daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 27th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #581
Conqnot
Registered Abuser
 
Conqnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Amman, Jordan
Posts: 677
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrayyan View Post
False, False & False as always.

All stadiums have appropriate seating colors except Khalifa which has a mixture of White, Maroon and grey.

The so called "prizes" are not anyway related to the organizers, its just news papers that photograph random spectators attending the matches that relate to Qatar (4 matches)

One bay for women ? Wrong, its a family exclusive area.

No such records for crowd noise, it was all natural.

Over sized media area (at Khalifa stadium only) to guarantee a successful Asian Cup.

The stadiums are the ones available right now in Qatar.

Busing thousands from labour camps ? please give me a break , no such thing happened.
Rofl

I just can't wait for Australia 2015

Anyways, tommorow Uzbekistan & South Korea are competing over 3rd place, it's an important game, because the team that wins 3rd place will qualify automatically to the AFC in Australia 2015 without going through the qualifiers, along with 2nd place and the champion.
Conqnot no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #582
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqnot View Post
Rofl

I just can't wait for Australia 2015

Anyways, tommorow Uzbekistan & South Korea are competing over 3rd place, it's an important game, because the team that wins 3rd place will qualify automatically to the AFC in Australia 2015 without going through the qualifiers, along with 2nd place and the champion.
Yep, everyone can't wait because what a farce Qatar 2011 has been, it's ruined the tournament, in what should have been a massive tournament for the Asian Cup, Asia's premier tournament had the chance to get some well earnt respect in terms of international tournaments and Qatar's shambolic job has ruined any chance of that, people around the globe have just seen news story after news story of Qatar's failures and been beamed game after game of empty stadiums, disgracing Asia's reputation. Unlike the football world cup in South Africa, the quality on the pitch by the playing nations has been first class and I'm sure Asian football is at least thankful for that. Qatar ruining world football one step at a time, first make an absolute farce of national teams, then put on farcical regional tournaments and then ruin the sports greatest event after stealing the hosting rights. I'm sure everyone is expecting something from Qatar but it's on the opposite end of the scale of amazing and the word has four letters and starts with an S and finishes with a T, all in capital letters. Also Australia has already qualified for it's Asian Cup hosting in 2015, unlike the world's biggest football criminal.
MysteryMike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 01:40 PM   #583
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم
 
Alrayyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,828
Likes (Received): 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
Yep, everyone can't wait because what a farce Qatar 2011 has been, it's ruined the tournament, in what should have been a massive tournament for the Asian Cup, Asia's premier tournament had the chance to get some well earnt respect in terms of international tournaments and Qatar's shambolic job has ruined any chance of that, people around the globe have just seen news story after news story of Qatar's failures and been beamed game after game of empty stadiums, disgracing Asia's reputation. Unlike the football world cup in South Africa, the quality on the pitch by the playing nations has been first class and I'm sure Asian football is at least thankful for that. Qatar ruining world football one step at a time, first make an absolute farce of national teams, then put on farcical regional tournaments and then ruin the sports greatest event after stealing the hosting rights. I'm sure everyone is expecting something from Qatar but it's on the opposite end of the scale of amazing and the word has four letters and starts with an S and finishes with a T, all in capital letters. Also Australia has already qualified for it's Asian Cup hosting in 2015, unlike the world's biggest football criminal.
Oh bugger off already,

Qatar just got the IHF 2015 World Cup hosting rights
__________________

فوقك سماوات العظيم، وتحتك رفات المخلصين
اكفخ بنبض ارواحنا، يدعم على مر السنين
Alrayyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 01:42 PM   #584
Conqnot
Registered Abuser
 
Conqnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Amman, Jordan
Posts: 677
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrayyan View Post
Oh bugger off already,

Qatar just got the IHF 2015 World Cup hosting rights
Congratz Qatar

Predictions for tommorow's game?
Conqnot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 02:01 PM   #585
gavstar00
Registered User
 
gavstar00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: N/A
Posts: 371
Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrayyan View Post
Qatar just got the IHF 2015 World Cup hosting rights
Can I ask how big Handball is in Qatar? You appear to be ranked 36th in the world according to the most recent IHF rankings - do you forsee the tournament capturing the imagination of the local Qatari population?
gavstar00 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 02:03 PM   #586
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم
 
Alrayyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,828
Likes (Received): 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavstar00 View Post
Can I ask how big Handball is in Qatar? You appear to be ranked 36th in the world according to the most recent IHF rankings - do you forsee the tournament capturing the imagination of the local Qatari population?
Will respond to you in PM
__________________

فوقك سماوات العظيم، وتحتك رفات المخلصين
اكفخ بنبض ارواحنا، يدعم على مر السنين
Alrayyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #587
T74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 622
Likes (Received): 1

Crowd discussion is a massive red herring.

As someone previously said, the Asian Cup is currently a b grade football tournament, and one which most the world don't care about.

This won't change until the perception of the quality of football in Asia improves IMO.

Right now the priority for this event has to be making sure the thing runs well, and outside a few minor issues, Qatar has done a good job.

Crowds will come one day, but it will take time. Personally I think anyone who expected full houses in Qatar is kidding themselves. Likewise anyone who expects full houses in Australia is kidding themselves. The crowds will be better than Qatar, based upon Australians previous attendance for sporting events, but I don't think it will be by a massive amount.

people need some perspective, this is not the world cup we are talking about.
T74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #588
gavstar00
Registered User
 
gavstar00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: N/A
Posts: 371
Likes (Received): 133


No need Alrayyan, Conqnot was kind enough to open a thread dedicated to the 2015 IHF World Cup so I'll repost there - wouldn't want to get off topic in the 2011 Asian Cup thread!
gavstar00 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 02:27 PM   #589
gezza
Registered User
 
gezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 74
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqnot View Post
Rofl

I just can't wait for Australia 2015

Anyways, tommorow Uzbekistan & South Korea are competing over 3rd place, it's an important game, because the team that wins 3rd place will qualify automatically to the AFC in Australia 2015 without going through the qualifiers, along with 2nd place and the champion.
I have a feeling your predictions regarding Australia 2015 will be about as accurate and informed as your rants about the Uzbek v Aust game. Do actually do any research before you post? Maybe you should have a look at Australia's record of hosting international events?
__________________
02/12/2010 - The day that football sold its soul
gezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #590
Conqnot
Registered Abuser
 
Conqnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Amman, Jordan
Posts: 677
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gezza View Post
I have a feeling your predictions regarding Australia 2015 will be about as accurate and informed as your rants about the Uzbek v Aust game. Do actually do any research before you post? Maybe you should have a look at Australia's record of hosting international events?
Hopefully it will be a successful event, I do not wish any AFC cup to be a failure. The biggest loser if it was a failure is the AFC confederation, really.
Conqnot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #591
Wezza
©
 
Wezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Townsville
Posts: 8,861
Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
Crowd discussion is a massive red herring.

As someone previously said, the Asian Cup is currently a b grade football tournament, and one which most the world don't care about.

This won't change until the perception of the quality of football in Asia improves IMO.

Right now the priority for this event has to be making sure the thing runs well, and outside a few minor issues, Qatar has done a good job.

Crowds will come one day, but it will take time. Personally I think anyone who expected full houses in Qatar is kidding themselves. Likewise anyone who expects full houses in Australia is kidding themselves. The crowds will be better than Qatar, based upon Australians previous attendance for sporting events, but I don't think it will be by a massive amount.

people need some perspective, this is not the world cup we are talking about.
Agree completely. Anyone who thinks we'll get big crowds in Australia for the likes of Kuwait v North Korea etc etc is seriously deluded.
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #592
4de
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 21
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post

Right now the priority for this event has to be making sure the thing runs well, and outside a few minor issues, Qatar has done a good job.

Crowds will come one day, but it will take time. Personally I think anyone who expected full houses in Qatar is kidding themselves. Likewise anyone who expects full houses in Australia is kidding themselves. The crowds will be better than Qatar, based upon Australians previous attendance for sporting events, but I don't think it will be by a massive amount.

people need some perspective, this is not the world cup we are talking about.
yes. i agree with u, qatar has done a good job for host of Asian Cup but the spectator not crowded like world cup
4de no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 02:50 PM   #593
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم
 
Alrayyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,828
Likes (Received): 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
Agree completely. Anyone who thinks we'll get big crowds in Australia for the likes of Kuwait v North Korea etc etc is seriously deluded.
But the Aussies love the sport I know there will be attendance, but if thrown in a 80K stadium I have my doubts high.
__________________

فوقك سماوات العظيم، وتحتك رفات المخلصين
اكفخ بنبض ارواحنا، يدعم على مر السنين
Alrayyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #594
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
Agree completely. Anyone who thinks we'll get big crowds in Australia for the likes of Kuwait v North Korea etc etc is seriously deluded.
Why would they be deluded? a big crowd according to Qatar standards is like 7k (after forging the actual figure which is probably more like 3k including all security personnel, media crew and any other objects they can get into the ground), we've seen when Australia hosted the rugby world cup, even games with the likes of Georgia vs Uruguay got almost 30k to grounds. That is the difference between a sports mad nation and a pretender criminal such as Qatar.
MysteryMike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #595
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

Supporters sit in a nearly empty stadium before the AFC Asian Cup group B match between South Korea and India at Gharafa Stadium, in Doha, Qatar



http://uk.news.yahoo.com/19/20110118...01700714d.html

Last edited by MysteryMike; January 27th, 2011 at 04:54 PM.
MysteryMike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #596
Conqnot
Registered Abuser
 
Conqnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Amman, Jordan
Posts: 677
Likes (Received): 2

Choose the games you want, is that how it goes Mystery Mike?, how come you didn't post a picture of this

Conqnot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 05:33 PM   #597
gavstar00
Registered User
 
gavstar00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: N/A
Posts: 371
Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqnot View Post
Choose the games you want, is that how it goes Mystery Mike?, how come you didn't post a picture of this

Stones and glass houses come to mind Conqnot - your photo of the tournament is the exception not the rule as has been proven by the overall attendences detailed above
gavstar00 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:22 AM   #598
Ampelio
...is the art of space
 
Ampelio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Antapani City
Posts: 7,419
Likes (Received): 1576

Ok folks ...for awhile let all the world's eyes be focused on the Asian Cup Final Match on Saturday night between 'far east Asian team' Japan and 'fake Asian team' Australia

Really we're highly expecting the quality show of football with atmosphere of fully packed stadium this time....

...TO SAVE ASIAN FOOTBALL !!!
__________________
EVERYDAY URBANISM
Ampelio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:34 AM   #599
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

Considering Australia is the top ranked FIFA nation in Asia, then Japan and South Korea, it says a lot doesn't it then? I mean maybe West Asia should play with the Solomon Islands, American Samoa etc to get more practice and then face a South American opponent, where they will be hammered, time and time again, although Qatar with it's full team of stolen/bought South Americans, Africans etc may have a chance or should I say maybe make the score respectable.
MysteryMike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:39 AM   #600
Ampelio
...is the art of space
 
Ampelio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Antapani City
Posts: 7,419
Likes (Received): 1576

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
Considering Australia is the top ranked FIFA nation in Asia, then Japan and South Korea, it says a lot doesn't it then? I mean maybe West Asia should play with the Solomon Islands, American Samoa etc to get more practice and then face a South American opponent, where they will be hammered, time and time again, although Qatar with it's full team of stolen/bought South Americans, Africans etc may have a chance.
hahaha ...AFC should change the next tournament official name into: Aussie-an Cup
__________________
EVERYDAY URBANISM
Ampelio no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu