daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 27th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #21
capricorn2000

Likes (Received): 33997

wow, this is one beautiful place to spend a holiday.
I can feel the fresh sea air and the warm sea water beneath my feet.
capricorn2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2010, 09:38 PM   #22
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos-greece View Post
Awesome, very nice new shots SYDNEY
Cheers mate, you are really too kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorn2000 View Post
wow, this is one beautiful place to spend a holiday.
I can feel the fresh sea air and the warm sea water beneath my feet.
Thanks, it is a great little spot but already too expensive for a little plot of land .... I guess that I will have to work that extra bit harder Thanks for the comment
Old December 27th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #24
Mr_kiwi_fruit

Likes (Received): 1661

Love the dog The 4th pic looks as if it is mercury lapping up onto the shore. Fantastic
Old December 27th, 2010, 10:53 PM   #25
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_kiwi_fruit View Post
Love the dog The 4th pic looks as if it is mercury lapping up onto the shore. Fantastic
You are right, it does look "foreign"
Old December 30th, 2010, 06:19 AM   #28
Diego_GDL.

Likes (Received): 21

AWESOME!! Looks like a perfect place to do all kind of water sports, that's amazing, thanks for sharing the photos! Happy New Year!
Diego_GDL. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2010, 10:23 PM   #29
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego_GDL. View Post
AWESOME!! Looks like a perfect place to do all kind of water sports, that's amazing, thanks for sharing the photos! Happy New Year!
Cheers mate, it is the prefect all-rounder Thanks for the well wishes and I hope that all your dreams come true in 2011 - have fun
Old January 1st, 2011, 11:10 PM   #31
Mr_kiwi_fruit

Likes (Received): 1661

What a great end to a great thread Not long to go and we will be back in the Coromandel.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 12:09 AM   #32
The Cake On BBQ
Moderat÷r

Likes (Received): 8688

You could've shorten the title to "Paradise"
Old January 2nd, 2011, 01:31 PM   #33
ikops
Supermoderator

Likes (Received): 2664

Unfortunately I had to skip Coromandel when I visited New Zealand, due to too little time.
ikops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2011, 10:39 PM   #34
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_kiwi_fruit View Post
What a great end to a great thread Not long to go and we will be back in the Coromandel.
Thanks baby Yeah, can't wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cake On BBQ View Post
You could've shorten the title to "Paradise"
You are correct, thanks for the comment mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikops View Post
Unfortunately I had to skip Coromandel when I visited New Zealand, due to too little time.
I have no excuse - I have lived here for 5 and half years and I have only been to Whangamata and Pauanui - embarrassing I know but I will change that this year. I have so much of NZ to see - one can spend months here in order to soak it all up.

Where did you go on your travels in NZ ?
Old January 3rd, 2011, 11:02 PM   #35
ikops
Supermoderator

I probably wanted to see too much. That's a very tempting pitfall when you live on the other side of the world. You get to see NZ maybe once or twice in an entire lifetime. So I travelled both on the Northern Island as well on the Southern Island. And I had only three and a half weeks. I am sure you can see the problem. At least I can say I saw cities like Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin. I also visited the famous westcoast of the Southern Island (Te Anau - Milford Sound), Queenstown, Napier and Abel Tasman NP, Franz Josef and Fox Glacier, Rotorua, Napier, Lake Taupo, Tongariro NP.
Old January 4th, 2011, 06:02 AM   #36
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
I probably wanted to see too much. That's a very tempting pitfall when you live on the other side of the world. You get to see NZ maybe once or twice in an entire lifetime. So I travelled both on the Northern Island as well on the Southern Island. And I had only three and a half weeks. I am sure you can see the problem. At least I can say I saw cities like Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin. I also visited the famous westcoast of the Southern Island (Te Anau - Milford Sound), Queenstown, Napier and Abel Tasman NP, Franz Josef and Fox Glacier, Rotorua, Napier, Lake Taupo, Tongariro NP.
Wow, that in itself is a fantastic itinerary. You have seen way more than what I have seen - what was your favourite area and your best experience ? I will apologise in advance for the 40 questions
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:26 AM   #37
ikops
Supermoderator

It's probably not the most well-known area of NZ, but I especially liked the eerieness of the Tongariro NP. My best experience was I think the jetboat-ride (we made pirouettes at 60 kilometers per hour!), not the famous one at Queenstown, but the one at Te Anau. The drive up to Milford Sound was off course very special. For some unknown reason I seemed to like the atmosphere at Nelson very much. Very laid-back. I probably expected a little bit more more from Auckland, wasn't too excited about downtown though.
Old January 4th, 2011, 09:19 PM   #38
ewka

Likes (Received): 374

Those trees and generally, great houses, nature, everything

I love it !
ewka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 09:54 PM   #39
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
It's probably not the most well-known area of NZ, but I especially liked the eerieness of the Tongariro NP. My best experience was I think the jetboat-ride (we made pirouettes at 60 kilometers per hour!), not the famous one at Queenstown, but the one at Te Anau. The drive up to Milford Sound was off course very special. For some unknown reason I seemed to like the atmosphere at Nelson very much. Very laid-back. I probably expected a little bit more more from Auckland, wasn't too excited about downtown though.
I haven't been to Tongariro NP but everybody raves about it. I will try my utmost best to get there now that there is a Hilton Hotel close by ( I don't like slumming it ). Auckland has a jet-boat now but I am sure that it will be more exciting along a narrow and shallow river somewhere in Queenstown - I will stock up on my dutch-courage I haven't done Milford Sound either one of the natural wonders of the world.

Everybody loves Nelson and that is another area that I haven't seen - I have to get my act together. You have done so much, well done

If I can recall correctly, you were here in the late 90's or was it the early 00's ? I arrived in Auckland in 2005 and I thought that parts of the downtown area was very 70's but that has all changed - it is starting to look really good. By mid 2012 it will be a new city. I can't wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewka View Post
Those trees and generally, great houses, nature, everything

I love it !
Thanks ewka, it is a great holiday destination, now if I could only afford one of those holiday homes Thanks for the comment, it is much appreciated
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:49 PM   #40
ikops
Supermoderator

I think I was there around 2004, but I am not completely sure. I remember it had a nice waterfront although it wasn't exactly spectacular. I was more charmed by Wellington, a city with a spectacular location.