daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 4th, 2006, 12:47 AM   #421
Chi_Coruscant

Likes (Received): 0

942'-6"
Thanks for the update, BVictor!!!!
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chi_Coruscant no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2006, 02:30 AM   #422
forumly_chgoman
BANNED

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam186
Holy shit that is tall. Thanks Vic! I'm begining to grow impatient for the rendering. I don't know about you guys, but has itn't been awhile since they said it should be released in the next couple of weeks? Or is it sometime this month? I'm going crazy and can't wait any longer
942! that is amazing......wasn't it originally set for soenthing close to 700 so an increase of over 250ft....I wish this happened to more towers.....

.....any possibility of the remaining towers also seeing a height increase I wonder?
forumly_chgoman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 02:31 AM   #423
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Likes (Received): 879

I just came from the sales center, and they said no information would be available until probably April, but this doesn't mean a rendering won't be released sooner. We'll just have to wait.
BVictor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 06:27 AM   #424
ChgoLvr83

Likes (Received): 1

Cool news on the height. Question: I know this has been asked before but what is the next project after the Chandler? The Tides? And after that because they dont have to sell anything in the Tides to start construction. It seems to switch from the Parkhomes to the Gang Tower. And since April is a ways away, Im just curious on what on the agenda. Im just ready to see some interesting architecture come out of LSE.
Old February 4th, 2006, 08:07 PM   #425
Anna22

A little birdie who would know has told me the Columbus building (Gang) will be 85 stories, top 1/2 condos and its to be called Aqua.
Anna22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 08:43 PM   #426
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

Now who would you be? Thanks for the heads up

So I assume the Fairmont is taking the bottom half for hotel-condos?

Last edited by spyguy; February 4th, 2006 at 08:48 PM.
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:02 PM   #427
Anna22

My understanding is the first few floors will be retail, including a high end health club and then residental rental, then hotel condos and then condos. But, as we all know, this is subject to change! And, yes, the involved hotel is the Fairmont, from what I've been told. Lastly, per my little bird friend, the building is stunning.
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:03 PM   #428
Anna22

One last thing. Last I heard, and I haven't heard this has changed, the retail/rental/hotel entrance will be on Columbus but the condos will have a private entrance fronting the park.
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:05 PM   #429
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

You are invaluable. I hope you stick around this little forum.
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:08 PM   #430
Anna22

I will. And, I'll let you know when I hear or see anything interesting. One thing I just noticed is that they've marked off with flags and such the area for the Tides and I have heard that should break ground in the next month or so. And, after that, it will be the Gang building, not the Parkhomes. They also expect Treasure Island to be in sometime in early 2007, maybe late this year.

And (I keep thinking of things) I was also told that the Gang building will be so unique that unlike normal buildings where the floorplans are fairly standard for 1, 2, 3 bedroom models, this one will have numerous floorplans for each size condo, so many that their selling plans are affected. Also, the condos will be heavy on the 1, 1+den and 2 bedroom plans rather than huge penthouses and 3/4 bedroom plans like in the Chandler.
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:30 PM   #431
The Urban Politician
The City

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna22
I will. And, I'll let you know when I hear or see anything interesting. One thing I just noticed is that they've marked off with flags and such the area for the Tides and I have heard that should break ground in the next month or so. And, after that, it will be the Gang building, not the Parkhomes. They also expect Treasure Island to be in sometime in early 2007, maybe late this year.

And (I keep thinking of things) I was also told that the Gang building will be so unique that unlike normal buildings where the floorplans are fairly standard for 1, 2, 3 bedroom models, this one will have numerous floorplans for each size condo, so many that their selling plans are affected. Also, the condos will be heavy on the 1, 1+den and 2 bedroom plans rather than huge penthouses and 3/4 bedroom plans like in the Chandler.
^ Wow, you have been a delightful addition to this forum. Welcome to SSC and we all hope you stick around for a VERY long time!

But seriously, you are either highly involved in Lakeshore East or perhaps you are Jeanne Gang herself!
The Urban Politician no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:34 PM   #432
rgolch

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna22

Wow, just walks into the forum, and earns immediate open arms acceptance. I think I speak for everyone when I say "Welcome Aboard." As you can guess, we are all junkies of this website, so we love anyone who can give us a fix.
rgolch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:37 PM   #433
Anna22

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Urban Politician
^ Wow, you have been a delightful addition to this forum. Welcome to SSC and we all hope you stick around for a VERY long time!

But seriously, you are either highly involved in Lakeshore East or perhaps you are Jeanne Gang herself!
LOL!!! No, I am not Jeanne Gang, though I hear she is a very interesting woman and highly talented nor do I work for LSE. I do however know quite a few who do and through a combination of those people, do hear certain things pretty early on. The project is going even better than expected and the Regatta is quite ahead of schedule.

I'm in that area quite a bit so I'll take some photos as the Chandler and the Tides go up and post.
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:41 PM   #434
Anna22

Last for today. Yes there will be a 2nd tower south of the Gang tower on Columbus but those plans are in the future. And, there are three more buildings planned in the area of the Chandler.

Frankly, everyone involved with this project are quite excited and enthusiastic. Many of those working for LSE and its rental management company live in the development and many of their friends have and are buying into the condo buildings. To me, that says a lot about their faith in it. One day soon I will be living there also. I'm looking forward to it, to say the least!
Old February 4th, 2006, 11:25 PM   #435
Chi_Coruscant

Anna22, your info are amazing and insightful! Thanks so much! Please stick around with us. We are thrilled to have you onboard.

One question: Anything's going on the front of Upper Wacker Drive? There were arches connecting 2 or 3 buildings which we all saw at the oriignal LSE master plan. Any idea about them?
Chi_Coruscant no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 12:30 AM   #436
Anna22

I haven't heard about an 'arch' per se but someone did mention that when the Tides is built, it will connect with the Shoreham and then will connect with Upper Wacker, so maybe that has something to do with the arch concept. I'll keep my ears open and see what I can find out.
Old February 5th, 2006, 04:34 AM   #437
ChicagoLover

Wow, an insider! I am trying to restrain myself. That said, what will the LSE developers do (if anything) to cover up the 3-level viaduct making up Wacker Drive that is now exposed?
ChicagoLover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 04:46 AM   #438
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2759

I dunno ChicagoLove but it has to be dealt with eventually. Hopefully someone has a plan for it, ANYTHING!!
nomarandlee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 09:34 PM   #439
The Urban Politician
The City

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoLover
Wow, an insider! I am trying to restrain myself. That said, what will the LSE developers do (if anything) to cover up the 3-level viaduct making up Wacker Drive that is now exposed?
^ Well, the site plan for LSE clearly shows that there will be another "layer" of buildings north of the Shoreham and Tides, lining up along Wacker. I really don't think any connection between Shoreham and Tides will serve as that "gateway arch" the we have all seen depicted in the early renderings.

I am pretty confident that when all is done, the Wacker drive 3 level roadway will be covered up. Seems like a rather simple and silly thing for the developers to overlook
The Urban Politician no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 09:51 PM   #440
PrintersRowBoiler

Likes (Received): 1

I just came from the sales trailer, and it was just announced this week that the building will be called AQUA.
It will be 80 stories tall. The first 40 stories will be a mix of retail, rental, and an extension to the Fairmont Hotel (Not sure if they will be hotel condos or just hotel rooms).
The building will be "contemporary and young" with a lot of glass.
It is expected to be completed in 2009 and it will sit at the NW corner of the site on Columbus.
PrintersRowBoiler no está en línea   Reply With Quote