daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 22nd, 2011, 01:22 PM   #381
Bavvarian

Likes (Received): 0

the stadiums are nice , but small
they should do a tremendous efforts to be ready for the world cup .
Bavvarian no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2011, 02:18 PM   #382
Mith252
Proud to be Malay-Chinese

Likes (Received): 3271

Oh I am sure they can do it. They have 11 years to go.

Anyway, Iran vs South Korea and Iraq vs Australia tonight. I would say South Korea and Australia will go through. Any thoughts?
Old January 22nd, 2011, 02:28 PM   #383
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

Agree.
Solopop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2011, 02:31 PM   #384
VCTech09
Mighty Pirate™

Likes (Received): 3

I won't be surprised if Iraq goes through.
VCTech09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2011, 06:05 PM   #385
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

_X_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2011, 06:15 PM   #386
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 2

Even though this game only had one goal, and in the 117th minute, it was still entertaining to watch.

Australia 1:0 Iraq

In my personal opinion, that just as far as the socceroos will go in the AFC cup, they will have a hard match against Uzbekistan in the semi final.
Conqnot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2011, 07:05 PM   #387
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqnot View Post
Even though this game only had one goal, and in the 117th minute, it was still entertaining to watch.

Australia 1:0 Iraq

In my personal opinion, that just as far as the socceroos will go in the AFC cup, they will have a hard match against Uzbekistan in the semi final.
Eliminated teams in the quarter finals so far
Qatar,Jordan,Iraq

Iraq is a quality opponent but we deserved to win despite still not playing well
4 games played, 1 goal conceded
The extra day will help the Uzbeks massively now that we played 2 hours.A few injury clouds also lurk from some of the pathetic tactics by opponents to stifle our stars.
Australia was the first National team to win in Tashkent for a decade in WCQ and of course we won 2-0 in Sydney on the return leg

I don't think we fear Uzbeki's but the advantage they have in recovery is substantial.And of course they are a good team
Should win but football is a funny game
Crowd prediction-6,000
Old January 22nd, 2011, 07:17 PM   #388
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Eliminated teams in the quarter finals so far
Qatar,Jordan,Iraq

Iraq is a quality opponent but we deserved to win despite still not playing well
4 games played, 1 goal conceded
The extra day will help the Uzbeks massively now that we played 2 hours.A few injury clouds also lurk from some of the pathetic tactics by opponents to stifle our stars.
Australia was the first National team to win in Tashkent for a decade in WCQ and of course we won 2-0 in Sydney on the return leg

I don't think we fear Uzbeki's but the advantage they have in recovery is substantial.And of course they are a good team
Should win but football is a funny game
Crowd prediction-6,000
You missed a very important point, Uzbekistan in 2009 is not Uzbekistan in 2011, Qatar, who gave the Japanese a very hard time in their match yesterday, lost to Uzbekistan 2-0 and in their home, and Jordan who tied with Japan 1-1 also lost to Uzbekistan 2-1 yesterday. Uzbekistan has improved a lot since 2 years, just saying.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 09:07 PM   #389
_X_

Quote:
You missed a very important point, Uzbekistan in 2009 is not Uzbekistan in 2011, Qatar, who gave the Japanese a very hard time in their match yesterday, lost to Uzbekistan 2-0 and in their home, and Jordan who tied with Japan 1-1 also lost to Uzbekistan 2-1 yesterday. Uzbekistan has improved a lot since 2 years, just saying.
I didn't miss a point at all.I picked Uzbekistan to outlast all the Middle East teams which they have
I said they we're a good team.I also said Australia were the first team in 10 years to win in Tashkent -which proves my point
They are no better than they were 2 years ago with a ranking over 100 when in 2009 they were in the 60's
Very dangerous team-also very hot and cold,you never know which team will turn up

Eliminated teams from the quarter finals
Qatar,Jordan,Iraq,Iran

Three teams left from East Asia plus the best team in West Asia-I reckon the favourites have got thru
Old January 22nd, 2011, 09:14 PM   #390
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
I didn't miss a point at all.I picked Uzbekistan to outlast all the Middle East teams which they have
I said they we're a good team.I also said Australia were the first team in 10 years to win in Tashkent -which proves my point
They are no better than they were 2 years ago with a ranking over 100 when in 2009 they were in the 60's
Very dangerous team-also very hot and cold,you never know which team will turn up

Eliminated teams from the quarter finals
Qatar,Jordan,Iraq,Iran

Three teams left from East Asia plus the best team in West Asia-I reckon the favourites have got thru
Ranking doesn't mean squat, what did France's #15 rank do against South Africa's #70 rank in the world cup? not much, what goes on in the stadium is what matters.

Everything else you said I agree with.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 09:48 PM   #391
_X_

Quote:
Ranking doesn't mean squat, what did France's #15 rank do against South Africa's #70 rank in the world cup? not much, what goes on in the stadium is what matters.

Everything else you said I agree with.
How else can I rank them.Uzbekistan hasn't scored against us in either qualifier.
FIFA rankings aren't that good but are on the whole a reasonable guide and just because you get a few teams failing against other high ranked teams or a home team who clearly are a better team than their ranking and have qualified for WC before isn't a get out of jail card for the sides that are ranked 100 or worse-they will still usually lose against most teams in the top 25
Old January 22nd, 2011, 09:56 PM   #392
okulaja

south korea is my fovourite
okulaja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 06:54 AM   #393
almerrikh123

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gezza View Post
Oh dear - better check before posting next time.
it's true qatar nationalizes alot of its players just because some of them speak arabic doesnt mean their qatari 3 of the starters have sudanese parents and are naturally sudanese ahmedyusuf,hamid ismael and of course jeddo elsayed the others are also naturalized when i see the qatar team i only see 4 real qataris playing its the sad truth.
almerrikh123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:08 PM   #394
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by almerrikh123 View Post
it's true qatar nationalizes alot of its players just because some of them speak arabic doesnt mean their qatari 3 of the starters have sudanese parents and are naturally sudanese ahmedyusuf,hamid ismael and of course jeddo elsayed the others are also naturalized when i see the qatar team i only see 4 real qataris playing its the sad truth.
If you wanna go by that concept, then none of the Qatari people are actually Qatari, all of them are Saudis, Kuwaitis, and Bahrainis, cuz that's where their ancestors came from. Same with Aussies and Americans, they are British, Scottish, and Irish.

I'm sure __X__ wouldn't like it if I said Harry Kewell should play for England and not Australia because his parents are from England and he also has a British passport in addition to the Australian one.

A person doesn't usually represent where his ancestors came from, he usually represents his nationality.

Last edited by Conqnot; January 23rd, 2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:44 PM   #395
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
I'm sure __X__ wouldn't like it if I said Harry Kewell should play for England and not Australia because his parents are from England and he also has a British passport in addition to the Australian one.
You may want to know a few facts before spouting off like this.

Being an immigrant nation, this is an issue Australia is constantly dealing with, so I doubt x would be shocked.

Firstly it's common knowledge England made a massive play for Kewell as a junior, and he only sided with us after some serious thought.

Secondly, we have lost players to the Serbian, Croatian, and I think the Greek team. Coaches are constantly having to weigh up whether it's worth caping players early to stop this, but it's that early you don't know their value yet. We also nearly lost Cahill to the Samoan team, when he played for them as a kid. His appeal actually helped establish the current rules determining a players football nationality when they are eligible for multiple countries.
T74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:51 PM   #396
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
You may want to know a few facts before spouting off like this.

Being an immigrant nation, this is an issue Australia is constantly dealing with, so I doubt x would be shocked.

Firstly it's common knowledge England made a massive play for Kewell as a junior, and he only sided with us after some serious thought.

Secondly, we have lost players to the Serbian, Croatian, and I think the Greek team. Coaches are constantly having to weigh up whether it's worth caping players early to stop this, but it's that early you don't know their value yet. We also nearly lost Cahill to the Samoan team, when he played for them as a kid. His appeal actually helped establish the current rules determining a players football nationality when they are eligible for multiple countries.
So then why are some of the Aussies blaming Qatar for having the decendants of immigrants on their team when Australia has the same issue?
Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:17 PM   #397
Melb_aviator

Likes (Received): 434

Quote:
So then why are some of the Aussies blaming Qatar for having the decendants of immigrants on their team when Australia has the same issue?
I tend to think many, not just Australians, have a go at some Arab countries, due to their approach to nationalising players, which is very different to having been born in a country and having foreign heritage. The 2 situations are polar opposites apart.

Qatar nationalising South American players is one example the world sees along with Bahrain and Qatar both chasing African long distance athletics runners to come and compete for them. Whatever the reasons for this, and the detaiils of how they end up there, many will be very skeptical about the whole process.

In the end its about perception.

Enough about these side issues, Australia played ok against Iraq, but just can not capatalise on the chances they had during the game.. The Uzbeks are actually a very similar team to Australia, being a very physical side, which makes the match up very interesting.

Overall the standard of play has been quite good in the Asian Cup. Many teams have shown a good account of themselves, including Qatar, who definately pushed Japan to the brink in their game.
Melb_aviator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:27 PM   #398
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melb_aviator View Post
I tend to think many, not just Australians, have a go at some Arab countries, due to their approach to nationalising players, which is very different to having been born in a country and having foreign heritage. The 2 situations are polar opposites apart.

Qatar nationalising South American players is one example the world sees along with Bahrain and Qatar both chasing African long distance athletics runners to come and compete for them. Whatever the reasons for this, and the detaiils of how they end up there, many will be very skeptical about the whole process.

In the end its about perception.
Oh, so you're saying its different because Qatar is a new country and people are just starting to immigrate to it? if Qatar got its independence at the same time Australia did, it would have much more immigrants and therefor they would be able to build a soccer team of those immigrants just like Australia, so then it would be ok?

Plus Qatar and Bahrain are the only 2 Arab countries that actually do nationalize players due to their very low population because they're new countries, and they're not the only ones in the world, try Italy and Germany, who have a good amount of nationalized players.

Why is it ok for Germany who has a population of 81 million to nationalize, and not ok for Qatar (1.7 million)
Germany has the following nationalized players:

Cacau (born in Brazil)
Lukas Podolski (born in Poland)
Marko Marin (born in Yugoslovia)
Andreas Beck (born in Soviet Union)
Piotr Trochowski (born in Poland)
Miroslav Klose (born in Poland)

Last edited by Conqnot; January 23rd, 2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:38 PM   #399
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Oh, so you're saying its different because Qatar is a new country and people are just starting to immigrate to it? if Qatar got its independence at the same time Australia did, it would have much more immigrants and therefor they would be able to build a soccer team of those immigrants just like Australia, so then it would be ok?

Plus Qatar and Bahrain are the only 2 Arab countries that actually do nationalize players due to their very low population because they're new countries, and they're not the only ones, try Italy, who has a good amount of nationalized players.

In the end, just like you said, it's about perception, but I hope you got my point.
Immigrate to it? what are you on about? Qatar goes out and buys players from other nations and then swaps citizenship to Qatar through the Emir himself. I mean Qatar's football team is a total utter farce. It's totally different to a family who immigrates to another nation and then they get given the citizenship and their kids grow up to play for the nation such as Australia. Australia doesn't go out to recruit people for their football team, people properly immigrate to Australia and their kids might grow up to play for Australia which is fantastic, it's totally different to Qatar's totally disgraceful policies, I mean Qatar is one of the hardest places on the planet to get citizenship, even if your born there it doesn't matter, you won't become a citizen but if you can play football then the WELCOME TO QATAR mat and Citizenship with LNG gas money suddenly gets put out, what a total utter farce, I mean Qatar is the world's biggest footballing criminal, stealing 10 and 11 year old African kids is a crime, just for a farce of a football team, which has no resemblance to the real Qatar. I suggest you take a long hard look at yourself, even if Qatar wins the football world cup, nobody will care because Qatar's team is a total joke, if we had proper people within FIFA, Qatar would be banned from the football world, for a long long time.
MysteryMike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:44 PM   #400
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
As I said previously, I think it's the difference between getting migrant players who want to make their home at that country, and those who will only be a XXXX citizen as long as they are on the national team.

Rightly or wrongly, there is a perception out there that certain countries pay players to be change citizenship for the short term gig. To be far, this has been around since the eighties, just the countries doing it changes.

Personally I am not a fan. Yet to see a national team of any sport prosper based on short term mercenary imports. Looks good on paper, but the players who take these deals are usually not guns anyway.
T74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote