daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 10th, 2011, 10:32 PM   #241
icracked
Kulia I Ka Nu'u

Likes (Received): 42

Another view of the Boeing 747-8I, the world's longest airplane.

Highcliff, Marco Polo liked this post
icracked no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2011, 11:15 PM   #242
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14462

Quote:
Originally Posted by icracked View Post
No offense: you mean the world's longest passenger airplane

Discover Ukraine - The vibrant country: https://youtu.be/Pu8tL3ptXRM and Kyiv - The city of many faces: on SSC
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 02:32 AM   #243
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

Likes (Received): 8718

Quote:
Originally Posted by icracked
You look so much better than this fat ass A 380, my beauty!
Old September 13th, 2011, 11:45 PM   #244
stoneybee

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
You look so much better than this fat ass A 380, my beauty!
Have to disagree with you on this. I think the A380 is much better looking.
stoneybee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 01:18 AM   #245
adam_uk

Likes (Received): 13

A380 looks like big ugly elephant mind you i have been inside A380 for 13 hours flight its ok big but lookingwise nothing like boeing 747-8I this beauty is far better looking then any other aircraft out there its been the queen of the sky for the lats 30+ years and it will be the queen of the sky for the next 30+ years (THAT'S FOR SURE MATES).
Old September 14th, 2011, 01:20 AM   #246
Matze20111984

Likes (Received): 160

For me the the A380 is the best plane in the world. I've just been onboard on my flight to New York. I like the way she looks like, it's big and beauty. The B747-8I is also a beautiful plane but its just 1b while the a380 is the 1a!
Matze20111984 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 02:01 AM   #247
future.architect
Far East London

Likes (Received): 2031

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneybee View Post
Have to disagree with you on this. I think the A380 is much better looking.
I agree. No offence to the 747 and her fans, but I prefer the a380 as well.
future.architect no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 11:03 AM   #248
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 996

747>A380 end of story.

Highcliff, Marco Polo liked this post
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 12:38 PM   #249
GEwinnen
Rekordvizemeister

Likes (Received): 2754

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_uk View Post
A380 looks like big ugly elephant mind you i have been inside A380 for 13 hours flight its ok big but lookingwise nothing like boeing 747-8I this beauty is far better looking then any other aircraft out there its been the queen of the sky for the lats 30+ years and it will be the queen of the sky for the next 30+ years (THAT'S FOR SURE MATES).

I love the design of the 747 aswell though it is allmost 50 years old.
The A380 has a decent and modern design. For me the 747 is the queen of the skies, theA380 is the king of the skies.
The airlines prefer the Airbus over the 747: 25 orders for the 747-8i ' 236 for the A380
GEwinnen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #250
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 63092

The 747-8I already has 36 orders and with the 8F it's already 114, still not as many as the A380 but it isn't as dramatic. And Boeing recently also hinted a couple more orders in the near future.

But to keep things in perspective, the 514 deliveries and orders for just the 777-300ER really shows which wide body is the actual boss in the skies right now. And maybe even the biggest reason why the 747-8 sales aren't going to fast.

Highcliff liked this post
Momo1435 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 07:04 PM   #251
wesunsled
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

i would like to add, airbus is like a hot iron as of this time and few years to come, but america is rising again, watch out the modified boeing planes to come, the dreamliner, max and 797 to be release on 2014 or 2015, they will make a big plant for project 797 in asia/oceania to compete the euro/american AIRBUS company
wesunsled no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #252
future.architect
Far East London

Likes (Received): 2031

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesunsled View Post
i would like to add, airbus is like a hot iron as of this time and few years to come, but america is rising again, watch out the modified boeing planes to come, the dreamliner, max and 797 to be release on 2014 or 2015, they will make a big plant for project 797 in asia/oceania to compete the euro/american AIRBUS company
I admire your optimism, but lets put things in perspective. The Max will be at best, as good as the Neo. The 797 (new narrow body) will not fly until the mid 2020's when open rotor engines come out. At this time, Airbus will also release its new narrow body which will no doubt be similar.

Airbus already has a factory in china that assembles a320's.
The dreamliner has been very successful from a sales perspective, but the programme is so messed up it will be loosing money for years to come.

What Boeing and Airbus should really be worried about is not each other, but new competitors from China, Brazil and Russia.
future.architect no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 11:16 PM   #253
Maxi_Moscow

Likes (Received): 1516

Quote:
Originally Posted by future.architect View Post
What Boeing and Airbus should really be worried about is not each other, but new competitors from China, Brazil and Russia.
Decades before it happens.

China - very doubtful, Brazil - already, Russia - most likely, will not create any threat for Boeing and/or Airbus for decades if we are talking about widebody long haul aircraft.
Maxi_Moscow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 12:20 AM   #254
niknak

Likes (Received): 319

I highly doubt there will be serious competition from China and Russia. Yes, they may offer a plane that flies, but both countries have no where near the sophisticated testing and evaluation and quality assurance processes as well as the customer base as Boeing and Airbus.

Big airline companies like Emirates and Cathay Pacific etc. would never order a Chinese or Russian plane. Perhaps smaller African airlines may go in for a Chinese or Russian option, but I don't expect them to have much luck making it big in the aviation industry.
niknak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 12:09 PM   #255
Maxi_Moscow

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknak View Post
I highly doubt there will be serious competition from China and Russia. Yes, they may offer a plane that flies, but both countries have no where near the sophisticated testing and evaluation and quality assurance processes as well as the customer base as Boeing and Airbus.

Big airline companies like Emirates and Cathay Pacific etc. would never order a Chinese or Russian plane. Perhaps smaller African airlines may go in for a Chinese or Russian option, but I don't expect them to have much luck making it big in the aviation industry.
It might and probably will happen. But it will take multiple decades. Keep in mind that today's aircraft are build globally with participation and collaboration of a lot of companies. Team work. But give me a few years to answer your question.

My reasoning:

SuperJet 100 appears to be a great product. But lets wait for more data to make that judgement. But if they get it right, as well as MS-21, there will be trust and demand for their widebodies. Keep in mind that Russia does play a big role in Aviation History. They have the basis.
Old September 15th, 2011, 12:13 PM   #256
Matze20111984

Likes (Received): 160

You may be right, Russia has a aviation history but right now, russian aviation is one of the most dangerous in the world, only african aviation is more dangerous. It is completely outdated and there is no security standard nationwide, lot of tower members do not even speak english, the aircrafts are extremely old an unsafe. All those Tupolev an Yakoklev aricrafts should be blacklisted. May be the new SuperJet is a good product but there is no real trust in russian aviation for good reasons.

Last edited by Matze20111984; September 15th, 2011 at 12:20 PM.
Matze20111984 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 08:51 PM   #257
Maxi_Moscow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matze20111984 View Post
You may be right, Russia has a aviation history but right now, russian aviation is one of the most dangerous in the world, only african aviation is more dangerous. It is completely outdated and there is no security standard nationwide, lot of tower members do not even speak english, the aircrafts are extremely old an unsafe. All those Tupolev an Yakoklev aricrafts should be blacklisted. May be the new SuperJet is a good product but there is no real trust in russian aviation for good reasons.
So your are blaming actual aircraft for human errors?

While some of your statement are true, but some are not so. And i am not defending my own country but rather being rational.

1. We have 2 Global Alliance members (Aeroflot - SkyTeam, S7 - One World). We have a supporting infrastructure.

2. We have modern airports and terminals (just not everywhere). Example: Moscow -all 3, Sochi, Ekaterinburg, Vladivostok, etc.

3. Tus and Yaks should be banned? You contradict yourself. If the aircraf is in service for 30 - 40 years, means it is a good aircraft. Those aircraft are lacking some modern systems that could be installed. Russians do not like to invest and expect to gain maximum profit from minimum cost. HUMAN FACTOR. Following your logic FedEx should retire their 727s. Or perhaps should some Cargo operators retire they B742s?

To sum it up we have a bad management, sometimes poor organization and a lot of bureaucracy. But engineers who design aircraft are bright and know what they are doing.

For reference:

AN-124 - superb aircraft, used globally.

Beriev 200 - no alternative.

IL-86 - no fatalities.

We have something to show.
Old September 15th, 2011, 11:30 PM   #258
Asian
In the br i g

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
747>A380 end of story.
Well, if A=2, then 747 < 2(380) = 760.
Asian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2011, 06:30 PM   #259
swe

Likes (Received): 8

I hope that the Superjet will get things going in Russia. As for the 748, Boeing need more orders to come close to breakeven.
swe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #260
Maxi_Moscow

Quote:
Originally Posted by swe View Post
I hope that the Superjet will get things going in Russia. As for the 748, Boeing need more orders to come close to breakeven.
I think they will get enough orders. But it wont be instantly.