daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 25th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #461
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

Lets hope Australia Day =Australia win.I reckon we can do it despite the massive advantage the Uzbeki's have on recovery time.I note they also rested 5 players against Jordan

Anything could happen but I'm hopeful that this particular group of players gets the result that they crave

Uncrowd=5,250
_X_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2011, 11:52 AM   #462
Conqnot
Registered Abuser
 
Conqnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Amman, Jordan
Posts: 677
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Lets hope Australia Day =Australia win.I reckon we can do it despite the massive advantage the Uzbeki's have on recovery time.I note they also rested 5 players against Jordan

Anything could happen but I'm hopeful that this particular group of players gets the result that they crave

Uncrowd=5,250
I think Uzbekistan is gonna win, and who told you they rested 5 players? They played with they're best pick, which includes Alexander Genyrych, Server Djaperov, Ahmedov, Stanislav Andreev.. You really think they're gonna rest theyre best players against Jordan, who never lost a match in the AFC before? and in the quarter finals?

Jordan's loss against the Uzbekistan was the first loss in AFC history for Jordan.

Last edited by Conqnot; January 25th, 2011 at 12:10 PM.
Conqnot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 12:58 PM   #463
hakz2007
Moderador
 
hakz2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Riŋkonāda
Posts: 18,389
Likes (Received): 4867

I am rooting for Uzbekistan in tonight's match
__________________
CAMARINES SUR: SSC CAMSUR | PROJECTS AND CONSTRUCTION | PORTS AND SHIPPING
ASIA'S BEST THREAD: ASEAN REGIONAL NEWS THREAD
VISIT: CAMARINES SUR
hakz2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 01:20 PM   #464
T74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 622
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakz2007 View Post
I am rooting for Uzbekistan in tonight's match
If they were not playing Australia, so would I. Lot to like about the way they go about it
T74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 01:32 PM   #465
Ecological
BANNED
 
Ecological's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,518
Likes (Received): 23

I know exactly what we are talking about. What I am getting at is the lack of attendance which I find astonishing.

And I am still pissed that us English contingent are going to have to spend thousands on visiting a place like Qatar in blistering heat, no street drinking and no form of entertainment instead of Australia. I'm even more pissed off they are going to make us spend thousands more 4 years earlier to fly around Russia.

There is no love for football. There is just love for money and prestige.

Us English fans who love our team enough to send 100,000 abroad to follow the game and team we care about cant watch the worlds biggest sporting event in our own country yet a nation who can't even half fill stadiums can is a disgrace.

Here is a stat for you.

Average attendance of 11,000 for a major international tournament at a WORLD CUP host.

19 of 24 - 2nd tier English Championship teams better that.

The Midlands in England with a population the equivelent of Qatar ...

Aston Villa 37,000
Wolves 27,000
Birmingham 25,000
Albion 23,000
Stoke 27,000
Derby 26,000
Leicester 23,000
Forest 23,000
Coventry 17,000

In total ... over more games ... against arguably worse opposition. These teams have had over ... 2,185,000 people walk through their gates over 88 games.

That's 25,000 fans on average per game ... on average £35 a ticket. ($60)

I think FIFA's decision is shameful and this Asian Cup proves it.
Ecological no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 01:47 PM   #466
Conqnot
Registered Abuser
 
Conqnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Amman, Jordan
Posts: 677
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecological View Post
I know exactly what we are talking about. What I am getting at is the lack of attendance which I find astonishing.

And I am still pissed that us English contingent are going to have to spend thousands on visiting a place like Qatar in blistering heat, no street drinking and no form of entertainment instead of Australia. I'm even more pissed off they are going to make us spend thousands more 4 years earlier to fly around Russia.

There is no love for football. There is just love for money and prestige.

Us English fans who love our team enough to send 100,000 abroad to follow the game and team we care about cant watch the worlds biggest sporting event in our own country yet a nation who can't even half fill stadiums can is a disgrace.

Here is a stat for you.

Average attendance of 11,000 for a major international tournament at a WORLD CUP host.

19 of 24 - 2nd tier English Championship teams better that.

The Midlands in England with a population the equivelent of Qatar ...

Aston Villa 37,000
Wolves 27,000
Birmingham 25,000
Albion 23,000
Stoke 27,000
Derby 26,000
Leicester 23,000
Forest 23,000
Coventry 17,000

In total ... over more games ... against arguably worse opposition. These teams have had over ... 2,185,000 people walk through their gates over 88 games.

That's 25,000 fans on average per game ... on average £35 a ticket. ($60)

I think FIFA's decision is shameful and this Asian Cup proves it.
I don't think you understand what the FIFA is trying to do. They are trying to develop football in nations where there is a little love for it. Platter already said that he is aiming to develop football in India after Qatar. We already know that a 100,000 will come to a match if the world cup was in England, but we want a change for once, try visiting a region you have never visited before, the challenge of filling up the stadiums is a thrill itself for Qatar I bet.
Conqnot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 02:40 PM   #467
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK
 
www.sercan.de's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 27,950
Likes (Received): 2719

Ok guys.

Everybody will be banned if he will post WC 2022 or other OFFTOPIC post.

You are free to open a new thread at the skybar section.
__________________
International titles of Galatasaray SK
UEFA Europa League (1): 2000
UEFA Super Cup (1): 2000

ULEB Eurocup (1): 2016

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF André Vergauwen Cup (1): 2017
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012

EJU Golden League (1): 2014
www.sercan.de no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #468
Solopop
Solopop
 
Solopop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,113
Likes (Received): 99

or she.
Solopop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 03:55 PM   #469
Mith252
Proud to be Malay-Chinese
 
Mith252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 17,501
Likes (Received): 3264

Korea Republic leading at the moment due to a penalty.
__________________
MAN CITY FAN SINCE 1999!!
KEVIN DE BRUYNE WILL SHOW THE WAY...
Mith252 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 04:18 PM   #470
Conqnot
Registered Abuser
 
Conqnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Amman, Jordan
Posts: 677
Likes (Received): 2

Half time and the score 1-1, I can safely say this one of the best matches in the championship
Conqnot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 06:07 PM   #471
Conqnot
Registered Abuser
 
Conqnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Amman, Jordan
Posts: 677
Likes (Received): 2

Woah what a game!!!!! Both teams attacking till the last miniute, Japan was winning 2-1 untill the minute '120, and that's when South Korea scored a goal to tie 2-2

Penalty time and the Japanese goalkeeper was a monster and blocked all South Korea's penalty shots
Final score

Japan 2-2 South Korea

Penalties
Japan 3-0 South Korea
Conqnot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #472
cornelinho
Registered User
 
cornelinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 321
Likes (Received): 0

3-0 penalty..to bad ... good game although
__________________
##################
##################
##################
##################
##################


Romania
cornelinho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #473
cornelinho
Registered User
 
cornelinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 321
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqnot View Post
Penalty time and the Japanese goalkeeper was a monster and blocked all South Korea's penalty shots
blocked what ?korea miss them ,no goalkeeper needed for that
__________________
##################
##################
##################
##################
##################


Romania
cornelinho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 06:12 PM   #474
Conqnot
Registered Abuser
 
Conqnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Amman, Jordan
Posts: 677
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelinho View Post
blocked what korea miss them no goalkeeper needed for that
they missed only 1 shot, the goalkeeper blocked the rest of them
Conqnot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #475
cornelinho
Registered User
 
cornelinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 321
Likes (Received): 0

ok..ok.. coming up uzbekistan-australia place your bets
__________________
##################
##################
##################
##################
##################


Romania
cornelinho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #476
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم
 
Alrayyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,828
Likes (Received): 483

Too bad S.Korea didn't make it through...
__________________

فوقك سماوات العظيم، وتحتك رفات المخلصين
اكفخ بنبض ارواحنا، يدعم على مر السنين
Alrayyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 06:44 PM   #477
Solopop
Solopop
 
Solopop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,113
Likes (Received): 99

Kewell. <3
Solopop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #478
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK
 
www.sercan.de's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 27,950
Likes (Received): 2719

Kewell. Still 2008 at Galatasaray SK, but already a legend although he did not play a lot.
__________________
International titles of Galatasaray SK
UEFA Europa League (1): 2000
UEFA Super Cup (1): 2000

ULEB Eurocup (1): 2016

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF André Vergauwen Cup (1): 2017
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012

EJU Golden League (1): 2014
www.sercan.de no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 07:46 PM   #479
DenilsonUK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cumbria, UK.
Posts: 68
Likes (Received): 2

3-0 now, game over.

Uzbekistan are down to 10 men as well.
__________________
"I spent some wonderful years with Carlisle United, and I quickly came to realise that they have some of the most fiercely loyal supporters in the country."
DenilsonUK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:21 PM   #480
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

SHOULD HAVE WON BY 10

btw,just how much have the crowd attendance been jacked up?

Japan will present a real threat although they are our ...

Australia's Day on Australia Day

Last edited by www.sercan.de; January 26th, 2011 at 05:12 PM.
_X_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu