daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > General Asian Discussion > Cityscapes and Skylines

Cityscapes and Skylines Scenes of Asia

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 15th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #201
LamDai

Likes (Received): 55

Oh my ******* god !
LamDai no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 15th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #204
wino

Likes (Received): 735

Tokyo is INSANE!!

though, I can't really point out which one is the CBD.

P.S. I was imagining Ultraman popping in the picture, and then godzilla.. then they will be fight...
Old March 16th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #206
wino

Shanghai, looking good!
Old March 17th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #207
Zhang Sitthi

Likes (Received): 84

Very nice pic !!

I do not for a royal realm aspire,
For release or for paradise. To serve those bent with grief, I desire, And calm their sorrows and help them rise : ข้าฯ ไม่ปรารถนาความสุขในวัง ความหลุดพ้น หรือสรวงสวรรค์
ข้าฯ ปวารณาที่จะช่วยคนที่ประสบทุกข์ บรรเทาความโศกตรมและช่วยให้เขาลุกขึ้น :
Prof. Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya : Banaras Hindu University 1916
Zhang Sitthi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 03:37 PM   #208
the glimpser
Asean Urbanite

Likes (Received): 42

Philippines' Ayala to spend $1.4 billion on property

Quote:
MANILA — Philippine real estate giant Ayala Land Inc. said Thursday it will spend about 60 billion pesos ($1.4 billion) to revitalise the country's main business district of Makati.

The cash injection by Ayala Land and its subsidiaries over the next five years is intended to take advantage of improving economic conditions in the Philippines, the company president said.

Among the planned projects is a 22-hectare (54-acre) "integrated township" and entertainment district on an abandoned racetrack, Ayala Land said.

The company operates high-end residences, office buildings, hotels, apartments, resorts and shopping malls across the country.

Ayala Land has been dominant in the Makati suburb of the Philippine capital Manila, which houses the headquarters of many of the country's top banks and corporations as well as its biggest skyscrapers.

This general view shows the Makati financial district of Manila (AFP/File, Noel Celis)
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...ff.131&index=0

The "Integrated Township" from the Sta. Ana Race Track property
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjin P. View Post
image hosted on flickr
the glimpser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #209
dadiv@n
[harinawa maharlika]

Likes (Received): 324

Metro Manila have multiple CBDs also but from afar it looks compact and centralized, probably because of CBDs encompassing each other as the skyline grows over time...

Heres one view from NAIA angle...

Heres the CBDs...

A more detailed perspective...

Another view from NAIA...

http://collectpics.com/var/resizes/A...-1920x1080.jpg
http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/...nilaaerial.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...8ff57a05_b.jpg
Mabalacat- Officially the Philippines 141st City!

Last edited by dadiv@n; April 3rd, 2012 at 09:02 AM.
dadiv@n no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #210
wino

Metro Manila looks like a baby compared to Metro Tokyo!!
Old March 26th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #211
Skyprince
Asian boi

Kuala Lumpur's Federal territory area is a big disappointment, has poor landscaping, very pedestrian-hostile, poor taste of architecture , poor integration of many things. Messed up, disorderly and poorly managed public transport system especially buses lol. I think many Malaysians wud say the same thing. I've been to Makati and found its much better than any districts/sub-districts around KL. Let alone to compare with hyper-efficient hyper-modern and very pedestrian-friendly Japanese and Korean cities lol.
Skyprince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #212
wino

yeah.. Tokyo ROCKS!
Old March 26th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #213
Skyprince
Asian boi

For me it's very important to make the CBD area of a city as elegant, as luxurious/posh, as sterile as possible. In KL ( downtown ) unfortunately there are too many street vendors , too many old unbrushed buildings, many poorly-maintained housing etc. These elements should be kept further away from downtown, where cost and rent are cheaper !

I don't feel downtown KL an attractive place to live and even work , at all !
Old March 26th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #214
wino

Question: What are the primary CBDs (number 1) in your countries...
It's where all the most important companies are located in, specially the stock exchanges.. large conglomerates and big financial institution (just like WALL street in New York)

in the Philippines, it's pretty obvious. Makati CBD hosts to the Philippines biggest local and multinational companies. The Philippine stock exchange is also located here.. (but they're already planning to transfer to Bonifacio CBD - thus challenging the status of Makati CBD as the country's prime CBD)

I believe in Malaysia it's KLCC?
and Indonesia it's Sudirman?
Singapore (Marina bay Area? )
Old March 27th, 2012, 02:41 AM   #215
Skyprince
Asian boi

In KL its the "Golden Triangle "- KLCC and its surrounding area. KLCC area is very small compared to the whole of Makati CBD
Old March 28th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #216
dadiv@n
[harinawa maharlika]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wino View Post
Metro Manila looks like a baby compared to Metro Tokyo!!
It doesn't look baby to me. If your keenly aware. U will see two metropolosis who have undergone massive transformation in the last decades. From small villages to thriving communities. Even the skyline will speak for itself the course of history each nation has taken. From 1st and 2nd richest economies in the middle of the century, respectively in Asia to a wide gap nowadays. Even now, you still will see one-storey houses in MM while in MTokyo you hardly will see. Just as, you wouldnt see very remarkable skyscraper in MT(i only see few of those) as you would see in MM (probaly because of height restriction, but for me its not an excuse coz both metropolis are under the Pacific Ring of fire).

Those skyline would reflect the kinds of people living in those two island nations. In the Philippines, you will see the higher skyscrapers alongside w/ the one-storey bldgs/houses reflecting the wide gap of the rich and the poor. While in Japan, just as you will reflect on the skyline, the metropolis seems to be monotonous except for some emerging CBDs which speak the living condition of the Japanese people, mostly are middle classes which are in dark contrast with the feudal class of society in the Phils (that is relying on the strongest to protect the weak/grassroots thereby empowering more the rich & neglecting the poor).

But in due time, as Phils catches up on enlightenment and Japan's declining population they will be back again to competing as the strongest economies in Asia alongside w/ other emerging economies.

In short, both skyline are impressive! If I would rate it, it would be like elder brother for Tokyo to a teenage turning matured man to Manila...
Old March 28th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #217
the glimpser
Asean Urbanite

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Question: What are the primary CBDs (number 1) in your countries...
It's where all the most important companies are located in, specially the stock exchanges.. large conglomerates and big financial institution (just like WALL street in New York)

in the Philippines, it's pretty obvious. Makati CBD hosts to the Philippines biggest local and multinational companies. The Philippine stock exchange is also located here.. (but they're already planning to transfer to Bonifacio CBD - thus challenging the status of Makati CBD as the country's prime CBD)

I believe in Malaysia it's KLCC?
and Indonesia it's Sudirman?
Singapore (Marina bay Area? )
In Singapore, the main CBD is Raffles Place.
the glimpser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #218
wino

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadiv@n View Post
It doesn't look baby to me. If your keenly aware. U will see two metropolosis who have undergone massive transformation in the last decades. From small villages to thriving communities. Even the skyline will speak for itself the course of history each nation has taken. From 1st and 2nd richest economies in the middle of the century, respectively in Asia to a wide gap nowadays. Even now, you still will see one-storey houses in MM while in MTokyo you hardly will see. Just as, you wouldnt see very remarkable skyscraper in MT(i only see few of those) as you would see in MM (probaly because of height restriction, but for me its not an excuse coz both metropolis are under the Pacific Ring of fire).

Those skyline would reflect the kinds of people living in those two island nations. In the Philippines, you will see the higher skyscrapers alongside w/ the one-storey bldgs/houses reflecting the wide gap of the rich and the poor. While in Japan, just as you will reflect on the skyline, the metropolis seems to be monotonous except for some emerging CBDs which speak the living condition of the Japanese people, mostly are middle classes which are in dark contrast with the feudal class of society in the Phils (that is relying on the strongest to protect the weak/grassroots thereby empowering more the rich & neglecting the poor).

But in due time, as Phils catches up on enlightenment and Japan's declining population they will be back again to competing as the strongest economies in Asia alongside w/ other emerging economies.

In short, both skyline are impressive! If I would rate it, it would be like elder brother for Tokyo to a teenage turning matured man to Manila...

naaahhh.. your analogy doesn't make any sense for me.

Metro Manila still looks like a baby compared to Tokyo IMO.
Old March 29th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #219
Hanako

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Tokyo is INSANE!!

though, I can't really point out which one is the CBD.

P.S. I was imagining Ultraman popping in the picture, and then godzilla.. then they will be fight...
Well, there are so many CBDs in Tokyo, but you can point out some areas: Shinjuku, Marunouchi, Shinagawa, Shimbashi
Old March 30th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #220
dadiv@n
[harinawa maharlika]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wino
naaahhh.. your analogy doesn't make any sense for me.

Metro Manila still looks like a baby compared to Tokyo IMO.
Ur probably just an average-mind dude who do not value analysis much...WELL its up to you, ur entitled w/ whatever belief you wishd to believe in... At ako rin ay entitled sa kung ano gusto ko paniwalaan, coz I can clearly see even if I havent been yet to Tokyo... It is not as I perceive...

BGC alone if you compare it to Mtokyo is really baby, but to compare the whole MM to MT. naaahhh! Pardon me if I will be disagreeable w/ you on this matter... Im not going to pick a fight abt it but I can give you many reasons why I disagree w/ u...Kahit Pilipino ka brod I will not believe ur opinion. Anyway,,, Mabuhay ka pa rin!

Last edited by dadiv@n; March 30th, 2012 at 01:44 PM.