daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 12th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #221
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munwon View Post
Its not that bad guys.... When this tower is done everyone will like it alot Im sure. We have become so spoiled with height! 400 meters is still very tall if this was built in the 1990's everyone would be jumping for joy.
400m is tall, no doubt. But this design doesn't fit at 400m.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #222
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munwon View Post
Its not that bad guys.... When this tower is done everyone will like it alot Im sure. We have become so spoiled with height! 400 meters is still very tall if this was built in the 1990's everyone would be jumping for joy.
Yup, but we are not in the ******* pseudomodern and superkitsch 90s. We are in the 2010s, the golden age of supertalls, a time where Asian cities are achieving everything what we used to expect from the 21st century when we were children while the rest of the world is trapped in an outdated twentycenturish looking forever. This project is a total disappointment for Shenzhen I think

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.

Highcliff liked this post
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #223
NNshenzhen

Likes (Received): 53

I concur with the rest; the new design is god-awful compared to the old one; I feel they are better off using the old design and simply not building any spire, i.e. cutting it at 400 m mark, until such time when, maybe because of Qianhai Tower push by central govt, the aircraft paths are altered, when then CRC HQ could also have its spire up to 550 m or whatever, just like BlueCross/Shield tower in Chicago was 'updated' before...

Else, CRC could simply move its HQ to its Luohu supertall development which will now gain proximitu next to new supermodern Liantang Checkpoint, and do a 600+ m building there... makes sense?

NNshenzhen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #224
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8235

this looks like a big gherkin now. just a big ******** design and not a nice teardrop anymore . i hope the last render was just someone using the old render and photoshipping it into the new dimensions. a 400m can fit the design, but only if the towers dimensions are kept, but that would give the building too small of a floor space probably. meh, just bring it back to 525m and keep the design please x(

Redzio, Highcliff liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2013, 05:56 AM   #225
Scion

Likes (Received): 4237

TowerVerre:), Highcliff liked this post
Scion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2013, 06:17 AM   #226
bozenBDJ
the World Trade Center

Likes (Received): 9717

400m s only now?
bozenBDJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2013, 06:44 AM   #227
NNshenzhen

Yea, really a bullet / ******** instead of teardrop hah, I really wonder why all powerful CRC corporation didn't pull in any of its connections to rectify this earlier, or at very least get a radically different design to accomodate the 400 m height better.

As said, the Nanshan and Qianhai parts of Shenzhen will likely have to stick with this 400m limit for a long time, unless Bao'an airport is relocated... not for another century?

Interestingly, the upper third of office floor on the section drawing is labelled las 'CR Zone', meaning China Resources' own corporate zone? If that is true, it means only 10 floors of small floor area each are actually occupied by CRC itself, meaning this may at the end not become their HQ building, but just yet another mostly rental office tower in their asset spread?

Old July 13th, 2013, 07:27 AM   #228
noms78

Likes (Received): 244

Needs to go on a diet

Redzio, KillerZavatar, Highcliff liked this post
noms78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #229
Puppetgeneral

Likes (Received): 422

It seems like Shenzhen, Wuhan, and Tianjin is getting a lot proposals and u/c. Does that mean cities like Shanghai or Guangzhou are losing behind the skyscraper race??
Puppetgeneral no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #230
nick_hughes

Likes (Received): 75

nice

z0rg, TowerVerre:), Highcliff liked this post
nick_hughes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #231
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppetgeneral View Post
It seems like Shenzhen, Wuhan, and Tianjin is getting a lot proposals and u/c. Does that mean cities like Shanghai or Guangzhou are losing behind the skyscraper race??
Shanghai currently is lacking behind in proposing projects a bit, but since Shanghai was one of the first that started it makes sense it is the first one to make a break as well. although i also heard it missed out on some chances to start a new cbd, so it could have been in the race still if different chances were realized.

Guangzhou has a lot to come, it is just more long term. Guangzhou has a full new CBD in the making, yet now on an earlier stadium, but for Guangzhou there is another 600m coming and many more supertalls, it is just a matter of time when the CBD gets in full swing, until then we still have the old CBD realizing some supertall projects

KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2013, 06:25 AM   #232
NNshenzhen

Ah well, since it seems only a few floors are in there for CRC itself if following the section drawing...

If next time, for the Qianhai landmark megatall proposal /if that ever happens, that is/ the height limits are upped significantly, then CRC can simply build the original teardrop as the actual long term HQ, but this time at the optimal height of 600+ m, next to the current one, or on the site of that boxy little hotel building next to the gigantic swimming pool they sponsored, just across the road. It'd make lovely asymmetrical twins.

So, let this one go at reduced budget, and there's still space in that area to do more anyway, I guess...

Old July 14th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #233
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5307

400m version looks horrible. They should shave some off the width and invest it in huge trading floors in the podium for the best results.

L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #234
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Eh, I like it far more than every other bullet-shaped building built so far.

ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #235
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28178

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
400m is tall, no doubt. But this design doesn't fit at 400m.
Probably because we were used to the higher design. That also had better proportions.

Munwon, Highcliff liked this post
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #236
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

yes, the proportions were alot better at the 525m design.

Old July 14th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #237
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Anyway the height reduction is just a baseless rumor by the moment.

Old July 14th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #238
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

let's wait until we get official informations
Old July 15th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #239
NNshenzhen

Z0rg,
I'd surely hope it's just a rumour, in fact, some months ago, Shenzhen Daily published my letter pleading that the authorities adjust the airplane-related height restrictions and allow CRC tower to reach its full height.

CRC is an immensely powerful conglomerate and, unless their top management just gave up on it and decided to maybe put up the landmark HQ ultimately somewhere else, I believe they would at least appeal, because, after all, when they purchased that land from SZ govt, the expected allowed height for the project was higher than now, so in a sense they could even reject the land parcel if they really wanted to.

Either way, obviously, the 'reserve' shortie design was made already, I don't believe that thing is a fake.

Remember, Houhai area where CRC is developed by SZ govt, but Qianhai is developed by Central govt. Even though Qianhai is right on the airplane path next to the airport, maybe Beijing would change the rules to allow the landmark tower in Qianhai instead to maximize its land returns, but I am sure that would cause an outcry... it's also possible they would court CRC to build its HQ in Qianhai otherwise, and leave the 400 m 'stump' in the Houhai area as a 2nd in line...

On the other hand, both Houhai and Qianhai are reclaimed land from the sea, I kinda feel more comfortable seeing really tall and heavy towers a bit inland, like where Kingkey100 is
Old July 15th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #240
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNshenzhen View Post
Shenzhen Daily published my letter pleading that the authorities adjust the airplane-related height restrictions and allow CRC tower to reach its full height.
You are my hero now.

Well, I can't trust anything till I see a reliable source. Certain trolls cheated all of us with photoshopped diagrams of Kingkey showing it would be revised to 460m. Scion is totally reliable, one of our best forumers imo. But I don't know if he took that diagram from Gaoloumi. In that case I don't believe anything till they officially announce it, too many trolls in Gaoloumi.

TowerVerre:), pteranodon, kanye, Highcliff liked this post