daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Kuwait > Projects

Old January 6th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #1
Skoulikimou
Brief State of Euphoria

Likes (Received): 3

#UNDER C :"Arabella Project"

Arabella

Life is beautiful. Enjoy it, embrace it, live it.

Get away from the everyday. Escape the stress of your duties and responsibilities by stepping into Arabella and indulging in a journey of joy and serenity.

A delightful experience & a genuine opportunity to “LIVE LIFE”.

Arabella presents something truly unique. It brings together the ideal mix of leisure & ambience. A venue for entertainment & relaxation without the chaos of most conventional outings. Adults will appreciate this classy refuge and how it caters to their need for a pleasant peaceful time.

Imagine an especially charmful voyage. Imagine the elegance & charm of Europe right here in Kuwait, within your reach.

Strolling down the street in Arabella, you’ll be taken by the cozy charisma of European boulevards. A captivating setting with wonderful architecture and landscape. Alongside a breathtaking view of the Arabian Gulf, the soothing scenery will fill your heart with tranquility.

Street performers on the pavements and corners will amuse you with their skills and talents.

Here the world’s best cuisines come together. Unparalleled culinary variety to cater to every dining preference. A wide spectrum of restaurants is on offer. Take in the flair and sophistication of French gastronomy, the Italian saucy richness, the sizzling Indian spices, and the enigmatic Japanese flavor. Savor the lively Moroccan seasonings, the delicious & colorful Chinese choices, the Mediterranean Greek cookery, the authentic Lebanese taste, and the exotic Korean dishes, plus plenty more…

Enjoy other eateries that include various steakhouses, burger joints, bakeries and cold cut delis.

Treat your sweet tooth to scrumptious ice cream & desserts at the ice cream parlors and pastry shops.

Spoil yourself with glorious rejuvenation at the majestic Spa, stay in shape or enhance it at the high tech Health Club, and get the look you seek at the Beauty Shop & Salon.

Unwind and relax at the enchanting cafes, fruit bars, bistros, and Arabian coffee shops.

Watch your favorite sport and support your favorite team at the impressive Sports Bar equipped with massive screens.

Or you may simply just go for a walk or sit down on a bench with your friends or special someone and absorb the lovely surroundings.

Moreover, there’s an elaborate educational playground for kids.

Come hangout and let loose at the exquisite sanctuary that is Arabella.

http://arabella.fm/index.html

Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)
Skoulikimou no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 6th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #2
CrazY

Likes (Received): 4

Arabella is situated in an area most fitting for its chic status, Al Bedaa Area. To one of its sides there’s the beautiful Arabian Gulf, to the other there’s Al-Taawon Road, and surrounding it are numerous 5 star hotels and resorts such as Radisson SAS, Movenpick, Regency Palace, and Palm. Within the same district there are the wealthy and populous residential areas of Messila, Salwa, Rumaithiya, and Sabah Al-Salem. Furthermore, the Amiri Palace “Dar Salwa” is almost right next door.

Oh, I've seen this project being built a while back.. cool!
CrazY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 02:17 PM   #3
TRiPLEM
TripleM

Likes (Received): 0

it would've been awesome if it was part of a mix-use development complex (residential villas and town houses - retail space - sport facilities - chalets and hotels)
~Saad Al Barrak
TRiPLEM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #4
ChaoticTranquility
From Miami to Ibiza.

Location: Kuwait City (KWT), London (UK), New York City (USA)
Likes (Received): 14

Exactly what Kuwait needs: another restaurant cluster with all the same chains.

Marina Crescent, Al-Bida'a, Spoons, the restaurant village under construction in Messilah/Abu Hasaniya... I can't help but ask, is this really necessary?

Don't get me wrong, Arabella looks beautifully designed [if not a bit too garishly European - think the Bellagio in Las Vegas], but we don't need more places to gorge ourselves. A new hotel/resort, a residential development with townhouses or chalets, some sort of outdoor amphitheater or health/fitness center - these would have all been excellent contenders for that lot.

When Arabella opens, we'll probably see the Chocolate Bar, a Friday's, Paul, Le Notre, Starbucks and more outposts of restaurants we already have. I'm getting bored of it already.

I'm not trying to be negative, but oh well. It's already well underway so we'll probably be walking into it before 2012 is out.

CT
"It's [Toronto] a city of immigrants without slums, without graffiti and without gridlock (well almost, I'd admit), dynamic but seldom frenetic, a metropolis with clean air and a healthy downtown. In short, a city that works." - The New York Times
ChaoticTranquility no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #5
kuwaiti tower
KW

Likes (Received): 2

فكرة يديدة ونظامه حلو بس منو الشركة المالكة ؟؟
kuwaiti tower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 09:42 AM   #6
loody
an amazing user ;)

Likes (Received): 8

3aqarat alkuwait (Kuwait real estate) and they have ideafor 2 new arabeelas in fintas an abu al7asaneya
Old February 3rd, 2011, 02:18 AM   #7
Kuwaiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticTranquility View Post
Exactly what Kuwait needs: another restaurant cluster with all the same chains.

Marina Crescent, Al-Bida'a, Spoons, the restaurant village under construction in Messilah/Abu Hasaniya... I can't help but ask, is this really necessary?

Don't get me wrong, Arabella looks beautifully designed [if not a bit too garishly European - think the Bellagio in Las Vegas], but we don't need more places to gorge ourselves. A new hotel/resort, a residential development with townhouses or chalets, some sort of outdoor amphitheater or health/fitness center - these would have all been excellent contenders for that lot.

When Arabella opens, we'll probably see the Chocolate Bar, a Friday's, Paul, Le Notre, Starbucks and more outposts of restaurants we already have. I'm getting bored of it already.

I'm not trying to be negative, but oh well. It's already well underway so we'll probably be walking into it before 2012 is out.

CT
That's all we're good at. Food, food, and more food. Then they complain from diabetes and obesity.

I stopped reading the description as soon as it said Arabian Gulf. I just knew it was going to be another fake project, i.e. one that initially looks promising but is executed so poorly that it would look like one of those Maidan Hawally or Jahra recreational areas.

You make good points. An amphitheater would be very nice. Have you seen Qatar's "Cultural Village"? Its like a recreation of old towns and mosques, with an amphitheater in the center and a nice old-style waterfront.

And they've got a Souq Waqif that puts ours to shame, although we should have the best old souq since Kuwait is the historic focal point of that idea.

Or how about the Islamic museum they have. Our competition to that is... oh that's right, we don't have a museum, unless they call that building right next to the parliament a museum. It's such an embarrassment, nothing works, no motivation, no care at all.

What's your prediction on "Arabella"? I predict a disappointing outcome, that looks exactly like a bigger version of Marina Crescent, with the smell of that elegant "European-Kuwaiti" sewage system running underneath.

I will feel so "captivated" by that wonderful background noise of Kuwaiti traffic whizzing by.
Kuwaiti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 02:22 AM   #8
CrazY

We have the Historical village in Sharq Kuwaiti!

lol i totally forgot about that one... they build a few unfinished buildings and they're like that for a couple of years now maybe?
Old February 3rd, 2011, 04:14 AM   #9
ahmedjam
So Alive

Likes (Received): 1

Wow imagine the historical village with Chocolate Bar (it's a restaurant don't get me wrong). :S

Actually you are right Chaotic Tranquility, we don't even have a good book store, a them park, activity center, and even a motor city would rock. But at the end having an empty land to be packed with stores is better than nothing.

What i really would like to say is the investors in Kuwait are so lazy with creating new things (creativity) in the past years. And the reasons are unknown to me !

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it" By Pablo Picasso

"No need for a talent when you have a brain" By AAM
ahmedjam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 02:04 PM   #10
ChaoticTranquility
From Miami to Ibiza.

CrazY, ahmedjam - the Kuwait "Cultural Village" [I think it's called the "Heritage Village" if I'm not mistaken] is a new-build! And yes, it's currently on hold.

Call it paradoxical or bitterly ironic, but where's the heritage in that? It would have been fantastic if they renovated and restored actual old buildings, but they're slapping up buildings in the style of their older predecessors. And what's it going to be upon completion? Coffee shops. Restaurants. Retail.

Look down Arabian Gulf/Belajat Street. From the Shuwaikh to Salwa end, how many malls/restaurant clusters do we have? Slider Station, Pizzetta, the Burger Hub, Souq Sharq, the Heritage Village, Mais Al Ghanim, Dar Al Dhiyafa [Shrimpy, Don Mario's...], Le Notre, Abdelwahab, Applebee's, Nino, Friday's, Layali Al-Helmiya, Naif, PF Chang's, Multaqa Al-Shaab [Ayam Zaman, Sakura, etc.], Chi-Chi's, Marina Mall, Marina Crescent, Hard Rock, the new Marina expansion, Symphony, Olympia, Diva's, Rays One, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Sanawber, Rimal, Al-Bida'a, Arabella... That's beyond outrageous.

Kuwaiti - I've been to Doha and I've seen Souq Waqif and the spectacular Museum of Islamic Art. We don't even have a decent museum; Hell, our National Museum is still a blackened shell from the Invasion. The Kuwait National Library next to Slider Station - what happened to that? Shaab Park and the Entertainment City are downright embarrassing. We have no theatre options, no concert halls, no government endorsement for the arts... It's all just feed, sell, feed.

I don't look forward to Arabella. It's a complete shame that we lost another seaside plot to the same damn thing we've seen less than a mile up the road.

CT
"It's [Toronto] a city of immigrants without slums, without graffiti and without gridlock (well almost, I'd admit), dynamic but seldom frenetic, a metropolis with clean air and a healthy downtown. In short, a city that works." - The New York Times
Old February 3rd, 2011, 02:19 PM   #11
ahmedjam
So Alive

hmmmm well for the national library they opened it, as yesterday's newspaper said.

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it" By Pablo Picasso

Old February 3rd, 2011, 03:00 PM   #12
ahmedjam
So Alive

YES, they opened the national library and here's a post from bananaQ8 blog http://www.bananaq8.com/activities/s...ional-library/

Old February 3rd, 2011, 03:54 PM   #13
CrazY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticTranquility View Post
CrazY, ahmedjam - the Kuwait "Cultural Village" [I think it's called the "Heritage Village" if I'm not mistaken] is a new-build! And yes, it's currently on hold.

CT
lol i was being sarcastic :P
Old February 3rd, 2011, 04:03 PM   #14
ahmedjam
So Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazY View Post
lol i was being sarcastic :P
and I was coping and pasting

Old February 4th, 2011, 09:09 PM   #15
Q80 Virtual Tourist

I've been checking this forum since 2006, but today is my first day I comment. I like this project, but I also side with Chaotic Tranquility regarding the redundancy of restaurant complexes. However, there are tons of historical/cultural places in Kuwait, such as Al-Othman House in Hawali, the American Hospital, Bait Lothan , Al-Bader House, Dickson House, the Red Fortress and Soug Al-Mubarikiya. Some renovated historical places are popping out lately like Bait Ghaith, Al-Bahhar Village, Dar Jehan Museum for Islamic Calligraphy, & the Maritime Museum.

In addition, المجلس الوطني للثقافة والفنون والآداب is working on Khaz'al's palace, which is the first palace in Kuwait. As for the Heritage Village, I've heard that experts found some historic artifacts to be displayed once this project opens. This village is a replica of the old Kuwait City. One of the British Colonels back in the late 50s recommended that the Kuwaiti government keep the old Kuwait City (Sharg, Jibla, Al-Murghab & Al-Wasat) and not demolish it, to preserve its history. However, the only thing left is Bait Al-Bader, Diwan Al-Shamlan, Al-As'oosi, & Bait Ghaith.

As far as art galleries are concerned, there are planty in Kuwait. You have Dar Al-Funoon in Al-Wattya, the Free Atelier, which dates back to 1919, the Modern Art Museum, Bait Lothan, which was built in 1929, Tilal, Gallery, Bu Shihri Gallery, and Sultan Gallery.

Let's not forget, the new Historical Vintage and Classic Cars Museum in Al-Shuwaikh. It showcases vintage cars that were used in Kuwait throughout the years. What about the National Kuwait Library? It was built in 1923. I reckon it's the first in the Arabian Gulf.

Kuwait is culturally rich. I agree with you! The trend nowadays is food complexes and malls. But, we are to blame for that, partially of course. Whenever a new food joint opens, the entire population invades. So, it's profitable. How many people visited the new museums that opened in the last 5 years? those are Bait Ghaith , Bait Al-Othman, Al-Asfoor Museum, Al-Turaiji Museum, the Maritime Museum, and Dar Jehan. How many of us been to the Kuwait House of National Works, which covers Kuwait history and the Iraqi Invasion? Regarding the Islamic art, Tariq Rajab has the best collection. Mohammad Al-Shaibani Museum contains rare manuscripts.

Still, I wish we have more theaters, parks, etc.

The Arabella project looks promising and links to the ambience of Rimal/Al-ARjan Complexes, The Palms/Regency/Radisson Blu. As mentioned above, I hope new cafes/bistros/international cuisine restaurants open there instead of the typical Franchise names like Starbucks/Chillis, etc

Last edited by Q80 Virtual Tourist; February 4th, 2011 at 09:20 PM.
Q80 Virtual Tourist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2011, 11:59 PM   #16
ChaoticTranquility
From Miami to Ibiza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q80 Virtual Tourist View Post
I've been checking this forum since 2006, but today is my first day I comment. I like this project, but I also side with Chaotic Tranquility regarding the redundancy of restaurant complexes. However, there are tons of historical/cultural places in Kuwait, such as Al-Othman House in Hawali, the American Hospital, Bait Lothan , Al-Bader House, Dickson House, the Red Fortress and Soug Al-Mubarikiya. Some renovated historical places are popping out lately like Bait Ghaith, Al-Bahhar Village, Dar Jehan Museum for Islamic Calligraphy, & the Maritime Museum.

In addition, المجلس الوطني للثقافة والفنون والآداب is working on Khaz'al's palace, which is the first palace in Kuwait. As for the Heritage Village, I've heard that experts found some historic artifacts to be displayed once this project opens. This village is a replica of the old Kuwait City. One of the British Colonels back in the late 50s recommended that the Kuwaiti government keep the old Kuwait City (Sharg, Jibla, Al-Murghab & Al-Wasat) and not demolish it, to preserve its history. However, the only thing left is Bait Al-Bader, Diwan Al-Shamlan, Al-As'oosi, & Bait Ghaith.

As far as art galleries are concerned, there are planty in Kuwait. You have Dar Al-Funoon in Al-Wattya, the Free Atelier, which dates back to 1919, the Modern Art Museum, Bait Lothan, which was built in 1929, Tilal, Gallery, Bu Shihri Gallery, and Sultan Gallery.

Let's not forget, the new Historical Vintage and Classic Cars Museum in Al-Shuwaikh. It showcases vintage cars that were used in Kuwait throughout the years. What about the National Kuwait Library? It was built in 1923. I reckon it's the first in the Arabian Gulf.

Kuwait is culturally rich. I agree with you! The trend nowadays is food complexes and malls. But, we are to blame for that, partially of course. Whenever a new food joint opens, the entire population invades. So, it's profitable. How many people visited the new museums that opened in the last 5 years? those are Bait Ghaith , Bait Al-Othman, Al-Asfoor Museum, Al-Turaiji Museum, the Maritime Museum, and Dar Jehan. How many of us been to the Kuwait House of National Works, which covers Kuwait history and the Iraqi Invasion? Regarding the Islamic art, Tariq Rajab has the best collection. Mohammad Al-Shaibani Museum contains rare manuscripts.

Still, I wish we have more theaters, parks, etc.

The Arabella project looks promising and links to the ambience of Rimal/Al-ARjan Complexes, The Palms/Regency/Radisson Blu. As mentioned above, I hope new cafes/bistros/international cuisine restaurants open there instead of the typical Franchise names like Starbucks/Chillis, etc
Q80 Virtual Tourist, I applaud you.

First off, welcome to SSC. I'm surprised you didn't comment sooner but better late than never, eh?

I agree with you, Kuwait is definitely culturally rich. I find it fantastic that you listed a great deal of local cultural institutions; I'll bet a few readers here may never have known about them.

I've been to every art gallery and the majority of the museums you mentioned; and the problems begin here. To begin with, there is virtually no mention of any of these places in any government or authoritative body. If there is, there is very little or poor publicity. Also, the maintenance of some of these places is appalling. The Museum of Modern Art, for instance, has horribly misspelled signs located at the entrance and all over the interior; artist names and nationalities have their spellings butchered, there are no leaflets, no one around to help, information is very scarce... Not to mention the place being a complete ghost town. For a relatively new establishment, it's already showing signs of dilapidation here and there.

About the restoration of the Sheikh Khazaal Diwan, that signboard has been up for a good while now and there is no sign of anything happening on that site. The Heritage Village came to halt years ago because of the archeological discoveries on the site, but then they resumed, completed the physical construction of quite a few buildings and then put the project on hold once again.

I'm asking that the government makes a push to emphasize Kuwait's artistic and creative side. We have some INCREDIBLE young [and old] talent here - be it in the fields of acting, painting, sculpture, design... There's just no decent outlet. A close friend of mine is an absolutely excellent painter who displayed his work at a small, private gallery here last year, spreading his publicity through word of mouth. No major galleries or government authorities came to him or even recognized his work, but international galleries in Europe and the Middle East did.

Imagine if Kuwait repositioned itself to become the artistic capital of the Gulf - now THAT would be something to be very proud of.

Just my two cents.

CT
Old February 5th, 2011, 04:52 AM   #17
ahmedjam
So Alive

Essays am reading ESSAYS, for short i didn't know that we have this amount of museums !!, and to direct our society to ART this is a good, great or even perfect idea, cause ART really develop a lot of brains, Steve Jobs is one of them.

At last but not least, Arabella will create a better idea than a closed place. New franchise, we must be dreaming we have Al-Shayee' Group, and he is in war when it comes to retail stores.

Finally how open our minds are, how creative our projects will be. For example, back in the 60's we were so open, and that was the main reason of our growth back than.

Yes I wrote an essay a short one :P

Old June 14th, 2011, 01:25 AM   #18
kuwaiti tower
KW

Hello kitty (restaurant & cafe ) soon in arabella
http://www.alanba.com.kw/AbsoluteNMN...603&zoneid=201

Deer & dear ( restaurant & cafe ) soon in arabella
http://alwatan.kuwait.tt/ArticleDeta...rQuarter=20112

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Deer & Dear is a kuwaiti brand

Last edited by kuwaiti tower; June 15th, 2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old June 15th, 2011, 09:38 PM   #19
kuwaiti tower
KW

Restaurants and cafes that have been contracted in Arabella

http://www.mbco.ca/
http://www.redlobster.com/
http://www.pizzeriamargherita.com/
http://www.ifancyasnog.com/
http://www.coffeeshopcompany.com/
http://www.relaisentrecote.fr/
http://www.olivegarden.com/
http://www.cariboucoffee.com/
http://www.semsom.com/
http://www.longhornsteakhouse.com/
http://www.altissimodining.com/

From arabella site

Last edited by kuwaiti tower; June 15th, 2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old June 16th, 2011, 04:43 PM   #20
ahmedjam
So Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwaiti tower View Post
Hello kitty (restaurant & cafe ) soon in arabella
http://www.alanba.com.kw/AbsoluteNMN...603&zoneid=201

Deer & dear ( restaurant & cafe ) soon in arabella
http://alwatan.kuwait.tt/ArticleDeta...rQuarter=20112

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Deer & Dear is a kuwaiti brand
God damn it !!!!! The same ugly logo !! Plus a cafe !!!!

So they hired the perfect interior designer < they don't know how to hire the perfect Graphic designer !! And what's next a SPA !! Sorry Off topic.

DR.SHREJMAN liked this post