daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 29th, 2011, 11:20 PM   #661
cornelinho

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post

Japan will present a real threat although they are our bitches
so we have seen
##################
##################

Romania
cornelinho no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2011, 11:56 PM   #662
hngcm

Likes (Received): 20

This is a shame if true

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...-Qatar-tickets

Yet Qatar thinks they can handle the WC
hngcm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 12:18 AM   #663
CiudadanoDelMundo
Ahí vamos pa´lante

Likes (Received): 3

I've always felt attracted to Australia, that country has always had a special aura for me, but lately in this thread...some australian forumer's behavior has been so weeping and lamentable that I'm considering to not read it again 'cause I do not want to loose respect to such a great country due to a couple of morons. Congrats to Japan and good luck to Australia next time, I'm sure you'll win it sooner than later. Bye.
Old January 30th, 2011, 01:09 AM   #664
pathfinder_2010

Likes (Received): 5

congrats to japan. a good 2010 and a great start to 2011 for the samurai.
they play in the copa america this summer in argentina as they have been invited to the tournament along with mexico.. no south american teams should take them lightly..
should be a good tournament
pathfinder_2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 01:14 AM   #665
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Sad to see japan win, but we had our chances and just couldn't capitalize.

Good thing though is the rivalry between these two teams is getting stronger, something this confederation really needs

And unlike the bickering vitriol aussie and mid east trolls have been spewing here, it's based upon mutual respect

Congrats japan, well done
T74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 02:36 AM   #666
swifty78

Likes (Received): 549

Well done Japan and better luck next time Australia, but runner up first time in the Asian Cup has to be a good thing and show that they mean business
swifty78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 02:47 AM   #667
vanbasten88

Likes (Received): 27

Look, I'm gutted. Congratulations Nippon!!

I honestly thought Australia were the better side over regular time, but you know, football is about taking your chances. Australia constantly created half-chances and at least 2 solid chances fell to Harry Kewell. Thanks to Australia's solid backline of Neill and Ognenovski Japan were more sporadic in their creation of chances, but they took their chance when it came and by God what a goal from Lee, Schwartzer had no hope in saving that.

Make no mistake, this was one of those 0-0 games that was totally engrossing, and I'm glad that it didn't go to penalties. Losing will make things more difficult in this country for the sport. I'm expecting a barrage of anti-soccer articles in the newspapers predicting the downfall of the sport with many online comments of the "who cares its only soccer!" variety.

Gutted, but shooting for revenge at home in 2015. Well done Japan and still proud of the mighty Socceroos in only their 2nd appearance in the Asian Cup!

It was a fantastic game to watch, I was on the edge of my seat the whole 120 minutes(except for the few seconds where I thought we'd scored! - was on my feet!)
So many big tournament finals you see teams sitting back(trying "not to lose" and not taking chances or "going for the win" but this game was like two heavyweight boxers laying into each other trying to land a good punch. We threw everything at the Samurai Blue, that they didn't buckle like Uzbekistan did is a major credit to them, they are a champion team!

The bottom line is Australia couldn't convert on any of its chances while Japan converted on one of their fewer chances. The Japanese goalie played out of his mind and he is clearly the MVP!

This will really give the Socceroos extra motivation for Asian Cup 2015 on their home turf!
vanbasten88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 02:49 AM   #668
vanbasten88

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
Sad to see japan win, but we had our chances and just couldn't capitalize.

Good thing though is the rivalry between these two teams is getting stronger, something this confederation really needs

And unlike the bickering vitriol aussie and mid east trolls have been spewing here, it's based upon mutual respect

Congrats japan, well done
this game, like the World Cup in 2006 and others will only serve to stoke the fire of the rivalry between our two nations. Bring it on I say, it should be great for Asian football in the long run!
vanbasten88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 02:56 AM   #669
ukiyo
スーパーモデレーターSuper Moderator

Likes (Received): 10396

Maybe Australians see Japan as a rival, but Japanese do not see Australia as a rival. I don't mean that in a way that Japanese don't see Australia as a soccer (football) threat because they do..but it's the same thing with Brazil. Japan's real rival, at least for japanese fans is South Korea. We are competitors in everything, from our companies, to baseball and soccer.
ukiyo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 04:35 AM   #670
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Maybe Australians see Japan as a rival, but Japanese do not see Australia as a rival. I don't mean that in a way that Japanese don't see Australia as a soccer (football) threat because they do..but it's the same thing with Brazil. Japan's real rival, at least for japanese fans is South Korea. We are competitors in everything, from our companies, to baseball and soccer.
I actually agree with this, but this was one of the probs with the AFC, too few serious competitors. It used to be Japan/Korea and in the west Saudi/Iran, and then the consistency would drop off a cliff.

Getting Australia involved, and several of the other countries stepping up (like Uzbekistan has) will make the confederation less predictable, more challenging, and hopefully better in quality.

One that needs to step up though is China. When they finally get a competitive team on the field the AFC will be a lot more interesting
T74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 04:49 AM   #671
stresss

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiudadanoDelMundo View Post
I've always felt attracted to Australia, that country has always had a special aura for me, but lately in this thread...some australian forumer's behavior has been so weeping and lamentable that I'm considering to not read it again 'cause I do not want to loose respect to such a great country due to a couple of morons. Congrats to Japan and good luck to Australia next time, I'm sure you'll win it sooner than later. Bye.
you hit the nail on the head.

no somos idiotas...no todos :P
stresss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 05:38 AM   #672
Weebie

Thousands of fans were turned away from the match last night despite having valid tickets including Australiasn who had travelled for the match. ****** disgraceful and world cup stripping material if true.
Weebie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 05:57 AM   #673
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

Congratulations to Japan!

Hard luck to Australia, I believe they were the best team on the night, we just failed to capitalise. Can't wait for 2015!

And the fact that in out only 2nd Asian Cup we made the final is impressive.
Solopop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 08:41 AM   #674
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebie View Post
Thousands of fans were turned away from the match last night despite having valid tickets including Australiasn who had travelled for the match. ****** disgraceful and world cup stripping material if true.
http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/co...-Qatar-tickets
_X_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 09:16 AM   #675
_X_

Well done to Japan,bad luck to our guys you deserved better

45 minutes the presentation took and people couldn't get out!!!!!Absolutely no respect for the Aussies who obviously just wanted to get off the pitch.Usually 10 minutes will see it done and dusted but the Shieks had to bask for as long as possible.Whats with waiting and watching MBH come onto the pitch for a few minutes

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/match...ralia-vs-Japan
"Just returned from the game in Doha after being literally padlocked inside the stadium after the organisers decided to lock us in to watch the fireworks, despite tens of thousands wanting to leave. The most ridiculous , not to mention unsafe, display of event management. This following the comically embarrassing decision to let people in without tickets and then lock the gates and turn away thousands of ticket holders after the stadium filled up with non ticketed people."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football...-1225996820907

"Bad luck guys were still proud. We are an Aussie expat family living here in Qatar, the biggest dissapointment for us was not getting into the ground to see you play. We have had valid tickets for months, but as were thousands of other ticket holders, we were locked out 20 minutes before kick off. I estimate 3-5,000 ticket holders were locked out. We are doubly dissapointed, and to think we lost the opportunity to host 2022 to Qatar as well. I just hope nobody travelled all the way from Australia or Japan just for the final, to find that they couldn't get in, even with a valid ticket. I don't expect a refund either."
Old January 30th, 2011, 09:53 AM   #676
Weebie

Trying to optimise TV. Letting in qataris whilst not letting in foriengers with valid tickets is not a good look.

Glad I didn't go to the tournament.
Weebie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #677
simpliCITY
here and there

Likes (Received): 1095

Quote:
Went to watch the final match, but despite having tickets we were blocked to enter the stadium. There were thousands of men & women standing outside with valid tickets(including VIP tickets). some guys I met said they came from other countries only for Final. People says that there were a free entry to stadium between 2.30pm and 3.30pm. ( Match started at 6.00pm) in that time most of the seats got filled with people without tickets. (I personally know guys watched the match without any valid tickets) - And told that it is because the organizers were afraid of the poor crowds of previous matches.
simpliCITY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 10:03 AM   #678
simpliCITY
here and there

Likes (Received): 1095

Quote:
Trying to optimise TV. Letting in qataris whilst not letting in foriengers with valid tickets is not a good look.

Glad I didn't go to the tournament.
It always happen with Emir cup and other local tournaments (only qataris were let in) But didn't see yesterday. Qataris were also strained outside(very few though)
simpliCITY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 10:17 AM   #679
hngcm

Likes (Received): 20

Take away Qatar's WC for this shameful display of an Asian Cup.
hngcm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #680
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpliCITY View Post
Went to watch the final match, but despite having tickets we were blocked to enter the stadium. There were thousands of men & women standing outside with valid tickets(including VIP tickets). some guys I met said they came from other countries only for Final. People says that there were a free entry to stadium between 2.30pm and 3.30pm. ( Match started at 6.00pm) in that time most of the seats got filled with people without tickets. (I personally know guys watched the match without any valid tickets) - And told that it is because the organizers were afraid of the poor crowds of previous matches.

It all gets back to basics
With a very small local population of Qatari citizens (generally agreed at between 180,000 and 300,000)that aren't that football passionate,the pressure is unbearable before you even start to sell tickets.
Solution-make them almost free and have all matches within 20km's allowing a small pool to go to all the matches.
When that backfire's because people have paid virtually zero for them and no ME teams are left,the tickets become worthless as people decide NOT to go.

New solution-re-sell existing tickets and let people in for free 2 hours before ticketholders with a vested interest(i.e those that travelled thousands of km's especially for that match to watch their NT)arrive to present their contracted tickets which would be a cast iron guarantee to get in anywhere else in the world
Its an absolutely disgraceful solution ,just to save face