daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 13th, 2014, 01:22 AM   #1121
aleksandar_s
ETOPS-9000 certified
 
aleksandar_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 447
Likes (Received): 528

You think Delta will purchase a fleet of two 748s? Zero chance of that. It never makes sense for a major airline to have a fleet of two.

The 748 won't see any major orders from any American airline because it just doesn't make sense. It neither has the capacity of the A380, nor the economic sense of large twins such as the B777. Once the 777X comes on line, the only hope for the 748 will be in Cargo and VIP.

The A380 and 748 simply don't have a place in the American market.
__________________
Takeoff Checklist Complete

sam the man liked this post
aleksandar_s no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2014, 11:16 AM   #1122
EK413
Registered User
 
EK413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,891
Likes (Received): 1895

[IMG]http://i60.************/wjukcw.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lufth...830/2471510/L/
__________________
EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

K.S.A liked this post
EK413 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2014, 04:54 PM   #1123
ZNaseer
Registered User
 
ZNaseer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Singapore
Posts: 844
Likes (Received): 351



The Cargolux 747-8 livery is also now on their B744
ZNaseer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2014, 07:27 PM   #1124
Airman Kris™
Infrastructure Geek
 
Airman Kris™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Memphis ~ Southwest Florida
Posts: 190
Likes (Received): 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksandar_s View Post
You think Delta will purchase a fleet of two 748s? Zero chance of that. It never makes sense for a major airline to have a fleet of two.

The 748 won't see any major orders from any American airline because it just doesn't make sense. It neither has the capacity of the A380, nor the economic sense of large twins such as the B777. Once the 777X comes on line, the only hope for the 748 will be in Cargo and VIP.

The A380 and 748 simply don't have a place in the American market.
Cut number of flights on the longer international routes, and use the 748 on those like the ATL-JHB, ATL-DXB type routes. Use the 777 domestically and non overseas international flights. Cuts orders on both. We will just have to see. I admit I am 747 bias
__________________
American
Airman Kris™ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2014, 12:22 PM   #1125
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店
 
siamu maharaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,189
Likes (Received): 4979

Boeing has said that if they find a launch customer they'll go ahead with Project Ozark. I wouldn't be surprised if Tim Clark gets a call every morning.
__________________
ho ho to pa ki ho
siamu maharaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2014, 11:00 PM   #1126
Alex67
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 450
Likes (Received): 258

Siegerflieger - Lufthansa
http://http://aviationspotters.net/u...er_name=Digdis
Alex67 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2014, 02:20 AM   #1127
EK413
Registered User
 
EK413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,891
Likes (Received): 1895

Welcome Home to the 2014 World Cup Champions

[IMG]http://i61.************/29kvvdf.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lufth...830/2472829/L/
[IMG]http://i60.************/2465ojq.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lufth...830/2472833/L/
__________________
EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!
EK413 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2014, 06:12 AM   #1128
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!
 
Oasis-Bangkok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 16,040
Likes (Received): 52305



By >> Yatrik Sheth
Fanhansa 747-8i (Lufthansa)
__________________

patel2897, EK413, K.S.A, Marco Polo liked this post
Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 01:33 PM   #1129
K.S.A
Jeddah Tower Lover
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,499
Likes (Received): 4389

Lufthansa :



The upper deck :













__________________
K.S.A no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 05:22 PM   #1130
Buffalomatt1027
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,295
Likes (Received): 373

very cool pictures!
Buffalomatt1027 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2014, 08:18 PM   #1131
juanchito79
Registered User
 
juanchito79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Guatemala
Posts: 3,915
Likes (Received): 2211

First 747-8I for Air China

Photo my Mattt Cawby
__________________
My Jetphotos pictures
https://www.jetphotos.com/photograph...anuel%20Galvez

patel2897, cfredo, Equario, EK413, Qtya and 1 others liked this post
juanchito79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2014, 11:59 AM   #1132
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey
 
Deadeye Reloaded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Göttingen/Lüdenscheid/Rybnik
Posts: 2,330
Likes (Received): 8965

What a surprise!!! There were no orders or commitments for the 747-8I at the Farnborough Air Show.

I think it´s more than clear now that the 747-8I is doomed. Boeing should finally accept this inconvenient truth and keep only the 747-8F on offer.
__________________
I may not be perfect, but Jesus thinks I´m to die for.
I can't stand auto correct. It's my worst enema!
I often quote myself. I find it adds spice to the conversation.
What Is Love?
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2014, 01:05 PM   #1133
sam the man
Registered User
 
sam the man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Birmingham, England
Posts: 38
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman Kris™ View Post
Cut number of flights on the longer international routes, and use the 748 on those like the ATL-JHB, ATL-DXB type routes. Use the 777 domestically and non overseas international flights. Cuts orders on both. We will just have to see. I admit I am 747 bias
aleksandar_s in a previous message knows what he's talking about. In response to the above it's better for airlines to offer for example between London and New York numerous smaller capacity planes flying at various times of days rather than one large plane at a set time of day. Business travelers want to travel at a time to suit them. If BA just flew a few A380's to New York during the day it would lose customers who want to fly at more specific times in the day to other airlines. Hence why you see US based airlines still flying 757's and 767's transatlantic. Frequency is pretty important when scheduling too on certain routes. LHR-LAX slightly different as greater distance the frequency/cost ratio changes where and A380 comes in also LHR-HKG.
sam the man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2014, 01:52 PM   #1134
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店
 
siamu maharaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,189
Likes (Received): 4979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye Reloaded View Post
What a surprise!!! There were no orders or commitments for the 747-8I at the Farnborough Air Show.

I think it´s more than clear now that the 747-8I is doomed. Boeing should finally accept this inconvenient truth and keep only the 747-8F on offer.
A new 747-8i order is always one month away...
__________________
ho ho to pa ki ho
siamu maharaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2014, 10:09 PM   #1135
gennadius
Per ardua, ad astra
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 143
Likes (Received): 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye Reloaded View Post
What a surprise!!! There were no orders or commitments for the 747-8I at the Farnborough Air Show.
Eric Lindbald, the head of the 747 program, stated as recently as 2 weeks before FIA that he didn't believe that the campaigns would be concluded in time for the show.
gennadius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2014, 05:20 AM   #1136
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator
 
fieldsofdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Manila • San Francisco
Posts: 18,825
Likes (Received): 11258

Here's another angle of LH2014, the flight that brought home the German National Team (and winners of this year's World Cup):

Lufthansa B747-8I, "Siegerflieger Fanhansa" (reg. D-ABYI)

__________________
Anthony or FOD the MOD • Urban Studies & Planning, SF State, UC Berkeley, and San Jose State
Philippine ForumsSF Bay Area ForumsBay Area TransitNEW! SF Bay Area and NorCal in Pictures
Photo Albums: FlickrPhotobucketInstagram

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 01:31 PM   #1137
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店
 
siamu maharaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,189
Likes (Received): 4979

Quote:
Originally Posted by gennadius View Post
Eric Lindbald, the head of the 747 program, stated as recently as 2 weeks before FIA that he didn't believe that the campaigns would be concluded in time for the show.
Something tells me he'd saying that ahead of every air show for the next 5 years.
__________________
ho ho to pa ki ho

Deadeye Reloaded liked this post
siamu maharaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 02:42 PM   #1138
ddes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,473
Likes (Received): 939

Quote:
Originally Posted by siamu maharaj View Post
Something tells me he'd saying that ahead of every air show for the next 5 years.
Their only hope is to somehow revive the Hong Kong Airlines rumored order.

Turkish is on the record, but there's little seat count difference with the 77W if they maintain the existing cabin. Garuda is on again, off again. Maybe Saudia, given they love Boeing.
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 06:21 PM   #1139
gennadius
Per ardua, ad astra
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 143
Likes (Received): 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by siamu maharaj View Post
Something tells me he'd saying that ahead of every air show for the next 5 years.
Ordinarily, I would agree with you that it is just your typical marketing/sales speak. However, they have been far too specific, with quite a lot of articles and publicity recently, regarding the 747-8.

For example, the talk that ties the range improvements to specific customer campaigns. The reports that they have seen renewed interest from multiple airlines. The news that they have once again, pitched it to Emirates, even though that particular case could be seen as tilting at windmills, unless EK really wants to try to poke Airbus in the eye over the 380neo.

Additionally, there are the reports that they are trying to finalize deals with 4 airlines in Europe and Asia, that may include a couple of new customers. There is also the report that they are working on follow on orders from their existing customers. Both of those are new items, and more specific than they typically are.

Now, will this amount to anything firm in terms of orders? Who knows. However, the news and reports around the 747-8 over the last month or so have been much more specific than the generic talk in the past.
gennadius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2014, 06:44 PM   #1140
Buffalomatt1027
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,295
Likes (Received): 373

Quote:
Originally Posted by gennadius View Post
Ordinarily, I would agree with you that it is just your typical marketing/sales speak. However, they have been far too specific, with quite a lot of articles and publicity recently, regarding the 747-8.

For example, the talk that ties the range improvements to specific customer campaigns. The reports that they have seen renewed interest from multiple airlines. The news that they have once again, pitched it to Emirates, even though that particular case could be seen as tilting at windmills, unless EK really wants to try to poke Airbus in the eye over the 380neo.

Additionally, there are the reports that they are trying to finalize deals with 4 airlines in Europe and Asia, that may include a couple of new customers. There is also the report that they are working on follow on orders from their existing customers. Both of those are new items, and more specific than they typically are.

Now, will this amount to anything firm in terms of orders? Who knows. However, the news and reports around the 747-8 over the last month or so have been much more specific than the generic talk in the past.
Yeah I dont think the 747-8i is going to die off like others are implying.

IF Boeing does receive new orders for the 8i from multiple airlines , It really pushes Airbus to build the A380neo version.

In all fairness though: Airbus has lived off of Emirates and that airlines a380 sales.
Buffalomatt1027 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium