search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Leeds Metro Area

Leeds Metro Area Leeds, Bradford and West Yorkshire

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 13th, 2016, 08:14 PM   #1
OnTime

Likes (Received): 189

Bradford THEXCHANGE Cinema/Restaurants & Mixed Retail/Residential Development.

Proposals and work progression.

Cinema/Restaurant info:

The Light to anchor Meyer Bergman’s leisure development

Meyer Bergman, owner of The Broadway Bradford, has struck a deal with luxury cinema operator The Light to join the scheme. A new cinema and restaurant extension has been confirmed at the Yorkshire scheme which is managed by Westfield – and is to include a six-screen, 780-seat cinema and four restaurants, totalling 35,000 sq. Construction is scheduled to start in Spring 2016.

http://www.shopping-centre.co.uk/new..._operator.html

THEXCHANGE Residential Development:

Is a mixed retail and residential development. The upper floors of this iconic building, having been occupied for some 45 years as offices and constructed originally to a very high standard, are now available for sale on a long leasehold basis. Up to 98 residential units can be planned for a permitted development on these upper floors, which provide approximately 8,000 sq.ft. per floor (net) and are serviced from a separate quality ground floor entrance and three lifts.
The property has excellent floor to ceiling heights and the framed nature of the accommodation means that it is totally flexible in terms of layouts.

http://thexchangebradford.com/

jpaul81, Regener8tor, DBadger liked this post

Last edited by OnTime; October 15th, 2016 at 02:44 PM.
OnTime no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2016, 09:12 PM   #2
citybradford

Likes (Received): 5

Exciting times
citybradford no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2016, 09:26 PM   #3
OnTime

Tenants already in place.

Bonmarche.

Bright House.

Greggs.

Incoming Tenants to date.

Five Guys.

EasyGym.

Esquires Coffee.

2 Remaining units....

http://www.markbrearley.co.uk/pdf/1024.pdf

Yorkshire Boy liked this post

Last edited by OnTime; April 13th, 2016 at 10:06 PM.
OnTime no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2016, 11:07 AM   #4
thebantam

Likes (Received): 73

There's been rumours on Twitter that Prezzo & TGI's have signed up to go below the cinema.
Still amazed Pizza Express hasn't got a site in Bradford especially when they've got one in a smaller towns like Halifax & Skipton.
thebantam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2016, 11:14 AM   #5
sifront

Likes (Received): 34

i am not on twitter but i would be interested to know which cinema you are referring too?? there is a chance that TGI and prezzo will be taking space in the foster square cinema as tgi normally go for that sort of site with parking right outside don't they?
sifront no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2016, 11:40 AM   #6
thebantam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sifront View Post
i am not on twitter but i would be interested to know which cinema you are referring too?? there is a chance that TGI and prezzo will be taking space in the foster square cinema as tgi normally go for that sort of site with parking right outside don't they?
Under The Light apparently. Someone on Twitter who owns a bar/restaurant called Popadoms said he's opening in Bradford and that Prezzo & TGIs will be there soon too. I guess he's been privy to information about the sign ups to sell the location to him to set up his business here.
Old April 14th, 2016, 11:42 AM   #7
thebantam

Also there are a few examples of centre locations such as TGIs in Halifax. Also there's a Prezo in Blackpool centre and if that hell hole can have one I bloody hope Bradford can too.
Old April 14th, 2016, 12:14 PM   #8
sifront

Likes (Received): 34

oh well thats pretty good to hear. i huess i always take these twitter things with a pinch of salt though as if he was really that invested in it and opening up like he says he is, i wonder if he would be so vocal about it? these things are really commercilly sensistive arent they?
i think a diner thing like tgis would do really well though, as theres nothing like it in the centre.
sifront no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2016, 12:33 PM   #9
thebantam

Popadoms looks quite good too if they are actually opening in Bradford. Check their website: http://papadoms.co.uk/

Yeah I'd love a TGIs in Bradford. Hate having to go to Birstall if you just want a standard chain meal.
Old April 14th, 2016, 01:26 PM   #10
BRADFORD1981

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sifront View Post
oh well thats pretty good to hear. i huess i always take these twitter things with a pinch of salt though as if he was really that invested in it and opening up like he says he is, i wonder if he would be so vocal about it? these things are really commercilly sensistive arent they?
i think a diner thing like tgis would do really well though, as theres nothing like it in the centre.
On a press release announcing the cinema they did say that two of the units under the cinema were under offer so it would tie in really.

OnTime liked this post
BRADFORD1981 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2016, 04:07 PM   #11
OnTime

Pics from earlier in the week.

Front of the Thexchange building.

Rear of the Thexchange building, behind Bonmarche & Bright House.

Right hand side of the Thexchange building, opposite Zizz's and Patisserie Valerie.

The Cinema & Restaurant complex, situated at the rear of the Thexchange block on the Broadway side. Once HMV move into the Broadway Centre on the 2nd of May, work can commence on this building.

Old April 14th, 2016, 09:17 PM   #12
Littleted

Likes (Received): 642

What a difference that has made.

The only way to save Darley Street is to do somethings similar with proper investment into the units. Who wants to shop in grotty smelly shops when there are bright clean modern shops just down the road.
Littleted no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2016, 11:19 PM   #13
MarkJF

Likes (Received): 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebantam View Post

Yeah I'd love a TGIs in Bradford. Hate having to go to Birstall if you just want a standard chain meal.
Why would you travel from Bradford to Birstall for a ready meal? It's convenience eating.
MarkJF no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2016, 11:45 PM   #14
thebantam

Because I like the ribs and burgers from there and there isn't one in Bradford.

I also live in South Bradford so it's 5/10 minutes to Birstall. I'd prefer to go into Bradford but the lack of restaurants prevents this.
Old April 21st, 2016, 01:38 PM   #15
citybradford

Likes (Received): 5

Any more news
citybradford no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 12:53 AM   #16
WibseyBantam

Likes (Received): 4

Prezzo is my favourite of the chain Italian restaurants, so I'd love to see it come to Bradford. Even Ripon and Beverley have a Prezzo, so surely we should too!!! And it's more realistically priced than Zizzi (which I visited a few weeks ago in the Broadway - lovely and a bit different in menu to most of the local Italian restaurants, but quite expensive).

Also, some while ago there was talk of Wagamama coming to the XChange / Broadway. Has that died the death?
WibseyBantam está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 01:39 AM   #17
max-da-beast

Likes (Received): 361

Every time I've been I've thought prezzo is a lot more than zizzis. Decent though.
max-da-beast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 11:52 AM   #18
Mark 1234

Likes (Received): 24

Is the Indian still opening next to Zizzi.
Mark 1234 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 12:16 PM   #19
green_brick

Likes (Received): 14

Finally hadthe chance to see the transformation of bonmarche etc. looks brilliant
green_brick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 01:15 PM   #20
WibseyBantam

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_brick View Post
Finally hadthe chance to see the transformation of bonmarche etc. looks brilliant
Totally agree, it has breathed new life into that part of Market Street. I look forward to seeing (and tasting!!!) the Five Guys restaurant. And I still hope to see my beloved Prezzo make an appearance!
WibseyBantam está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote