search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Mumbai > Skyscrapers & Supertalls

Skyscrapers & Supertalls Projects under construction above 200m/650ft tall

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 19th, 2008, 07:46 AM   #1
Jai
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः

Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
Likes (Received): 77

MARINE LINES | India Tower | 720 m | 125 fl | On Hold

Edit -- (Aug, 2010): This tower has been redesigned by Norman Foster. It will be over 100 fl tall / 550m in floor height / 700m at spire height

MUMBAI | DB Tower | 700m | 100+ fls | Site Prep

Here are the renderings of the new design:

First post left below for posterity's sake

========================
( latest design update!)
========================

Xposting from the international forums for the new SSC India Mumbai section.

NOTE: While IU has dug up some information suggesting that the design of DB Tower is the new design of India tower. See the India Tower thread for more details.

=========

Dynamix-Balwas Tower -- Marine Lines, Mumbai

About a year ago, word came out about Mumbai's first proposed supertall skyscraper, the mixed-use 301m, 85 floor (100 floors when you count service floors) India Tower, being built by Neelkamal Realtors in association with Park Hyatt at Marine Lines, Mumbai.

^ India Tower

Neelkamal, the developers of the above tower, also announced a new tower a couple weeks ago. To be built by Dynamix-Balwas group, Neelkamal's parent company, the 260m, 64 floor Dynamic-Balwas Tower:

Some information on the tower from the developer's website:
Quote:
Salient Features

* Fitness Centre
* Cafeteria
* Power Back-up For Common Areas

Internal Amenities
* Earthquake Resistant Structure
* Built - To - Suit Options Available
* 4m. Floor To Floor Ceiling Heigh
* Façade With Structural Glazing/cladding
* Flat Slab Construction
* Wide Column Spacing
* Large Floor Plates
* Broadband Connectivity
* Telephone Connections Of All Networks Possible
* Leased
* High Speed Elevator
* Ample Car Parking
* Provision For Air Cooled VRV System, in Separate Room On Each Floor
* Smoke Detectors
* Fire Alarm System
* Sprinkler System
While only one rendering of this tower has been released, and no word of architect yet, this second tower is an all-residential building. It will occupy a prime waterfront location on Marine Lines, located off Marine Drive on the "Queens Necklace" and Chowpati beach next to India Tower.

^ A rendering of India Tower looking south toward historic Mumbai. DB Tower will come up beside it.

Both towers are coming up on former chawl land right next to Mumbai's historic districts, somewhat isolating them from the growing Wori-Tadeo-Parel cluster, making DB and India Tower probably the most visible skyscrapers in Mumbai.

^ A slightly larger rendering

The link to this building on the Indian Skyscraper Blog
Cheers,
Jai

VK liked this post

Last edited by IU; August 13th, 2010 at 06:21 AM.
Jai no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2008, 08:04 AM   #2
Jai

Cross posting some relevant posts of member IndiansUnite's awesome detective work from the Mumbai Projects thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiansUnite View Post
You've mixed 2 projects up. SRUIL's constructing the 320m residential tower in Worli while DB realty's constructing the DB tower in Marine Lines.

anyways, I actually did call SRUIL up the other night. The lady who picked up the phone rubbished my claim that the project had been announced. She gave me no timetable but said that they'll reveal the height and renderings through ads in the newspapers.
Quote:
DB realty has put up a new rendering of the DB tower :

clicky

I called DB up to gather more details but the headstrong sales lady didn't want to give away any right now. She said that it'll be a residential project and not a commercial one as we had earlier thought it would be.
Quote:
The sales lady at DB gave me a cold reception as she didn't want to divulge any details. I did infact ask her about the architect and other things but she said she couldn't tell me right now.

If the guy at SEW does indeed send the renderings to me then I'll request his permission to post it here. After that, maybe I'll request him to send me the renderings of the mumbai metro stations since SEW is the one who is building them.
Quote:
bhailog, I spoke with the principal architect of Fxfowle a couple of minutes ago. Sorry to disappoint you guys but he said that the India tower and the DB towers are the same towers. Just to make sure, I directed him to DB's website and he confirmed that they are the same towers with the "DB towers" rendering reflecting the design chosen. That leaves Marine Lines with just one tower and not two side by side.

This design is the obsolete one:

and this one is the one that been selected by DB realty to house apartments and the Hyatt hotel:

Now for the details:

- DB towers will retain the height of the India tower and will stand @ 301m.
- The number of floors he said will be 60+. He laid emphasis and reiterated "+"
- I told him about the rumour of it being 80-100 fl but he said that couldn't be true since he was the one who designed em.
- He said that right now, secant piling work is going on at the site.

- He's also the one who designed the Ruby Mills tower. As expected it'll have 30+ floors. Once again, he laid emphasis and reiterated "+".

- I asked him about any other towers being designed to be built in Mumbai by fxfowle and he said there are MANY more towers

...and the plot thickens... We'll have to see what comes of all this. Has India Tower become DB Tower? Will the design of India Tower be recycled?

-Jai
Old April 20th, 2008, 09:45 PM   #3
Cov Boy
Cov Boy

Likes (Received): 60

Im confused, so which building is the actual design then?
Cov Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 10:06 PM   #4
Jai

The actual design, it seems, is this one: DB Tower (the one with the 'sail', not the rotated blocks)
Old April 20th, 2008, 10:11 PM   #5
Hindustani

Likes (Received): 602

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cov Boy View Post
Im confused, so which building is the actual design then?
"foleded Letter falling out of the envelope" is approved.

I wish both could have be built but dont worry, I wouldn't be surprise if rotated blocks design actually gets built like mile down the road in future.
Hindustani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 11:19 PM   #6
Cov Boy
Cov Boy

Likes (Received): 60

Ahhhhhhh thats what I thought as the posts where confusing as one of them said confirmed.

I like both designs, hope they dont change their minds again and design something completely different.
Cov Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 11:36 PM   #7
zhiemi
sitz, it is.

Likes (Received): 11

So, construction of a 300+ m building isn't in the offing yet Let's hope the proposed supertalls are approved pronto.
zhiemi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 05:07 AM   #8
IU
->

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhiemi View Post
So, construction of a 300+ m building isn't in the offing yet Let's hope the proposed supertalls are approved pronto.
It still is. The project hasn't been cancelled but the design got changed from the box one to the sail one. The sail one will be as tall as the box one @301m.

_______

from DB's website, an awesome rendering with all of DB realty's towers juxtaposed:

from left to right--> orchid breeze,orchid enclave, DB tower,Orchid woods(3 towers),orchid turfview
IU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 05:23 AM   #9
Jai

cool pic, but I wish they didn't exaggerate the height of the building in the images.

Simple fix: build it taller
Old April 25th, 2008, 06:42 AM   #10
Hindustani

Likes (Received): 602

Wow!! love it. That envelope is really falling out of its folder looks like.

Quote:
It still is. The project hasn't been cancelled but the design got changed from the box one to the sail one. The sail one will be as tall as the box one @301m.

_______

from DB's website, an awesome rendering with all of DB realty's towers juxtaposed:

from left to right--> orchid breeze,orchid enclave, DB tower,Orchid woods(3 towers),orchid turfview
Hindustani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 09:37 AM   #11
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 758

Unlike the Park Hyatt tower, the Dynamix-Balwas tower's location on Google Earth cannot be determined.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #12
IU
->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post
Unlike the Park Hyatt tower, the Dynamix-Balwas tower's location on Google Earth cannot be determined.
Jim, the Park Hyatt tower/India tower is the DB tower
Old April 26th, 2008, 05:19 AM   #13
Jim856796

What the F? They're located on the same site? We can't build both of these towers. First post said that the tower will come up beside the Park Hyatt India Tower.

Old April 26th, 2008, 06:24 AM   #14
IU
->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post
What the F? They're located on the same site? We can't build both of these towers. First post said that the tower will come up beside the Park Hyatt India Tower.

As Jai's post says, he simply copied the contents of the thread from the international forums. At the time he wrote it, we had thought that there were two buildings coming up. I spoke with the principal architect of FxFowle and he told me that the box design is the old one while DB realty has chosen the sail design. Read the quoted post of mine in this thread which starts like "bhailog, I spoke with the " to know more.
Old April 26th, 2008, 07:51 AM   #15
TdotTdot

Likes (Received): 64

wakakka i like the box design better!
TdotTdot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 08:46 PM   #16
Jim856796

I hate this tower. I wanted a supertall for Mumbai. The sail design is so screwed up.

Old May 22nd, 2008, 02:16 AM   #17
jubin
chembur ka chokra

Likes (Received): 47

DNA: Towering Battle

Towering Battle

Quote:
You thought 60-storey is the highest one can go up in the city? You were wrong. A 75-storey world-class hotel-cum-residential tower is coming up in Charni Road

The battle of builders is reaching for the sky. Determined to ‘tower’ over Shapoorji Pallonji-Dilip Thakkar, developers of India’s first skyscraper - a 60-storey twin tower in Tardeo, Neelkamal Realtors, a subsidiary of the low-profile Dynamix Balwa Group, is coming up with a 75-storey world-class hotel-cum-residential tower in Charni Road.

Located a stone’s throw away from Charni Road station and SK Patil Udyan on Maharshi Karve Road, the 75-storey building, scheduled to be completed in 2011, will cost Rs1,100-crore, and will be managed by Park Hyatt.

With a built-up space of 9 lakh sq ft, the tower, coming up on the plot where Ruby Garage once stood, will offer a panoramic view of the Arabian Sea. Vinod Goenka, chairman of DB Group, said, “Construction will be in full swing after the rains. We are awaiting the state government’s decision as to how much floor space index (FSI) we can consume, since the plot falls in the Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ).”

As per ministry of environment and forests (MoEF) rules on CRZ, a developer under the 1991 development control rules (DCR )can get an FSI of only 1.33. But Goenka is not a worried man. He has started work, using the sanctioned FSI of 1, but is certain of getting a much higher FSI.

He is confident because the Supreme Court, in December 2007, directed the state to consider Goenka’s request for an FSI upto 6.29. The apex court passed the order on a petition filed by Goenka seeking higher FSI, based on the 1967 DCR instead of the prevailing 1991 DCR.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:45 AM   #18
IU
->

Quote:
Located a stone’s throw away from Charni Road station and SK Patil Udyan on Maharshi Karve Road, the 75-storey building scheduled to be completed in 2011,, will cost Rs1,100-crore, and will be managed by Park Hyatt.
Vinod Goenka, chairman of DB Group, said, “Construction will be in full swing after the rains.
Awesome

Here's an image of a part of the site from DNA's epaper. The fxfowle architect lied to me that secant piling work was taking place.

Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:04 AM   #19
Jai

Could be a dated photo?
Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:14 AM   #20
IU
->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai View Post
Could be a dated photo?
Could be. But I'd imagine that the photographer got access to the site while the journo was in the midst of covering the story.