daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 24th, 2010, 12:48 AM   #81
salman515
Smile :)

Likes (Received): 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post

I wouldn't mind watching the video expect that AUSworldcuphosts2022 isn't really a user that I would trust.

I could make a video just like it for Australia, the problem is, the A league has about 3 Videos in youtube. I Guess soccer isnt really that important in there ?

sadly, the Qatari team did its worst this year.

about the crowd, this photo is taken for the A league

taken from here

Last edited by salman515; December 24th, 2010 at 01:57 AM.
salman515 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2010, 02:49 AM   #82
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by salman515 View Post
I wouldn't mind watching the video expect that AUSworldcuphosts2022 isn't really a user that I would trust.

I could make a video just like it for Australia, the problem is, the A league has about 3 Videos in youtube. I Guess soccer isnt really that important in there ?

taken from here
who the heck is that? it's not even made by them, embarrassing lol.

Australia doesn't have free entry to games and they still manage to pull more crowds to their domestic league in one match than what qatar pull in their entire season lol. Qatar crowd average = 5 people haha What a joke.

Never qualified for a world cup, have to buy fans to support the international team from other nations, have to buy players from other nations to makeup even a joke squad, knocked out in the group stages of the 8 team gulf cup

Definition of football failure = QATAR
MysteryMike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2010, 03:46 AM   #83
aaronaugi1

Quote:

taken from here
I think you will find there is still +10,000 people at the game that is taken.

The slump in average attendences in the past two seasons is attributed to the A-League expanding from a 10 game season to a +21 match season. The purpose of this is to attract more European based players back to Australia.

We've seen this with the likes of Jason Culina, Jacob Burns, Robbie Fowler and Mile Sterjovski all returning to the Australian League.
aaronaugi1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2010, 07:43 AM   #84
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrayyan View Post

Hassle-free visa for Asian Cup fans

DOHA: Football fans from abroad, particularly from the Asian countries and Australia, who are wishing to attend the Asian Cup 2011 in Doha can take advantage of a new entry visa being offered by Qatar.

http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/qat...-cup-fans.html
Why would anyone bother.
You stole the World Cup,you will totally ignore East Asia with your WC2022 scheduling with most matches between 1AM and 6AM
4.688 billion people you betrayed and now you want us to go there again.
EF you
_X_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2010, 01:19 PM   #85
salman515

This match was played in May 15th 2010, attendance of 45,000

Old December 24th, 2010, 02:50 PM   #86
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Likes (Received): 483

Qatar down Estonia 2-0

Action from the friendly international match between hosts Qatar and Estonia played at the Khalifa stadium on Wednesday. Qatar, who had defeated Egypt 2-1 last week, warmed up for the upcoming Asian Cup 2011 with a 2-0 victory over the East Europeans. Sebastien Soria opened Qatar’s account in the 38th minute and midfielder Fabio Cesar doubled the lead in the 78th minute for Bruno Metsu’s side.

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topic...9&parent_id=29

فوقك سماوات العظيم، وتحتك رفات المخلصين
اكفخ بنبض ارواحنا، يدعم على مر السنين

Last edited by Alrayyan; December 27th, 2010 at 01:31 PM.
Alrayyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2010, 06:23 PM   #87
gezza

Quote:
Qatar down Estonia 2-0

Action from the friendly international match between hosts Qatar and Estonia played at the Khalifa stadium on Wednesday. Qatar, who had defeated Egypt 2-1 last week, warmed up for the upcoming Asian Cup 2011 with a 2-0 victory over the East Europeans. Sebastien Soria opened Qatar’s account in the 38th minute and midfielder Fabio Cesar doubled the lead in the 78th minute for Bruno Metsu’s side.
Great use of referencing again - it appears anything goes regarding copyright on here.

Also great to see you team staggered over the line against the mighty Estonia thanks to a bought player from Uruguay and another from Brazil.

Is there anything Doha has not tried to buy in football?
Old December 25th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #88
cornelinho

wc2022 is a separate thread guys ...

the afc cup is the asian ultimate football tournament and should be respected as such , as well as goldcup, euro, acn, or copa america .

qatar is making its way in football because of its money but they are interested in doing something for the general better of the football legacy as i can imagine... if you invest billions of usd in thees projects whit the profit being irrelevant that means something.

the qatari users as i saw them on this forum are well mannered people and just defending the contrie against critics that is not ignorance my friends ...

if the isus of corruptions is real then FIFA is the one that should be decapitates not qatar.
##################
##################

Romania

Last edited by cornelinho; December 25th, 2010 at 05:34 PM.
cornelinho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 07:25 PM   #89
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelinho View Post
wc2022 is a separate thread guys ...

the afc cup is the asian ultimate football tournament and should be respected as such , as well as goldcup, euro, acn, or copa america .

qatar is making its way in football because of its money but they are interested in doing something for the general better of the football legacy as i can imagine... if you invest billions of usd in thees projects whit the profit being irrelevant that means something.

the qatari users as i saw them on this forum are well mannered people and just defending the contrie against critics that is not ignorance my friends ...

if the isus of corruptions is real then FIFA is the one that should be decapitates not qatar.
Well ,what I've been posting is extremely relevant.
Qatar begging for folks from East Asia and Australia after they stabbed them so hard.
You just don't forget the biggest bribery and corruption scandal in the history of sport and then urge your countrymen to go to Doha a few weeks later.
Heard a report on radio tonight from someone in Abu Dhabi and they said the following re the Asian Cup
"Qatars not exactly the most exciting part of the Gulf-in fact it has basically nothing for foreigners to do.The other point is that virtually all accommodation is 5 star which won't cater for the budgets of many that would normally go"
Then they added
"And I don't see them building a swag of YHA backpackers either for 2022 so you'll have a massive problem of exclusivity at the expense of the ordinary folk"

And you wonder why I hate Qatar and FIFA in equal amounts
Old December 25th, 2010, 08:02 PM   #90
cornelinho

qatar like all other biding nations (am many more that could not bid) wanted to host football major events, if the are fit to do so it was for fifa to decide, the qatari people and there culture has no blame in this problem... and if it is a real corruption case then it is betwen the leaders of the bid and fifa not the nation. so no reason to hate qatar ...
##################
##################

Romania
cornelinho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 08:06 PM   #91
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Likes (Received): 483

Quote:
qatar like all other biding nations (am many more that could not bid) wanted to host football major events, if the are fit to do so it was for fifa to decide, the qatari people and there culture has no blame in this problem... and if it is a real corruption case then it is betwen the leaders of the bid and fifa not the nation. so no reason to hate qatar ...
With people like these on the internet its always about hating the nation not the organisation (FIFA).

فوقك سماوات العظيم، وتحتك رفات المخلصين
اكفخ بنبض ارواحنا، يدعم على مر السنين
Alrayyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 10:44 PM   #92
salman515

Quote:
Don't waste your time my friend. there is no point of arguing.

the thing is, they will always look for something to complain about. they will blame you, blame your culture and basically anything they see, yet they call them selves Civilized !! looking at MysteryMike post proves that.

they are just few members, and they surly don't represent the Australian people.

there are few 3 stars hotels around Doha, not enough for sure to cater the WC, but that was discussed in the 2022 bid. we're talking about 12 yrs from now.

MysteryMike, I won't descend to your level, your post just proved how little you know about Qatar. would be happy to report you.
Old December 26th, 2010, 02:30 AM   #93
laxor

Likes (Received): 30

Quote:

taken from here
That's a picture of the away supporters at the Sydney football stadium. There's about 1000+ supporters who travelled 900km to Sydney.

TBH if anything it demonstrates the commitment of Australian supporters.
laxor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2010, 03:35 AM   #94
_X_

Quote:
With people like these on the internet its always about hating the nation not the organisation (FIFA).
Yep-its certainly about hating the Nation now.
Qatar manufactured/created the BIGGEST bribery and corruption scandal in the history of world sport and you want me to sit down and STFU
But don't worry,I can't stand FIFA either.They have managed to break the unbreakable.
Between the 2 parties the have devalued the FIFA World Cup to such a degree that its unquantifiable at the moment

Not only have Qatar devalued the WC they have devalued the Asian Cup 2011.There is SFA interest in it and the 94% of the AFC that has been treated so badly in the last few months aren't all of a sudden going to forget.People like myself will now do everything possible to remove the .005% chance anyone had of going.
Besides which match times for the overwhelming majority of Asia is between 12.15 am and 5.20am which will lead to crap ratings
Old December 26th, 2010, 11:36 AM   #95
stresss

Likes (Received): 13

fellas fellas please this is the asian cup thread, take the world cup arguments else where
as an aussie whilst i do feel pain for the way we lost the world cup bid, i'm rather excited how we can do in this tournament next year what with a new manager and some upcoming talent
will also be interesting to see how qatar can manage a tournament so soon after the world cup announcement, of course the two tournaments will be completely different but being an Asian cup I'm interested in the prospect of the tournament in Qatar how much time and money have been spent on it and perhaps maybe some comparisons can be drawn with this and 2022 (however its rather unlikely). On another note, i would like to say the situation at the afc is a massive joke and the president's unashamed love and hate for certain countries is an absolute disgrace, i know that this isnt simply an asian problem, this shit happens all over the world in other confeds
stresss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2010, 11:46 AM   #96
stresss

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:

taken from here
i can understand your aggrevation at all the hate being dumped on qatar at the moment but don't you think you're being a bit hypocritical?

there are several videos of the a league on youtube, nostrokeeper has put up highlights of just about every single game ever played in the league but what does that have to do with anything about the quality of football in the country.

that is a photo of an away crowd for an a league match, as has been stated by someone above, you've probably picked the worst picture to use to put down the a league as thats an away end at the sydney football stadium. you'd probably be better off looking at numbers and statistics so that your argument doesn't accidentally score an own goal
stresss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2010, 01:26 PM   #97
gezza

Quote:
Don't waste your time my friend. there is no point of arguing.

the thing is, they will always look for something to complain about. they will blame you, blame your culture and basically anything they see, yet they call them selves Civilized !! looking at MysteryMike post proves that.

they are just few members, and they surly don't represent the Australian people.

there are few 3 stars hotels around Doha, not enough for sure to cater the WC, but that was discussed in the 2022 bid. we're talking about 12 yrs from now.

MysteryMike, I won't descend to your level, your post just proved how little you know about Qatar. would be happy to report you.
I can guarantee you that it is IS the view of 99.9% of Australians. How about you have a read of any Australian sports editorial and responding comments before you make comments as such. You will also find that the majority of the world (outside of the gulf) is disgusted by the dealings of both your nation AND fifa. Your kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

People are not going to forget this in a hurry and nor should they.
Old December 26th, 2010, 05:56 PM   #98
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK

Likes (Received): 2719

Last warning.
Its about AFC Asian....

ULEB Eurocup (1): 2016

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF André Vergauwen Cup (1): 2017
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012

EJU Golden League (1): 2014
www.sercan.de no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2010, 10:05 PM   #99
CologneOujda

Likes (Received): 3

AFC Nations cup is the most boring continental tournament i've seen.
CologneOujda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2010, 06:14 AM   #100
gezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.sercan.de View Post
Last warning.
Its about AFC Asian....
So if I open a 2022 thread will it be closed?