daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 2nd, 2015, 07:28 PM   #1961
Woodys Aeroimages

Likes (Received): 6567

Not new news at all, but looks like the 2 747-8i's for Transaero will head to storage.

Russian carrier Transaero has stopped selling tickets and has been set its final day of operations on December 15, according to a statement published in its Facebook page.

“Upon the decision of the Government to reorganize the activities of Transaero and to ensure the transportation of our passengers, the sales of tickets for our flights has been stopped” said the statement “the transportation of passengers with issued tickets for our domestic and international routes will be up to December 15, 2015. Tickets issued for flights after this date will be refunded in full.”

http://airwaysnews.com/blog/2015/10/...ot-deal-fails/

and posted to their Facebook Page -

Message for passengers with tickets to the airline "Transaero"

The Airline "Transaero" in connection with the decision of the government of the Russian Federation on the need for the recovery of its activities is working with partners to ensure that the carriage of passengers with airline tickets.

The sale of tickets for flights "Transaero" stopped.

The Carriage of passengers who already have the tickets "transaero", Will be carried out on the domestic and international routes until 15 December 2015.

Passengers with the tickets with the dates of departure after 00.00 hours on 15 December, will be able to formalize the refund for them in full.

The passengers of the company for the receipt of specifying information needs to be addressed to:

- in-the-Clock Service-Information Centre "transaero": 8-800-555-3-555 (free of charge in Russia), As well as + 7 (495) of 788-8080 (on the Moscow and for international calls).
- at the email [email protected]
- in the call-Center Pao "Aeroflot": 8-800-444-5555, 8-495-223-5555

Ticket return will be carried out at the place of their acquisition of:

- return tickets purchased on the website "transaero", Is carried out through the filling of the application on the website of the airline on the link below:
http://transaero.ru/ru/info-and-serv...zvrat/internet

https://www.facebook.com/transaero/p...21438191263874

Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2015, 08:17 PM   #1962
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11252

Could those two B747-8 aircraft be resold to another carrier wanting it?

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill

Zaz965 liked this post
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2015, 09:11 PM   #1963
gennadius
Per ardua, ad astra

Likes (Received): 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
Now that there will most likely be 3 not taken up 747-8Is Boeing could persuade a charter and/or ACMI airline like Air Atlanta Icelandic to take these 3. Or maybe even Atlas Air next to their 747-8Fs, they already have 4 passenger 747-400s. If Boeing drops the selling prices low enough they will surely be taken up by some airline. And if not, they still could use them as the frames for the AF1 replacement.

In the mean time news has come out that Cargolux are about to place an order for 5 more 747-8Fs, mainly for a new Chinese subsidiary they are starting. We now also know that the LN1502 will go to AirBridgeCargo, that should mean a first firm order of their commitment that was announced at the Paris Air Show (either from them, or from a lessor).
1501, 1502, and 1520 are all now allocated to customer code FSJ, which is the US company through which Volga-Dnepr is picking up some of the frames for their new order. Scheduled deliver is reported to be starting in October. It will be interesting to see if and when they announce the firming of orders.

Regarding the Transaero frames, their delivery date was changed to December 2015 within the past month, but it was unclear why that was actually done. That happened around the same time as there were rumors that Boeing was trying to get TK to pick up those two frames to try them out.

Another possibility is that the frames could be allocated to the rumored China order. It has been reported that 747-8s were included in the widebody portion of that 300 frame order. The quote from this article, while it misidentifies the 747 that Xi flew in on, states that he wants the 747-8 to be the flagship of Air China's fleet. That tends to support the idea that some number of Intercontinentals are part of the order.

The only issue is if the UN frames have already undergone some level of cabin outfitting. I remember some months back, it looked like at least one of the frames was having that work done. I don't know if anyone can confirm that one way or another.

I do like your possibility of Atlas or some other leasor/ACMI carrier now potentially picking up a handful of frames.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by gennadius; October 2nd, 2015 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Finished leasor thought.
gennadius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2015, 10:03 PM   #1964
Woodys Aeroimages

Quote:
Originally Posted by gennadius View Post
1501, 1502, and 1520 are all now allocated to customer code FSJ, which is the US company through which Volga-Dnepr is picking up some of the frames for their new order. Scheduled deliver is reported to be starting in October. It will be interesting to see if and when they announce the firming of orders.

Regarding the Transaero frames, their delivery date was changed to December 2015 within the past month, but it was unclear why that was actually done. That happened around the same time as there were rumors that Boeing was trying to get TK to pick up those two frames to try them out.

Another possibility is that the frames could be allocated to the rumored China order. It has been reported that 747-8s were included in the widebody portion of that 300 frame order. The quote from this article, while it misidentifies the 747 that Xi flew in on, states that he wants the 747-8 to be the flagship of Air China's fleet. That tends to support the idea that some number of Intercontinentals are part of the order.

The only issue is if the UN frames have already undergone some level of cabin outfitting. I remember some months back, it looked like at least one of the frames was having that work done. I don't know if anyone can confirm that one way or another.

I do like your possibility of Atlas or some other leasor/ACMI carrier now potentially picking up a handful of frames.
Both UN frames have cabins outfitted for Transaero already. So they would need to change that up for another customer to take.

As for President Xi 747 - I know Air China's latest 747-8i already at Lufthansa Tecknik for VIP outfitting.

gennadius, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Woodys Aeroimages no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2015, 10:29 PM   #1965
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

Unless once they merge with Aeroflote they still end up taking the frames. I think they're bankrupting the company to get rid of unnecessary international debt/obligations, and cherry picking what they really want once they merge.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2015, 10:48 PM   #1966
Woodys Aeroimages

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
Unless once they merge with Aeroflote they still end up taking the frames. I think they're bankrupting the company to get rid of unnecessary international debt/obligations, and cherry picking what they really want once they merge.
The merger fell through and Aeroflot backed out.

ChuckScraperMiami#1, Zaz965 liked this post
Old October 2nd, 2015, 10:48 PM   #1967
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62974

Considering the status of Aeroflot's outstanding orders and even their current widebody fleet it's a likely option that they will take these 747s.

It's an extremely difficult situation, for all parties involved. The fact that the take-over was stalled and now bankruptcy. I don't think that anyone knows right now what will happen. But the most likely outcome, for the orders, is that these will now just evaporate.

Zaz965 liked this post
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2015, 12:07 AM   #1968
gennadius
Per ardua, ad astra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodys Aeroimages View Post
Both UN frames have cabins outfitted for Transaero already. So they would need to change that up for another customer to take.

As for President Xi 747 - I know Air China's latest 747-8i already at Lufthansa Tecknik for VIP outfitting.
Thanks for the clarification on the UN frames! I thought I remembered them having it done, but couldn't find those references or notes.

The CA frame at Lufthansa Technik is the one being fitted for the configurable VIP cabin, right?

I was looking more at the possibility of new 747-8i orders being supported by this from the article:

Quote:
9:30 a.m. Xi lands at Paine Field in Everett on a Boeing 747-8 – which he wants to be the flagship jetliner of Air China’s fleet, he would later announce.

Old October 3rd, 2015, 02:55 AM   #1969
Woodys Aeroimages

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification on the UN frames! I thought I remembered them having it done, but couldn't find those references or notes.

The CA frame at Lufthansa Technik is the one being fitted for the configurable VIP cabin, right?

I was looking more at the possibility of new 747-8i orders being supported by this from the article:

Correct on the CA at Lufthansa Technik

Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/woodysaeroimages/

Intagram - https://instagram.com/woodysaeroimages/

Twitter - https://twitter.com/woody2190

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/woodysaeroimages

Paine Field News - http://painefield.blogspot.com

Old October 3rd, 2015, 05:06 AM   #1970
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
Considering the status of Aeroflot's outstanding orders and even their current widebody fleet it's a likely option that they will take these 747s.

It's an extremely difficult situation, for all parties involved. The fact that the take-over was stalled and now bankruptcy. I don't think that anyone knows right now what will happen. But the most likely outcome, for the orders, is that these will now just evaporate.
Very unlikely that Aeroflot will take those orders. Their market has shrunk a lot since beginning of 2015 and still shrinking.

Discover Ukraine - The vibrant country: https://youtu.be/Pu8tL3ptXRM and Kyiv - The city of many faces: on SSC
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2015, 12:09 PM   #1971
Benyo

Likes (Received): 84

Heavy Air Bridge Cargo Boeing 747 Landing at Frankfurt

Old October 4th, 2015, 05:57 PM   #1972
PiotrG
庶民サンプル

Upper deck of B-LJA Cathay Pacific's 747-8F:

https://twitter.com/Astro95Media/sta...71407773319172
Old October 5th, 2015, 02:45 AM   #1973
Woodys Aeroimages

Updates on a few 748's per Boeing Source:

LN 1519 TRX is scheduled for paint in 45-01 on 11/02 rolling out on 11/09

LN 1523 TRX is scheduled for paint in 45-01 on 11/11 rolling out on 11/18

Still listed as Transaero for now. Most likely will be painted white.

LN 1526 Atlas is scheduled for paint in 45-01 on 10/13 rolling out 10/16 and will be all white.

LN 1520 (Seahawks) will be ferried to VCV for painting 11/10. Scheduled to be painted for VDA (Air Bridge Cargo).
Old October 5th, 2015, 08:16 AM   #1974
bagus70
Ես ցանկանում եմ ծծել ձեր

Likes (Received): 889

That looks like 1990s business class seats.
Old October 5th, 2015, 11:04 AM   #1975
gennadius
Per ardua, ad astra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodys Aeroimages View Post
Updates on a few 748's per Boeing Source:

LN 1519 TRX is scheduled for paint in 45-01 on 11/02 rolling out on 11/09

LN 1523 TRX is scheduled for paint in 45-01 on 11/11 rolling out on 11/18

Still listed as Transaero for now. Most likely will be painted white.

LN 1526 Atlas is scheduled for paint in 45-01 on 10/13 rolling out 10/16 and will be all white.

LN 1520 (Seahawks) will be ferried to VCV for painting 11/10. Scheduled to be painted for VDA (Air Bridge Cargo).
I think you are probably correct on the UN frames, unfortunately. It would be a great surprise if hey came out in some other livery.

If you can answer a question, why would 1526 be painted in all white? Is she not scheduled to deliver until much later? Or does Atlas simply want the flexibility to paint her later on?

Thanks!

Gennadius

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old October 5th, 2015, 05:48 PM   #1976
Woodys Aeroimages

Quote:
I think you are probably correct on the UN frames, unfortunately. It would be a great surprise if hey came out in some other livery.

If you can answer a question, why would 1526 be painted in all white? Is she not scheduled to deliver until much later? Or does Atlas simply want the flexibility to paint her later on?

Thanks!

Gennadius
Not sure why all white. It will be interesting to see what actually comes out of the paint hanger. It currently has a Blue Rudder.

Last edited by Woodys Aeroimages; October 5th, 2015 at 06:08 PM.
Old October 5th, 2015, 06:09 PM   #1977
Woodys Aeroimages

Old October 7th, 2015, 07:33 AM   #1978
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11252

Some more B747s I saw at SFO...

Air China B747-8 (reg. B-2480)

IMG_5420 by Anthony Nachor, on Flickr

British Airways B747-400 (reg. G-CIVE)

IMG_5276 by Anthony Nachor, on Flickr

United Airlines B747-400 (reg. N117UA)

IMG_5308 by Anthony Nachor, on Flickr

Virgin Atlantic B747-400 (reg. G-VWOW)

IMG_5394 by Anthony Nachor, on Flickr

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2015, 04:51 PM   #1979
PiotrG
庶民サンプル

VQ-BFU test flight:
Old October 9th, 2015, 09:08 AM   #1980
Woodys Aeroimages

N859GT Atlas Air LN1526 rolled out of FAL tonight.

N859GT Atlas Air Boeing 747-8F - C/N 62441 / LN 1526 by Woodys Aeroimages, on Flickr

N859GT Atlas Air Boeing 747-8F - C/N 62441 / LN 1526 by Woodys Aeroimages, on Flickr