daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 15th, 2017, 01:58 PM   #661
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

In other news they are revising their metro plans. I've seen maps with numbered lines up to 23 (starting from 0, the circle line, rather than 1), as well as three express lines simply named "horizontal line 1", "vertical line 1" and "vertical line 2". This brings the number of planned lines to at least 27. Several previously planned lines are renumbered, most notably the "branch" (actually another routing) of line 5 which becomes an independent line numbered 11 (with the previous line 11 now numbered 14). Other lines are extended, such as line 4 Westward and line 10 Southward.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2017, 09:01 PM   #662
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5753

Does any other city in the world have a Line Zero? Not that I can think of. Ottawans, of course, can ride the O-Train.

Zaz965 liked this post
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2017, 12:35 AM   #663
CNGL
Leudimin

In addition to revising their metro plans they have now plans for several commuter rail lines. They are planning nine suburban lines totalling 610 km, as well as 3 express metro lines totalling 154 km. They are as follows:
Line S1, Moxinpo to Weituo, already U/C.
Line S2, Bishan to Tongnan, the section up to Jinlong will start construction soon and will feature a station named either Pulü, Pulv or Pulyu (I lean towards the middle name).
Line S3, Baishiyi to Dazu
Line S4, Jiulong yuan to Rongchang
Line S5, Tiaodeng to Yudong via Jiangjin, already U/C, will be operated by CRT (the same operator as current metro and monorail lines) and thus included in my metro maps.
Line S6, East station to Wansheng
Line S7, East station to Jinfo Shan (In this sense "mount Jinfo", not a golden suburb of Guangzhou )
Line S8, Fusheng to Funli Bei
Line S9, Guojiatuo to Changshou Bei
Line R1, Tiaodeng to Guojiatuo
Line R2, Baishiyi to East station
Line R3, Moxinpo to Fusheng

Also listed is this transversal line:
Hechuan-Yongchuan line, Huangniba to Yongchuan Nan
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

dimlys1994, Hot Rod liked this post

Last edited by CNGL; May 21st, 2017 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Fix
Old May 20th, 2017, 10:18 AM   #664
Hot Rod
Big City Enthusiast

Location: Vancouver, Osaka, Chicago, Chongqing, Seattle, and OKC
Likes (Received): 99

is there any graphic or 'official' document showing the new master plan?
Hot Rod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2017, 01:20 PM   #665
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
Does any other city in the world have a Line Zero? Not that I can think of. Ottawans, of course, can ride the O-Train.
I don't know of any either, but I did see platform zero in one of the stations in Tokyo (might have been Shinjuku).
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2017, 01:11 AM   #666
CNGL
Leudimin

Now I have done some more research, I'd make the 12 commuter rail lines into just three, by using the three cross city lines to connect them. They may still get into the maps as 12 distinct lines, but with through service between them. I'd connect the lines as follows:
S4 and S5 (Jiulong Yuan is also on line S5) to R1 to S9
S2 and S3 (Bishan is also on line S3) to R2 to S6 and S7
S1 to R3 to S8

Lines R1 and R2 intersect at Dayancun, while lines R1 and R3 do so at Jiangbei Airport.
Old May 28th, 2017, 07:48 AM   #667
dbhaskar

Likes (Received): 113

China's first mountain subway train to be installed

Source: ECNS | May 27, 2017

Chinese railcar-maker CRRC Qingdao Sifang Co. Ltd. announced on Saturday that it has delivered the country's first subway train designed especially for a mountainous region.

The six-car train will run on Line 5 in Chongqing Municipality in southwest China. The deepest section of the Line 5 subway is about 70 meters underground, making it the deepest metro line in China.

The train with a carrying capacity of 2,322 passengers can run at a maximum speed of 100 km per hour. The producer said that it has contracted to make 39 such trains for Chongqing.

[...]

dimlys1994, CP11, zntfdr, EasySeven, Hot Rod and 1 others liked this post
dbhaskar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2017, 07:08 PM   #668
nanar
nanar

Likes (Received): 1505

Do we must understand that the others subway or monorail lines in Chongqing were suited with rolling stock NOT DESIGNED for mountainous regions like (precisely) Chongqing ?

So it's just miracle if these rolling stocks work ? Alarming !

Découvrez les sites darly.org & lyonmetro.org
"Si vous ne considérez pas le vélo urbain comme une partie de la solution aux problèmes de déplacement dans les villes, vous êtes une partie du problème".
nanar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2017, 10:06 PM   #669
saiho

Likes (Received): 1291

I think the idea is that they had to develop a new standard for Chongqing. Chongqing used smaller lower capacity B size subway trains and monorails which could handle tighter alignments but has only Class 2 capacity (55,000 to 35,000 pphpd). However, when it comes to higher capacities (Class 1 designs with +55,000 pphpd) there was no solution so they had to make one. They developed a new loading gauge standard (Size As) and put more motorized cars to handle higher grades. In a standards based construction environment (that's why all Chinese subway systems kinda look and feel the same) this is kind of a big deal.
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2017, 01:13 AM   #670
lkstrknb
Chicago Luke

Likes (Received): 804

This video finally shows the extension of metro line 3 in Chongqing.

Hot Rod, CP11, Munwon, dimlys1994, Loro. and 1 others liked this post
lkstrknb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 06:38 PM   #671
dbhaskar

Likes (Received): 113

China's deepest subway station under construction

Source: ECNS | 19 Jul 2017

[...]

Crews have begun tunneling Line 10 in southwest China's Chongqing Municipality.

Line 10, to run below the existing Line 6, will require passengers going almost 95 meters underground.

Currently, the Hongtudi Station on Line 6 in Chongqing takes 3 minutes on an escalator to reach the platform, which is 60 meters below ground.

Line 10's stop will take people down an extra 30 meters. The yet-to-be-named stop, being built below Hongtudi Station, is being dug at approximately 94.5 meters below the surface. This is the equivalent of 31 stories underground.

Once complete, Chongqing's Line 10 will have 19 different stops, running 34 kilometers. It's due to be completed sometime in 2017.

The existing Line 6 and the new Line 10 will share 3 exits. A total of 91 elevators will also be available for passengers.

[...]
Old July 19th, 2017, 09:36 PM   #672
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5753

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhaskar View Post

Crews have begun tunneling Line 10 in southwest China's Chongqing Municipality.

Line 10, to run below the existing Line 6, will require passengers going almost 95 meters underground.

Currently, the Hongtudi Station on Line 6 in Chongqing takes 3 minutes on an escalator to reach the platform, which is 60 meters below ground.

Line 10's stop will take people down an extra 30 meters. The yet-to-be-named stop, being built below Hongtudi Station, is being dug at approximately 94.5 meters below the surface. This is the equivalent of 31 stories underground.
[...]
While they're at it, they should just make it 11 meters deeper than that. That way, it won't just be China's deepest subway station but also the deepest subway station in the world.

Hot Rod liked this post
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 10:17 PM   #673
CNGL
Leudimin

Also, if they are building the station below Hongtudi station it's easy to name it: Hongtudi .

Hot Rod liked this post
Old July 20th, 2017, 10:30 AM   #674
skyridgeline

Likes (Received): 1214

There must be shopping centers 30 meters deep. And the project is over budget. Run by the MTR?
skyridgeline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 02:20 AM   #675
Hot Rod
Big City Enthusiast

Location: Vancouver, Osaka, Chicago, Chongqing, Seattle, and OKC
Likes (Received): 99

Zaz965 liked this post
Hot Rod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2017, 03:20 AM   #676
sweet-d

Likes (Received): 265

I was in Chongqing about a week ago and I stayed near Hongtudi. I didn't know i was the deepest in China but I had to take three escalators to get to the platform so deep it was annoying wasting 3 minutes just to leave and to go. I did take video of Chongqing Metro but none of it was at Hongtudi though.
sweet-d no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2017, 04:22 AM   #677
Zaz965
Je suis kanonirsss

Likes (Received): 27898

by KAZAN RESIDENT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAZAN RESIDENT View Post

Old July 26th, 2017, 11:46 AM   #678
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18167

Sunday, July 23, 2017
China's deepest subway station under construction
Xinhua Excerpt

CHONGQING - The municipality of Chongqing in southwest China is extending a subway station to more than 94 meters underground, an equivalent of 31 storeys below ground, which will make China's deepest station.

Hongtudi station, which opened on Line 6 years ago, was dubbed Chongqing's deepest station at 60 meters below ground. Now, the station is being extended deeper to connect with Line 10, a new metro line to be opened by the end of 2017.

Chongqing is known as a "mountain city" in China. Because of the hilly terrain and to avoid damaging air-raid shelters and pile foundation of street buildings, the station has to be built deep underground.

It currently takes commuters more than three minutes to get from the platform of Line 6 to the street by taking elevators, longer if they wish to climb 354 steps.

The station's 32 elevators will be increased to 91 when it becomes a transfer station.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

zntfdr, dimlys1994, Hot Rod, Zaz965 liked this post
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2017, 12:05 PM   #679
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26129

Taken from Chinese transport thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkstrknb View Post

Chongqing China has the best monorail system in the world IMHO! I love the 8 car monorail trains. The frequency of the Metro Line 3 is very high in the downtown core!

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

2mchris, Hot Rod, lkstrknb liked this post
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2017, 12:19 PM   #680
zidar fr

Likes (Received): 625

I have completed a thorough revamp of my Chongqing metro map adding all lines under construction and mountain ranges in order to better reflect the complex landscape of the city.

Full resolution image:
http://www.inat.fr/metro/chongqing/

Tags
chongqing