daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 30th, 2011, 11:37 AM   #681
gezza

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqnot View Post
Lol...sorry pal, we're not like you.

Congratz to Japan and hard luck to Australia.
Actually I was making reference to you, pal.

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2011, 12:55 PM   #682
carnifex2005

Likes (Received): 1325

A jumped up 3rd world country screws up at organizing a semi-major event? I'm shocked!
carnifex2005 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 01:01 PM   #683
japanese001

Likes (Received): 707

Asia and Australia learned from each other.
Australia became the Asian member.
The U-turn is not possible.

by monKI Small Japan

Last edited by japanese001; January 30th, 2011 at 01:42 PM.
japanese001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #684
Rev Stickleback

Likes (Received): 1925

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Maybe Australians see Japan as a rival, but Japanese do not see Australia as a rival. I don't mean that in a way that Japanese don't see Australia as a soccer (football) threat because they do..but it's the same thing with Brazil. Japan's real rival, at least for japanese fans is South Korea. We are competitors in everything, from our companies, to baseball and soccer.
I was in Australia when Australia played Japan in the world cup qualifiers a couple of years ago. A large sports bar in Adelaide was filled with fans of Australia as well as people I'd assumed were Japanese. It turns out they were South Korean immigrants wanting to see Japan lose.
Rev Stickleback no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #685
Melb_aviator

Likes (Received): 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
A jumped up 3rd world country screws up at organizing a semi-major event? I'm shocked!
That is alittle harsh.

In the end, each event is a learning curve, even to the most experienced countries. This is just another for Qatar to learn off leading up to 2022, but overall I think they did a good job at organising the event, other than this big blemish at the end.
Melb_aviator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 02:15 PM   #686
coldstar
Tears of Buddha

Likes (Received): 6

Top of Asia! , 23 days of SAMURAI BLUE! in Qatar

Old January 30th, 2011, 02:17 PM   #687
RobH

Likes (Received): 10343

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melb_aviator View Post
That is alittle harsh.

In the end, each event is a learning curve, even to the most experienced countries. This is just another for Qatar to learn off leading up to 2022, but overall I think they did a good job at organising the event, other than this big blemish at the end.
The eyes of the world are on them now. Every failure will be magnified greatly. But, on the flipside, so will every success.
RobH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 02:28 PM   #688
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Congratulations Japan. Whilst I was gutted to see the ball hit the back of the net, I was still very happy at the progress the Australian side made in the tournament. We actually started to look like a side who could still play a bit of possession football at times. Something that has been severely lacking since 2007. On another day, the result perhaps may have been different, our boys just couldn't take their chances. That volley for the goal was pretty sweetly struck I must admit.... (As much as I hated seeing it!) Cracking match though, ebbed & flowed the whole way through... A fitting final!
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #689
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Likes (Received): 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
The eyes of the world are on them now. Every failure will be magnified greatly. But, on the flipside, so will every success.
The problem is people here are still not used to how football operates in Europe, they were warned many times before:
Buy tickets early
Be at the stadium an hour before the match (Stadium gates close before kickoff time)

I followed the steps above which equals havoc-free smooth Asian Cup Finale.

So ticket holders have not arrived, their loss as there are hundreds at the gates that "want in", so a quick solution to this problem right before kickoff closure, allow everyone in sight entry to the stadium.

Obviously we weren't allowed to leave the stadium for SAFETY reasons as fireworks were launched from all sides of the stadium. (It was only for 15 minutes)

On the other hand, FIFA's Blatter and AFC's Bin Hammam are sitting in VVIP red-velvet thrones in the stadium watching a great finale.

فوقك سماوات العظيم، وتحتك رفات المخلصين
اكفخ بنبض ارواحنا، يدعم على مر السنين
Alrayyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #690
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrayyan View Post
The problem is people here are still not used to how football operates in Europe, they were warned many times before:
Buy tickets early
Be at the stadium an hour before the match (Stadium gates close before kickoff time)

So ticket holders have not arrived, their loss as there are hundreds at the gates that "want in", so a quick solution to this problem right before kickoff closure, allow everyone in sight entry to the stadium.

Obviously we weren't allowed to leave the stadium for SAFETY reasons as fireworks were launched from all sides of the stadium. (It was only for 15 minutes)

On the other hand, FIFA's Blatter and AFC's Bin Hammam are sitting in VVIP red-velvet thrones in the stadium watching a great finale.
You're joking 333.These people were let in at 3pm.There we're 10,000 ticket holders that missed out because organisers were so paranoid they invented a brand new ticketing scheme which would never happen anywhere else in the world just to save face.
The local organising committee had a contract with every ticket holder to supply a reserved seat-that was dishonoured
_X_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #691
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
You're joking 333.These people were let in at 3pm.There we're 10,000 ticket holders that missed out because organisers were so paranoid they invented a brand new ticketing scheme which would never happen anywhere else in the world just to save face.
The local organising committee had a contract with every ticket holder to supply a reserved seat-that was dishonoured
yeah right, only about 700 had tickets that were refused entry.
3 PM ? hardly, Me and my friends were some of the first spectators that entered the stadium and that was just before 4PM.

Match attendance 37K.

Old January 30th, 2011, 03:18 PM   #692
simpliCITY
here and there

Likes (Received): 1095

Quote:
Buy tickets early

Sir, I was personally there at 5.30 with my family. And we saw thousands of people already standing in a queue on hope to get in. And before I headed for the stadia I checked all the Asian cup website to find if there is any rule or exact timing about gate open/close But I find nothing.
IT IS TRUE THAT THERE WAS FREE ENTRY IN THE FEAR OF EMPTY SEATS
thousands of people have such experiance. check here , here & here

You are just copy pasting official PR newsletter from AFC.
simpliCITY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 03:21 PM   #693
_X_

Quote:
3 PM ? hardly, Me and my friends were some of the first spectators that entered the stadium and that was just before 4PM.

Match attendance 37K.
Your contempt for 700 ticket holders is incredible.It wouldn't happen anywhere else.
Anyway it was 10,000
I'd prefer to believe the reports that I've read

Why would anyone risk going to 2022 when you can't trust the official tickets you have purchased??
Old January 30th, 2011, 03:26 PM   #694
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Your contempt for 700 ticket holders is incredible.It wouldn't happen anywhere else.
Anyway it was 10,000
I'd prefer to believe the reports that I've read

Why would anyone risk going to 2022 when you can't trust the official tickets you have purchased??
As an attendee I know better than crappy unrealistic online reports that enlarge and magnify every small issue into a disaster.

Oh please If you don't want to come then don't, your not welcome here. We aren't begging for you to be here.

Old January 30th, 2011, 03:35 PM   #695
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpliCITY View Post
Sir, I was personally there at 5.30 with my family. And we saw thousands of people already standing in a queue on hope to get in. And before I headed for the stadia I checked all the Asian cup website to find if there is any rule or exact timing about gate open/close But I find nothing.
IT IS TRUE THAT THERE WAS FREE ENTRY IN THE FEAR OF EMPTY SEATS
thousands of people have such experiance. check here , here & here

You are just copy pasting official PR newsletter from AFC.
Sir, I was personally there at 5AM with my friends. And a few thousand people were heading into the stadium towards the gates with tickets (already passing the security clearance area), Due to previous experience of important football matches, I know that opening and final USUALLY has gates closed 1 hour before kickoff/ceremony. (Not on the website because its part of the Local organizing committee not the AFC organizers.)

Yes they allowed people without tickets entry because ticket holders weren't present early enough, thus they needed to guarantee attendance, and there were hundreds of people without tickets on site, so satisfy them by letting them in and teach ticket holders a lesson regarding tournaments and important events.

You were there at 5:30, just before kickoff time, meaning the gates will close. (I hope you have realised that you needed to be early)

I think the only person found guilty of this would be the ticket holders for not coming early.

Old January 30th, 2011, 03:40 PM   #696
simpliCITY
here and there

Quote:
Sir, I was personally there at 5AM with my friends. And a few thousand people were heading into the stadium towards the gates with tickets (already passing the security clearance area), Due to previous experience of important football matches, I know that opening and final USUALLY has gates closed 1 hour before kickoff/ceremony. (Not on the website because its part of the Local organizing committee not the AFC organizers.)

Yes they allowed people without tickets entry because ticket holders weren't present early enough, thus they needed to guarantee attendance, and there were hundreds of people without tickets on site, so satisfy them by letting them in and teach ticket holders a lesson regarding tournaments and important events.

You were there at 5:30, just before kickoff time, meaning the gates will close. (I hope you have realised that you needed to be early)

I think the only person found guilty of this would be the ticket holders for not coming early.
Old January 30th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #697
_X_

I can provide hundreds of accounts if you like.
I think all the video's as they start to get uploaded will further prove what happened

Lets start with this,

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-546503
Thousands of ticket holders refused entrance to Asian Cup finals

Thousands of ticket holders to the Asian Cup final in Doha, Qatar are refused entrance to the game as duplicate tickets were produced and people without tickets were allowed in. Thousands of people were let in without tickets to secure a "sold out " game due to poor attendance in prior Asian Cup games.
There was mass confusion and thousands of angry people who flew into the country specifically for the game. These people purchased tickets weeks and months ago.
The organization refused to refund the money to ticket holders.
Also, there was a stampede like environment while trying to get in. They had lines for men and separate lines for families and women. Because of this, there was continual pushing, shoving and chaos. Children were getting pushed down and women pushed aside because no one knew what line to stand in and being told to go to another line and gate which were also shuttered.
There is no possible way the World Cup could be played in Qatar with these circumstances. FIFA needs to look carefully at this situation.
Old January 30th, 2011, 03:46 PM   #698
simpliCITY
here and there

Quote:

Match attendance 37K.
Sorry to say, but your above post is enough for me to not believe in your any comments and posts about Qatar 2022 or Asian Cup. You are making fun of all those men , women and children who felt so damn stupid about themselves last night.
Old January 30th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #699
_X_

Ticket problems disappoint fans
Thousands of football fans were disappointed at being prevented from entering to watch the Asian Cup final between Japan and Australia at Khalifa Stadium last night despite having purchased tickets prior to the game.
Ticket-holders expressed their disbelief at the situation and made clear their anger at officials who claimed that “it is full inside”.
Fans could not contain themselves as they could view spare seats from outside the stadium.
“We were some of the first to arrive when the gates were shut -- no-one had a clue what was going on,” said one angry British fan, “it was utter chaos and I feel really sorry
for the Australian and Japanese families trying to get in as this is one of the biggest games they would ever get to see their teams play
in.”
“That was horrendous,” said another fan.
Fans clad in Australian and Japanese shirts and flags waved their tickets in frustration, visibly upset at being turned away despite arriving more than half an hour before the kickoff.
“If you arrive with plenty of time before the match, you expect to be allowed in,” said one Australian fan, “I was really looking forward to watching this game live, and now I am really angry.”

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topic...7&parent_id=56
Old January 30th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #700
_X_

Quote:

You have NO RIGHT to teach anyone a lesson when they have paid for the privilege of seeing their country play on the other side of the planet.You also have no right to do it to the locals