daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 8th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #461
Letniczka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandax View Post
Taiwan can't be included because its not part of China.
Of course Taiwan is a part of China. It's not a part of the People's Republic of China, but it still belongs to China. A different political system doesn't mean anything, since only people, their habits, language, economical, financial relationships count. Same as Hongkong's "one country - two systems". The only one important difference is; Hongkong and the PRC have one army, Taiwan and the PRC have two. But who cares. Belongs Japan to USA or Australia due to their defence matters?
Taiwan's economy depends mainly on Mainland today, so would Beijing cut all connections, Taiwan would fall and no one would want to help. One competitor even less! We live not in the 1950s more as everything changed in the past 20 years - in Europa, in Arab countries, and in China too.
Letniczka no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #462
Mr.Falcon
Bonito Esteticamente

Likes (Received): 4362

So Zurich is in Germany

Tandax, Highcliff liked this post
Mr.Falcon está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #463
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18176

Taiwan and Hong Kong are a part of China, but the CAAC only governs airports in mainland China, thus will not have Taiwanese or Hong Kong data. People need to seek separate sources to piece together the big picture.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

Highcliff liked this post
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 04:36 AM   #464
Tandax

Likes (Received): 451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letniczka View Post
Of course Taiwan is a part of China. It's not a part of the People's Republic of China, but it still belongs to China. A different political system doesn't mean anything, since only people, their habits, language, economical, financial relationships count. Same as Hongkong's "one country - two systems". The only one important difference is; Hongkong and the PRC have one army, Taiwan and the PRC have two. But who cares. Belongs Japan to USA or Australia due to their defence matters?
Taiwan's economy depends mainly on Mainland today, so would Beijing cut all connections, Taiwan would fall and no one would want to help. One competitor even less! We live not in the 1950s more as everything changed in the past 20 years - in Europa, in Arab countries, and in China too.
So by your logic, South Korea is part of North Korea then and why would Beijing cut all connections with Taiwan and why would no one want to help?

Taiwan sovereignty has always been a sensitive issue and unfortunately the UN have not recognized as its own country. The reason why the UN did not mention anything about Taiwan's sovereignty is because China has a veto power in UN and China wanted to claim Taiwan as part of China. But the truth is, China has no power or any control over Taiwan (unlike HK and Macau) and the ROC Taiwan has never been under the jurisdiction of PRC China.

Whatever you believe, just don't ever mention to the citizens of Taiwan that Taiwan is part of China.
Old April 9th, 2013, 04:46 AM   #465
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
So by your logic, South Korea is part of North Korea then and why would Beijing cut all connections with Taiwan and why would no one want to help?

Taiwan sovereignty has always been a sensitive issue and unfortunately the UN have not recognized as its own country. The reason why the UN did not mention anything about Taiwan's sovereignty is because China has a veto power in UN and China wanted to claim Taiwan as part of China. But the truth is, China has no power or any control over Taiwan (unlike HK and Macau) and the ROC Taiwan has never been under the jurisdiction of PRC China.

Whatever you believe, just don't ever mention to the citizens of Taiwan that Taiwan is part of China.
There are flights between mainland China and Taiwan. I have a thread about the development on these flights right here in this section.

The fact is, only a handful of countries recognize Taipei over Beijing. The vast majority of the international community recognize Beijing as the sole legitimate government of China, and this stance is repeated across international NGO's as well.

The ROC is merely in name only. The Nationalists lost the civil war and thought they had a legitimate claim to break off in a distant province. However, this is actually contradictory, as even the Taiwan vehicle license plates clearly state they are Taiwan Province, meaning Taipei still believes in reunification with the mainland with the Nationalists back in power.

Think some people don't understand the political situation and jump to misinformed quick conclusions.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

Old April 9th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #466
Tandax

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
The fact is, only a handful of countries recognize Taipei over Beijing. The vast majority of the international community recognize Beijing as the sole legitimate government of China, and this stance is repeated across international NGO's as well.

The ROC is merely in name only. The Nationalists lost the civil war and thought they had a legitimate claim to break off in a distant province. However, this is actually contradictory, as even the Taiwan vehicle license plates clearly state they are Taiwan Province, meaning Taipei still believes in reunification with the mainland with the Nationalists back in power.

Think some people don't understand the political situation and jump to misinformed quick conclusions.
The reason why Taiwan won't get recognized by the international community is because China will put diplomatic pressures and sanctions on countries that want to recognize Taiwan as an independent country and of course no country would want to do that because every country wants to do business with China

Although the relations between ROC and PRC have improved in recent times, this doesn't mean reunification will happen anytime soon. In fact, you couldn't be further from the truth, i have lived in Taiwan for over 2 years and i can assure you the overwhelming vast majority of Taiwanese do not want reunification. They are proud of their national identity, democracy and their human rights which China have an appalling record.

Like i said before, PRC have never set foot in Taiwan and they never will and due to PRC's claim of sovereignty over Taiwan and repeated military threats, a formal declaration of independence from ROC could lead to an all out war and you can bet your bottom dollar the military of ROC will fight tooth and nail to the death for Taiwan and their big ally, the mighty United States of America will be helping them too.

So really China is just a big bully and as for misinformed quick conclusions, i understand you are obviously a PRC one-country supporter and i am not, so i respect your views and you respect mine OK.

isaidso liked this post
Tandax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #467
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
The reason why Taiwan won't get recognized by the international community is because China will put diplomatic pressures and sanctions on countries that want to recognize Taiwan as an independent country and of course no country would want to do that because every country wants to do business with China

Although the relations between ROC and PRC have improved in recent times, this doesn't mean reunification will happen anytime soon. In fact, you couldn't be further from the truth, i have lived in Taiwan for over 2 years and i can assure you the overwhelming vast majority of Taiwanese do not want reunification. They are proud of their national identity, democracy and their human rights which China have an appalling record.

Like i said before, PRC have never set foot in Taiwan and they never will and due to PRC's claim of sovereignty over Taiwan and repeated military threats, a formal declaration of independence from ROC could lead to an all out war and you can bet your bottom dollar the military of ROC will fight tooth and nail to the death for Taiwan and their big ally, the mighty United States of America will be helping them too.

So really China is just a big bully and as for misinformed quick conclusions, i understand you are obviously a PRC one-country supporter and i am not, so i respect your views and you respect mine OK.
China as a nation has always included Taiwan. Taiwan was clearly imperial territory during Qing Dynasty times, the last dynasty before the republican revolution. The fact that a different political party took over China after the revolution and subsequent civil war does not mean suddenly Taiwan left China. This is not the Nationalists' stance, who insist to this day they want to be the legitimate ruler of China, but until that can happen (which will not), they have to settle that Taiwan is ruled by them, not by the Communist Party.

No succession ever took place. The Nationalists lost the civil war, and retreated in disgrace to Taiwan. They have no legitimate legal claim, as losers of the civil war, to declare independence when they are no longer a legitimate ruling government. They're lucky the Communists never bothered to march to Taiwan to weed them out, but the fact that it was not done is not an attestation of any independence claims. The Nationalists were just lucky.

The One China policy is widely accepted worldwide. I would doubt China can effectively bully the US to accept it, definitely not in the 1970's when relations normalized and China was a poor agricultural nation.

Old April 11th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #468
Joseph85

Likes (Received): 6119

Air Lease Corporation Announces the Placement of Six New Boeing 737-800s with Aerolíneas Argentinas

Today Air Lease Corporation (AL) announced a lease agreement with Aerolíneas Argentinas for six new Boeing 737-800 aircraft, each on lease for twelve years. The aircraft are scheduled for delivery between November 2014 and February 2016.

“ALC continues to expand our relationships globally with airlines that have strong operational and growth plans. We are pleased to add Aerolíneas Argentinas as a new customer and look forward to working with them in the years to come,” said Matt Stevens, Air Lease Corporation’s Marketing Manager of Latin America.

“For the last four years Aerolíneas Argentinas has been committed to a solid business plan focusing on our domestic and regional core route network. As the fleet renewal continues, the Boeing 737 NG has been introduced with excellent results. Aerolíneas Argentinas is proud to welcome six new Boeing 737-800 NG from ALC. We look forward to a long term and productive business relationship with the leading and prestigious lessor,” said Sergio García Gómez, Manager of Fleet Planning and Financial Restructuring at Aerolíneas Argentinas.

Forward-Looking Statements

This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including expected delivery dates. Such statements are based on current expectations and projections about our future results, prospects and opportunities and are not guarantees of future performance. Such statements will not be updated unless required by law. Actual results and performance may differ materially from those expressed or forecasted in forward-looking statements due to a number of factors, including those discussed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

About Air Lease Corporation (AL)

ALC is an aircraft leasing company based in Los Angeles, California that has airline customers throughout the world. ALC and its team of dedicated and experienced professionals are principally engaged in purchasing commercial aircraft and leasing them to its airline partners worldwide through customized aircraft leasing and financing solutions. For more information, visit ALC's website at www.airleasecorp.com.

About Aerolíneas Argentinas

Founded in 1950, Aerolíneas Argentinas is one of the leading South American carriers. From its home bases in Aeroparque Jorge Newbery and Ezeiza International Airport in Buenos Aires, Aerolíneas Argentinas flies to 18 international destinations in The Americas, Europe and the South Pacific. Along with Austral Líneas Aéreas, Aerolíneas operates flights to 35 destinations in Argentina, flying to more cities in the Argentine territory than any other airline. Aerolíneas provides dynamic links between Argentina and the region through its relaunched hub in Aeroparque Jorge Newbery city airport. The Aerolíneas group is carrying out an ambitious fleet renewal program.

Link: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/air-le...203100132.html
Old April 12th, 2013, 04:50 AM   #469
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10972

Quote:
China as a nation has always included Taiwan.
Not according to the Taiwanese. There's a reason why Taiwan has a huge military, they don't want to end up like Tibet.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898

Tandax, n20 liked this post
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 09:29 AM   #470
Леонид
Espartano

Likes (Received): 872

hello guys .. i have two flight reports I want to post .. Dubai to San Pedro Sula(Honduras) and San Pedro Sula (Honduras) back to dubai .. many airports and airlines in between .. but how do I name the thread in order to follow the forum rules?

REPORT | #C: DXB-SAP - Various carriers: Dubai to San Pedro Sula - Return

Airports visited:
SAP - TGU - RTB - LCE - SAL - SJO - MIA - IAH - MFE - ATL - EWR - ALC - MAD - BCN - SVQ - FCO - BVA - VLC - BRQ - BTS - DOH - DXB - MXP - JFK - MEX - LHR - IAD - GUA - GDL - TPA - MCI - IND - DFW - GJT - DEN - FLL

My 10 top planes:
A340-600 / B777-300 / A330-300 / B787 / B747 / A350 / A380 / B727 / B737 / EMB190
Леонид no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #471
bubbalo

Likes (Received): 924

[IMG]http://i45.************/29zsugy.png[/IMG]

www.sercan.de, geometarkv liked this post
bubbalo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #472
Tandax

Quote:
China as a nation has always included Taiwan. Taiwan was clearly imperial territory during Qing Dynasty times, the last dynasty before the republican revolution. The fact that a different political party took over China after the revolution and subsequent civil war does not mean suddenly Taiwan left China. This is not the Nationalists' stance, who insist to this day they want to be the legitimate ruler of China, but until that can happen (which will not), they have to settle that Taiwan is ruled by them, not by the Communist Party.

No succession ever took place. The Nationalists lost the civil war, and retreated in disgrace to Taiwan. They have no legitimate legal claim, as losers of the civil war, to declare independence when they are no longer a legitimate ruling government. They're lucky the Communists never bothered to march to Taiwan to weed them out, but the fact that it was not done is not an attestation of any independence claims. The Nationalists were just lucky.

The One China policy is widely accepted worldwide. I would doubt China can effectively bully the US to accept it, definitely not in the 1970's when relations normalized and China was a poor agricultural nation.
Always? You forgot to mention Japan annexed Taiwan in the first sino-japanese war in the 1890's from the Qing Dynasty and ruled the island for 50 years. The Taiwanese also fought for the Japanese during colonial rule against China during the second sino-japanese war and WW2.

I was living in Taiwan when the big earthquake/tsunami strucked north east japan 2 years ago and was pleasantly surprised to see Taiwan was by far the biggest aid donor to Japan while China gave didley squat. Pretty impressive for a small island 'country' of just 23 million people and that positive sentiment towards the Japanese convinced me that if the Taiwanese have a choice to reunify between China and Japan, they would choose the latter.

History, politics and our views aside, its fair to say ultimately, its the citizens of Taiwan that have the final say and i'm afraid to say that they certainly do not think their island is part of China, at least not under PRC.

And i will not continue with this debate anymore.

n20 liked this post
Tandax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #473
mthatcher
BANNED

Likes (Received): 12

Thank you very much for the interestings stadistics!!

But has anyone the stadistics from the busiest airports 2013 yet?

thank u
mthatcher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #474
bubbalo

[IMG]http://i33.************/2z5vg5e.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i36.************/30ur85h.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i34.************/hv5keo.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i38.************/5fgc95.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i35.************/2w51553.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i35.************/2zedqtf.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i38.************/2n245qa.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i36.************/32zhymh.png[/IMG]

Old April 25th, 2013, 07:00 AM   #475
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Always? You forgot to mention Japan annexed Taiwan in the first sino-japanese war in the 1890's from the Qing Dynasty and ruled the island for 50 years. The Taiwanese also fought for the Japanese during colonial rule against China during the second sino-japanese war and WW2.

I was living in Taiwan when the big earthquake/tsunami strucked north east japan 2 years ago and was pleasantly surprised to see Taiwan was by far the biggest aid donor to Japan while China gave didley squat. Pretty impressive for a small island 'country' of just 23 million people and that positive sentiment towards the Japanese convinced me that if the Taiwanese have a choice to reunify between China and Japan, they would choose the latter.

History, politics and our views aside, its fair to say ultimately, its the citizens of Taiwan that have the final say and i'm afraid to say that they certainly do not think their island is part of China, at least not under PRC.

And i will not continue with this debate anymore.
Japanese rule over Taiwan ended when Japan surrendered in World War II. Taiwan reverted back to Chinese rule, then under the Nationalist government, and civil war resumed in China.

There is no empirical evidence that Taiwan is willing to be annexed as a Japanese province going forward. Whether disaster aid is big or small has nothing to do with this. The Europeans donate a lot of aid money to Africa every year, but that does not mean the African recipients are going to overthrow their governments and pledge their allegiance to Europe.

The Nationalists have always believed they are or will be the legitimate government over all Chinese lands. They just need to cope with the fact that they have sought refuge in Taiwan for now. They don't recognize the Communist government because they lost the civil war.

Again, the question is, would the Republicans have a legitimate claim to declare independence for a particular state if the Democrats got to the White House?

While this stalemate continues, analysts just need to cope with gathering data from multiple sources in the meantime.

Old April 28th, 2013, 10:53 AM   #476
Skyline_

Likes (Received): 985

So, no one knows which is the largest airport in the world.... (land size, number of runways, gates etc.). OK....
Skyline_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2013, 12:55 PM   #477
bubbalo

Number of runways:
ORD and DFW = 7 runways each
[IMG]http://i40.************/xglieh.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i43.************/zvza8j.png[/IMG]
DEN, AMS, BOS and DTW = 6 runways each
[IMG]http://i44.************/2r41i0g.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i41.************/21cecud.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i41.************/vgpxmp.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i41.************/6jk2vr.png[/IMG]
ATL, IAH, YYZ and soon to be PVG
[IMG]http://i41.************/a48yg.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i41.************/22hv2s.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i43.************/1qolc8.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i41.************/316t08l.png[/IMG]
LAX, SFO, JFK, MIA, MAD, CDG, HND, MEM = 4 runways each
[IMG]http://i39.************/sy04eg.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i42.************/2uerwhk.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.************/2guw9bl.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i39.************/5fma8g.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i41.************/124j62g.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i40.************/2a4wf46.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i42.************/315csoo.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i39.************/334lp2a.png[/IMG]
and more

Last edited by bubbalo; April 28th, 2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old April 29th, 2013, 07:30 AM   #478
ROLIM

Likes (Received): 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_ View Post
So, no one knows which is the largest airport in the world.... (land size, number of runways, gates etc.). OK....
The largest airports in the world (in terms of land area) are in the Arabic peninsula:

1- King Fadh International Airport, code (IATA/ICAO): DMM/OEDF.
Land area: 780 km2, 78,000 hectares. (About 301 square miles).

2- King Khaled international Airport, code: RUH/OERK.
Land area: 225 km2, 22,500 has. (86 sq. miles).

3- The new Dubai World Central Airport, code: DWC/OMDW.
Location: Jebel Ali (44 km south of Dubai), United Arab Emirates.
Land area: 140 km2, 14,000 has. (55 sq. miles).
(Airport still under constuction).

- The largest airport in America (4th in the World) is:

4- Denver International Airport (DIA), code: DEN/KDEN.
Location: 25 miles (40 km) northeast of Denver, Colorado. U.S.A.
Land Area: 54 square miles = 138 km2, or 33,400 acres = 13,759 has.

- Between 1975-1989, the largest airport in the world was:
Mirabel International Airport, code: YMX/CYMX, located 24 miles (39 km) northwest of Montreal, Quebec. Canada. Land area: 98,000 acres = 39,660 hectares (396.6 km2), but since 1989, their land area is only 17,000 acres = 6,900 hectares (69 km2).

The largest airport passenger terminal in the world are:

1- Dubai International Airport, code DXB/OMDB. Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Terminal 3; area: 1,185,000 sq. meters (12,000,000 sq. feet.).

2- Beijing Capital International Airport, code: PEK/ZBAA, Beijing, China.
Terminal 3; area: 986,000 m2 (10,610,000 sq. ft.).

geometarkv liked this post
ROLIM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #479
Skyline_

Likes (Received): 985

1- King Fadh International Airport, code (IATA/ICAO): DMM/OEDF.
Land area: 780 km2, 78,000 hectares. (About 301 square miles).

That is as big as a city, not an airport. 780 km2 means dimensions like 20X39 km, or 28X28 km. Are you sure those numbers are correct? Does that include anything inside the perimeter of the airport or does it include the surface of each floor of all terminals? I am confused...
Skyline_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #480
ROLIM

Likes (Received): 194

King Fadh International Airport. All figures are correct. Total land area is 780 km2, ("as big as a city"). Currently, the airport occupies only a fraction of this area. You can check this information on many links, such as:
www.airport-technology.com/projects/
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/bigge...the-world.html
http://www.ask.com/question/what-is-...t-in-the-world
and more...

Satellite view of the airport:
[IMG]http://i43.************/29bf2v.jpg[/IMG]
tinypic

ROLIM no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
airport