daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > Kochi

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 19th, 2012, 04:07 AM   #341
vjkrishn

Likes (Received): 1288

Feast on some sizzlers this weekend!!

Quote:
Chak De! Restaurant (near Oberon Mall) is here with their new menu, and this time they have included some yummy steaks and sizzlers in it. They are celebrating their second anniversary, and as a part of the celebrations they are treating Kochiites with the best steak delicacies. ‘Sizzler Fest’ will be all about delectable sizzlers that can satisfy your palate and fill your tummy.

The fest is on from the 15th of Feb to March 15th, so make sure you don’t miss this one month of steak feast! They have Tangdi Kebab sizzlers, Kalmi kebab sizzlers, chicken mix, fish steak, and mini sea food sizzlers.
vjkrishn no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 19th, 2012, 04:09 AM   #342
vjkrishn

Likes (Received): 1288

'Tokyo Bay' to open at Hotel Presidency soon

Quote:
In the kitchen of Japanese chef Akinori Nishloka’s apartment, at Kochi, M.V. Charles is busy chopping vegetables with a steel knife. For the past three months, he has been undergoing training under the Japanese chef. And this is in preparation for the new restaurant, ‘Tokyo Bay’, which will be opening at the Hotel Presidency very soon. Asked what are the common features in all Japanese dishes, Charles says, “There is frequent use of salt, tamarind, and sugar.”

Akinori is busy preparing different type of menus. In one, he starts with chicken cutlets. This is followed by a small dish called the kobachi. He rushes to the refrigerator and takes out a glass bowl. In it, there are radish, pickle, chillies, coriander, capsicum, carrot and basil leaves, all placed in a liquid of vinegar and salt. “Kobachi is an appetiser,” he says.
Thereafter, there is the Miso soup, which is the most famous in Japan. “It is made of soyabean paste and can consist of dried sardines or tuna.”

Then there are Japanese pickles, Chinese cabbage, and chicken cutlet with shredded vegetables. “You can have rice or steamed bread,” he says. “Japanese rice is thick and sticky. People in Kashmir eat the same type of rice, so we are getting it from there.”

Other items include prawn rolls in omelette, tuna in toasted sea plants, squid or egg rice balls.
“You could also have a chawanmushi,” he says. “This looks like a pudding, but it is not sweet. Inside are chicken, vegetables, and mushrooms.” And finally, there is sushi.

“It is raw fish,” says Charles. “But when you mix it with the sauce, it is tasty.” So will the Malayali take to the Japanese cuisine? “Things like chicken cutlets will do very well,” says Charles. And will Akinori put in a bit of masala powder to satisfy the Mallu palate? He laughs and says, “No powder. Instead, I will give masala sauce separately.
The patrons can mix it with the food any way they
like.”

What Akinori is very proud about is that the Japanese can make several dishes from one vegetable. “From potatoes, we make 30 varieties,” he says. “From Chinese cabbage, we can make soup, salad, pickle and sushi rolls.”
But what is the most taxing work for him is when he goes to Broadway to buy vegetables. “Ladies fingers and beans are very hard,” he says. “Unlike in Japan, the good and the bad vegetables are put in the same basket. In Japan, they throw away the bad items. I have to observe carefully and take the best.”

Akinori, who has worked in Germany, Iran, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia, has been in Kochi for the past three years. Earlier, he was making food for the employees of the Japanese company, IHI Corporation, which was involved in the setting up of the LNG gas terminal at Vallarpardom. When that work got over, he decided to stay on, because he loved the people. “They are nice and peaceful,” he says. “They have bigger hearts than the Japanese.”
So, watch executive chef Akinori in action at the Tokyo Bay in the near future.
vjkrishn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:05 AM   #343
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

Likes (Received): 2666

Zootout Launches Online Food Recommendation Engine
Quote:
Indore-based Zootout has launched a food and lifestyle recommendation engine, that allows users to discover new restaurants around him. It competes with other players such as Infomedia18′s restaurant guide Burrp and the Info Edge backed Zomato. The company claims to offer services in 11 Indian cities including Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Goa, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kochi, Kolkata, Pune and in Singapore.

Homepage: Zootout currently offers listings only in the Food and nightlife segment with a ‘Coming Soon’ tag on other genres such as beauty and fitness, shopping, deals and discount, events and sale. Users can either search for their preferred restaurant/cuisine in a specific place using the search box or browse through place listings across various categories like restaurant, bars, cafe, lounge, pub; various cuisines like North Indian, chinese, desserts, fast food, continental; or browse places on the basis of service offerings like dine-in, airconditioned, home delivery, take away and others.
Malayaali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 02:32 PM   #344
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Likes (Received): 3106

Well another Fast Food Chain from UAE, is fastly gearing up for Kochi.

Abu Dhabi based SFC group, which runs British Fast Food company- Southern Fried Chicken and Pizza Pan in GCC as Master Franchise, will be launching SFC Chain across Kerala within next 7 months.

The Company's fully owned Indian Subsidiary Muralya Group, based in Trivandrum with its commercial office at Kochi has published recruitment notice for various positions in F&B Industry and restaurant administration, to be based in Kochi.

The Company will be opening the first SFC store in Kochi, have plans for more units in Trivandrum, Kollam, Malappuram, Kozhikode and Thrissur. Its heard that company will be investing 700 crore for its Indian operations of SFC. Eariler Southern Fried Chicken was started in Hyderabad under Manha Foods, but the parent UK company decided to keep state franchises than Master franchise mode. As a result, Kerala market will be handled by own stores of SFC by Muralya Group.

In addition, they have plans to start a dairy farm in Kollam, two 4 star hotels based in Trivandrum and Kochi as well as an Ad Company based in Kochi.

The company also plans to extend its fine dining restaurant brand- the India Palace also to Kochi (probably in Lulu Mall as heard).

The SFC group started its Indian operations as Muralya Group in Trivandrum in 2010 end which is now into catering and tourism industry. The company, owned by Muralidharan, a popular NRK expat in UAE, is a pioneer in Franchise Fast Food restaurant business in UAE with SFC. Currently more than 30 stores of SFC operates across UAE and the company plans to increase its presence across GCC coming years.

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2012, 02:36 PM   #345
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

Great update MI, lot to cheer for Kochi fanatics
Old February 23rd, 2012, 02:51 PM   #346
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malayaali View Post

Great update MI, lot to cheer for Kochi fanatics
Actually they were to start operations last year.... But delayed, due to many issues..... In addition, there was a controversy as Manha Group started SFC first in India in AP and was planning to expand into other states, while SFC (read as Southern Franchising Company LLC) was served with a legal notice for infrignment of trade-mark of parent company.

Hence the company was renamed as Muralya Group in India..... And the issue of franchising has to be settled. Last year mid, SFC's parent company Arthur's Fast Food Systems, decided that in India, it can be under state franchise, instead of single Master franchise.

However Manha group ended its SFC operations in Hyderabad by last quarter of last year itself, citing poor sales.

I guess, SFC is now gearing up fast, to take over AP market too... Manha was not efficient in promotion of SFC and it was more considered as a local brand than international brand, that too in a major city like Hyderabad.....
------

Muralya now has a full fledged catering unit and a property division in its Trivandrum office. They are doing some catering activities for certain companies in Technopark. Thats what I heard... Not sure. Also they have a travel agency company too.....

They have a full fledged office in Church Landing Road near Fine Arts Hall in Kochi.... One of their newly appointed Marketing manager is a class-mate of mine. He is based in Kochi. I got much information from him.... Equally saw the recruitment ad in Manorama's Jobs page.... Couldn't post here.....

-----

SFC chicken is quite different from regular ones.... Its skinless and broasted chicken.... My sister and many of my friends like it very much.... But to be honest, I don't like that... I prefer either KFC or Popeyes or Texas etc when given a choice of fried American chicken......

MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
Old February 26th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #347
The Adventurer
Living Things \m/

Likes (Received): 261

Don't know if its been posted here before...
But there's this new (december) joint called kuttimulla that has opened near the passport office in panampilly nagar. They serve toddy cuisine just like shaap curry(without the toddy ofcourse). They serve dinner too.
I've been there a few times and even had them cater for a party.the food is really good and inexpensive. The owner was the manager at "mullapanthal"
he also said that he's in the process of taking over the lease to run "parampara" in panampilly nagar which is well furnished and air conditioned.... So once he begins to run it, I think we'll have a fine fine toddy cuisine restaurant in town too.
The Adventurer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #348
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
Don't know if its been posted here before...
But there's this new (december) joint called kuttimulla that has opened near the passport office in panampilly nagar. They serve toddy cuisine just like shaap curry(without the toddy ofcourse). They serve dinner too.
I've been there a few times and even had them cater for a party.the food is really good and inexpensive. The owner was the manager at "mullapanthal"
he also said that he's in the process of taking over the lease to run "parampara" in panampilly nagar which is well furnished and air conditioned.... So once he begins to run it, I think we'll have a fine fine toddy cuisine restaurant in town too.
Ohh thats so strange? Toddy Fine Cuisine? An innovation indeed....

By the way Parampara is not really doing well... I have never seen any rush there, despite of prime location..... Whereas there are more crowds for Curry Pot which is more far inside......

Its good, to see some innovations being planned..... I had Shap food experience from the one behind Maharaja College.... Ohhh Man... Its really awesome, especially the duck roast.....

MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
Old February 26th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #349
The Adventurer
Living Things \m/

Likes (Received): 261

Curry Pot is doing really well.... Be prepared to wait for almost an hour on weekends if you don't have a reservation...Curry Pot killed 12 to 12 bar b que i'd say.
SUBWAY has put up a hoarding at manorama junction i hear. I hear its open starting today.Dont know the exact location, might be able to confirm by tomorrow.
They're probably on trial run like mainland China was.
The Adventurer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #350
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
Curry Pot is doing really well.... Be prepared to wait for almost an hour on weekends if you don't have a reservation...Curry Pot killed 12 to 12 bar b que i'd say.
SUBWAY has put up a hoarding at manorama junction i hear. I hear its open starting today.Dont know the exact location, might be able to confirm by tomorrow.
They're probably on trial run like mainland China was.
I don't think so Curry Pot and 12-12 Barbeque could be in direct competition. The former is a fine dining multi-cuisine restaurant, unlike the latter, which is more causal one..... However Curry Pot is really fabalous.... Eariler I used to call up for delivery of their services. Now they stopped home delivery to beyond 3 Kms.... But I really liked the quality of food served there.....

I too have heard Subway is returning back in Panamapally Nagar. But not sure... Might be at Itty's place as heard that there was some renovation going on in its ground floor..... Since they are multi-franchise restaurant, I feel it would be likely to be there... Please check and update, if possible......

MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
Old February 26th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #351
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Few updates

1. The 8th Baskin Robbins Store will be opening at Jawahar Nagar, opposite Bake My Day by second week of March

2. Bread World has brought Kochi's first London Dairy Premium Ice-cream store in their Jawahar Nagar outlet. The second outlet will be opening shortly at Oberon Food Circle in Panampally Nagar.

MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
Old February 26th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #352
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedirshad06 View Post
Few updates

1. The 8th Baskin Robbins Store will be opening at Jawahar Nagar, opposite Bake My Day by second week of March

2. Bread World has brought Kochi's first London Dairy Premium Ice-cream store in their Jawahar Nagar outlet. The second outlet will be opening shortly at Oberon Food Circle in Panampally Nagar.
nice updates MI. Btw, are you sure about new BR being 8th? As a store, that may be right, taking all the joints, i think we have more than 10 in Cochin
Old February 29th, 2012, 09:39 AM   #353
DileepKS
Armchair Activist

Likes (Received): 2448

I happened to look around YummyBay and was surprised to see more than 280 restaurants listed for Kochi. That was after removing all non-restaurant entries from the list.

Definitely, Kochi is the Food Capital along with the other designations like Commercial Capital, Tourism Capital etc.

Here is the list. Many of the places are not covered in the posts on this thread. Maybe we should!!

12-12 Barbeque Restaurant : Near Passport Office, Panampilly Nagar
14 Avenue Restaurant : 14th Cross Road, Main Avenue, Panampilly Nagar
4 Seasons @ Times Square Hotel : Club Road, Near Collector\'s Camp Office, Cochin
Abad Airport Hotel : Nedumbassery Cochin International Airport
Abad Food Court-Bay Pride Mall : Bay Pride Mall Marine Drive,Kochi
Adukala @ Ambadys Palmgrove : Ambady Retreat Chilavanoor Road
Adukkala : Thykoodam,Vyttila
Al Arabik Foodplaza : Kaloor-Kathrikadavu Road Kaloor
Al Barad Restaurant : Janatha Junction, Thykoodam Vyttila
Ambiswamys Vegetarian Restaurant : M. G. Road, Pallimukku
Arabian Fiesta : Elamkulam, Near Little Flower Church, Sahodaran Ayyappan Road, Kadavanthra
Arabian Food Court : Kundanoor, Maradu
Aryaas Veg Hotel : NH 47, Nettoor,Kochi
Attic Steak House : Marine Drive, Opp Poineer Tower , Shanmughom Road
Avenue center : Panampilly Nagar
Avenue Regent: Cocoa Tree : Inside Avenue Regent Hotel
Awaany Restaurant : Chirackal Building, Opp Sunrise Hospital, Seaport Airport Road, Kakkanad
Bake My Day : Jawahar Nagar, Kadavanthra
Balaji Vegetarian Restaurant : Srinivasa Enclave, T.D. East Sannidhi Road, MG Road
Banaras @ Hotel Aiswarya : Opp lotus club, Jos junction
Bangkok Chinese Restaurant : Thykoottathil Building, Vazhakkala, Kakkanad
Bay Pride Mall: China Town : Abad Food Court,Bay Pride Mall
Bay Pride Mall: Juice Lounge : Abad Food Court,Bay Pride Mall
Bay Pride Mall: Kebabs & Curries : Abad Food Court,Bay Pride Mall
Bay Pride Mall: Marrybrown Express : Abad Food Court,Bay Pride Mall
Bay Pride Mall: Pizza Xpress : Abad Food Court,Bay Pride Mall
Bay Pride Mall: Potpourri : Abad Food Court,Bay Pride Mall
Bimbis Fast Food : Jos Junction, MG Road
Biriyani Hut - Mamangalam : Mamangalam, Palarivattom
Biriyani Hut Kaloor : Kathrikadavu Road
Biriyani Hut Vazhakala : Vazhakkkala, Kakkanad
Bolgatty Palace (KTDC) : Mulavukadu, Bolgatty
Bread World : SC Bose Road,Jawahar Nagar
Breeze : Near Ayurveda Hospital, Puthiyakavu, Tripunithura
Brindavan Veg Restaurant : Civil Line Road, Palarivattom
Browns Restaurant : Victoria towers, Opp Seemati Entrance,Banerji Road
Brunton Boatyard: Melting Pot : Fort Kochi
Brunton Boatyard: The history café : Fort Kochi
BTH: Kempu- The Coffee Shop : Nettipadam Road, Off. M G Road, Jos Junction
BTH: Subhiksha Restaurant : Nettipadam Road, Off. M G Road, Jos Junction
Cafe @ Cochin : Plot No G 360, Panampilly Nagar
Cafe Coffee Day, Cochin Airpor : Inside Cochin Airport, International Terminal
Cafe Coffee Day, Fort Kochi : Inside Hotel The House of Yesudas Bldg, Fort Kochi
Cafe Coffee Day, Infopark : INSIDE Leela Info Park, Site No 5Kakkanad
Cafe Coffee Day, MG Road : at Shenoy Junction, OPP Shenoys Theatre, MG Road
Cafe Coffee Day, Oberon Mall : Inside Oberon Mall
Cafe Coffee Day, Pallimukku : Next to Hotel Delhi Durbar,Opp Medical Trust hospital, Pallimukku Jn
Cafe Coffeel : 32/2451, SN Junction, Palarivattom
Cafe Minar : MG Road, Pallimukku
Cafe Orange @ Hillview : Civil Lane Road, Padamugal
Casanova @ Fort Castle : Rose Lane, Fort Kochi
Ceylon Bake House : MG Road
Chak De Express : Panampilly Nagar
Chak De Restaurant : Near Oberon Mall, N.H 47, Edapally
Chandrus Restaurant : Near Public Library,Convent Road
Chickeez Stars : F 2107, J N International Stadium,Kaloor
Chicken Chicago : Padamugal
Chicking, Aluva : By pass Road, Aluva
Chicking, MG Road : Amritha Towers, Ground Floor,MG.Road
Chicking, Palarivattom : Palarivattom
Chicking, Thoppumpady : LG Towers, Thoppumpady
Chillax : NH 47,BypassNear Gold Souk,Vyttila
Chimney : Near IBP Petrol Pump, Toll Gate, Edappally
Chinese Garden : Opp Kottakal Arya Vaidya Sala, Warriom Road
Chopstix : Civil Lane Road, Palarivattom
Cloud 9 Roof top Restaurant : MG Road, Pallimukku
Cochin BBQ Kakkanad : Happy Home-6, Seaport-Air Port Road, Chittathukara, Kakkanad
Cochin BBQ Palarivattom : Near S.N Junction, Kunnath Lane, Palarivattom
Cochin Majlis Food Mall : Near Oberon Mall, NH 47
Coco Tree : MG Road,Pallimukku
Coffee Cube : Opp:Esplanade,Press Club Road, Convent Junction
Curry Pot : Main Avenue Road, Panampilly Nagar
Dominos Pizza-Ravipuram : MG Road,Ravipuram,Kochi
Down Town Restaurant : Rajaji Road
Dream Hotel: Ava Lounge : Inside Dream Hotel, S.A, Road, Elamkulam Junction, Kadavanthara
Dream Hotel: Ayela Restaurant : SA Road,Elamkulam Junction, Kadavanthra
Dream Hotel: High-Bar : SA Road,Elamkulam
Dream Hotel: Keshia : Inside Dream Hotel, S.A, Road, Elamkulam Junction, Kadavanthara
Dream Hotel: Mainland China : Dream Hotel,SA Road, Elamkulam
Dream Hotel: Willington Lounge Café : Dream Cochin S.A, Road, Elamkulam Junction
Eatreat Restaurant : NH 47, Near SCMS Kalamassery
Ela Restaurant : Shanmugam Road, MarineDrive
Febina Restaurant : PT Jacob Road, Thoppumpady
Flora Airport Hotel- Blue Bell : Opp International Terminal,Cochin International Airport,Kochi
Flora Airport Hotel-Food Circl : Opp International Terminal,Cochin International Airport,Kochi
Flora Airport Hotel-Olive Tree : Opp International Terminal,Cochin International Airport,Kochi
Flora Airport Hotel-Peppermint : Opp International Terminal,Cochin International Airport,Kochi
Floret Food Court : Near Nine Ten Super Market, Changampuzha Park, Edapally
Floret Food Court: Great Wall : Floret Food Court,Near Changapuzha Park,Edapally
Floret Food Court: HoneyDew : Floret Food Court,Near Changapuzha Park,Edapally
Floret Food Court: Naadan : Floret Food Court,Near Changapuzha Park,Edapally
Floret Food Court: Olive : Floret Food Court,Near Changapuzha Park,Edapally
Floret Food Court: Piccato : Floret Food Court,Near Changapuzha Park,Edapally
Food Castle : Near Stella Marys College, Udayamperoor, Tripunithura
Food Point : Desom, Aluva
Food Village : Jawahar Nagar, Kadavanthra
Fort Cafe : Above Goodwill, Convent Road, Convent Junction
Fort Cochin Sea Food Restauran : Weillington Island
Four Seasons Restaurant : Princess Street, Fort Kochi
French Toast Restaurant : Kadavanthra-Kathrikadavu Road,Kaloor
Friends Hotel : Panampilly Nagar
Gama Heritage Residency : Ballard Group of Hotels, Fort Cochin
Garam Masala : Civil Lane Road, Palarivattom
Gate Way Inn : Civil Lane Road, Palarivattom
Gold Souk: 24 Carat Restaurant : 2nd Floor,GoldSouk
Gold Souk: Chak De : Floor 4, Gold Souk Grande
Gold Souk: Mojo Steak House : Floor 4, Gold Souk Grande
Gold Souk: Pizza Hut : 2nd Floor,GoldSouk
Gold Souk: Rice N Spice : Floor 4, Gold Souk Grande
Golden Dragon : Vazhakkala
Golden Fork : Kakkanad Bye Pass Junction,Palarivattom
Golden Fork Food Court : Near Petta Bridge, Petta, Tripunithura
Grand Flavours : Infopark Road,Kuzhikkattumoola, Kakkanad
Grand Hotel - Couchyn Bar : Pallimukku,MG Road
Grand Hotel - The Grand Way Re : Pallimukku,MG Road
Haji Ali Juice Centre : Business Center, Jos Junction, MG Road
Harbour Gate : Bristow road, Willingdon Island
Harbour View Residency - Cokta : Opp. Cochin Shipyard, MG Road
Harbour View Residency - Glow : Opp Cochin Shipyard, MG Road
Harbour View Residency - Two T : Opp. Cochin Shipyard,MG Road
Haveli @ Abad Airport Hotels : Cochin International Air Port, Nedumbassery
Hibiscus Coffee Shop : Kaniyampuzha Toll, Eroor Off. Vyttila
Highway Garden : Padivattom, Edappally, NH 47 Byepass
Holiday Inn : NH 47,Bypass, Chakkaraparambu Junction
Holiday Inn: Masala Resturant : NH 47 Bypass, Vennala
Holiday Inn: Roma Italian Restaurant : NH 47 Bypass, Vennala
Holiday Inn: The Walk in -Wild West Bar : NH 47 Bypass, Palarivattom
Hot Breads : Ambady Apartments,Warriam Road
Hot N Spicy : Kaloor Kadavanthra Road
Hot Spot Kathrikadavu : Kathrikadavu,Kathrikadavu
Hot Spot Padamugal : Padamugal,Cochin,Kochi
Hot Spot Panayappilly : Panayappilly,Cochin,Kochi
Hot Spot Rajaji Road : Chicago Plaza, Rajaji Road
Hotel Abhirami : Kaloor
Hotel Anugraha : NH Bye Pass, Vytila Junction
Hotel Aragon : Janatha Junction, Palarivattom
Hotel Aryas : Opp A J Hall, Kaloor
Hotel Ceylon : Padma Junction, MG Road
Hotel Colombo : Colombo Jn, New Boat Jetty
Hotel Excellency : Nettipadam Road, Off. M G Road, Jos Junction
Hotel Luciya : Stadium Road, Near KSRTC Bus Stand, Rajaji Road
Hotel Megha : Banerji Road, Kacherippady
Hotel Paris : Carmel Building, Banerji Road
Hotel Presidency : Near North Railway Station
Hotel Rahmaniya : AJ Residency, Kaloor
Hotel Ritz : Pallimukku, MG Road
Hotel Sapphire : Jos Junction, M.G Road
Hotel Savour : Shenoys Junction, MG Road
Hotel Seiko : Opp. Mathrubhumi, Kaloor
Hotel Sona : Padma Junction,M.G.Road
Ittys Restaurant : G 290,Main Avenue, Panampilly Nagar
Jabal Al Noor : Manakkad Building, CUSAT Road, South Kalamassery
Jaybees : Palarivattom Junction
Jharokha @ Wyte Fort : NH 47,Bypass,Kundannoor
Kadambra Restaurant : Kakkanad-Pallikara Road, Near Veegaland
Kahawa Cafe : Opposite Cochin Shipyard,Atlantis,MG Road
Kaloor Coffee Shop : Kaloor
Kashi Art Cafe : Burgher Street, Fort Kochi
Kayees : DH Road, Jos Junction
Kettuvallam Restaurant : Kaloor-Kadavanthra Road,Kathrikadavu
KFC @ Gold Souk : NH 47,Bypass,Goldsouk, Vytilla
KFC @ M.G.Road : Near Jos Junction, M.G.Road
Khyber Restaurant : Upstair Bimbis Fastfood, Jose Junction
Lavanya Restaurant : Safa Complex, Ravipuram
Le Meridien - Jules Bar : NH 47,Maradu,,Kochi
Le Meridien - Lagoon : N H 47,Maradu,,Kochi
Le Meridien - Library Lounge : N H 47,Maradu,,Kochi
Le Meridien - Tandav : N H 47,Maradu,,Kochi
Le Meridien - Treasure Trove : N H 47,Maradu,,Kochi
Liora@Grande Residencia : Princess Street,FortKochi
Lokah Restaurant : NH 47,Bypass,Opp Mithra super market, Palarivattom
Lotus8: Aces Coffee Shop : Opp. Cochin International Airport
Lotus8: Jade Restaurant : Opp. Cochin International Airport
Magic Oven : Near St.Martin Church, Palarivattom
Malabar Illam : NH 47,Bypass,Chakkaraparampu
Malabar Junction : Opp St,Francis Church, Fort Kochi
Malabar Palace Vytilla : St.Patrics Square, SA Road, Vytila
Malabar Plaza : Vazhakkala
MangoTree : Princess Street, Fort Kochi
Manna Food Court : NH 47
Maria Restaurant : Konthuruthy Road, Thevara
Matteo Coffea : Marine Drive
Mayyazhi : Cochin Elegance, Palarivattom Junction
MeenRuchi : Diwans Road
Menorah @ Koderhouse : Fort Kochi
Mermaid Hotel : Mermaid Complex,Kaniyampuzha Road,Vyttila
Mina Fried Chicken : Opp.C.S.E.Z, Seaport-Airport Road, Kakkanad
Mings Wok Restaurant : Panampilly Nagar
Mirch Masala Veg Multicuisine : Minn Shenoy Centre, Near T.D Temple
Nalukettu Restaurant : Style Plaza,Thripunithura Road, Vyttila
Nasrani Kitchen : Kaloor Karhrikadavu Road
Naushad The Big Chef : Queens Residency, Opp Shenoy's Theatre, MG Road
Netaji Cafe : Thoppumpady,Kochi
New Malaya : Oasis Bldg, Opp. Ernakulam Medical Centre, Palarivattom
New Swadeshi : CS Road, Opp Main Boat Jetty, CS Road
New York Cafe : Princess Street, Fort Kochi
Nucleus Mall: China Town : Nucleus Mall,Maradu
Nucleus mall: Juice Lounge : Abad Food Court,Nucleus Mall
Nucleus mall: Kebabs & Curries : Abad Food Court,Nucleus Mall
Nucleus mall: Marrybrown Express : Abad Food Court,Nucleus Mall
Nucleus mall: Pizza Xpress : Abad Food Court,Nucleus Mall
Nucleus Mall: Potpourri : Nucleus Mall, Maradu
Nyle Plaza: Edge : NH 47,Vyttila
Nyle Plaza: Harvest : NH 47,Bypass,Vyttila
Nyle Plaza: Zync : NH 47,Vyttila,Kochi
Oberon Food Circle : 4th Floor, Oberon Mall
Oberon Food Circle (Panampally : Panampilly Nagar
Oberon Food Circle: Arabian Treat : Food Court, Level 4, Oberon Mall
Oberon Food Circle: Bread World : Food Court, Level 4, Oberon Mall
Oberon Food Circle: Krispy Chicken : Food Court, Level 4, Oberon Mall
Oberon Food Circle: Noodle King : Food Court, Level 4, Oberon Mall
Oberon Food Circle: Papa Milanos : Food Court, Level 4, Oberon Mall
Old Courtyard Hotel : Princess Street, Fort Kochi
Pandhal Cake Shop Kaloor Kadav : Kavalackal Junction,Kaloor Kadavantra Road
Pandhal Cake Shop Panampilly N : GCDA Shopping Complex, Panambilly Nagar
Pandhal Cake Shop Thevara : Near S.H. College, Thevara Ferry Road
Parampara : EAK Towers,Panampilly Nagar
Penguin International : Chittethukara, Kakkanad
Periyar Restaurant : Kaniyampuzha Toll, Eroor Off. Vyttila
Periyar Restaurant @ Gokulam Park : Opp P.V.S. Hospital, Kaloor
Pik a Bite : Opp. EMC Hospital, NH Bye Pass Road, Palarivattom
Pizza 10 : Opp.Kaloor Stadium, Kaloor
Punjab House Restaurant : Main Road, Broadway
Quality Airport Hotel : Near Cochin International Airport
Raindrops @ Saj Earth Resorts : Cochin International Airport
Ramada Hotel : Kumbalam South
Ramada: Club 11 Hundred Lounge : Kumbalam South, NH 47, Vytilla
Ramada: Fennel Restaurant : Kumbalam South, NH 47, Vytilla
Ramada: Hot Coals Grill House : Kumbalam South, NH 47, Vytilla
Real Arabia : Opp Shipyard Gate
Renaissance : Opp ICICI Bank,Palarivattom
Rossitta Wood Castle : Rose Street Fort Kochi
Royal Food Court,Aluva : C.S.I Shopping Centre, Pump Junction,Aluva
Royal Food Court,Ernakulam Nor : Near North Railway Station
Royal Food Park : Petta, Poonithura
Royal Fried Chicken : Petta Junction, Poonithura
Royal Residency: Regency Restaurant : Infopark road, Kakkanad
Royal Residency: Regent Café : Infopark road, Kakkanad
S36 - Church Landing Road : Mills Lane, Ernakulam South
Saas Tower : Cannon Shed Road
Sarovaram : NH 47 Cochin Bypass, Maradu
Seapark Restaurant : A.K Towers, N.H University Jn
Seashells : Shanmugham Road
Spice Route : Oberon Mall
Spicy Malabar : Opp Deshabhimani, Kaloor
Spinach : Panampilly Nagar
Sri Krishna Cafe : Palace Road, Mattancherri
Street Menu : Opp. Padma Junction, M.G Road
Suburban : Suburban Complex, Mamangalam
Sunken Bar @ Quality Airport H : Near Cochin International Airport
Tea Pot Cafe : Peter Celli Street, Fort Kochi
Tharavadu @ Casino Hotels : Weillington Island
The Avenue Regent : M.G. Road,Pallimukku
The Capital Anchor Fort Kochi : Fort Kochi
The Gateway: Bubble café : Taj Residency,Shanmugham Road
The Gateway: Deli : The Gateway Hotel, Marine Drive
The Gateway-Utsav : Marine Drive
The International Hotel : MG Road
The International: Tavern Bar : MG Road
The International: The Mando : MG Road
The Killians : River Road, Fort Kochi
The Oven : Shanmugham road,Marine Drive
The Pearl @ Grand Seasons : Chittoor Road
The Pepper @ Vivanta By Taj Ma : Next to Port Trust, Willington island
The Renai: Black Pearl : Palarivattom
The Renai: RasaLeela : Palarivattom
The Renai: The HoneyComb : Palarivattom
The Renai: The Pavilion : Inside The Renaissance Hotel, Palarivattom
The Renai: The Temple Of Bacchus : The Renai Cochin, Palarivattom
The Summit Roof Top Restaurant : Opp. Cochin International Airport
Thommoos : Near Saritha Theatre, Banarjiee Road
Travancore Court : Warriam Road
Trident-The Cochin Trader Bar : Bristow Road,Willington Island
Trident-Travancore Restaurant : Bristow RoadWillington island
Upstairs Italian Restaurant : Bastion Lane, Opp Santa Cruz BasilicaFort Kochi
US Pizza : Golden Fork Food Court, Near Pettah Bridge, Thripunithara
Vasantha Vihar Veg Restauarnt : Hotel Airlines Building, M.G Road
Volga Tourist Home : Kaloor Kadavanthra Road
Wangs : Kaloor
West Way Hotel : Palarivattom Junction
Woodlands(Rangoli) : Woodland Junction
Yummybay Demo : Ground Floor, Kochappilly Road, Kaloor
Yummys Chick : PT Jacob Road, Thoppumpady
Yuvarani Residency: Cheenavala : Jos Junction, MG Road
Yuvarani Residency: Juction The Bar : Jos Junction, MG Road
Zaika : C/o The Senate Hotel, 1st floor, Kacherippady
Zam Zam : Cloth Bazar road, Cloth Bazar Road
Zion Family Restaurant : MES Shopping Complex, Cochin Stock Exchange Bldg
DileepKS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 09:49 AM   #354
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DileepKS View Post
I happened to look around YummyBay and was surprised to see more than 280 restaurants listed for Kochi. That was after removing all non-restaurant entries from the list.

Definitely, Kochi is the Food Capital along with the other designations like Commercial Capital, Tourism Capital etc.

Here is the list. Many of the places are not covered in the posts on this thread. Maybe we should!!
I must say, half of them are yet to be covered... Some are out of the list due to closure, while a large number in Fort Kochi not being covered....

MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
Old February 29th, 2012, 10:12 AM   #355
e_arunsid
sid

Likes (Received): 147

Thanks DKS for the list..
Old February 29th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #356
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DileepKS View Post

Thanks Dileep Bhai for the list, you have spent some time to tabulate

But i can point out number of common restaurants missing from the list, so this doesn't even cover half as MI said. Most of them listed here is the divisions of the same Restaurant. Ceylon Bake House has atleast half a dozen joints in Kochi. Similarly for NBC, Malabar Plaza etc. Where is Paramount, Pizza Hut, Sagar, White Fort and others?

Then, calling Kochi Food Capital is OK, but more OK with Calicut i believe, even though they may have lesser numbers
Old February 29th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #357
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malayaali View Post
Thanks Dileep Bhai for the list, you have spent some time to tabulate

But i can point out number of common restaurants missing from the list, so this doesn't even cover half as MI said. Most of them listed here is the divisions of the same Restaurant. Ceylon Bake House has atleast half a dozen joints in Kochi. Similarly for NBC, Malabar Plaza etc. Where is Paramount, Pizza Hut, Sagar, White Fort and others?

Then, calling Kochi Food Capital is OK, but more OK with Calicut i believe, even though they may have lesser numbers
Calicut is basically food connoisseur place. Much more focused on its own native massive and diverse food culture..... I don't think, anyone will go to Calicut to have Pizzas or Burgers or steaks, as the native food culture itself is so strong and too diverse, sometimes irresistible by its own mark.

Whereas Kochi has comparatively little to Malabar, when comes to native food culture. Right from history, our food culture is more highly foreign influenced and focused maximum in Seafood and bit of veg dishes. Thats all... Whereas when coming to cosmopolitan food culture, surely Kochi has an edge. You have every kind of food culture, except that of too Orient and Tribal in nature..... You have more diverse fine dining restaurants, causal and freak out points and street food joints etc, serving varied taste buds.....

I feel, there lies the difference between Calicut and Kochi's food culture styles.....

MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
Old February 29th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #358
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

Yeah, i was talking on regional foodies, which i'm basically more occupied with
Old February 29th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #359
agnath.

Likes (Received): 155

many entries in the list was not known to me , would help me next time... thanks for collating it ....
agnath. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 04:05 AM   #360
DileepKS
Armchair Activist

Likes (Received): 2448

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnath. View Post
many entries in the list was not known to me , would help me next time... thanks for collating it ....
That is the exact reason why I did the collation. I didn't know half of these existed!!

Yes, A huge number of places is missing from the list. Those do not use the services of Yummybay, that's all.

Yummybay is for internet savvy, no, internet CRAZY people, so I wonder why the 'not an IT Hub' Kochi have so many outlets listed
DileepKS no está en línea   Reply With Quote