daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 3rd, 2014, 04:13 PM   #761
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10972

You're completely out to lunch. Amongst globe trotters, Montreal sits at the top of many of their lists. People love Montreal.

Not only are most north Americans not racist, but most north Americans are of European descent just like Montrealers. How on earth can they be racist against their own race? And Montreal doesn't have a French culture, it has a thoroughly north American culture. Does Boston have a British culture because they speak English there?

If you're going to come on here and spread nasty BS, you'll find yourself booted out of here so fast it will make your head spin. Consider this your first warning.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898

P05 liked this post
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2014, 04:14 PM   #762
isaidso
the new republic

YYZ August 2014 (enpl/depl) (Toronto Pearson)

Domestic - 1,697,905
Transborder - 978,184
International - 1,333,032
Overall - 4,009,121 (+8.9%)

YVR August 2014 (enpl/depl) (Vancouver)

Domestic - 1,079,507
Transborder - 510,057
International - 496,917
Overall - 2,086,481 (+8.0%)

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
Old October 8th, 2014, 06:48 AM   #763
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7683

Sanctions? What sanctions ?

Since we annexed Crimea, passenger traffic has doubled at the peninsula's main airport, Simferopol - from just 1,2 million last year to quite possibly 2,3 million by the end of this year.
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2014, 11:01 AM   #764
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11251

All right... first time here, and I have an announcement to make:

From today, you can talk to me regarding anything on this forum since I've got a spot moderating the Airlines and Aviation forums. Many of you might already know me from various threads, posting aircraft pics here and there, but, I am ready to take on the new responsibility of manning a thriving forum (in which it is something I am truly interested in). I know this may be one of my most favorite forums in all of SSC, but, I believe that I may have only scratched the surface into the wonderful world of aviation... and while my schedules nowadays can be tough, rest assured that I will be on deck often to provide advice on keeping this forum tidy, orderly, and relevant.

Looking forward to serving you!

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2014, 02:51 PM   #765
stephendavion

Likes (Received): 172

Boeing 377 Stratocruiser cutaway

HARTride 2012 liked this post
stephendavion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2014, 05:54 AM   #766
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

By the way, if you have any concerns, questions, or suggestions on how to make this forum even better, feel free to reach me via...

- this thread
- PM
- Facebook or Twitter (ask me if you want to add me on either)

Social media would be a fastest way to reach me, but, I am also comfortable with either PM or writing them out on this thread.

And if you think my performance is not up to (your) standards, please let me know so that we can discuss them and find ways to improve my performance.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
Old November 8th, 2014, 12:18 AM   #767
Аполон

Likes (Received): 7075

Ph Man liked this post
Аполон no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2014, 12:59 PM   #768
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

We're getting close to the end of the year and it's looking very close between DXB and LHR for the international pax crown. Il getting a gut feeling DXB just might pull it off even though they had the two and a half month runway fix this summer.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2014, 06:52 AM   #769
isaidso
the new republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri S Andrade View Post

Couldn't Montreal (with Durval or even Mirabel) be a proxy for Toronto?
Just saw this and the answer is no. Montreal and Toronto are 550 km apart. Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo are closer together: 430 km.

Last edited by isaidso; November 13th, 2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old November 13th, 2014, 06:55 AM   #770
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Not to mention, flights exist between Montreal and Toronto, with some of them seeing wide-bodied aircraft on such a short flight with Air Canada and Air Transat, right?

Old November 13th, 2014, 07:43 AM   #771
isaidso
the new republic

Correct, it's by far, the busiest air route in the country. Air Canada, Westjet, and Porter are the 3 largest domestic carriers and would be the big 3 on that route.

Old November 13th, 2014, 11:30 AM   #772
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Likes (Received): 5098

It's a big day today for Bosnia and Herzegovina

Bosnia and Herzegovina Air Navigation Services Agency begins providing services

Quote:
As a result of joint efforts of Bosnia and Herzegovina Air Navigation Services Agency and our friends and partners in the night of 12/13 November, 2014 at midnight, BHANSA begins with providing services in the airspace of Bosnia and Herzegovina from FL 100 up to FL 325 from Operational Unit ATCU I Sarajevo. Also at the same time Bosnia and Herzegovina Meteorological Watch Office starts with its work.

Bosnia and Herzegovina Air Navigation Services Agency has been established pursuant to the Law on Bosnia and Herzegovina Air Navigation Services Agency (Official Gazette No: 43/09)
Acting Management of the Agency, the members of the Council of the Agency and the members of the Project Committee BHATM were present at the moment of the beginning of providing services.
This historic event represents an important step toward the goal of complete provision of services in the airspace over Bosnia and Herzegovina, which includes the upper part of the airspace of Bosnia and Herzegovina from FL 325 to FL 660 (UPPER).

The business strategy of the Bosnia and Herzegovina Air Navigation Services Agency is clear. To take over a responsibility for the provision of services in the entire airspace of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Continuous and systematic development of our business in all aspects- continued training of air traffic controllers and other professional air staff. Maintaining excellent cooperation with our friends and partners from our country and abroad, increasing safety and quality in the airspace of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
BHANSA will organize a ceremony to mark the beginning of providing services in the airspace of Bosnia and Herzegovina in mid-December.

http://www.bhansa.gov.ba/en/news/257
nestvaran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2014, 02:03 AM   #773
Manazir

Likes (Received): 511

About inflight photography

Hi guys and especially those who are experts at taking inflight pics,

When it comes to taking inflight pics on a night flight, both inside and outside the aircraft, I suck big time. Neither my phone nor my digital camera seems to take as good pics as we see on the internet or youtube of night flight shots. I don't yet have an SLR cam unfortunately
So, if anyone can give me an idea about what setting/ mode to use on digital camera when taking night pics of a flight both inside and outside view, that would be really helpful for me!

Thanks

My recently started Travel Blog
Manazir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2014, 02:13 AM   #774
Yuri S Andrade

Likes (Received): 19418

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Just saw this and the answer is no. Montreal and Toronto are 550 km apart. Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo are closer together: 430 km.
I was thinking of international flights, for outside North America. In that case, 550 km are quite close, especially as you are considering to build another airport in Toronto.
Yuri S Andrade no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2014, 05:24 AM   #775
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Consider, though, the market dynamics of both cities. Montreal is one of the largest bastions of the Francophone world (as well as the capital of Quebec), which means you will get to see several flights to Paris and to other parts of Quebec. Toronto, on the other hand, is Canada's largest city and financial center, hence it carries a lot more traffic than Montreal.

Similar thing with Sao Paulo and Rio: the former is Brazil's largest financial center and major city, while the latter is one of the country's more sought-after tourist hot spots (especially during the Carnaval).

Old November 15th, 2014, 09:21 PM   #776
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店

Likes (Received): 4965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manazir View Post
About inflight photography

Hi guys and especially those who are experts at taking inflight pics,

When it comes to taking inflight pics on a night flight, both inside and outside the aircraft, I suck big time. Neither my phone nor my digital camera seems to take as good pics as we see on the internet or youtube of night flight shots. I don't yet have an SLR cam unfortunately
So, if anyone can give me an idea about what setting/ mode to use on digital camera when taking night pics of a flight both inside and outside view, that would be really helpful for me!

Thanks
Outside pics of what? During the day or night? If you're talking pics of city lights during take-off/landing then you'll get blur unless you turn up the ISO (bad idea) or use a lens with a large aperture. I have never been able to get good pics with a point and shoot (because of the speed of the plane).
Old November 16th, 2014, 07:27 AM   #777
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Update: as I approach my first full month moderating this forum, it seems like I still have quite a bit of work to do, but, I believe that serious progress has been done in reorganizing and streamlining the various threads found in here. It's been quite a challenge merging, shuffling, and reviving threads one by one, but I hope that you will keep motivating me to do very well in this forum.

If you think I've done anything that is not to par with your thoughts or ideas, please let me know through here or via PM.

Old November 16th, 2014, 10:06 PM   #778
bubbalo

Likes (Received): 924

Few updates regarding statistics

[IMG]http://i57.************/m4zdw.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i58.************/t4wj9l.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i62.************/2m5xb7r.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i59.************/mrzei9.png[/IMG]

As of September:
ATL surpassed 96 million passengers on 12 month rolling basis for the first time in history

As of October:
PVG surpassed 50 million passengers on 12 month rolling basis
SZX surpassed 35 million passengers on 12 month rolling basis
FCO surpassed 38 million passengers on 12 month rolling basis

Last edited by bubbalo; November 16th, 2014 at 10:26 PM.
bubbalo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2014, 08:39 AM   #779
stephendavion

Likes (Received): 172

Airbus has announced plans to develop five new Beluga transport aircraft, to transport large aircraft components. The proposed plans come after the European aircraft maker's decision to ramp-up production of its A350 XWB.

stephendavion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2014, 06:33 AM   #780
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

I would like to have your insight on this...

A good chunk of what I've seen on this forum are Flight Reports and Trip Reports, both of which are pretty insightful in giving forum users opportunities to see the world through the eyes of a fellow user. And I've also seen quite a lot of threads reporting on general things, like The Top 100 Airports in the World by Passenger Traffic, Your Best Airports in the World, and so on.

My question is this: would you like me to develop two threads specific to both instances and make them as stickies? The two threads I have in mind include:

- Share Your Flight Reports
- General Facts and Figures of World Airports

Do you think those will work for you? I am planning to launch them around the 1st of December, if not a bit later.

Cadξr liked this post

Tags
airport