daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 30th, 2011, 04:11 PM   #701
RobH

Likes (Received): 10341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrayyan View Post
Sir, I was personally there at 5AM with my friends. And a few thousand people were heading into the stadium towards the gates with tickets (already passing the security clearance area), Due to previous experience of important football matches, I know that opening and final USUALLY has gates closed 1 hour before kickoff/ceremony. (Not on the website because its part of the Local organizing committee not the AFC organizers.)

Yes they allowed people without tickets entry because ticket holders weren't present early enough, thus they needed to guarantee attendance, and there were hundreds of people without tickets on site, so satisfy them by letting them in and teach ticket holders a lesson regarding tournaments and important events.

You were there at 5:30, just before kickoff time, meaning the gates will close. (I hope you have realised that you needed to be early)

I think the only person found guilty of this would be the ticket holders for not coming early.
Rubbish. If it was only a few ticket holders you might be right. But it sounds like hundreds if not thousands were locked out.

If this early closing of the turnstilies is indeed normal for continental/world finals as you claim, one has to wonder why we didn't hear similar stories at the Euros or at the World Cup.

It seems to me there are three possilbities

1. It's not normal for the gates to close this early.
2. It wasn't made clear enough to ticket holders what time the gates were shut.
3. Australian and Japanese fans are less capable than the Dutch and Spanish when it comes to reading simple instructions.

Option 3 is obviously not the case. Therefore it's the organising committee's fault for either closing the gates far too early, or not making it clear enough to those with tickets when they should be there.

It's a leanring curve for Qatar, and they've a good 10 years to sort through problems like this. And unless FIFA and MATCH get their grubby mits overly involved, I'm sure things will be smoother for the big one in 2022.
RobH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2011, 04:19 PM   #702
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

As a ticketholder I exclusively own this until the match is over

If I don't turn up it remains vacant
_X_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #703
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Likes (Received): 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpliCITY View Post
Sorry to say, but your above post is enough for me to not believe in your any comments and posts about Qatar 2022 or Asian Cup. You are making fun of all those men , women and children who felt so damn stupid about themselves last night.
Jee, I wonder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Rubbish. If it was only a few ticket holders you might be right. But it sounds like hundreds if not thousands were locked out.

If this early closing of the turnstilies is indeed normal for continental/world finals as you claim, one has to wonder why we didn't hear similar stories at the Euros or at the World Cup.

It seems to me there are three possilbities

1. It's not normal for the gates to close this early.
2. It wasn't made clear enough to ticket holders what time the gates were shut.
3. Australian and Japanese fans are less capable than the Dutch and Spanish when it comes to reading simple instructions.

Option 3 is obviously not the case. Therefore it's the organising committee's fault for either closing the gates far too early, or not making it clear enough to those with tickets when they should be there.

It's a leanring curve for Qatar, and they've a good 10 years to sort through problems like this. And unless FIFA and MATCH get their grubby mits overly involved, I'm sure things will be smoother for the big one in 2022.

فوقك سماوات العظيم، وتحتك رفات المخلصين
اكفخ بنبض ارواحنا، يدعم على مر السنين
Alrayyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #704
Weebie

Likes (Received): 5

3rd world Arab stupidity on display. There are reasons why Dubai has the business prestige and is the Arab jewell in the crown. This is one them!
Weebie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 04:36 PM   #705
Weebie

Likes (Received): 5

I bought 4 tickets for the Final but didn't go I currently don't have the money. Had I had gone I may of missed the final so I'm glad I didn't Anyway no where on the tickets does it say that I arrive early at a set time. I went to the Closing Ceremony at Beijing and for that I was clearly advised for picking up the ceremony tickets in a different area that I had to arrive at a certain time. Even if I arrived late though I still would of got in!
Weebie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #706
simpliCITY
here and there

Likes (Received): 1095

Doha residents complains

Doha residents complains
simpliCITY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 08:34 PM   #707
cornelinho

Likes (Received): 0

in other cup subject... can somebody post pictures from the final ?
##################
##################

Romania
cornelinho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 08:51 PM   #708
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelinho View Post
in other cup subject... can somebody post pictures from the final ?
I sent you a link to an album that is full of them. Cuz I don't know if we are allowed to post links here.
Conqnot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #709
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqnot View Post
I sent you a link to an album that is full of them. Cuz I don't know if we are allowed to post links here.
We are
Old January 30th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #710
Conqnot
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
We are
Ok then, here it is http://kooora.com/default.aspx?m=634090&album=true&pg=1
Conqnot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 10:58 PM   #711
hngcm

Likes (Received): 20

Posters defending Qatar remind me of Baghdad Bob

"Nope no problems here, there weren't 10,000 ticket holding fans standing outside of the stadium. All those reports are false!"
hngcm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 11:16 PM   #712
Alx-D
Arch Duke of Canada

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Sir, I was personally there at 5AM with my friends. And a few thousand people were heading into the stadium towards the gates with tickets (already passing the security clearance area), Due to previous experience of important football matches, I know that opening and final USUALLY has gates closed 1 hour before kickoff/ceremony. (Not on the website because its part of the Local organizing committee not the AFC organizers.)

Yes they allowed people without tickets entry because ticket holders weren't present early enough, thus they needed to guarantee attendance, and there were hundreds of people without tickets on site, so satisfy them by letting them in and teach ticket holders a lesson regarding tournaments and important events.

You were there at 5:30, just before kickoff time, meaning the gates will close. (I hope you have realised that you needed to be early)

I think the only person found guilty of this would be the ticket holders for not coming early.
Are you for real? This is the dumbest thing I have ever read. Like others have mentioned, If you purchase a ticket for a seat, that is your seat no matter if you show up early, on time, late, or not at all. YOU CAN'T SELL THE SAME THING TO 2 PEOPLE!

Qatar, get your shit together.
Alx-D no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 01:53 AM   #713
love-qatar

Likes (Received): 562

the game is done
and the asain cup 2011 is finish

Thank you very much Qatar it was grate
congertulation to Japan

so lets stop all the issues, and i ask to close this thery
Thank you
Old January 31st, 2011, 06:26 AM   #714
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alx-D View Post
Are you for real? This is the dumbest thing I have ever read. Like others have mentioned, If you purchase a ticket for a seat, that is your seat no matter if you show up early, on time, late, or not at all. YOU CAN'T SELL THE SAME THING TO 2 PEOPLE!

Qatar, get your shit together.
Its against the law
It doesn't happen anywhere else in the world.
Whats worse though,is those that wanted to leave were locked in.This is one of the most dangerous things I've ever heard of regarding crowd control.

People with valid tickets that travelled across the globe climbing the fence to get in and getting arrested
People from across the globe ,climbing the fence to get out and catch a plane
People from across the globe that had valid tickets and couldn't get in
At least half the stadium were Indians on free tickets

10,000 people

And you thought no one would notice!
Old January 31st, 2011, 06:39 AM   #715
_X_

Concrete evidence of the thousands of legitimate ticket holders that were wrongly stopped from entering the stadium
Old January 31st, 2011, 06:40 AM   #716
_X_

Old January 31st, 2011, 06:46 AM   #717
_X_

Jumping the fence in desperation to get in
Riot police,the works.These people have done nothing wrong except go to Qatar

Last edited by _X_; January 31st, 2011 at 07:21 AM.
Old January 31st, 2011, 09:01 AM   #718
vanbasten88

Likes (Received): 27

I shall wait patiently for some Qatar Apologist(QA) to brand _X_ either a racist or a sheeple "for believing the media lies" as the QA itself peddles the Qatar propaganda that covers up the clear fact that they couldn't organise a chook raffle!! let alone understand that when you buy a ticket to an event, you buy the rights to a seat and if you want to be a d1ck and turn up 5 minutes after kick-off, then you should bloody well be allowed to. Glad someone got the footage out, I'm hearing the Police confiscated and destroyed as many camera's as they could get their batons on! Basically Qatar f**ked up and now they've been shown to be rank amateurs, Lord help the fans of the World in 2022 I considered shelling out A$2,500 to go to the game but coudn't get the flights I needed to be back at work by Monday morning. If I'd gone and this happened, I still wouldn't be back in Australia, I'd have gone off my 'nana and probably ended up in goal there(then been accused of showing a lack of respect for local laws/sensibilities or some garbage peddled out to make me out to be the bad guy) Idiots. Another reason to re-consider being a tourist in Qatar in 2022. Qatar sucks, FIFA sucks, if you disagree, then you suck too!

Last edited by vanbasten88; January 31st, 2011 at 09:20 AM.
vanbasten88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 09:46 AM   #719
_X_

This has been brought to my attention and knowing the bloke I absolutely believe it

Part of another fan's experience (friend who flew in frm Dubai just for the day) at final:

"Felt so sorry for people last night who bought tickets and travelled to the game as lots and lots didn’t get into the ground. In typical Qatari fashion they bussed in Sub continental labourers from the labour camps and then opened the stadium up for a free for all. So at 10-15min before the game started those with tickets were turned away. I don’t know how they got their attendance total as no machine was counting as we walked in. We travelled back to dubai with a couple this morning who had to stand and watch the game on TV in the shopping centre next to the stadium. They were so annoyed. We were lucky, as by chance our friend had had a knee reconstruction and an organiser took pity on her and let us in a back gate. We never got our seats though and almost got crushed attempting to find a seat as labourers pushed their way through. Food was thrown from the canteens to the masses like animals at the zoo, as the Sub continent gents scrambled for a feed. A friend told me his mate was in charge of going to the labour camps and giving labourers $A8 for wearing a thobe (dishdash) at the opening ceremony so that it looked like it was full of locals. Being gobsmacked at 2022 host announcement still rings true. I guess that’s what happens when you live and know a place."
Old January 31st, 2011, 01:38 PM   #720
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Fans locked out of Asian Cup final could get refund

Asian Cup organisers are considering giving a refund to the 700 or so supporters who were locked out of the final despite holding valid tickets because of a heavy security presence.
Fans were still complaining at halftime that they could not enter the Khalifa Stadium on Saturday where the gates were locked 55 minutes before kickoff as part of security measures.
The Qatari Local Organising Committee (QLOC) said yesterday that around 3,000 supporters had been outside the ground before kickoff but only around 700 of them held valid tickets for the final in which Japan beat Australia 1-0 in extra time.
When asked if refunds would be given, QLOC director Jassim al-Romaihi told reporters yesterday: “We will consider that.
“I think they can go to our website and they can protest regarding this, we will discuss this issue also with AFC.
“We were urging everybody to come early to the match, people still continued to come late. Most of the people came with no ticket in their hands, they wanted to enter the stadiums but we did not allow this. Because allowing them into the stadium without a ticket would cause problems.”
Al-Romaihi said they had done everything they could with the security.
“In general I am very happy with what we have done. There are some issues that have been raised and we will consider it as we have a lot of events coming up like the (2022) World Cup.
“We want to have good feedback from everybody who is going to leave the country which is very important for us.”
Meanwhile, Japan has praised Italian coach Alberto Zaccheroni, saying his shrewd and timely use of squad players helped the Blue Samurai lift a record fourth Asian Cup.
Hundreds of fans celebrated in the streets of Tokyo’s all-night hub Shibuya after extra-time substitute Tadanari Lee scored a 109th-minute goal, powering Japan to a 1-0 win over Australia in the final in Doha. Reuters