daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 5th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #501
bozenBDJ
the World Trade Center

Likes (Received): 9721

Please Moderators, change the title of this thread to :

KNO | Kuala Namu International Airport
bozenBDJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #502
Jetblast_ALC
mierda! han matado a Keny

Likes (Received): 2882

Spanish airports 12-month rolling statistics:

[+]

Highcliff liked this post
Jetblast_ALC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #503
Godius
Nitimur in vetitum

Likes (Received): 4069

Quote:
Sightseers park to watch a Stratocruiser taxi across an underpass in Queens, New York, March 1951.
PHOTOGRAPH BY B. ANTHONY STEWART, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC

Old June 17th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #504
bubbalo

Likes (Received): 924

Interesting news for APRIL:
Dubai airport crossed 60 mil. passengers line in 2013-04 on 12-month rolling basis, the same Vnukovo airport (surpassing 10. mil passengers) and Phuket airport (also surpassing 10 mil. passengers), Sabiha Gökçen crossed 15 mil. passengers and second Bangkok airport Don Mueang airport started gaining passengers in OCT12 when domestic flight were transfered from BKK, and now surpassing 10 mil. passenger.

Interesting news for MAY:
Guangzhou airport crossed 50 mil. passengers line in 2013-05 on 12-month rolling basis
the same with Mexico City airport (crossing 30 mil. passengers) and Cancun Airport (surpassing 15 mil. passengers)
Madrid airport dropped below 42 mil. passengers

geometarkv, Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by bubbalo; June 17th, 2013 at 02:33 PM.
bubbalo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #505
Joseph85

Likes (Received): 6119

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Joseph85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #506
bozenBDJ
the World Trade Center

Garuda Indonesia Looking At The A380 And 747

Quote:
Garuda Indonesia is considering the purchase of the A380 or 747-8i in partnership with its government to help ferry religious pilgrims to Saudi Arabia.

> Garuda want three to five VLA's for the Hajj Trips
> Garuda is evaluating both A380 and 747-8i
> A purchase may come "very soon"
> First delivery in 2015
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ajj-trips.html
Old June 20th, 2013, 02:57 AM   #507
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8961

Didn´t we have a thread about aircraft manufacturer ATR here?! I can´t find it anymore.
What Is Love?
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #508
Jetblast_ALC
mierda! han matado a Keny

Likes (Received): 2882

MAD vs. BCN

Jetblast_ALC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #509
bubbalo

Likes (Received): 924

This chart shows world traffic development in passenger service since 2000. It’s almost impossible to gain data from all airports since year 2000, so for example year 2001 consists of 349 airport of which i was able to collect data, year 2002 consists of 362 airports ect.

In year 2000-2002 are mostly included american airport, british, spanish, italian, german and french airports, also south korean, indian and australian airports. In year 2003 i added several brazilian and thailandian airports. Yeah 2004 brought malaysian airports. In 2006 i added mexican airports and japanese airports. Year 2007 shows adition of east chinese airports, 2009 then taiwan airports. In year 2008 i added turkish airports. Latest adition are mostly smaller airports such as cambodian, indonesian, philliphenian, carribean, african and east european airports.

We can notice that airports before 2004 are mostly european and american, and those airports are recently in recession, they are dragging world traffic down. On the other hand newly added airports, especially from asia or middle east are booming and making passenger growth.

Jetblast_ALC, Highcliff liked this post
bubbalo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 03:21 AM   #510
agent007agent007

Likes (Received): 0

Cool
agent007agent007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #511
bogdymol
bogdymod

Is there a thread around here dedicated to Airshows? There was a small airshow in my hometown today and I wanted to share some pictures with you.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #512
shyaman
waaaahhh!!!

Likes (Received): 1313

The World, Traced by Airport Runways

NOW this is a map with a difference. Lacking the usual borders, terrain outlines or country names of standard maps, it's instead comprised of a series of dots. These dots pinpoint the locations of the world's 45,132 runways, airports and helicopter pads, painting an interesting picture.

Created by James Davenport, a PhD candidate in astronomy at the University of Washington, it shows just how many airports are situated in affluent countries such as the US, while most of the rest of the world seems to fade away.

Source

shyaman's travels
Argentina • Australia [NSW-NT-QLD-VIC] • Austria • Brazil • Cambodia • Canada [ON-QC] • Chile • China • Cuba • Czech Republic • Egypt • France • Germany • Hong Kong • India • Indonesia • Italy • Japan • Macau • Malaysia • Mexico • Myanmar • Netherlands • Nepal • New Zealand • Peru • Philippines • Singapore • Spain • Thailand • United Arab Emirates • United Kingdom [England-Scotland] • United States [AZ-CA-DC-IL-NV-NY] • Uruguay • Vietnam

shyaman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #513
ukiyo
スーパーモデレーターSuper Moderator

Likes (Received): 10654

Japanese airports the most on time in the world

The top ten performers among the world's busiest airports were:

1 Tokyo (HND) 95.04%
2 Tokyo (NRT) 86.38%
3 Amsterdam (AMS) 83.52%
4 Munich (MUC) 83.35%
5 Seattle (SEA) 82.77%
6 Minneapolis (MSP) 80.61%
7 Toronto (YYZ) 80.06%
8 Phoenix (PHX) 78.42%
9 Madrid (MAD) 78.08%
10 Singapore (SIN) 77.89%

The Worst airports in the world for on time performance were:

Istanbul 38.02%
Shanghai 28.72%
Beijing 18.30%

Here is a list of the on-time departure performance for the ten best performing large Asian airports:

1 Osaka (ITM) 95.88%
2 Tokyo (HND) 95.04%
3 Nagoya (NGO) 93.66%
4 Sapporo (CTS) 93.47%
5 Fukuoka (FUK) 91.88%
6 Okinawa (OKA) 91.82%
7 Jeju (CJU) 91.35%
8 Osaka (KIX) 90.66%
9 Tokyo (NRT) 86.38%
10 Seoul (GMP) 85.60%

http://www.flightstats.com/go/story.do?id=1061
ukiyo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #514
ad50939
Need vacation....

Likes (Received): 15

That's not surprising. Typical China's style, boosting no. 1 hardware (infrastructure), yet crappy software (management).

Those two airports are not good. Avoid them if you have alternatives.

The followings are extracted from BBC News:

China's major airports have the worst flight delays in the world, a report from travel industry monitor FlightStats says.

According to figures from around the world in June, Beijing and Shanghai airports came bottom for on-time flights, the US-based firm said.

Eight of the 10 worst-performing Asian airlines in terms of delays were Chinese carriers, the report added.

Among 35 major international airports, the report ranked Beijing Capital International Airport lowest for on-time performance. It figure for on-time departures was 18.30%, with 42.02% of flights falling under the "excessive" category - a delay of 45 minutes or more. This means that only a fifth of the flights left on time and close to half of flights were delayed for 45 minutes or more.

The Shanghai Pudong International Airport, second from bottom, fared slightly better, with on-time flight departures at 28.72%. Under the "excessive" category, it scored 34.22%.

Meanwhile, China United Airlines was ranked the worst-performing among the 41 Asian airlines listed on the report, with just over a quarter of its flight performing on time.

The Asian airline with the best on-time rate was South Korea's Air Busan, with a near-perfect 96.77%.
ad50939 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #515
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18136

There are no alternatives to Beijing or Shanghai. I tend to be quite picky with my flights to either city. I make sure I get out by mid-afternoon from Beijing.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #516
ad50939
Need vacation....

Likes (Received): 15

I was talking about the case if you are considering transit via Beijing or Shanghai, give a second thought.

The Chinese Airlines and the ATC together makes these two airport lousy hubs.
ad50939 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #517
bozenBDJ
the World Trade Center

Please Moderators, change the title of this thread to :

IDN | Indonesian Airports
Old July 16th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #518
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2771

Quote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,2913545.story

O'Hare gains on Atlanta airport in 'world's busiest' race
Tribune exclusive

Jon Hilkevitch Tribune reporter
2:35 p.m. CDT, July 16, 2013

An increase in flights this year has helped O’Hare International Airport narrow the gap with arch-rival Atlanta for the title “world’s busiest airport,’’ and air-traffic controllers in Chicago predict O’Hare will soon retake the top spot with help from a new runway opening this fall.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport wrestled the top honor away from O’Hare in 2005 and has retained it ever since, according to the official flight count by the Federal Aviation Administration.........

In the first six months of 2013, Atlanta handled 453,800 takeoffs and landings, while O’Hare accommodated 426,800 flights, a preliminary FAA tally shows.

Atlanta has also topped O'Hare in the number of passengers served annually in recent years. A preliminary passenger count for the first half of 2013 is not yet available.

Despite the 27,000-flight cushion for Atlanta so far this year, an increasing volume of flights at O’Hare over the last two months is trending to make it a horse race.

In May and June, Atlanta had a total of 157,000 flights to O’Hare’s 154,200, for a difference of only 2,800 flights over the two months.

For the full 2012, a total of 930,098 flights operated at Atlanta, versus 878,108 at O’Hare, FAA statistics show...........
Old July 17th, 2013, 07:02 AM   #519
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6840

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad50939 View Post
I was talking about the case if you are considering transit via Beijing or Shanghai, give a second thought.

The Chinese Airlines and the ATC together makes these two airport lousy hubs.
yes I had one experience where I transited from Beijing to US. The first flight arrived late so it ended up they used a special car to ship us directly to the next gate.

big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 07:04 AM   #520
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6840

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
There are no alternatives to Beijing or Shanghai. I tend to be quite picky with my flights to either city. I make sure I get out by mid-afternoon from Beijing.
If you travel inside mainland China you can choose HSR. HSR is my first choice whenever available. They are cheaper, convenient and never delaying.
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
airport