daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 20th, 2011, 03:27 PM   #1
General Electric

Likes (Received): 6756

LAUSANNE | Architectural projects

Here is some news from Lausanne (Switzerland).

SSC Lausanne Photos Thread

SSC Picture of Lausanne's evolution Thread

Presentation
Quote:
Lausanne, the lively capital of the canton of Vaud, is picturesquely situated on the north shore of Lake Geneva, on terraces rising above the lake which are broken by gorges. It ranks with Geneva as a focus of intellectual life in French-speaking Switzerland (Federal Court, University, College of Technology, Hotel School and many other technical colleges), and is also a popular convention and conference center and the venue of important trade fairs (Comptoir Suisse in Autumn, International Tourism Fair in March). Major elements in the town's economy are the foodstuffs industries and vine-growing. The headquarters of the International Olympic Committee are located in Lausanne – the IOC officially recognizes the city as the Capitale Olympique – as are the headquarters of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (and many international sportive federation). The city has a 28-station metro system, making it the smallest city in the world to have a rapid transit system.

In the attractive townscape of Lausanne the modern office blocks and the high-level bridges spanning the gorges (now built over) of the Rivers Flon and Louve form a striking contrast to the narrow lanes and steep flights of steps which run up to the old town (Cité), dominated by the cathedral (530 m/1,739ft) and the Château, while to the south pleasant residential districts extend down to the port of Ouchy (380 m/1,247ft).

There was a Celtic settlement at the mouth of the River Flon which later became the Roman Lousonium or Lousonna. After the destruction of this town by the Alemanni about 379 a fortified settlement was built on the hill now occupied by the Cité, and after that the transfer of the episcopal see from Avanches to Lausanne (ca. 590) this became a town of some size which, like Geneva, belonged successively to the Burgundians, the Franks and the second Burgundian Kingdom before becoming part of the Holy Roman Empire in 1033. In the 15th C. the Vaud region was conquered by the Bernese, who soon introduced the Reformed faith. In 1798, however, Vaud recovered its independence as the République Lémanique, and in 1803 it became the 19th canton to join the Swiss Confederation.

http://www.planetware.com/switzerlan...-ch-vd-lau.htm

HD picture of city center

Last edited by General Electric; June 15th, 2011 at 12:52 PM.
General Electric no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2011, 03:30 PM   #2
General Electric

CHAVANNES_PRèS_RENENS - En Dorigny [60m]

Here is a Masterplan of mixed housing-commercial project to 1 billion CHF, in Chavannes-près-Renens (in the Lausanne area, west side).

Quote:
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Skyscrapercity thread

Last edited by General Electric; February 20th, 2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old February 20th, 2011, 03:31 PM   #3
General Electric

LAUSANNE _ Palais de Beaulieu ("Taoua" Projects) [89m]
Quote:
This is the higgest building projects for the moments in the city. This is the congress center of the city, the tower would be an hostel.

© Pont 12 architecte | Taoua tower view from Avenue Jomini).

© Pont 12 architecte (views from chemins des Cèdres & Bergières).

© Pont 12 architecte (view from chemins des Cèdres & Vinet).

© Pont 12 architecte (view from chemin des Roches).

© Pont 12 architecte (view from Lausanne's cathedral).

© Pont 12 architecte (view from signal de Sauvabelin).

© Pont 12 architecte (view from Avenues Druey and Jomini).

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=719042&page=2

Last edited by General Electric; March 21st, 2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old February 20th, 2011, 03:32 PM   #4
General Electric

BUSSIGNY-PRèS-LAUSANNE - Ex-Veillon [16 floor]
by the Massimilano Fuksas buro's architects. This one half billion CHF project must still be legalized by authorities. This project is situated on a strategic city development area, a federal funding for a new tram line depends on the densification of the sector.

http://urbanites.rsr.ch/blog/le-quar...n-de-bussigny/

Skyscrapercity thread[/QUOTE]

Last edited by General Electric; April 8th, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 01:49 AM   #5
General Electric

EPFL: Swiss Tech Convention Center

EPFL: Swiss Tech Convention Center

EPFL: Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (Polytechnik Federal School of Lausanne): EPFL website in english: http://information.epfl.ch/page-16430-en.html

A conference center passing from 0 to 2000 places automatically is under construction in the EPFL's campus. (HD picture)

Mediatèque EPFL

SSC Thread LAUSANNE | EPFL-UNIL Campus development

Last edited by General Electric; March 28th, 2011 at 01:44 AM.
Old March 21st, 2011, 07:12 PM   #6
General Electric

LAUSANNE | UNIL - EPFL Campus

EPFL: Teaching Bridge by Dominique Perrault architect.

Rehabilitation and extension of the Mechanical Engineering Halls and the Former Central Library and the construction of the Teaching Lab at the Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne.

realisation: 2011-2014

Last edited by General Electric; March 21st, 2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 09:49 AM   #7
njcuew
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

really very cool
njcuew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 02:39 PM   #8
General Electric

Aqua-Ecopole Lausanne

Aqua-Ecopole Lausanne
A museum on the theme of freshwater will be born in Lausanne, north of the city (Lausanne-Vennes). A hotel and a clinic are also planned. The site is located near the motorway, over car parc and a subway station already built.

© RICHTER & DAHLROCHA

© RICHTER & DAHLROCHA

© DR

© DR

© DR

© RICHTER & DAHLROCHA |

© RICHTER & DAHLROCHA | View from Hostel to the museum

© RICHTER & DAHLROCHA | The entry of the metro station

© RICHTER & DAHLROCHA

Car parc construction (2010)

Lausanne Aqua-Ecopôle SSC Thread

Last edited by General Electric; March 31st, 2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old June 13th, 2011, 02:40 PM   #9
General Electric

Renovation of the oldest tower of Switzerland, the Bel-Air Métropole Tower in Lausanne (inauguration: 1932, 78m high). The building has never been renovated.

Here is the project adopted. The project will be done without extending the 2 nd and 3 rd level. The connections between the Rue des Terreaux and Rue de Genève will be enhanced, thus approaching the Flon quarter of one of Bel-Air. Retail space will be created. The courtyard will be vegetated and rethought.

Quote:

CCHE

http://yahoo.lausanne.bondyblog.fr/n...s-qui-pointent

Picture of construction

Tour Bel-Air SSC Thread
Old June 15th, 2011, 12:37 PM   #10
General Electric

Quartier Bugnon, Lausanne / Le Mont.

A mixed housing-commercial complex, with a 60m (180ft) tower will be built.

http://www.24heures.ch

In 2 parts:

One is already built:

Second come by now:

http://www.cche.ch

Webcam:

http://schlcam3et4.dyndns.org

SSC Thread
Old June 21st, 2011, 01:23 PM   #11
General Electric

Cantonal Museum of Beaux Arts in Lausanne

by EBV from Barcelona (Spain).

The project will be built in the old hall of locomotives, now abandoned. The site is located near the main train station in Lausanne, and will be completed by the arrival of other museums to form a cluster of museums in the city.

Presentation video:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xj6...-lausanne_news

http://www.publidoc.vd.ch/guestDownl...609_869565.pdf

http://www.publidoc.vd.ch/guestDownl...609_869566.pdf

http://www.publidoc.vd.ch/guestDownl...609_869564.pdf

SSC Thread : for more pictures...
Old June 22nd, 2011, 12:03 AM   #12
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Some really amazing projects are being shown here. Lausanne seems to be defenitely worth a visit. I've only seen it from my car driving down the A5(?) I think. I've been to Geneva and I'll be staying in that region at the end of july. How far is it by train from Geneva?
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 12:45 AM   #13
Suissetralia

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3lS View Post
Some really amazing projects are being shown here. Lausanne seems to be defenitely worth a visit. I've only seen it from my car driving down the A5(?) I think. I've been to Geneva and I'll be staying in that region at the end of july. How far is it by train from Geneva?
Just half an hour-to-40 minutes, depending on the train you use. You can check in here: SBB-CFF I hope you can come to Lausanne with your camera and take some of your fantastic pictures
Suissetralia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 03:32 PM   #14
General Electric

Yes of course Suissetralia, I hope to! But the topography of Lausanne change from that of Rotterdam…

edit: and if you need some information about switzerland for your trip in Geneva, don't hesitate to ask

Last edited by General Electric; June 22nd, 2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 04:52 PM   #15
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Well, actually I'm staying in d'Haute Savoie, Eastern France. It's just really close to the border. The town is called Seyssel d'Ain, the Rhône runs through it. It has a train station and it's connected to Geneva which is only 40km by car. I used to go there when I was a kid, this year going back there after 4 years. Wondering what has changed. Friends of my parents own a campsite over there

I'm starting my holidays in South Germany at the Bodensee. It's like 10km from the Swiss border. Excited to visit Zürich!
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 07:33 PM   #16
General Electric

Yes! Zürich is the bigger city of switzerland. Zurich is reputed for shopping, night parties, business, very good infrastructure, and many cultural manifestation. You will not get bored. But honestly it's also (for me) the least charming of the five major Swiss city…
Old July 2nd, 2011, 01:26 AM   #17
General Electric

Mobimo Complex at central station of Lausanne

Here is the first picture of the Mobimo project near central station of Lausanne.

In 2012, renovation of large existing building (which dates from 1964).

From 2015, construction of part 2, probably a tower about 100m

The tower will be built over the future Metro3 station

•Former post office distribution centre with office building andcurrent interim use, area 40,000 m2
•Future use after urban development: commercial, shops, services, hotel, residential
•Investment approx. CHF175 to 225 m.
•Development period: approx. 5 years (design plan)
•Target segment: All possible types of use close to railway station in the town centre
•Location: Totally urban, central location right by Lausanne station

Actually:

SSC Thread
Old July 11th, 2011, 10:06 PM   #18
General Electric

BUSSIGNY-PRÈS-LAUSANNE / CRISSIER | Boulevard de l'Arc-en-ciel

Actually, this is an anarchic industrial disaffected area, where cross the A1 and A5 motorway, and a major Lausanne access.

image hosted on flickr

This area will be redefined in boulevard, which will host 20,000 inhabitants (workers + population). 6 landmark buildings will be built along the boulevard

Here are the first photomontages of one of the landmark building, located at 31 avenue de Bussigny in Crissier (ex Filtrona factory):

SSC Thread
Old July 19th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #19
matt_12

Likes (Received): 3

Lausanne is changing a lot.. glad to see that for my hometown
the tower will actually be in the garden of beaulieu? funny, when will they start it? completion date?

otherwise there is still this questions of a new stadium... will they build it one day? I hope so.. since LS is now in the superleague :p
matt_12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2011, 02:17 AM   #20
General Electric

For the update construction sites (and many other interesting topics), go directly to the topic concerned, in the Swiss section (Lausanne subforum). If you do not speak French, you have the option of using an summary in image of different projects, with the direct link on the subject (here). Do not hesitate to ask sth in English in the Swiss section.

The stadium is included in the "Metamorphosis project", approved by the voting population in 2010. It will be at near the lake (Vidy) and the curves of the future stadium will be unveiled in fall 2011. I will post here some picture of this project. Inauguration: 2015.

Tower Beaulieu good chance to be, but not yet played. At the beginning of the year in the press, the municipality was still hoping to start on site in autumn 2012 and the tower opened in 2014. The tower will be built almost certainly, the planing is most likely not be required. It is not located in the park but rather a part of the old entrance ("Jomini Front").

Tags
architectural, lausanne, project, urban