daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 19th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #1
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18165

hkskyline's 2010 SHANGHAI EXPO Photos #2

72. The Denmark pavilion was my first one for the day. Luckily I arrived shortly after opening so the crowds have not yet arrived.

73. Danes love to cycle, and as expected, their pavilion featured bicycles. Too bad there weren't many riders.

75. I saw this lad in Copenhagen. This spot was a little better for photo-taking actually.

77. I ascended along the ramp up to the roof. There was also a bench that followed the rise for those who could not make it up in one breath.

78. There wasn't much in terms of exhibits, but it was a nice walk to a vantage point to see the other nearby pavilions.

81. Finland - visited in 2009.

82. Latvia - visited in 2008.

83. Sweden started off with some art, then it seemed to have turned into a science museum.

87. I went a bit later in the day to avoid the crowds, and was soon at the entrance.

90. The highlight was a slide that people needed to book to descend to the floor below. It seemed a lot of fun.

94. The Poland pavilion looks nice from far, but up-close, it has aged terribly. The exterior panels were not designed to last long.

106. There was a very long line for the Spain pavilion despite being only mid-morning. Luckily, it kept moving, so it wasn't long to get to the entrance. They made an interesting choice for the facade.

113. Once inside, technology took over. Then there was a lady doing a Spanish dance in front of a curious crowd with their flashing cameras.

117. After all the technology exhibits were over, the baby emerged, making faces every few seconds.

119. The Dutch must be a group of happy people, since they named their pavilion Happy Street. It was another ascent to the top, and this one was more promising since the view should be quite good.

122. The designers made good use of the entire space. The ground floor was open to everyone and plenty took advantage by having a nice picnic and rest in the space.

124. Exhibits lined the ascent to the top.

131. The view was not disappointing at all. The pavilion stood tall in the heart of the Europe zone. There's Italy!

133. The United Kingdom pavilion from the Dutch side :

134. Unfortunately, they didn't give priority access to their friends in the Commonwealth.

Part 1

More in the next part. For the full collection, please visit my Shanghai photo gallery : http://www.globalphotos.org/shanghai.htm

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2011, 06:02 AM   #2
skylark
skylark

Likes (Received): 409

nice photos..
skylark no está en línea   Reply With Quote