daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 2nd, 2011, 09:16 PM   #21
cardiff

Likes (Received): 5979

I bet its a very uniformed and untravelled opinion!
cardiff no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 2nd, 2011, 09:31 PM   #22
Benonie
Bike It!

Likes (Received): 19905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordpenguinton View Post
Oh come on, why do people complain about pics of a city? If you got some of Leeds then show them. I know the world is a big place but how many people are showing us pics of Leeds, let alone nice ones? If you are into architecture and cities than you would appreciate Leeds, if you like skyscrapers not so much. As far as comparisons to Germany, I'm sure the poster must know that both Germany and England bombed the hell out of each other 70 years ago, and both rebuilt in a vague, semi-serious, we care what people might like to look at, kind of way. Honestly the variations of architecture (along with late night ethnic food) might be the greatest thing about both England and Germany's cities when compared to say Paris or Rome. Atleast whether wanted or not cities in England and Germany were forced to grow and rebuild because of that war, for better or worse.
Indeed. I always love the mixture of old and new, ugly and beautiful. Makes a city much more interesting!

Leeds looks grey but great. Keep the coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelesHomais View Post
Some excellent pieces of architecture. But this statue is terrible http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5123/...e66e748a_b.jpg
Looks like a Henry Moore sculpture.
Benonie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #23
cameronpaul
Paris-the city beautiful

Likes (Received): 480

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiff View Post
I bet its a very uniformed and untravelled opinion!
Couldn't be further from the truth. I would not be making comparisons with other countries if I hadn't been there (though I guess some people might)
If you think U.K. cities compare favourably with those on the continent that's fine, after all that's your opinion!
cameronpaul no está en línea   Reply With Quote