daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 28th, 2011, 01:42 AM   #601
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
Considering Australia is the top ranked FIFA nation in Asia, then Japan and South Korea, it says a lot doesn't it then? I mean maybe West Asia should play with the Solomon Islands, American Samoa etc to get more practice and then face a South American opponent, where they will be hammered, time and time again, although Qatar with it's full team of stolen/bought South Americans, Africans etc may have a chance or should I say maybe make the score respectable.
Only one problem comes with that buddy, West Asia's teams have won 9 AFC Cups, while East Asia's have only won 5, and Australia never won any AFC cup ever.
Conqnot no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:44 AM   #602
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampelio View Post
hahaha ...AFC should change the next tournament official name into: Aussie-an Cup
Australia will do the tournament well and give it respect unlike Qatar and finally the Asian Cup will have an event it deserves. Australia have already qualified for their own tournament event, unlike others as well.
MysteryMike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:48 AM   #603
Ampelio
...is the art of space

Likes (Received): 1576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqnot View Post
Only one problem comes with that buddy, West Asia's teams have won 9 AFC Cups, while East Asia's have only won 5, and Australia never won any AFC cup ever.
Yes... and still freshly remembered that the last AFC Asian Cup 2007 final contested two teams from West Asia: Iraq v Saudi Arabia

...this time I bet for Japan to win the cup for the 4 times, though it looks that Australia is a tougher team w/ their EPL and ex-EPL players

Last edited by Ampelio; January 28th, 2011 at 01:54 AM.
Ampelio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:49 AM   #604
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
lol, doesn't that include Israel? Australia's only played in 2 Asian Cups, not a bad record if you have a 50% success rate is it now? BTW just so you know, neither has Qatar, with all their stolen talent, bribery and all, how long has Qatar been in the AFC? How many times has Qatar participated in the Asian Cup? mmm how many have they won? We all know Iran is the only true team that can play in another zone and actually do well, because they have a proper team unlike Qatar.
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:56 AM   #605
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
lol, doesn't that include Israel? Australia's only played in 2 Asian Cups, not a bad record if you have a 50% success rate is it now? BTW just so you know, neither has Qatar, with all their stolen talent, bribery and all, how long has Qatar been in the AFC? How many times has Qatar participated in the Asian Cup? mmm how many have they won? We all know Iran is the only true team that can play in another zone and actually do well, because they have a proper team unlike Qatar.
Saudi Arabia - 3 AFC Cups
Iran - 3
Iraq - 1
Kuwait -1
Palestine/Israel - 1

That equals 9 championships for West Asia. and 5 for East Asia
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:57 AM   #606
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampelio View Post
Yes... and still freshly remembered that the last AFC Asian Cup 2007 final contested two teams from West Asia: Iraq v Saudi Arabia

...this time I bet for Japan to win the cup for the 4 times, though it looks that Australia is a tougher team w/ their EPL and ex-EPL players
Yep, I really can't wait for the game.
Old January 28th, 2011, 02:09 AM   #607
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Saudi Arabia - 3 AFC Cups
Iran - 3
Iraq - 1
Kuwait -1
Palestine/Israel - 1

That equals 9 championships for West Asia. and 5 for East Asia
I think it says Israel mmm and what a shame that most of those championships were played with 4 teams with the east asian powerhouses mia and Australia not even there, I mean it's called the strengthening of the confederation, it's pretty clear these days that maybe Israel should be called back into the confederation, New Zealand added and some others who have FIFA rankings of a 100+ taken out to play against the likes of American samoa
Old January 28th, 2011, 03:21 AM   #608
Melb_aviator

Likes (Received): 433

Mysterymike, you are taking bitterness to the next level.

Stop provoking others, as its becoming very very tiring, and just serves to continue a game of mud slinging between those on each side of the spectrum. Stop accusing Qatar of bribery in every bidding process too, as the IHF has nothing to do with this discussion, nor do you know anything about the selection criteria or requirements to win it.

I will just say this, to those who say that Australia is not an Asian nation, you are right in one sense, but in a footballing context, it is, as the AFC have accepted us into their organisation. Fake Asian team or not, its still the reality.
Melb_aviator está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 03:42 AM   #609
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melb_aviator View Post
I will just say this, to those who say that Australia is not an Asian nation, you are right in one sense, but in a footballing context, it is, as the AFC have accepted us into their organisation. Fake Asian team or not, its still the reality.
That and we have more Australians of Asian ethnicity than some competing nations have citizens.
Walbanger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 04:09 AM   #610
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walbanger View Post
That and we have more Australians of Asian ethnicity than some competing nations have citizens.
So true
_X_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 04:57 AM   #611
Ampelio
...is the art of space

Likes (Received): 1576

The final match venue from googleearth

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old January 28th, 2011, 10:35 AM   #612
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Mysterymike, you are taking bitterness to the next level.

Stop provoking others, as its becoming very very tiring, and just serves to continue a game of mud slinging between those on each side of the spectrum. Stop accusing Qatar of bribery in every bidding process too, as the IHF has nothing to do with this discussion, nor do you know anything about the selection criteria or requirements to win it.

Australia is an Asian nation when we are talking about football, they are part of the AFC confederation, noone can deny that, plus they're not that far from East Asia. Just like many Asian teams are part of the UEFA confederation such as: Turkey, Azerbaijan. Kazakhstan, Russia, Armenia, Cyprus.
Old January 28th, 2011, 02:59 PM   #613
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

And we will enrich the confederation for our presence
_X_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 03:25 PM   #614
invincibletiger

Likes (Received): 2768

Quote:
I think it says Israel mmm and what a shame that most of those championships were played with 4 teams with the east asian powerhouses mia and Australia not even there, I mean it's called the strengthening of the confederation, it's pretty clear these days that maybe Israel should be called back into the confederation, New Zealand added and some others who have FIFA rankings of a 100+ taken out to play against the likes of American samoa
Which East Asian powerhouse was not there? South Korea won the first two Asia Cup and was 3rd in the next (losing to Israel and India). Japan was not a football "powerhouse" at that time. And Australia? They were not even in AFC.
invincibletiger está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 05:40 PM   #615
n_pon88
wishing i was in bkk

Likes (Received): 13

i hate qatar and those middle eastern countries as much as the next guy for throwing money at everything but mysterymike you take it to the next level! i would say calm down but no need now. good game against korea japan
n_pon88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 06:31 PM   #616
Weebie

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Success is all relative I guess, depending on the definition.

I must say that this was more of an operational success than 2007, but the decision to play in 4 countries in that event was just plain madness. If Qatar can handle the event in 1 city, why 4 large countries were needed is beyond my thinking

Who knows what will happen in 11 years time. Thats now up to Qatar and FIFA to work out a solution to.
I think in eleven years tiem Qatar will be a ver y different place.
Weebie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 06:33 PM   #617
Weebie

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Except that all those matches will be seen by just 140,000 people.Unlike other World Cups where there is a ticket limit of 1 match per day and a maximum of 7 matches per person for the entire WC ,Qatars solution is to allow you to watch as many games as you want with 9 of the stadiums within 20kms.
Only one catch-you must have huge $ for all the 5 star accommodation,$20 beers and almost complete corporate takeover.The small pool of people means that far less beds need to be built
People like yourself that regularly see 19-22 matches per WC simply won't be able to afford it.People like me that see 10 matches will be flying in and out of the country a million times,if we can even bare the thought at all

Back on topic Qatar have tried every trick in the book re crowds-virtual seat giveaways($1.85 children all categories,$8 adults for the final),random seat colours at the stadium,busing thousands in from the labour camps,prize giveaways such as cars at the matches,one bay only for women so that the camera gives the perception that thousands of women are present,recorded crowd noise for atmosphere,oversized media areas to bring down official capacity,4 very small stadiums so that 6,000 does look so small

Really hope the final is a real sellout,as all tickets are apparently sold but will people turn up without a ME team competing-I doubt it.The cost of tickets is so low that people aren't really losing anything by not going.
Also note that in both Australia and Japan the match will be played after midnight------not good enough,should have been played 3 hours earlier for the massive population of East Asia
I think the world cup wil be different. The World cup will be so close to Europe and many cities in the US, Asia and Australia will be able to access to city Direct or through Emirates. The city itself will be much differnet compared to now.
Weebie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 10:54 PM   #618
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Uzbekistan 2:3 South Korea for 3rd place. Average game.

This means South Korea will automatically qualify to AFC 2011 without going through the qualifiers.

Attendance: 8,200

Game Goals:
Old January 28th, 2011, 10:59 PM   #619
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Likes (Received): 483

8000 attended a 3rd/4th place game ? good... Congrats for S.Korea for 3rd place, Hard luck Uzbekistan.

فوقك سماوات العظيم، وتحتك رفات المخلصين
اكفخ بنبض ارواحنا، يدعم على مر السنين
Alrayyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 11:01 PM   #620
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrayyan View Post
8000 attended a 3rd/4th place game ? good... Congrats for S.Korea for 3rd place, Hard luck Uzbekistan.
Yep, it was mostly Uzbekis.