daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 9th, 2011, 08:46 PM   #281
SoroushPersepolisi

Likes (Received): 5088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrayyan View Post
Khosh Amaded IS Persian خوش اماديد
The guy is even Persian.

:

buddy im persian myself i would know and no there was no persian looking guy in the whole video. secondly even if they did say it was really faded and said with a horrible accent and it was a guy with a dishdasha saying it lol not really persian is it? while on the other hand u actually had a chinese guy saying hi in chinese

Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2011, 08:46 PM   #282
SoroushPersepolisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyCakes View Post
I'm going to North Korea v Iran on Saturday (at the Qatar Sports Club stadium)..Will it be possible to get to the Iraq v UAE match later (Ahmed bin Ali Stadium)? How far apart are the 2 grounds?
take pics of the croud please
Old January 9th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #283
DaveyCakes

Likes (Received): 45

I know there won't be (m)any Koreans, but what about Iranians?
DaveyCakes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 08:51 PM   #284
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 2

Syria beats Saudi Arabia 2-1 in what I call the best match so far in the AFC Cup, what an amazing game this was, the Saudi team didn't give up, they kept fighting untill the last minute.

Game Goals
Conqnot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #285
amrja

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
I'm going to North Korea v Iran on Saturday (at the Qatar Sports Club stadium)..Will it be possible to get to the Iraq v UAE match later (Ahmed bin Ali Stadium)? How far apart are the 2 grounds?
Around 20 minutes with no traffic, although there'll probably be quite a bit around Qatar SC because of the game. You'll have over an hour, you should be able to make it.
amrja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 09:03 PM   #286
DaveyCakes

Likes (Received): 45

Thanks!
DaveyCakes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 09:36 PM   #287
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Likes (Received): 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrja View Post
Around 20 minutes with no traffic, although there'll probably be quite a bit around Qatar SC because of the game. You'll have over an hour, you should be able to make it.
2 Games in a day, reminds me of the Qatar 2022 plans...

فوقك سماوات العظيم، وتحتك رفات المخلصين
اكفخ بنبض ارواحنا، يدعم على مر السنين
Alrayyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #288
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoroushPersepolisi View Post
buddy im persian myself i would know and no there was no persian looking guy in the whole video. secondly even if they did say it was really faded and said with a horrible accent and it was a guy with a dishdasha saying it lol not really persian is it? while on the other hand u actually had a chinese guy saying hi in chinese
All these actors are residing in Qatar, so the Iranian had interpreted some type of local clothes (although Iranian clothes are sometimes similar).

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%D8%AE...AF%DB%8C%D8%AF

Check the PERSIAN in this section:
http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/welcome.htm

Old January 9th, 2011, 10:04 PM   #289
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Kuwait lodge Asian Cup protest against Aussie ref

DOHA — The Kuwait Football Association (KFA) on Sunday made an official complaint about Australian referee Benjamin Williams, who oversaw their 2-0 defeat by China in their opening Asian Cup group game.

Williams showed Kuwait left-back Mesad Nada a straight red card in the first half of Monday's Group A game here, after the defender kicked out at Chinese forward Yang Xu.

He also rejected a strong Kuwaiti penalty appeal in the first half and refused to award a goal when China goalkeeper Yang Zhi fumbled the ball on his line early in the second period.

Kuwait coach Gordan Tufegdzic criticised Williams' performance in his post-match press conference and on Sunday KFA president Sheikh Tala Fahad Al Sabah revealed that a complaint had been made against the official.
"The mistakes made by the referee were effective and were made in a biased way," Al Sabah claimed in a statement on the KFA website.

"If the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) has forgotten about the CV of the Australian referee, I will slightly refresh their memory.

"We all know that he made disastrous mistakes in the match between China and Malaysia in the recent Asian Games (when three Malaysian players were sent off).

"Also, he committed obvious mistakes in the match between Al Sadd (Qatar) and Najaf (Iraq) four years ago. Al Sadd protested on his re-appointment for another match a year later.

"What happened in the match against China is not acceptable and would not occur in street matches."

The Kuwait national team were involved in one of the most famous protests in the sport's history during a 4-1 defeat by France in the group stage of the 1982 World Cup in Spain.

Mistakenly believing they had heard the referee's whistle prior to a France goal, the Kuwait players were ordered to leave the field by then KFA president Sheikh Fahid Al Ahmad Al Sabah, who stormed onto the pitch.

Soviet referee Miroslav Stupar subsequently disallowed the goal, but later lost the right to referee international matches, while Al Sabah received a 10,000-dollar fine.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...82a92c181f.4c1

Old January 9th, 2011, 10:22 PM   #290
SoroushPersepolisi

Quote:
All these actors are residing in Qatar, so the Iranian had interpreted some type of local clothes (although Iranian clothes are sometimes similar).

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%D8%AE...AF%DB%8C%D8%AF

Check the PERSIAN in this section:
http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/welcome.htm
i said i know persian im fluent its my mother tongue

but anyway it doesnt matter if the man saying xosh amadid was arab we are all people thats what counts lol and the asian cup this year has a high quality facilities and good grass
Old January 9th, 2011, 10:24 PM   #291
SoroushPersepolisi

Quote:
I know there won't be (m)any Koreans, but what about Iranians?
there will be a descent number of persians but prolly none are going to be like the real football fans that are in iran
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:40 AM   #292
Mith252
Proud to be Malay-Chinese

Likes (Received): 3271

Ah, well, the competition sure had a few surprises. The Saudi went down to Syria, Japan had to fight for a draw. This is exciting in a way. It is great to see the fans coming out in force for the Saudi-Syria match.
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:56 AM   #293
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Kuwait lodge Asian Cup protest against Aussie ref

DOHA — The Kuwait Football Association (KFA) on Sunday made an official complaint about Australian referee Benjamin Williams, who oversaw their 2-0 defeat by China in their opening Asian Cup group game.

Williams showed Kuwait left-back Mesad Nada a straight red card in the first half of Monday's Group A game here, after the defender kicked out at Chinese forward Yang Xu.

He also rejected a strong Kuwaiti penalty appeal in the first half and refused to award a goal when China goalkeeper Yang Zhi fumbled the ball on his line early in the second period.

Kuwait coach Gordan Tufegdzic criticised Williams' performance in his post-match press conference and on Sunday KFA president Sheikh Tala Fahad Al Sabah revealed that a complaint had been made against the official.
"The mistakes made by the referee were effective and were made in a biased way," Al Sabah claimed in a statement on the KFA website.

"If the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) has forgotten about the CV of the Australian referee, I will slightly refresh their memory.

"We all know that he made disastrous mistakes in the match between China and Malaysia in the recent Asian Games (when three Malaysian players were sent off).

"Also, he committed obvious mistakes in the match between Al Sadd (Qatar) and Najaf (Iraq) four years ago. Al Sadd protested on his re-appointment for another match a year later.

"What happened in the match against China is not acceptable and would not occur in street matches."

The Kuwait national team were involved in one of the most famous protests in the sport's history during a 4-1 defeat by France in the group stage of the 1982 World Cup in Spain.

Mistakenly believing they had heard the referee's whistle prior to a France goal, the Kuwait players were ordered to leave the field by then KFA president Sheikh Fahid Al Ahmad Al Sabah, who stormed onto the pitch.

Soviet referee Miroslav Stupar subsequently disallowed the goal, but later lost the right to referee international matches, while Al Sabah received a 10,000-dollar fine.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...82a92c181f.4c1
What do they expect to happen? Have a goal given too them?
Solopop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:10 AM   #294
Aka

Likes (Received): 145

Bye!!!

Aka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:12 AM   #295
zapor1

Likes (Received): 31

Can you imagine a game between South Korea and North Korea? Although it'll probably never happen in any sort of soccer competition, it sure would be a heated game.
zapor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:19 AM   #296
Aka

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapor1 View Post
Can you imagine a game between South Korea and North Korea? Although it'll probably never happen in any sort of soccer competition, it sure would be a heated game.

Old January 10th, 2011, 02:21 AM   #297
zapor1

Likes (Received): 31

oh, i guessed i missed that one then.
zapor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:23 AM   #298
Aka

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapor1 View Post
oh, i guessed i missed that one then.
There were two. But, of course, the other one wasn't played at North Korea.
Old January 10th, 2011, 03:07 AM   #299
IanCleverly
A New Kind of Medicine

Likes (Received): 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
The Unofficial Football World Championships 2011 campaign gets underway on Sunday as UFWC champions Japan take on challengers Jordan in Qatar. This title match is also the opening Group B fixture of the 2011 Asian Cup. Japan and Jordan will compete with Saudi Arabia and Syria in Group B, with the top two sides progressing to the knock out stage.

http://www.ufwc.co.uk/2011/01/japan-...2011-kick-off/
The Unofficial World Championships? Someone send the owner of that website a Globe will they?

Edit: Oh right - it's some kind of gimmicky boxing style contest between footballing nations
IanCleverly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 06:11 AM   #300
Mith252
Proud to be Malay-Chinese

Likes (Received): 3271

Well, the matches that have been played is very interesting. The Saudi game was quite a good one to watch, not only for the playing style of both teams but also the huge number of supporters in the stadium. The Saudi fans are very supportive of their football team.