daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 29th, 2005, 07:03 PM   #201
geoff_diamond
Live from the Loop

Likes (Received): 2

Wait, you mean that when they finish painting the outside of building, that doesn't end it's time as "under construction."?
geoff_diamond no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2005, 10:16 PM   #202
wickedestcity
BANNED

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Urban Politician
^These Tribune columnists reporting on developments downtown SUCK! It is quite a huge shame and embarassment how badly they get their facts mixed up. Maybe they all live in the suburbs and have no clue. Either way, do your jobs and get the facts right, mother****ers!
lol , i agree man but its funny how worked up you get about it. its becouse you have such a passion of these subects that it bothers you to the point that you curse. dont worry , i do the same thing.
wickedestcity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2005, 05:39 AM   #203
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Likes (Received): 886

Well, they are officially ,arketing The Chandler now. There was a large rendering of the building in this past Sunday's Chicago Tribune. The building is also now on the Lakeshore East website.

THE CHANDLER

The high-life happens at The Chandler, a world-class high-rise at Lakeshore East. Rising 35 stories above the Chicago Skyline, with 286 residences, the Chandler offers amenities such as an indoor rooftop pool, rooftop decks, a media room and an outstanding fitness facility.

The vibrant new neighborhood on the New East Side is a place for extraordinary things, and there’s no doubt that, the Chicago River, Lake Michigan, Millennium Park and the Park at Lakeshore East will catch your eye. But it’s The Chandler that will command your attention, capture your spirit, and welcome you home.

Studios, 1, 2, 3 Bedroom, Penthouse
Distinctive Luxury Condominiums

Priced from the low $200’s up to $1.7 million

CALL TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT

BVictor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2005, 06:06 AM   #204
Chi_Coruscant

Likes (Received): 0

After Chandler, what's next?
Chi_Coruscant no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2005, 07:05 AM   #205
2PRUROCKS!

^I think a building just west of the Regatta and a ~70 story building on the north west portion of the site just south of the fire station. The latter is to be designed by Janine Gang.
2PRUROCKS! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2005, 07:13 AM   #206
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi_Coruscant
After Chandler, what's next?
I believe that a 70+ story building is planned on Columbus Drive just north of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Building. The thing is, I don't know if this is one of the parcels that was sold off ro not, not that it matters. The building it think is being designed by Studio Gang

I'm trying to make an appointment with them to learn more on the project.
Old June 8th, 2005, 01:39 PM   #207
Chi_Coruscant

I am praying very hard for Janine Gang's design on 70-story building is spectacular.
Old June 8th, 2005, 05:42 PM   #208
ChicagoLover

Man why couldn't they have started with Studio Gang in the first place?!?!
ChicagoLover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2005, 07:10 PM   #209
geoff_diamond
Live from the Loop

Likes (Received): 2

It's Jeanne Gang.
geoff_diamond no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2005, 09:10 PM   #210
The Urban Politician
The City

Likes (Received): 21

Will this be the 1st major highrise in Chicago designed by a woman?
The Urban Politician no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2005, 06:54 AM   #211
Chi_Coruscant

http://www.lakeshoreeast.com/images/LSEneigh.pdf

Not sure if you guys already saw the updated LSE map involving Chandler and East Village Market. If you have, my apology.
Old June 9th, 2005, 06:53 PM   #212
The Urban Politician
The City

Likes (Received): 21

Would someone mind posting this map? My stupid f$#king computer is not capable of pulling it up
The Urban Politician no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 01:19 AM   #213
ThirdCoast312

do we know the site location of this studio gang tower?
ThirdCoast312 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 01:26 AM   #214
Steely Dan
born again cyclist

Likes (Received): 1297

^ along columbus, just south of the fire station.
Old June 10th, 2005, 01:38 AM   #215
edsg25
BANNED

Likes (Received): 105

Interesting map: for the first time, the market place has a name (East Village Market) and a shape, but the CPS school has disappeared from the park (does this mean that CPS has some questions about this project?).

I wonder when more information will be released on the market place...what a great location; it should be able to draw from LSE condos and rowhouses and the surrounding downtown areas. I wonder if East village Market is the real name, or just the name they're working with at the present.
edsg25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 06:46 AM   #216
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Last edited by BVictor1; June 10th, 2005 at 07:04 AM.
Old June 10th, 2005, 04:50 PM   #217
itsnotrequired

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25
Interesting map: for the first time, the market place has a name (East Village Market) and a shape, but the CPS school has disappeared from the park (does this mean that CPS has some questions about this project?).
The area has a long way to go before it reaches the population levels necessary for a new school. Lots of families need to move in as well. Seems like a lot of the condo buyers are empty-nesters, retired couples or single people. I wouldn't say it is scrapped at this point but realistically, I don't forsee any school being built for at least 10 years (assuming no other major projects get built in the area).
itsnotrequired no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 06:13 PM   #218
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotrequired
The area has a long way to go before it reaches the population levels necessary for a new school. Lots of families need to move in as well. Seems like a lot of the condo buyers are empty-nesters, retired couples or single people. I wouldn't say it is scrapped at this point but realistically, I don't forsee any school being built for at least 10 years (assuming no other major projects get built in the area).
I don't think that the school has been scrapped, but I do know that the developer wants to move it out of the park, becaause he feels tht the park should remain whole. I agree with that. I think that they were thinking of placing the school between The Lancaster and The Shorham. They should just incorporate the school into the base of one of the towers and be done with it.
Old June 10th, 2005, 06:18 PM   #219
itsnotrequired

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1
I don't think that the school has been scrapped, but I do know that the developer wants to move it out of the park, becaause he feels tht the park should remain whole. I agree with that. I think that they were thinking of placing the school between The Lancaster and The Shorham. They should just incorporate the school into the base of one of the towers and be done with it.
I walked through the park for the first time last week. The developer is probably on the right track in regards to moving the school out of the park. It seems like the park would seem too small with a school in the NE corner of it. Moving it into the base of one of the towers is a great idea.
itsnotrequired no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 06:51 PM   #220
Frumie

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotrequired
I walked through the park for the first time last week. The developer is probably on the right track in regards to moving the school out of the park. It seems like the park would seem too small with a school in the NE corner of it. Moving it into the base of one of the towers is a great idea.
This alteration stinks to high heaven, placing future developer promises in jeopardy. As a teacher of some 44 years, a school for many reasons needs its own presence. If the mayor had reneged on this school plan, the Chicago press would be spluttering their customary righteous indignation, it's what sells their third rate product.
Frumie no está en línea   Reply With Quote