daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 9th, 2011, 04:21 AM   #241
Mith252
Proud to be Malay-Chinese

Likes (Received): 3264

Well, let's just say that some countries do not have the capacity to host an event as large as the Olympic Games.

Anyway, let's hope that the games have more people attending. The matches are good but it is little demoralising to see some empty seats in the stadium.

Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2011, 05:27 AM   #242
gezza

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith252 View Post
Well, let's just say that some countries do not have the capacity to host an event as large as the Olympic Games.
Quote:

Anyway, let's hope that the games have more people attending. The matches are good but it is little demoralising to see some empty seats in the stadium.
Didn't seem to matter to FIFA, maybe the IOC has more integrity? (Cant be hard really)

On a side note I actually think Singapore would be a great venue for an event like the Asian cup. Its a cracking city, clean, efficient and the people are friendly. I know it only has one (real) stadium of merit but hell if Dohole can host events surely places like Singapore can.
Old January 9th, 2011, 05:35 AM   #243
Mith252

Haha, thanks for the compliments. Anyway, even if we wanted to be host, it is likely that it would be a joint effort with Malaysia or Indonesia. Besides, our soccer scene isn't exactly rosy. Just a few days ago, my country's soccer federation removed the entire team for dismal performance in 2010.

Anyway, they just need to learn from their mistake, Qatar that is. They need to be more efficient in attracting the people to the stadiums. They should also be selling tickets at the stadium itself instead of reserving a lot of tickets for media. If they do not arrive within an hour from kickoff, they should sell the tickets at the stadium gates. Just a suggestion.
Old January 9th, 2011, 05:47 AM   #244
Aka

Likes (Received): 145

Quote:
Besides, our soccer scene isn't exactly rosy. Just a few days ago, my country's soccer federation removed the entire team for dismal performance in 2010.
Well... You have a 40 year-old Bosnian striker.
Aka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 05:56 AM   #245
Mith252

Haha, you have a good point!! Anyway, the FAS, our football federation, president is relatively new. I guess he wants to restart everything from the ground up.

Even if they want foreign talent, at least acquire one that is way better than the local players, at least 50% better.

Kinda deviaiting here, sorry. Anyway, tonight's matches would be interesting as Japan is now using quite a lot of youngsters like Shinji Kagawa and have Keisuke Honda to lead them. Jordan could surprise them though.
Old January 9th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #246
amrja

Quote:
Originally Posted by gezza View Post
[B]

Didn't seem to matter to FIFA, maybe the IOC has more integrity? (Cant be hard really)

On a side note I actually think Singapore would be a great venue for an event like the Asian cup. Its a cracking city, clean, efficient and the people are friendly. I know it only has one (real) stadium of merit but hell if Dohole can host events surely places like Singapore can.
Are you seriously still bitching about Qatar? You need to get out more often, it'll do you some good.

Quote:

The IOC disagrees. They awarded Doha a higher rating than Rio for the 2016 Olympics, and the only reason Doha didn't get it was that the bid was centred on holding the competition in October. The IOC (rightfully) refused to budge on holding the competition in the summer.
amrja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 12:07 PM   #247
Mith252

Ah, well no more comments on that. Thanks on that piece of info. Anyway, they seriously need to address the problem of the lack of spectators in the stadium. It doesn't reflect well. The Blue Samurai are playing Jordan, while Saudi are playing Syria. Any predictions?

Last edited by Mith252; January 9th, 2011 at 12:38 PM.
Mith252 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 12:15 PM   #248
amrja

Quote:
Ah, well no more comments on that. Thanks on that piece of info. Anyway, they seriously need to address the problem of the lack of spectators in the stadium. It doesn't reflect well. The Blue Smaurai are playing Jordan, while Saudi are playing Syria. Any predictions?
Probably wins for both Saudi and Japan, although I hope Jordan can at least hold out for a draw. As for the spectators, I agree that it doesn't reflect well, but the AFC Asian Cup is much smaller than the WC and naturally will not attract the same amount of spectators. Come 2022 I am sure it will be completely different.
amrja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #249
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

I doubt it.
Solopop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 12:23 PM   #250
RobH

Likes (Received): 10341

The Unofficial Football World Championships 2011 campaign gets underway on Sunday as UFWC champions Japan take on challengers Jordan in Qatar. This title match is also the opening Group B fixture of the 2011 Asian Cup. Japan and Jordan will compete with Saudi Arabia and Syria in Group B, with the top two sides progressing to the knock out stage. For the bigger picture see our 2011 Asian Cup Preview.

Jordan are major underdogs, having never been involved in a UFWC title match in the entire history of the unofficial competition. They have played in one previous Asian Cup, in 2004, when they reached the quarter finals. That was considered to be the greatest achievement in the country’s footballing history.

Al-Nashima (the Brave Ones) are coached by an experienced Iraqi, Adnan Hamad, who called qualification for this tournament “a gift for the nation”. The side achieved qualification despite scoring only four goals throughout the campaign. Former star striker Mahmoud Shelbaieh, a national hero in Jordan, is no longer a member of the national squad. So they’ll be relying on Odai Al-Saify of Cypriot club Alki Larnaca for goals, alongside the likes of Moayyad Abu Keshek and Abdullah Deeb. Goalkeeper Amer Shafia and central defensive leader Hatem Aqel are other key players.

Japan coach Alberto Zaccheroni has much greater depth of talent at his disposal. The Italian, who won Serie A with AC Milan in 1999, has stated an aim to add European flair to his Blue Samurai. Japan are among the favourites to win the Asian Cup, alongside Saudi Arabia and Australia.

Midfielders Keisuke Honda, Yasuhito Endo and Shinji Kagawa should prove more than a match for any team in the competition. However, like Jordan, Japan have found goals hard to come by recently. Shinji Okazaki scored the winner against Argentina in October, and he looks likely to start this match as Japan’s lone striker, despite remaining on the bench throughout the World Cup. Zaccheroni will be without injured central defenders Marcus Tulio Tanaka and Yuji Nakazawa.

Television coverage of the 2011 Asian Cup is sparse. There is no live UK TV coverage of Japan vs Jordan. British Eurosport 2 will show highlights of the game at 22:45. However, it is possible to watch the match live online via the official AFC TV service. A monthly pass, which will allow you to watch the entire tournament, costs £4.99. The online service is not available to viewers in Japan, China, Korea, Australia or North America. Other streaming services may be available.

Can Japan retain the UFWC title or will Jordan pull off an almighty shock? Post your predictions and comments below, and join us for full coverage of the game on Sunday.

http://www.ufwc.co.uk/2011/01/japan-...2011-kick-off/
RobH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #251
gezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrja View Post
Are you seriously still bitching about Qatar? You need to get out more often, it'll do you some good.

The IOC disagrees. They awarded Doha a higher rating than Rio for the 2016 Olympics, and the only reason Doha didn't get it was that the bid was centred on holding the competition in October. The IOC (rightfully) refused to budge on holding the competition in the summer.
Oh how I have missed you moronic comments.... Am I / We/ Everyone outside of the Middle East still bitching? The Answer is yes. You think the world is just going to forget about the greatest miscarriage in world sport history in one month?

I need to get out more? Hahaha good one mate? I live in a paradise not a desert. What is your 'going out'? The world renowned night life in Dohole? Hahaha.
Old January 9th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #252
nikolina_fan
Nikolina :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
Well... You have a 40 year-old Bosnian striker.
And with 40 on his back he is better than any Qatari striker. Any Qatari players, as a matter of fact.

Aleksandar Đurić

Anyway, someone told there was China - Kuwait sold out? I havent seen packed stadium. And, nice performance by China. They were lucky in some moments, but, overall, deserved victory, and qualification to quarterfinal is almost secured.

I expect Japan to record easy victory today and Syria to take a point vs Falcons.
Old January 9th, 2011, 02:28 PM   #253
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 2

Some sources say that Saudi Arabia vs. Syria match has been sold out too, I hope it was.
Conqnot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #254
gezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqnot View Post
Some sources say that Saudi Arabia vs. Syria match has been sold out too, I hope it was.
I would put my house on it being as empty as last nights 'sell out'.
Old January 9th, 2011, 02:45 PM   #255
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
I don't think so, The Saudi fans are really loyal, the AFC Champions League semi final between Al Hilal (Saudi Arabia) and Ahan (Iran) in Saudi Arabia saw 70,000 attendance, we will wait and see.
Old January 9th, 2011, 04:31 PM   #256
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Likes (Received): 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoroushPersepolisi View Post
and is that supposed to be all of the languages participating in the asian cup? i didnt hear or see a persian
Khosh Amaded IS Persian خوش اماديد
The guy is even Persian.

Quote:
I dont know why the tickets were not available on the website, which got me to think that it was a sellout. MY BAD.

But I know my Saudi brothers, they will be filling up the stadium.

BTW its the 60th minute right now of Jordan vs Japan and the score is 1 - 0, For Jordan !!!!

فوقك سماوات العظيم، وتحتك رفات المخلصين
اكفخ بنبض ارواحنا، يدعم على مر السنين
Alrayyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #257
different

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolina_fan View Post
And with 40 on his back he is better than any Qatari striker. Any Qatari players, as a matter of fact.

Aleksandar Đurić

Anyway, someone told there was China - Kuwait sold out? I havent seen packed stadium. And, nice performance by China. They were lucky in some moments, but, overall, deserved victory, and qualification to quarterfinal is almost secured.

I expect Japan to record easy victory today and Syria to take a point vs Falcons.

You can see the stadium of Kuwait-China match here
http://qatarliving.com/node/1549052
different no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #258
Mith252

The Japan-Jordan match has just concluded. That was a close match. Jordan almost won it but Japan manage to get an equaliser in the final minute of the match. I stand by what I had said, in competitions, expect the unexpected.

BTW, different, your avatar is the skyline of Singapore. Nice.....
Old January 9th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #259
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Phew I lost a good amount of cells watching my country (Jordan) play against Japan, that was a very heated match, final score is 1-1.

Game goals

Old January 9th, 2011, 05:46 PM   #260
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Likes (Received): 483

I feel terrible, Jordan played great !! If it weren't for that very late Japanese goal....

Attendance was not bad either (6,255). Almost similar to yesterdays Kuwait VS China (7,423). And they are all foreigners !!! It could have been really bad, as low as 500 (like some 2007 AFC Asian Cup matches) So far it seems fair.

On the plus side, The fan chants at the Saudi Arabia vs Syria match is promising.

فوقك سماوات العظيم، وتحتك رفات المخلصين
اكفخ بنبض ارواحنا، يدعم على مر السنين
Alrayyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote