daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 31st, 2011, 02:32 PM   #721
gavstar00

Likes (Received): 133

Whether it was 700 or 7,000 it doesn't excuse the fact it was poorly organised and, in word, disgraceful that people with tickets were refused entry so Qatar could save face.

There's no other way to defend it - football fans by their nature will have a few beers and turn up with 10 mins to go before kick off whether they been Australian, Brazilian, English, Irish etc. If the officials attempt this at the World Cup there will be full scale riots outside I would imagine
gavstar00 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2011, 02:33 PM   #722
aaronaugi1

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrayyan View Post
Yes they allowed people without tickets entry because ticket holders weren't present early enough, thus they needed to guarantee attendance, and there were hundreds of people without tickets on site, so satisfy them by letting them in and teach ticket holders a lesson regarding tournaments and important events.
This is illegal under several tiers of contract law upheld in almost every developed nation, including Qatar.

I think the fact they have refunded all the tickets is a pretty good indicating that the organisers messed up and committed an illegal act.

If this is the attitude of Qatari organisers, it certainly diminishes any endevour I may have had to attend the 2022 World Cup (not that I'd want to endure the heat, draconian laws and logistical nightmare anyway).
aaronaugi1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 06:23 PM   #723
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Definitely closer to 10k from everything I know
00001 is already too many people let alone thousands

Children bused in in their thousands for the Aus v Uzbek match as well,and you could hear that in the crowd noise
_X_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 06:37 PM   #724
metros11

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:

I think the only person found guilty of this would be the ticket holders for not coming early.
Dumbest thing I've read so far in this thread.
metros11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 06:53 PM   #725
metros11

Quote:
Fans locked out of Asian Cup final could get refund

Asian Cup organisers are considering giving a refund to the 700 or so supporters who were locked out of the final despite holding valid tickets because of a heavy security presence.
Fans were still complaining at halftime that they could not enter the Khalifa Stadium on Saturday where the gates were locked 55 minutes before kickoff as part of security measures.
The Qatari Local Organising Committee (QLOC) said yesterday that around 3,000 supporters had been outside the ground before kickoff but only around 700 of them held valid tickets for the final in which Japan beat Australia 1-0 in extra time.
When asked if refunds would be given, QLOC director Jassim al-Romaihi told reporters yesterday: “We will consider that.
“I think they can go to our website and they can protest regarding this, we will discuss this issue also with AFC.
“We were urging everybody to come early to the match, people still continued to come late. Most of the people came with no ticket in their hands, they wanted to enter the stadiums but we did not allow this. Because allowing them into the stadium without a ticket would cause problems.”
Al-Romaihi said they had done everything they could with the security.
“In general I am very happy with what we have done. There are some issues that have been raised and we will consider it as we have a lot of events coming up like the (2022) World Cup.
“We want to have good feedback from everybody who is going to leave the country which is very important for us.”
Meanwhile, Japan has praised Italian coach Alberto Zaccheroni, saying his shrewd and timely use of squad players helped the Blue Samurai lift a record fourth Asian Cup.
Hundreds of fans celebrated in the streets of Tokyo’s all-night hub Shibuya after extra-time substitute Tadanari Lee scored a 109th-minute goal, powering Japan to a 1-0 win over Australia in the final in Doha. Reuters
'Could' and 'consider' doesn't mean it's actually going to happen. And if they do, will they also offer to refund the money people spent on transportation and hotels? Didn't think so.
metros11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 08:45 PM   #726
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Likes (Received): 483

Tsamina mina, eh eh Waka Waka eh eh, Tsamina mina Zangalewa, Its time for Australia !!! We definitely need numerous songs for the Australian tournament

(on similar lines to its for Africa )
Alrayyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 10:19 PM   #727
vanbasten88

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Tsamina mina, eh eh Waka Waka eh eh, Tsamina mina Zangalewa, Its time for Australia !!! We definitely need numerous songs for the Australian tournament

(on similar lines to its for Africa )
Well I'm sure the slogan "come to Australia 2015, we uphold contract laws and IF you have a valid match ticket, you WILL get in to the stadium" although it probably wouldn't go down to well in AFC HQ, considering the big boss is a Qatari
vanbasten88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 02:52 AM   #728
_X_

Everyone knows from the videos that the figure was 10,000 at least
This is how desperate the Qatari's are.
This guy continues to have his youtubes videos removed but thankfully keeps uploading

Last edited by _X_; February 1st, 2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old February 1st, 2011, 03:50 AM   #729
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

Wow that's just disguisting.
Solopop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 03:53 AM   #730
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

Likes (Received): 4861

You got me tired _X_!. Stop attacking the Qataris.
The lost of the 2022 WC bid really affect you.
Get over it!.

CONO SUR
CHILE - ARGENTINA - URUGUAY
Bolsilludo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 05:53 AM   #731
Trelawny
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolsilludo View Post
Get over it!.
+100
Trelawny no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 06:06 AM   #732
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6446

When as bigger stuff up happens as what did, expect criticism. Irrespective of where and who it comes from.
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 08:32 AM   #733
aaronaugi1

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Get over it!.
They have monumentally stuffed up; this isn't a small issue. I don't think this has anything to do with loosing 2022.
aaronaugi1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 10:22 AM   #734
Weebie

Yeah exactly...they f!cked up big time and they deserve the criticism.
Weebie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 10:57 AM   #735
gavstar00

Likes (Received): 133

They were hosting a major international sporting tournament, a fact they went to pains to point out when they were bidding for the World Cup. The overall tournament would appear to be extremely poorly thought out in terms of ticketing arrangements etc. The organisers came in for criticism, made a half assed attempt to correct the issue of low attendences (not ticket sales - attendances) by allowing anyone in with the result that people who had tickets could not get in.
Its a total sham for a country that genuinely believes it is capable of hosting such a tournament. Qatar needs to wake up and acknowledge the fact there were serious issues in their handling of the Asian Cup and they need to learn from it going forward for any future events they hope to host. And to anyone saying it's anti-Qatar bias - it's not, its pure fact. It's not Aussies with a chip on their shoulders - its pure fact.
gavstar00 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 11:21 AM   #736
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Everyone knows from the videos that the figure was 10,000 at least
This is how desperate the Qatari's are.
This guy continues to have his youtubes videos removed but thankfully keeps uploading

Since part 3 was removed off youtube again by the Qatari's here it the latest as its replacement

Old February 1st, 2011, 12:18 PM   #737
simpliCITY
here and there

Likes (Received): 1095

Quote:
Get over it!.
Hi I am an expat living in Qatar for last 5years. I was there in the corniche to celebrate Qatar's successful bid in last December. And I don't care what _X_ talking about Qatar 2022. This thread is for Asian Cup 2011. And the organizers did injustice to us on final day. we need to criticize it. I support all the fight against this injustice and stupidity from the organizers.
simpliCITY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 12:42 PM   #738
Ampelio
...is the art of space

Likes (Received): 1576

Quote:
Sir, I was personally there at 5AM with my friends. And a few thousand people were heading into the stadium towards the gates with tickets (already passing the security clearance area), Due to previous experience of important football matches, I know that opening and final USUALLY has gates closed 1 hour before kickoff/ceremony. (Not on the website because its part of the Local organizing committee not the AFC organizers.)

Yes they allowed people without tickets entry because ticket holders weren't present early enough, thus they needed to guarantee attendance, and there were hundreds of people without tickets on site, so satisfy them by letting them in and teach ticket holders a lesson regarding tournaments and important events.

You were there at 5:30, just before kickoff time, meaning the gates will close. (I hope you have realised that you needed to be early)

I think the only person found guilty of this would be the ticket holders for not coming early.
Nope, The organizers are the ones who should take the lesson.
So embarrassing....

Just be civilized because its possible to accumulate wealth in hours but great civilizations would never be achieved in one night!

Last edited by Ampelio; February 1st, 2011 at 12:55 PM.
Ampelio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 02:00 PM   #739
Weebie

Looks like this 3rd world country has got a lot to learn. I'll be there in 2022.
Weebie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 02:04 PM   #740
stresss

Likes (Received): 13

thats absolutely ridiculous!!! how can you suggest that people who have paid their hard earned money to support the tournament and support football should 'learn to get there earlier'???

its purely the organiser's fault, they've given more ammo for all the haters, it seems ridiculous that they somehow find themselves in the mental state that they deem it necessary to let in people who dont have tickets when they've already sold tickets for those seats. if anything its an insult to people who bought the tickets who paid their hard earned money to get those tickets by not trusting them to turn up and giving randoms their seats.
stresss no está en línea   Reply With Quote