daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 30th, 2010, 02:04 PM   #121
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Likes (Received): 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
fixed

Don't ever kid yourself it was any other way

And tbh,its far easier/cheaper to buy a ref and 2 assistants than it is to buy an ExCo vote.Lets just see what transpires-but I'm positive there will be some level of interference now after what we've seen over the last few months.
What a dire situation,that its come to this
Bought or didnt, still my point of the 2011 AFC Asian Cup is valid. I would be happy if Qatar made it through the group stage, however I am not putting my hopes too high.

فوقك سماوات العظيم، وتحتك رفات المخلصين
اكفخ بنبض ارواحنا، يدعم على مر السنين
Alrayyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #122
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Bora picks China, Qatar in Group A

Doha: Few coaches have a resume to match that of Bora Milutinovic, the man who took five different nations to the finals of the FIFA World Cup and who has an encyclopedic knowledge of the global game.
The veteran Serb coach – who led China to the semi-finals of the 2000 tournament in Lebanon - sat down with afcasiancup.com to take a look at the 16 teams participating at the AFC Asian Cup Qatar 2011 and predict which nations will be celebrating a place in the quarter-finals.

Here he runs his eye over Group A, which features hosts Qatar, East Asian champions China, Gulf Cup winners Kuwait and perennial dark horses Uzbekistan.

“Normally in the first group the favourite would be, for me, China and Qatar. These teams have more of a chance of going through for me.

“With Kuwait, I’m so happy to see a Serbian coach (Gora Tufegdzic) doing well and I think it shows the capacity Serbian coaches have to build a team. They won the Gulf Cup but this time I’m hoping that Qatar can go through with China to the next round.

“I think China needs to come back to be an important team at this excellent occasion. They have prepared well and they have a good balance between youth and experience.

“When I watch this team and I see the names of Du Wei and Qu Bo, for me it’s special sensation because they started to play with me 10 years ago when I was China coach and it’s very exciting.

“It’s also, I think, time for China to come back and be an important team in this continent. For all the people that follow China, they are incredible.

“Qatar are the local team, Bruno Metsu has prepared a good team and when you are at home you have a good chance to go through to the next round. They have a good balance in the team with some good young players so now they need to play with determination and confidence and if they do they will be there.

“I have to admit, I don’t know Uzbekistan so well but I know the mentality of the people is very tough. They won the last time they played against China in Malaysia at the AFC Asian Cup 2007 and also they are waiting to make the next step.”

Bora’s prediction: China and Qatar to qualify for the quarter-finals.

(Source: AFC)

Old December 30th, 2010, 02:25 PM   #123
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

Baha, I highly doubt Qatar will make it past group stage.
Solopop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2010, 02:25 PM   #124
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Qatar, Uzbekistan match dedicated to FAO Cause

Doha: The opening match of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Asian Cup 2011 between hosts Qatar and Uzbekistan on January 7 will be dedicated to United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organisation’s (FAO) global campaign against hunger, organisers said in a media statement yesterday.

Asian Football Against Hunger solidarity is urging football fans to sign an online petition calling on governments to give priority to fight hunger and mobilise donations for FAO’s Telefood community-level food production projects.

The ‘1Billionhungry Project’ is a global outreach initiative of the FAO and its partners which has garnered over 3.2 million signatures.

The match day against hunger is planned for players and fans to deliver this noble message of mobilising resources and help FAO “win this cause for the most basic right of food” using the appeal and reach of football.

The said match follows an agreement signed by AFC and FAO earlier this year at the AFC headquarters in Kuala Lumpur during the meeting of the Social Responsibility Committee of the AFC. QNA

(Source: The Peninsula)

Old December 31st, 2010, 01:16 AM   #125
Trelawny
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

If Australia doesn't win this tournament they are the biggest joke in time.
Trelawny no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2010, 04:10 AM   #126
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

Why's that?
Solopop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2010, 05:17 AM   #127
vanbasten88

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
If Australia doesn't win this tournament they are the biggest joke in time.
You have to be kidding right?? Do you even watch football or are you basing it purely on the FIFA rankings? Australia should account for India and Bahrain, but once out of the groups, I think our lack of a deadset goal poacher and a suspect defence(a bit slow as the Germans demonstrated in Durban) will be our downfall. A more realistic goal is to aim for the top 4.

I still think Qatar will get the rub of the green(can you get the rub of the green in a country with no green?) from the referees. If Juve can do it (Calciopoli), imagine what the Emir's petro-squillions could buy? I mean besides the obvious elephant in this discussion that has been alluded to many times
vanbasten88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2010, 05:40 AM   #128
JYDA

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbasten88 View Post
You have to be kidding right?? Do you even watch football or are you basing it purely on the FIFA rankings? Australia should account for India and Bahrain, but once out of the groups, I think our lack of a deadset goal poacher and a suspect defence(a bit slow as the Germans demonstrated in Durban) will be our downfall. A more realistic goal is to aim for the top 4.

I still think Qatar will get the rub of the green(can you get the rub of the green in a country with no green?) from the referees. If Juve can do it (Calciopoli), imagine what the Emir's petro-squillions could buy? I mean besides the obvious elephant in this discussion that has been alluded to many times
Trelawny is not one to be taken seriously
JYDA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2010, 06:27 AM   #129
vanbasten88

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYDA View Post
Trelawny is not one to be taken seriously
Thank you My Canuckistani friend, I shall not feed the troll
vanbasten88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2011, 12:10 AM   #130
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Old January 1st, 2011, 04:07 AM   #131
NavyBlue
Under Construction

Likes (Received): 9

Team Buses...

Only 7 days to go - good luck Qatar and everyone involved.

NavyBlue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2011, 05:57 AM   #132
stresss

Likes (Received): 13

wouldnt expect anything different from north korea would you?
stresss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2011, 10:01 AM   #133
kuarif

Likes (Received): 5

oh Indonesia is not in the AFC Cup 2011
greatly disappointed

maybe in 2015
kuarif no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2011, 01:32 PM   #134
Alrayyan
كعبه المضيوم

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuarif View Post
oh Indonesia is not in the AFC Cup 2011
greatly disappointed

maybe in 2015
Neither is Malaysia, Thailand or Vietnam.

Which all with Indonesia, co-hosted the AFC Asian Cup 2007. Its a shame, or more like an embarrassment that none of them were able to qualify.

Old January 2nd, 2011, 02:58 PM   #135
nikolina_fan
Nikolina :)

Likes (Received): 0

It is shame that some teams have oportunity to qualify through other type of qualifications, against really low teams. Like India. They played against powerhouses of Nepal, Sri Lanka, Taipei, Laos and so on, like Korea DPR too. And Indonesia and Vietnam had to play Australia, Kuwait, China, Iran etc.

So, despite wish to make football more popular in those weak countries, AFC has to do something different, as this current format is not equal for all of it's members. But I am not saying that AFC is guilty for Indonesian fail to qualify, I just want to see all teams in equal position.

And one more thing. Korea DPR is strong, got qualifiaction to WC, was in final qualification group for 2006 WC, and they, anyway, played in Challenge Cup, against team that never won in WC qualifiers.

EDIT: I like Aussie's bus, a lot. Go Cahill, go Socceroos.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 05:42 PM   #136
kuarif

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrayyan View Post
Neither is Malaysia, Thailand or Vietnam.

Which all with Indonesia, co-hosted the AFC Asian Cup 2007. Its a shame, or more like an embarrassment that none of them were able to qualify.
ya, may 2015 Indonesia will enter AFC Cup again
and enter the world cup 2014
kuarif no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2011, 12:37 PM   #137
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolina_fan View Post
It is shame that some teams have oportunity to qualify through other type of qualifications, against really low teams. Like India. They played against powerhouses of Nepal, Sri Lanka, Taipei, Laos and so on, like Korea DPR too. And Indonesia and Vietnam had to play Australia, Kuwait, China, Iran etc.

So, despite wish to make football more popular in those weak countries, AFC has to do something different, as this current format is not equal for all of it's members. But I am not saying that AFC is guilty for Indonesian fail to qualify, I just want to see all teams in equal position.

And one more thing. Korea DPR is strong, got qualifiaction to WC, was in final qualification group for 2006 WC, and they, anyway, played in Challenge Cup, against team that never won in WC qualifiers.

EDIT: I like Aussie's bus, a lot. Go Cahill, go Socceroos.
West Asian,considering they only account for 5.4% of the Asia's population-has way too much influence,and way too many qualifying spots
_X_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:07 PM   #138
David-80
Le Nozze di Figaro...

Quote:

True, that is why AFC is a total joke.

my country Indonesia had been in the same group with Australia (top ranking in asia),Oman (gulf champion 2009), Kuwait (gulf champion 2010)...

cheers
Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:43 PM   #139
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuarif View Post
ya, may 2015 Indonesia will enter AFC Cup again
and enter the world cup 2014
well Liverpool are planning on building an academy in Indonesia so maybe they can find some players. It will be great for players in nations such as South Korea, Japan, Australia etc as well as no doubt their scouts will be on patrol more prominently in the immediate region, not just within Indonesia. Indonesia should have made it through to the Asian Cup 2011 instead of a football criminal such as Qatar, they only even hosted the 2011 edition, through total bs, robbing nations such as Indonesia of a place.

Last edited by MysteryMike; January 4th, 2011 at 02:06 AM.
MysteryMike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 03:57 AM   #140
hack404

Likes (Received): 1197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrayyan View Post

Hassle-free visa for Asian Cup fans

DOHA: Football fans from abroad, particularly from the Asian countries and Australia, who are wishing to attend the Asian Cup 2011 in Doha can take advantage of a new entry visa being offered by Qatar.

The visa will be available on arrival at the airport and other ports of entry for foreigners visiting the country during the tournament that kicks off on January 7.

Football fans can now apply on line through the e-Government portal and the websites of the AFC Asian Cup and the Qatar Football Association.

“The new entry visa is part of our efforts to attract as many foreign tourists to the country as possible during the Asian Cup. The Qatar Local Organising Committee of the AFC Asian Cup Qatar 2011 (QLOC) is working in collaboration with the Ministry of Interior and e-Government to facilitate easy entry for football fans from all over the world during the tournament,” Asian Cup director Hilal Al Mohannadi told The Peninsula yesterday.

Applications can be posted through a special link available on the AFC Asian Cup website, www.afcasiancup.com, the QFA website, www.qfa.com.qa and Hukoomi website, www.gov.qa.

This visa will be issued on arrival at the airport or border only during the duration of the tournament. The applicants must carry a return ticket to the point of origin and must possess the amount of QR5000 or equivalent or a valid major Credit Card.

“These requirements will be strictly enforced by the Airport Authorities on arrival. Failure to meet any of the above requirements will result in denial of entry to the country,” according to the Hukoomi website.

The single entry visa will be issued for a duration of a maximum 30 days. A fee of QR100 will be charged for each visa.

The applicants are required to fill a simple form with personal details and details of the dependents travelling with the applicant, if any. They will be informed about the status of the application.

Al Mohannadi said the visa would be available to people from all nationalities without any “discrimination.”

“We hope the new entry visa would give a further boost to football fans planning to visit Qatar for the Asian Cup. We are also expecting a number of visitors from other GCC countries. People have already started applying since the service was launched today,” he added.

Sixteen countries are vying for the coveted AFC Asian Cup, hosted in five stadiums across the country. The tournament runs from January 7 to 29.

Ticket prices start from QR5 and can be purchased online through the website, www.afcafcasiancup.com or at AFC outlets in Villaggio, City Center, Landmark and The Mall.

http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/qat...-cup-fans.html

So if someone leaves the country for a few days, they will need a new visa?