daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 17th, 2015, 12:39 PM   #841
pai nosso

Likes (Received): 4050

Faro Airport [Portugal]

As the portuguese airports thread is close:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ΊBoaz;125 450 554
ANA reveals expansion plan from Faro Airport on the day of its 50th anniversary

The International Airport of Faro, Algarve, southern Portugal, celebrates on Friday, July 10, his 50th birthday. The highlight of the celebrations is the signing of the construction contract expansion and remodeling of the terminal, with the presence of President of VINCI Airports, Nicholas Notebaert, President of ANA Aeroportos de Portugal, Jorge Ponce de Leon, and the newly appointed Director from Faro Airport, Alberto Mota Borges.

The start of work, the responsibility of Portuguese construction company 'Mota Engil' will be next October and the contract will have a value of 32.8 million euros. It is anticipated that the works are completed in March 2017.

Among the objectives of this work, which now launches, ANA Aeroportos de Portugal points out the response to the change in traffic type, creating more operational areas and more public area as well as the revitalization and expansion of retail area (the area of ​​the terminal will increase from 81,200 m2 to 93,120 m2), the operating safety increase, the terminal image of modernization and overhaul of integration with land access.

Expansion of areas of air terminal (11,920 m2):

Side Air - 826m2:

Expansion in the emerging sense of Luggage Collection Hall and Arrivals Baggage Terminal;

Expansion of commercial areas of retail and restaurants (Level 1 and Level 2);

The expansion of these commercial areas determined the construction of new spaces for shops and support services.

Land Side - 11,094 m2:

Public atrium departures and arrivals expansion throughout the northern front of the building (6.324m2);

The expansion of these commercial areas determined the construction of new spaces for shops and support services, with predominant location in the public lobby (Ground side);

Construction safety control area on the 2nd Floor and slab on the area 2 Check-In (4.770m2);

Increased capacity

With this expansion and refurbishment, the Faro Airport will also experience an increased capacity in both the number of hourly aircraft movements, as in the processing of passengers and amount of parking stands for aircraft.

The service track for landings and take-offs currently allows 24 movements per hour, which from 2017 will be 30.

The parking deck will have 37 positions instead of 30 current and the flow of passengers processed per hour will increase from 2,400 to 3,000 / hour in each direction at the end of the works.

Under the land access have been implemented a set of interventions that are detailed below.

Parks, new road access, curbsides and landscape reorganization

Faro Airport Development Plan incorporated the changes with regard to parks, new road access and curbsides and landscape redevelopment. The objective was to ensure passenger terminal interface to the subsystem airport land side, representing a new configuration of access adapted to the conditions resulting from the expansion and remodeling of the terminal.

The reorganization of accessibility to the passenger terminal include:

- Road system - New road access and reconfiguration of some existing ones, with the allocation of curbsides in autonomous areas dedicated to Matches flow and passenger arrivals flow;

- Auto Parks - remodeling of car parks, parking distinguishing short and long term; increased parking capacity in a phased manner, taking into account the evolution of demand; improvement of operating conditions of the parks, adjusting them on the one hand the new road design and modernizing access control as well as its management, making them more attractive this mode of use.

- Drainage network - Reconfiguration of the stormwater drainage system to adapt to the new overall design of the Airport;

- Public lighting and footpaths - Renovations these systems to incorporate changes in access roads and self parking;

- Landscaped Reordering - Remodeling of the surrounding landscape of the land side of the airport in terms of landscaping to reflect the new settings and traces of roads and car parks and improve environmental conditions;

- Road Signs and Signals - New road signs in order to match the new configuration of the road network, improving the transmission of information to users of the airport;

- Information for passengers - New exterior signage to advise the flows of passengers and other road users within the airport territory, facilitating travel and featuring the different flows.

- Security System (CCTV) - Renovation of the CCTV system that serves the access roads and car parks, adapting it to the new settings;

- Firefighting Network - water pipe system for fighting fires, properly adjusted to the new layout / design of roads and self parking.

Then our readers and followers can see a film that was produced by ANA Aeroportos de Portugal and marking 50 Years of Faro International Airport / Algarve:

fieldsofdreams, mrsmartman, Zaz965 liked this post
pai nosso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2015, 07:36 AM   #842
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11253

Okay, folks... this is an important announcement:

I have created a thread dedicated to everything Airport Statistics. Don't be surprised if you don't see your stuff here; I moved everything with graphs, figures, and analysis to make everything more efficient and on topic.

The role, then, of this thread would be more of travel advice, showcase the latest and noteworthy airport and airline developments that users may have great interest in following, and addressing forum questions, comments, complaints, and suggestions.

I am looking forward to seeing all of those wonderful stats in the new thread. And by the way, it will be a sticky too to make it easy for reference.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill

bubbalo, Yuri S Andrade, Panzer_18 liked this post
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2015, 03:48 PM   #843
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green

Likes (Received): 3505

I haven`t found a thread for the next biggest airport in the world.
Construction started at the end of last year.

http://www.dezeen.com/2015/02/05/zah...beijing-china/

Or am i just not able to find the thread here?

Tom_Green no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2015, 10:16 AM   #844
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green

The world of planes is getting more and more boring.

The 747-8 and A380 don`t do so well. At the end all airports will be full of two engines planes.

747-400, MD11, A340-600, BAe 146, Fokker 100 will vanish. We will see only 777, 787, A350, A330, 737 and A320 Neo.
Boring...

Abhishek901, Yuri S Andrade liked this post
Old July 25th, 2015, 06:17 AM   #845
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Au contraire, the improvements can be found deep inside an aircraft's body, with better engines and fuel mechanisms, not to mention the overall composition of today's aircraft, allowing aircraft like the B787 or the Bombardier Challenger to fly much further with less fuel than the B747.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
Old July 27th, 2015, 11:07 AM   #846
Tom_Green
Dr.Med. Tom Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Au contraire, the improvements can be found deep inside an aircraft's body, with better engines and fuel mechanisms, not to mention the overall composition of today's aircraft, allowing aircraft like the B787 or the Bombardier Challenger to fly much further with less fuel than the B747.
I know there is much improvement inside. It`s cheaper to fly and the air inside will be better. We also get bigger windows. When i am a passenger i will get the improvements.

But if you look from outside at the plane it will be boring. The 777-9X will be a beautiful plane but all in all it will be monotonous in the sky. Yesterday i saw the 787 and the A350 at the Frankfurt airport. Nice but not that beautiful as a 747-400, MD11 or the A340-600.

I just hope for a succesful A380-900. 80x80m. The strecthed version will look better, than the current one.

Old August 4th, 2015, 05:18 PM   #847
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

All right, I want to have a quick response from you:

I have found a thread dedicated to Luxair - Luxembourg Airlines, but it is currently locked. Not helping matters is there is no dedicated thread for Luxembourg - Findel Airport. Here's my question:

Would you rather see either of the following for Luxembourg's Aviation thread here as...

- Independent and separate (as for most of the threads, in which I will reopen);
- Lumped together with either Belgium or Netherlands (remember the BeNeLux); or
- Putting it under a broader "European aviation" thread (which I will do my research)

Old August 6th, 2015, 03:39 PM   #848
cuaticocl

Likes (Received): 44

LAN and TAM joined forces: Now LATAM

patel2897 liked this post
cuaticocl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2015, 02:23 PM   #849
chekuthan
che-kut-han

Likes (Received): 1992

World's first solar powered airport

Cochin International Airport, India

RegioManio, patel2897 liked this post
chekuthan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2015, 04:05 PM   #850
ziggy1

Likes (Received): 0

Its all good, i'm just pleased to have found this site.
ziggy1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2015, 07:17 AM   #851
Michh07

Likes (Received): 0

These Links are useful for me.. Thanks
Old December 5th, 2015, 02:48 PM   #852
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2205

Departure Board in DUB this AM. While most of the cancellations are Stobart ATR Turboprops because weather conditions for turboprops are awful in North UK and Ireland the dastardly Stobart have also decided not to fly the kiddies to the North Pole today.

Surely they were not gonna use a turboprop for that one..or were they. ??? €700 per person that cost.

fieldsofdreams, Orion602 liked this post
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2015, 03:07 AM   #853
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 848

I wonder what type of airport would be better at handling over 100 million passengers per year: An airport with multiple passenger terminals, or an airport with just one or two passenger terminals and multiple concourses attached to those terminals.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2015, 06:12 AM   #854
Kutsuit
Nadia 🗺 ✈

Likes (Received): 9021

More Airlines To Offer HighSpeed Wi-Fi On Board

http://www.rttnews.com/2590532/more-...-on-board.aspx

Quote:
Connectivity is a necessity in today's life, and no matter whether you are in ground or air. That's why airline companies are competing each other to provide better quality Wi-Fi connection during travel. Now you can check e-mails, share a photo on Instagram, send messages on Whats app or browse and can be well connected while on a travel at a height of 10,000 feet above earth's surface.

Air Berlin has recently announcement the availability of AeroMobile 3G eXPhone service for its passengers and the new high speed connectivity will transform your communication abilities and access to Internet. Till now, airlines were using 2.5G connectivity on board.Phone calls and Skype or other VoIP services will not be allowed. The Internet service will be provided by Panasonic Avionics Corp.

The passengers can download free airberlin connect app from Apple App store or Google Play store. Smartphone, tablet or laptop charges will apply for Wi-Fi at a rate of 4.90 pounds for 30 minutes or 20 mb data. For 60 minutes or 50 mb data, charges will be 8.90 pounds.

In medium-haul flights passengers have to pay 13.90 pounds for 90 mb data for the duration of the flight, while in long-haul flights, 120 mb data will be available for 18.90 pounds for the duration of the flight.

Emirates, JetBlue, Norwegian, Turkish airlines, Air China, Philippine airlines, Hong Kong airlines and Nok air are currently providing free Wi-Fi in their flights. In a matter of a few months, international airlines such as Ryanair, Finnair, Kuwait airways, Srilankan airlines, TAAG Angola airlines, Westjet, etc. will provide Wi-Fi facilities.
Kutsuit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2015, 07:26 AM   #855
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17037

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post
I wonder what type of airport would be better at handling over 100 million passengers per year: An airport with multiple passenger terminals, or an airport with just one or two passenger terminals and multiple concourses attached to those terminals.
I would think would giant terminal would be enough for 100 million passengers per year... And maybe an addition side Terminal for extra capacity...
Visit the New Jersey Section

mrsmartman liked this post
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2015, 12:17 AM   #856
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 848

Oh, sorry, I meant to say "multiple satellite terminals" attached to the one or two main terminals I was talking about in my previous post, not "multiple concourses".

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2015, 01:35 PM   #857
RegioManio
Mod SSC Mιxico

Likes (Received): 3448

Well, in this respect I think the new Mexico City airport, currently under construction, may give a hint about the trend. It has been designed by Foster & Partners to manage up to 125 million passengers. It will only have up to two Terminals with several satellite terminals.

I think Istanbul new airport project also considers one or two terminals and several satellite terminals.

Mexico City latest render taken from Foster's website can be seen in the picture below:

mrsmartman, Zaz965 liked this post
RegioManio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 08:07 AM   #858
AntoanDimitrov

Likes (Received): 61

(y)
AntoanDimitrov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 08:08 AM   #859
AntoanDimitrov

Likes (Received): 61

Looks verry nice to be major airport in such a big city
AntoanDimitrov no está en línea   Reply With Quote