daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Under Construction

Old May 19th, 2012, 02:25 AM   #181
JYDA

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
Looks like the Phoenix Coyotes are staying. The owner of Boston Pizza is going to be buying the franchise for $165 million. It is able to be paid off over 10 years and after 4 years he can move the franchise with no penalty.
He just said on twitter it's not true
JYDA no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 19th, 2012, 03:50 AM   #182
carnifex2005

Likes (Received): 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYDA View Post
He just said on twitter it's not true
Heh. Yeah, I just listened to McCown's second hour podcast. Shannon corrected him and said that deal was dead now. I knew that deal sounded too good to be true.
carnifex2005 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #183
KingmanIII

Likes (Received): 86

Like the owner of Boston Pizza's gonna keep an NHL franchy in the 50, let alone the f**kin' DESERT.
KingmanIII está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #184
koolio

Likes (Received): 1179

Not saying if it is true or not but if it were true, I'd imagine they wouldn't announce something like this right now when Phoenix are still in the playoffs.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 08:31 PM   #185
redwingsfan

Likes (Received): 0

Anyone read this?

http://tucsoncitizen.com/arizona-new...il-budget-gap/

http://www.azcentral.com/community/glendale/articles/2012/05/18/20120518glendale-25-million-nhl-payment-utility-fund.html

This is just an utter disaster. The city of Glendale is using it's sewage and utility funds to pay for a hockey team, it's credit rating spirals down the toilet as agencies have less faith they can repay their debts. If I was a Glendale resident I'd be kicking up a huge shitstorm over this. Personally, I'm shocked the other NHL owners haven't lobbied hard and heavy to dump the financial drain.
redwingsfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 10:29 PM   #186
Darloeye

Likes (Received): 50

That team should move its not working in that city !
Shame the team are playing really great hockey with getting to the 2nd round of the playoffs this season but if the fans don't show up for a regular season game and the team is losing money the coyoles should run for the broader.
Darloeye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 11:54 PM   #187
krnboy1009

Likes (Received): 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingsfan View Post

http://www.azcentral.com/community/glendale/articles/2012/05/18/20120518glendale-25-million-nhl-payment-utility-fund.html

This is just an utter disaster. The city of Glendale is using it's sewage and utility funds to pay for a hockey team, it's credit rating spirals down the toilet as agencies have less faith they can repay their debts. If I was a Glendale resident I'd be kicking up a huge shitstorm over this. Personally, I'm shocked the other NHL owners haven't lobbied hard and heavy to dump the financial drain.
Theres a reason why other owners want Yotes to stay.
krnboy1009 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 04:25 AM   #188
blacktrojan3921
Yes, that is my face~

Likes (Received): 24

Well... To be fair to the Coyotes; I have the suspicion that this would have happened any other way even if the Coyotes left the state.

Arizona was one of the states hardest hit by the recession the U.S. went through after the 2008 stock market crash, and they're still feeling the after-effects along with Nevada.
blacktrojan3921 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 08:35 PM   #189
BoulderGrad

Likes (Received): 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktrojan3921 View Post
Well... To be fair to the Coyotes; I have the suspicion that this would have happened any other way even if the Coyotes left the state.

Arizona was one of the states hardest hit by the recession the U.S. went through after the 2008 stock market crash, and they're still feeling the after-effects along with Nevada.
Meh, thats like a mugger saying the old lady would have died from a heart attack anyways if he hadn't shot her...
Old June 8th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #190
JYDA

Forbes reported today that Jamison still hasn't raised enough money to buy the team.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozan...chase-coyotes/
JYDA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 05:16 AM   #191
flashman

Likes (Received): 30

The Coyotes have been granted a very favourable 20-year lease in the historic Jobing.com Arena. A few minor laws were broken, the Goldwater Yappy Watchdog Institute is licking a few wounds inflicted after being walked on by golf spikes, and one has to wonder whether it's really a lease or a public subsidy.

But it's the deal the team and the city needed to get done to keep the team in Phoenix.

If the deal is held up, it doesn't mean the team will enter into a phase of new-found prosperity. It merely means there's a measure in place that has to be regarded if a prospective new owner wants to buy and move the franchise. In this case, it means a new owner would have to pay to break the lease. The payment amount would likely cover the costs incurred by Glendale to build this mongrel mutt of an arena.

In other words, pay us to break even - somewhere between $2-300 million - and you can have the godforsaken hockey team not enough people care about.

Tough one for the Quebec bunch to deal with as they've already had a tough time getting public money just to build their own barn. Now it'll cost almost as much just to get a team to play in it.

Have to wonder if the money is really there in Quebec to overcome all this. If you took all the arena subisidies and applied them to province-wide university education costs, the student riots currently plaguing Montreal would be over tout farking suite , I shouldn't wonder.
flashman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 06:17 AM   #192
Sonrise

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingsfan View Post

Excellent usage of puns and double entrande. Your post is full of win.
Old June 9th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #193
Jericho-79

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashman View Post
The Coyotes have been granted a very favourable 20-year lease in the historic Jobing.com Arena. A few minor laws were broken, the Goldwater Yappy Watchdog Institute is licking a few wounds inflicted after being walked on by golf spikes, and one has to wonder whether it's really a lease or a public subsidy.
Historic?

That arena looks like it was carved out of a box.
Jericho-79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #194
BoulderGrad

Likes (Received): 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho-79 View Post
Historic?

That arena looks like it was carved out of a box.
I think that was sarcasm
Old September 11th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #195
carnifex2005

Likes (Received): 161

A week ago, Quebec City had the official groundbreaking ceremony for the new arena. Looks like this will be a go, NHL or no NHL. I suspect they will be getting a team before it opens in 2015.
carnifex2005 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #196
Sonrise

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
A week ago, Quebec City had the official groundbreaking ceremony for the new arena. Looks like this will be a go, NHL or no NHL. I suspect they will be getting a team before it opens in 2015.
Then shouldn't this thread be moved from proposed to u/c?
Old September 13th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #197
Double Duty

Likes (Received): 10

Can someone post pics of the final design of this arena?
Double Duty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #198
JJG

Likes (Received): 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Duty View Post
Can someone post pics of the final design of this arena?
Or ANY renderings, for that mattter...
JJG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 06:36 AM   #199
shhyvoodoo

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnifex2005
Here is the official website for the project:

http://www.jaimaplace.com/en/home2

Ben
Voodoo
shhyvoodoo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #200
Lord David

Likes (Received): 61

They better keep the old Colisee Quebec, you definitely need it for any future Olympics bid.

Boasting up to 15,000 for Figure Skating/Short Track Speed Skating, alongside your 18,000 seater arena for Ice Hockey I, is a big thing.
Lord David no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
quebec city