daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 9th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #261
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrayyan View Post
I feel terrible, Jordan played great !! If it weren't for that very late Japanese goal....

Attendance was not bad either (6,255). Almost similar to yesterdays Kuwait VS China (7,423). And they are all foreigners !!! It could have been really bad, as low as 500 (like some 2007 AFC Asian Cup matches) So far it seems fair.

On the plus side, The fan chants at the Saudi Arabia vs Syria match is promising.
Thanks, In Shaa Allah we will do better in our next matches, good luck to Qatar in their next games.

Concerning the attendance, my source here says 8,236 for the Jordan vs. Japan game, and yeah, looks like the Saudi Arabia vs. Syria game will be promising.
Conqnot no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #262
amrja

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqnot View Post
Thanks, In Shaa Allah we will do better in our next matches, good luck to Qatar in their next games.

Concerning the attendance, my source here says 8,236 for the Jordan vs. Japan game, and yeah, looks like the Saudi Arabia vs. Syria game will be promising.
Fingers crossed, I wanted to go to the game but I got off work late... I'd love to watch Jordan vs SA on Thursday, and if I can get off work early I'll definitely be there.
amrja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 06:19 PM   #263
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrja View Post
Fingers crossed, I wanted to go to the game but I got off work late... I'd love to watch Jordan vs SA on Thursday, and if I can get off work early I'll definitely be there.
Good luck to you
Old January 9th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #264
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Just like I expected, the stadiums of Saudi Arabia vs. Syria are packed, the game is very hype so far
Old January 9th, 2011, 06:31 PM   #265
Evil78

Likes (Received): 1672

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolina_fan View Post
And with 40 on his back he is better than any Qatari striker. Any Qatari players, as a matter of fact.

Aleksandar Đurić
Couldn't Qatar just buy a national team? (the way they bought themselves a World Cup) It sure would save them a lot of time and embarrassment. A few Brazilians, 2-3 argentinians, and the problem would be resolved.
Evil78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 06:33 PM   #266
Evil78

Quote:
Just like I expected, the stadiums of Saudi Arabia vs. Syria are packed, the game is very hype so far
PACKED???
The whole stand behind the Saudi keeper is empty!!!
Old January 9th, 2011, 06:33 PM   #267
amrja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil78 View Post
(the way they bought themselves a World Cup)
Everyone making this claim - are any of you about to substantiate your bullshit with actual sources on how Qatar bribed 11 different FIFA officials who voted in the first round? Or are you going to keep making baseless accusations?
Old January 9th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #268
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
PACKED???
The whole stand behind the Saudi keeper is empty!!!

Keep in mind this is a stage 1 game, games like that in the 2007 AFC had 2,000 people and some 500 people!!!!

This is considered packed for a stage 1 game when the host nation is not even playing in the AFC.
Old January 9th, 2011, 06:42 PM   #269
Evil78

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrja View Post
Everyone making this claim - are any of you about to substantiate your bullshit with actual sources on how Qatar bribed 11 different FIFA officials who voted in the first round? Or are you going to keep making baseless accusations?
You're so NAIVE !! Why do you think Qatar got the WorldCup? Because it's great football tradition? Because Qatar's population is football fanatic? Because Qatar offered a lot of talents to football?
Come on! What planet are you living on?
Old January 9th, 2011, 06:51 PM   #270
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Picture of Saudi Arabia vs. Syria game right before it started

Edit: First half done

Last edited by Conqnot; January 9th, 2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old January 9th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #271
Kuwaiti

Last edited by Kuwaiti; May 28th, 2015 at 06:42 PM.
Kuwaiti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #272
amrja

Quote:
You're so NAIVE !! Why do you think Qatar got the WorldCup? Because it's great football tradition? Because Qatar's population is football fanatic? Because Qatar offered a lot of talents to football?
Come on! What planet are you living on?
Because it's offering something new? Because the USA failed at bringing football to a new market in 1994, and Australia is a small market, while the Arab world will have a population of 700 million + by 2022? Because Qatar will literally do everything and anything FIFA wants them to do? Because they have consistently shown that they are effective at keeping their promises?

I'd rather be naive than a pessimist. I think you and many others will be very surprised by the time 2022 comes around.
Old January 9th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #273
amrja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuwaiti View Post
I'm going to post my criticism of Asia Cup 2011 here. I posted this in the Qatar forum but thought of adding it here as well, so that others from around the world can read it too. I'm not angry about this anymore but there are important points of criticism that need to be expressed until Qatar can get it right. From Asian Games 2006 to Asia Cup 2011, they didn't seem to learn from their mistakes. So here's the post I made:
You make some very legitimate points, but the fan zones are certainly there and their location is very well known. Aspire Park, the biggest one, is right next to Villagio and Khalifa and had you asked anyone who worked at the stadium they would have told you where to go.

Traffic is going to be bad anywhere when 37,000 people are trying to get to a stadium, and God knows how many more were trying to get to the Jay Sean concert next door - that's not counting those going to the mall itself. It's not really all that shocking - on a regular day it is nothing like that. Don't forget that by 2022 there will be a lot more options in terms of transport for fans. Until the metro gets built, any event that attracts this many people will cause massive traffic jams.

While I agree that management needs to be improved, Qatar is almost certainly going to hire the best of the best for crowd management in 2022. Give them some credit, it's not like they're just going to sit around and expect it to sort itself out.

Last edited by amrja; January 9th, 2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old January 9th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #274
n_pon88
wishing i was in bkk

Likes (Received): 13

well done kuwaiti! i love it when someone has a good rant based on facts and not just emotion! well done good sir!
n_pon88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #275
Kuwaiti

Old January 9th, 2011, 08:15 PM   #276
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Likes (Received): 483

Syria won Saudi Arabia 2 - 0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Match attendance: 16,562

فوقك سماوات العظيم، وتحتك رفات المخلصين
اكفخ بنبض ارواحنا، يدعم على مر السنين
Alrayyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 08:16 PM   #277
Kuwaiti

Old January 9th, 2011, 08:37 PM   #278
amrja

Quote:
It'll only be a waste of their money, which I now think they should be focusing on building a self-sufficient country. They're only going to waste away billions on something they don't need anyway, not to mention regardless of how many methods you put, Qatar 2022 will be a thousand times worse with all the fans, tourists and laborers they expect to bring in. Hell, even if teleportation was available, it would still be chaotic.
How so? They will develop an excellent infrastructure which will remain active long after the World Cup ends, and they will put their country on the map. Surely those are the most important steps in becoming self-sufficient, especially for a tiny country like Qatar.

You are basing your argument on how the 2022 WC will turn out based on what you are seeing today, in 2011. If 11 years ago I told you what Qatar would be like today, you would have laughed in my face. The fact of the matter is the country is about to experience unprecedented development in many areas of its economy as a result of the event - of the sort Kuwait sorely needs these days - and I certainly don't see that as a downside.

Quote:
But where there's place for criticism, it deserves to be said.
Certainly, but there are two sides to each coin
Old January 9th, 2011, 08:40 PM   #279
SoroushPersepolisi

Likes (Received): 5088

Quote:
Uzbekistan is an Islamic country.
so what they are not an islamic republic though
Old January 9th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #280
DaveyCakes

Likes (Received): 45

I'm going to North Korea v Iran on Saturday (at the Qatar Sports Club stadium)..Will it be possible to get to the Iraq v UAE match later (Ahmed bin Ali Stadium)? How far apart are the 2 grounds?
DaveyCakes no está en línea   Reply With Quote