daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 19th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #1
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18137

hkskyline's AUSTRALIA Trip Photo Compilation

Can't believe it has been almost 3 years since my 2-month trip to Australia. I believe I've processed all my trip photos by now, but I haven't yet done a compilation thread of my favourities. Here it is!

1. The trip didn't start well with a short delay.

2. But I was not disappointed. The view of Sydney on landing was stunning.

3. Sydney's airport is conveniently located close to the city. I wouldn't mind if we were held in a holding pattern for a while more with this beautiful weather.

4. Sydney's quality of life is quite good, with a decent climate and lots of beach and ocean around to enjoy.

6. I opted not to climb the Harbour Bridge. It was quite expensive, but walking along the deck was still quite good.

7. Would this statue last the test of time?

8. Sydney Tower is not particularly tall, but the views were already great. It helps when the weather co-operated throughout my stay.

20. These homes look well-maintained and likely expensive.

21. The drawings did not really portray the words so well.

22. I'm a big seafood person, and the fish market was a must-see attraction. Many oysters went into my stomach here.

23. My first side trip brought me to Canberra. It was a long bus ride, and I was a bit disappointed with this planned capital, much like other planned capitals I had previously visited.

24. The Aussies highly value their military's achievements. The War Memorial's exhibits were an eye-opener.

26. Brisbane was a far more satisfying weekend trip. I was quite happy to know it was still possible to check-in 15 minutes before departure here.

27. I didn't research the flight path beforehand, but boy was I lucky to catch sight of Gold Coast along the way!

29. Believe it was the ANZAC long weekend, and with blue skies back, walking around was a must-do!

32. Meanwhile, boats moored along the river peacefully awaited their owners. Couldn't believe this is in the heart of the city.

34. If I blanked out the logo on the bottom right, it might take a while for people to figure out where this scene could be from.

35. Waiting for a better tomorrow ...

36. I went to Gold Coast to see what Q1 was all about. It was an easy train ride anyway.

37. The view was amazing.

39. The sea seems quite ferocious though.

40. It didn't seem like a resort city, but a hybrid with a traditional city. I actually liked Gold Coast more than Brisbane.

41. Aerial is still worth taking though! I was lucky to be able to switch seats with a kind lady for a window view.

41. I ended up going to Melbourne twice, and even then I didn't think it was enough.

42. There are quite a lot of contrasts between old and new. I start with the trams ...

43 ... then the buildings ...

44. Federation Square is indeed quite funky. There were some people using it but it wasn't so crowded. But I think it's an effective public space though. I probably came at the wrong time.

46. Quite a nice place for study and reflection.

47. I had a list of suggested alleys to visit, and set off trying to explore and photograph as much as I could.

49. I visited both Eureka and Rialto's observation decks. Eureka's glass was terrible, and reflected badly. With the winter sun, it was perpetual reflection looking at the city. Rialto's location worked far better against the northerly sun.

50. I was quite happy with the results.

More in the next part.

Sydney Gallery : http://www.globalphotos.org/sydney.htm
Canberra Gallery : http://www.globalphotos.org/canberra.htm
Brisbane & Gold Coast Gallery : http://www.globalphotos.org/brisbane.htm
Melbourne Gallery : http://www.globalphotos.org/melbourne.htm

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2011, 03:24 PM   #2
R. Matos

Likes (Received): 6

Some nice pics. ^_^
R. Matos no está en línea   Reply With Quote