daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 24th, 2017, 05:28 AM   #341
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7683

Poland only has 7 "millionaire" airports? Kind of disappointing

Former Yugoslavia, with half the population of Poland is about to have ten this year

Belgrade, Zagreb, Ljubljana, Pristina, Skoplje, Dubrovnik & Split are being joined by Tivat, Podgorica & Sarajevo.
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2017, 10:25 AM   #342
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

Napravili Ste veliku greśku, u poljsku imaju samo jedan aerodrom koji ima viśe od 1 mln koristnika, znaći aerodrom Chopin u varśavi, sve ostale imaju manje, npr. krakov ima manje od pola miliona. Gledaj taćne podatke.
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2017, 12:05 PM   #343
Piasto

Likes (Received): 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post

Former Yugoslavia, with half the population of Poland is about to have ten this year

Belgrade, Zagreb, Ljubljana, Pristina, Skoplje, Dubrovnik & Split are being joined by Tivat, Podgorica & Sarajevo.
Very strange way of comparing air traffic, then what would you say about Czech Republic having half the population of former Yugoslavia and only 1 (!!!) millionaire airport?

In reality looking at the amount of millionaire-airports isn't really suitable for any kind of analysis, as if you would consider 2016 the TOP10 airports of former yugoslavia summed togethere (19,47 million) served almost 2,5 million fewer passanger then the TOP3 airports in Poland (21,83 million), and Poland continues to experience the most rapid growth in air traffic in Europe with WAW growing 25% this year.

However it is very pleasing to see so many smaller airports in that region breaking the 1 million-bar, hopefully investments in infrastructure will follow in order to avoid over-crowding the airports

seba65536, Nicko9 liked this post
Piasto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2017, 12:55 PM   #344
seba65536

Likes (Received): 3315

You can always choose a metric that makes you look good

Nicko9 liked this post
seba65536 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2017, 11:36 PM   #345
SRC_100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piasto View Post
Very strange way of comparing air traffic, then what would you say about Czech Republic having half the population of former Yugoslavia and only 1 (!!!) millionaire airport?

In reality looking at the amount of millionaire-airports isn't really suitable for any kind of analysis, as if you would consider 2016 the TOP10 airports of former yugoslavia summed togethere (19,47 million) served almost 2,5 million fewer passanger then the TOP3 airports in Poland (21,83 million), and Poland continues to experience the most rapid growth in air traffic in Europe with WAW growing 25% this year.

However it is very pleasing to see so many smaller airports in that region breaking the 1 million-bar, hopefully investments in infrastructure will follow in order to avoid over-crowding the airports

what a f`ckin bullshit... spoof of reality because of personal complexes...
Old October 25th, 2017, 01:27 AM   #346
seba65536

Likes (Received): 3315

Jut compare total number of passengers in each country and get it over with.
seba65536 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2017, 09:03 AM   #347
Piasto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRC_100 View Post

what a f`ckin bullshit... spoof of reality because of personal complexes...
????

What do you mean?
Old October 25th, 2017, 09:29 AM   #348
SRC_100

@CrazySerb wrote the TRUTH, a you want to proof that he`s not right... do you see in it any sense?
Old October 25th, 2017, 10:22 AM   #349
Piasto

Quote:

@CrazySerb wrote the TRUTH, a you want to proof that he`s not right... do you see in it any sense?
I'm not in any way trying to claim he didn't, and I'm not trying to prove him wrong in any sense, don't really see how you made that assumption. I'm merely claiming that measuring the air traffic of a country by amount of millionaire-airports does not make sense. And since this is a forum, used for discussions, I'm simply stating my opinion that in accordance to my belief it would be even better if Poland had only 4 or 5 millionaire airports, with one main mega Hub connected by high speed rail to all our regions. Since Poland is relatively small and compact that would be the best solution.

Netherlands - same population as former Yugoslavia, only 3 "millionaire-airports". Disappointing? No, genius. So just take a moment to think next time before you accuse someone of personal complex Mmmkay?
Old October 25th, 2017, 03:17 PM   #350
SRC_100

Now I see you both are wrong!
there is only one millionair-aiport in polent, I mean warsaw chopin airport, others are far below million passengers!
Old October 25th, 2017, 03:31 PM   #351
Fallout
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Likes (Received): 1350

Divide Yugoslavia further and it will become even stronger with more tiny airports.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.
― Hermann Göring

The monster never dies, no matter how many times you kill it. It just sheds its skin and changes form.
― William J. Blazkowicz
Fallout no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2017, 03:39 PM   #352
Piasto

Quote:

Now I see you both are wrong!
there is only one millionair-aiport in polent, I mean warsaw chopin airport, others are far below million passengers!

Martwy_Kogut liked this post
Old October 25th, 2017, 05:18 PM   #353
SRC_100

You should have been learning maths in school, because I see that you have a problem with that. The only airport in poland with an average number of passengers exceeding million is the airport in Warsaw. For the others, average number of passengers is definitely less than a million! Simply count, but for that you need to know the basics of mathematics.
Old October 25th, 2017, 06:06 PM   #354
Piasto

Quote:

You should have been learning maths in school, because I see that you have a problem with that. The only airport in poland with an average number of passengers exceeding million is the airport in Warsaw. For the others, average number of passengers is definitely less than a million! Simply count, but for that you need to know the basics of mathematics.

Please tell me you are trolling.

If not, I'll kindly explain:

1. I don't want this to become a personal cockfight between us, but if anyone should spend more time in school between you and me then I think we would all benefit from you staying there a bit longer, but anyhow, let me state the obvious for you:

- When CrazySerb wrote about "millionaire"-airports he meant airports that will serve more than 1 million PAX in TOTAL PER YEAR. Not a monthly average.

- My respons to that was simply that this is not a good way of measuring the air traffic development of any country as the amount of millionaire airports does not imply anything. I didn't mean to offend in anyway.

2. Your response claiming personal complexes obviously indicates that you got offended. Perhaps it is you that have some personal complexes that were triggered by that, yet again, no offence implied.

3. Time to end this stupid off-topic, cheers!
Old October 25th, 2017, 07:00 PM   #355
borubar7

Likes (Received): 3641

Do not feed trolls!

Piasto liked this post
borubar7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2017, 07:13 PM   #356
SRC_100

Quote:
Please tell me you are trolling.
Sorry, I`m not...

Quote:
- When CrazySerb wrote about "millionaire"-airports he meant airports that will serve more than 1 million PAX in TOTAL PER YEAR. Not a monthly average.
Because in the table on previous page is given monthly traffic for each airport, I was being sure you both were thinking of monthly value of single airport traffic.
Now, I see that`s the point...

Quote:
- My respons to that was simply that this is not a good way of measuring the air traffic development of any country as the amount of millionaire airports does not imply anything. I didn't mean to offend in anyway.
But @CrazySerb didn`t write that this is good way or not of measuring the air traffic, he just noticed that there is more airports in ex-YU country with over million passagers per year than in pl. For him, this observation was shocking. That`s all.

Quote:
2. Your response claiming personal complexes obviously indicates that you got offended. Perhaps it is you that have some personal complexes that were triggered by that, yet again, no offence implied.
none of that
Quote:
3. Time to end this stupid off-topic, cheers!
let`s end OT without alko...
Old October 25th, 2017, 09:25 PM   #357
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7683

Sorry guys, my fault
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2017, 06:43 AM   #358
Slodi

Likes (Received): 5764

https://www.dfnionline.com/latest-ne...ch-23-11-2017/

Quote:
Lagardère Gdansk concession hailed as “model commercial zone”

Lagardère Travel Retail has officially unveiled its master duty-free and travel-retail concession in Gdańsk Lech Wałęsa airport.
Speaking to DFNIonline at the official unveiling of the 5,000sq m concession, Lagardère Travel Retail Poland CEO Andrez Kacperski said the retailer was “very happy” with its retail offer at the airport. “What we see has been exceeding our initial expectations,” he added.

Being a master concession, Lagarère is now operating all but one of the airport’s retail and F&B outlets and Kacperski said the “richness” of Lagardère’s portfolio had allowed the retailer to effectively fulfil the master concession.
Furthermore, the retailer has put parts of its retail offer in the terminal’s F&B outlets and vice-versa. “We are looking for hybridisation so having the master concession means elements from all three businesses [duty-free, F&B and travel essentials] can combine,” Kacperski said.

Local products aplenty

Most notable in Lagardère’s master concession is the 2,530sq m Aelia Duty Free walkthrough store.
The store offers not only a wide selection of products from all the core categories, but also creates a strong sense of place by having sections dedicated to Polish food and liquor.

Lagardère Travel Retail EMEA chief operating officer Frédéric Chevalier told DFNIonline: “We believe that [products available] here and nowhere else is a key component of our positioning, as it is a fundamental element for differentiating retail in airports.
“In each and every country, we invest heavily in local categories and in that sense in Poland, we wanted to massively increase the space for local brands and local vendors. Not only vodka, but Dr Irena Ellis in cosmetics, for example.”
Growing airport and growing retail

Gdansk airport, which it has been revealed is targeting more than 5 million annual passengers for the first time in 2018, has undergone ambitious growth plans in recent years.
Lagardère has entered into these ambitious plans as part of the master concession, as it has more than tripled the retail space in the airside Schengen area of the terminal. Since winning the airport’s retail concession off Baltona in 2016, Lagardère has increased that retail space from 1,330sq m to 4,900sq m and increased the number of stores from five to 28.

Gdansk airport CEO Tomasz Klosowski said: “It was not an easy decision to make [to award the concession to Lagardère], but I already know that it was one of the most important decisions made in my 20-year career.
“I would like to thank the management board of Lagardère Travel Retail because it is a real partnership [and they have created] a model commercial zone for an airport of this size.”
Slodi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2017, 03:31 PM   #359
DocentX

Likes (Received): 2187

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuba-gda View Post
podsumowanie listopada.

• Z nowym sezonem zimowym i nowym rozkładem mamy nowych liderów procentowych wzrostów: LUZ z 46,8%, BZG i POZ po 37,8%, a o kolejności decydują setne procenta.
  • Zawieszenie przez FR rejsów WAW-WRO i WAW-GDN wyraźnie widać na listopadowych wynikach tych portów.
  • Przy zachowaniu tych lotów WAW mogłaby mieć wynik lepszy o ponad 5%, GDN o ponad 8% a WRO o ponad 13%.
  • 8 grudnia SZY przekroczyły 100 000 pasażerów w roku.
  • Wszystkie lotniska w listopadzie odrawiły 2,9 mln pasażerów co jest prawie 15% więcej niż w listopadzie 2016.

SRC_100, [email protected], renco, Nicko9 liked this post
DocentX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2017, 07:39 PM   #360
OVERSIER

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post

Polish population is overstated as they also count people who work and live outside of the country in their census. If I were to guess I would say they have roughly 25-30 mil in the country full time.
OVERSIER no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
airports, european hub airport, lotnisko, lublin, luz