daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 26th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #1021
Tyco75
Orgulloso de ser TICO

Likes (Received): 504

Nice Warsaw.
Tyco75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:58 PM   #1022
rychlik
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6603

rychlik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 12:02 AM   #1023
rychlik
BANNED

rebuilding a bridge.

Highcliff liked this post
Old January 28th, 2013, 12:03 AM   #1024
rychlik
BANNED

Highcliff liked this post
Old January 29th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #1025
rychlik
BANNED

HotPocketPieLord, Highcliff liked this post
Old January 30th, 2013, 01:28 AM   #1026
rychlik
BANNED

Urbanista, what's the status on the Royal Castle? It's going a facelift, yes? Let us know more about this.
Old January 30th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #1027
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Likes (Received): 5285

the facelift is done for the Vistula facing side of the castle, I will provide pics in Spring or when available.

Warsaw Post-War Reconstruction to Present
Urbanista1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 09:44 PM   #1028
bd74

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanista1 View Post
Great poster by Oslo2022 to promote reconstruction of Saski and Bruhl Palaces dynamited by Nazis during the war.
Hi all,
I would like to know, has it been made official that the Saski and Bruhl palaces will be reconstructed? Or is it something that's simply being considered?
bd74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 01:26 AM   #1029
HotPocketPieLord

Likes (Received): 50

im not sure, but I think reconstruction of both palaces were only postponed due to the Euro 2012 and other investments in the city. hopefully they'll rebuild it soon
HotPocketPieLord no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 01:55 AM   #1030
Mruczek
Warrior of Excel

Likes (Received): 13458

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd74 View Post
Hi all,
I would like to know, has it been made official that the Saski and Bruhl palaces will be reconstructed? Or is it something that's simply being considered?
Nope. Unfortunately no conclusive decisions has been made. It has been considered for many years and it will be probably considered more
Barcelona Budapeszt Grodno Kowno Madryt Moskwa Ukraina
Mruczek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 02:35 AM   #1031
HotPocketPieLord

hmm, well at least they're considering it better then nothing. in my opinion its too big of a project too be ignored forever. Maybe after the Palace of Culture is restored, Złota 44 and Cosmopolitan are completed the city will have more time for reconstructions and restorations.
Old February 1st, 2013, 09:07 AM   #1032
Ulv
Batiar

Likes (Received): 774

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPocketPieLord View Post
Maybe after the Palace of Culture is restored, Złota 44 and Cosmopolitan are completed the city will have more time for reconstructions and restorations.
I'm afraid there's no major connection between restorations and skyscraper's investments. Anyway, we have a crisis now, so chances for bigger reconstructions are currently dramatically low.
Old February 1st, 2013, 05:27 PM   #1033
HotPocketPieLord

yeah I guess your right, but the crisis can't last forever nor can they ignore the proposal for saski's reconstruction forever.
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:38 PM   #1034
Oslo2022

Likes (Received): 849

This is what you call a great renovation, returning and reconstructing some of its lost facade and glory

Wilcza 22

TimothyR, Highcliff liked this post
Oslo2022 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 09:02 PM   #1035
bd74

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mruczek View Post
Nope. Unfortunately no conclusive decisions has been made. It has been considered for many years and it will be probably considered more
Thanks for the information. It's sad to know that as of yet there are no definite plans for the reconstruction of the palaces.
"To take from one, because it is thought that his own industry and that of his fathers has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers, have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association: the guarantee to everyone of a free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it." -- Thomas Jefferson
bd74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 09:59 PM   #1036
rychlik
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulv View Post
I'm afraid there's no major connection between restorations and skyscraper's investments. Anyway, we have a crisis now, so chances for bigger reconstructions are currently dramatically low.
I though most money has been allocated for this project?
Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:31 AM   #1037
Urbanista1
Here and Now

no, funding was pulled when excavated basements necessitated a total redesign and then priorities changed.

Old February 3rd, 2013, 12:13 AM   #1038
Natural Born Warsaw

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd74 View Post
Thanks for the information. It's sad to know that as of yet there are no definite plans for the reconstruction of the palaces.
Mruczek is not right. There are definite plans to reconstruct both palaces (Saski and Bruhla) as well as some townhouses at Królewska (adjacent to the southern wind of Saski). Only the time-schedule of the investment is not definite because the city hall lacks of funds.

But the project is really advanced:Three decisions on constructions terms and conditions were issued and are still valid, the investment was agreed with the keeper of the monument and archeological investigations were made below the plots on which Saski was located . There is a resolution of the city council on the reconstruction of all aforementioned buildings in pre-war shape for the purpose of city offices. The problem is the money but recently a dynamic association emerged ("Saski 2018') and they claim to have a solution to pay the reconstruction. You should check this article on their webpage if you speak Polish:

http://saski2018.pl/szesc-mitow-woko...lacu-saskiego/

TheReconstructer liked this post
Natural Born Warsaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 01:06 AM   #1039
HotPocketPieLord

thank you for not depressing me( i don't know how you could, but whatever) hopefully they'll begin reconstruction. By the way is Piłsudski Square being revitalized this year?

TheReconstructer liked this post
Old February 4th, 2013, 01:55 AM   #1040
Urbanista1
Here and Now

What the Saski 2018 organization is proposing is very realistic, they have some viable funding models revolving around P3, EU funding supported by the Leipzig Charter and donations - where Poles and friends of Warsaw and the Saski palace could buy a brick to help rebuild the palaces and townhouses. As soon as they are set up as a public charity, I will provide that information on this site so that supporters may begin to make contributions. I also encourage members of Saski 2018 to use this site to keep us informed. Bravo to you all.

Tags
warsaw, warszawa