daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > West Coast and Interior West > Local Forums > Seattle

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 28th, 2015, 01:45 AM   #1
Matt the Engineer

Likes (Received): 1632

Bellevue/Eastside retail discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Novak View Post
Still think Bellevue should have its own retail thread... Hate opening this thread up only to see retail news about Bellevue.
There I fixed it.
Matt the Engineer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2015, 02:09 AM   #2
John Novak
Build high Seattle!

Likes (Received): 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt the Engineer View Post
There I fixed it.
Awesome thanks!
John Novak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 02:18 AM   #3
Bond James Bond
Licence to kill.

This is pretty ridiculous IMO but whatever ... Fixed some titles.
Bond James Bond no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 02:45 AM   #4
LCIII

Likes (Received): 2256

Thank you
LCIII no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 02:50 AM   #5
GatsbyGatz

Likes (Received): 430

Uniqlo teams up with Seahawks as part of upcoming store opening in Bellevue

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/b...-upcoming.html
Quote:
Japanese fashion giant Uniqlo on Wednesday announced it will open its first store in the Puget Sound region Oct. 16.

The popular casual clothing designer and retailer has more than 1,600 stores around the world and 43 in the United States. The company's first local store will be at Bellevue Square, where the company will operate in a 16,000-square-foot space.

Uniqlo – a contraction of unique and clothes – had a nearly 65 percent increase in international sales last year, according to a Daily Life report, which outlined the company's rigid structure. The company has its "Ten Accountabilities" for managers. One of them is to "always follow company direction. Do not work in your own way."
GatsbyGatz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 03:04 AM   #6
Capitol Hill

Likes (Received): 2957

How many people here actually have shopped at Uniqlo? Honestly, I'm not seeing the caché here. I will admit I'm outside of the core demographic for any retailer, and I haven't bought clothes on this continent that I live on in 5 years (something I just realized this morning, no wonder people think I'm European when I'm out and about), but still!

Capitol Hill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 04:18 AM   #7
John Novak
Build high Seattle!

Likes (Received): 93

I'm unbelievably cheap... I'm more of a goodwill value village man myself...

Matt the Engineer liked this post
John Novak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 04:25 AM   #8
Bond James Bond
Licence to kill.

What are "clothes?"
Bond James Bond no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 04:34 AM   #9
CityView Jim

Likes (Received): 1020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitol Hill View Post
How many people here actually have shopped at Uniqlo? Honestly, I'm not seeing the caché here. I will admit I'm outside of the core demographic for any retailer, and I haven't bought clothes on this continent that I live on in 5 years (something I just realized this morning, no wonder people think I'm European when I'm out and about), but still!
I did!

Found it in Hong Kong of all places. Great prices and pretty good quality. From what I hear, better turnover than H&M for new stuff. Good staple stuff.

We shall see.
CityView Jim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 06:30 PM   #10
DawgFan

Likes (Received): 232

I'm surprised there hasn't been more announcements regarding tenants for the "South Common Shops". Uniqlo opens in 7 weeks and I assume Zara will be opening around that time too. I think in an earlier rendering there were placeholders for Nike and H&M too.
DawgFan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 08:05 PM   #11
Doomgoggles
Unregistered non-user

Likes (Received): 587

Quote:
It sells basic pieces of much higher quality than Zara or H&M.
Doomgoggles no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2015, 10:45 PM   #12
Capitol Hill

REI

We knew that REI was building a new store in Bellevue, but I didn't know the Redmond store was closing:

http://www.seattletimes.com/business...levue-in-2016/

Old September 28th, 2015, 08:23 AM   #13
Capitol Hill

Seattle Times is reporting Uniqlo is pushing back the opening of their Bellevue store from Oct. 16 to Nov. 6 due to delays in construction of their space.

Old October 13th, 2015, 10:56 PM   #14
DawgFan

Quote:
Seattle Times is reporting Uniqlo is pushing back the opening of their Bellevue store from Oct. 16 to Nov. 6 due to delays in construction of their space.
Sounds like Zara and Uniqlo are the only stores opening in that old space for now. Didn't Kemper say all the leases were filled?
Old October 14th, 2015, 03:56 AM   #15
mhays
Journeyman

Likes (Received): 1683

Heads must be rolling about that...missing pre-christmas deadlines is a big deal. That includes inventories being ordered (or not), having plenty of warmup time before things get really busy, and so on.
Old October 27th, 2015, 07:15 AM   #16
DawgFan

Not sure how accurate some of these stats are.

http://www.bellevuereporter.com/business/335955991.html

Last year, Downtown Bellevue made $40 million more in retail and dining sales than Downtown Seattle, a role-reversal from the last time Kemper Development did research on those numbers 10 years ago
Old October 27th, 2015, 08:34 AM   #17
Xiyatu

Likes (Received): 627

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post

Last year, Downtown Bellevue made $40 million more in retail and dining sales than Downtown Seattle, a role-reversal from the last time Kemper Development did research on those numbers 10 years ago
I find that hard to believe, especially the restaurant revenue. I wonder how narrowly they define Downtown Seattle?
Xiyatu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2015, 04:10 PM   #18
AzChristopher

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post

Isn't Bellevue Square one of the best performing malls in the country?
AzChristopher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2015, 04:49 PM   #19
mhays
Journeyman

Likes (Received): 1683

Yes, definition of Downtown Seattle will be key. Probably a fairly tight set of boundaries.

However there's no doubt that Bellevue Square, Bravern, and the rest of Bellevue's core, possibly as much as a square mile including the other side of the freeway, will have huge sales. Places like that and Southcenter are the top areas for local-customer durable good sales probably by any method.

Downtown dominates visitor sales and food/beverage. It does a huge volume in sales to locals but isn't the largest.

Of course numbers swing pretty heavily if you add cars, hospitals (is that retail?), event admission, and various other categories.
Old October 27th, 2015, 04:49 PM   #20
Mpatte

Likes (Received): 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays View Post
Heads must be rolling about that...missing pre-christmas deadlines is a big deal. That includes inventories being ordered (or not), having plenty of warmup time before things get really busy, and so on.
Yup, missed store opening were one of the biggest headaches ever. They will probably have a couple weeks worth of inventory that is aged out to clearance by the time that store opens, which means the new store is going to have to eat it (terrible idea), or its all going to be shipped back to the DC and re-allocated. God i hated store delays.
Mpatte no está en línea   Reply With Quote