daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Uganda

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 13th, 2011, 06:22 AM   #21
Sokotocaliphate
alienigenus

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJamaax View Post
Actually I prefer that, I dont like cities like Cape Town that makes you feel you are in an oyimbo country
Sokotocaliphate no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 13th, 2011, 06:27 AM   #22
Arinze

Likes (Received): 1451

Oyimbo? Na wah for you Jamaa, you wan scatta pesin language for them?
Arinze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 11:05 AM   #23
Sokotocaliphate
alienigenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinze View Post
Oyimbo? Na wah for you Jamaa, you wan scatta pesin language for them?
lol don't you know he's on a mission...he wants to flush any traces of oyinbo oyimbo from Africa...he's persistent and has zeal; I'll give him that
Old April 15th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #24
Sokotocaliphate
alienigenus

Ugandan Princess - Cinderella

I didn't really know where to post this. I intially wanted to post it in the media thread but it was a BBC production and not really a Ugandan outlet so I just decided to post it here....

In the UK there was a programme over a year ago about royalty from all over the world, three princesses took part: one from Asia, one from Europe and one from Africa went undercover in the UK looking for their perfect "prince" charming lol

Towards the end of the programme they had to reveal to their date about their real identity, the African Princess that took part was from Uganda, her name was Cinderella

She was really funny, I don't know if any Ugandans have seen this show but I'll post a few clips for you to see

Old April 16th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #25
u.g boy

Likes (Received): 263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokotocaliphate View Post
I didn't really know where to post this. I intially wanted to post it in the media thread but it was a BBC production and not really a Ugandan outlet so I just decided to post it here....

In the UK there was a programme over a year ago about royalty from all over the world, three princesses took part: one from Asia, one from Europe and one from Africa went undercover in the UK looking for their perfect "prince" charming lol

Towards the end of the programme they had to reveal to their date about their real identity, the African Princess that took part was from Uganda, her name was Cinderella

She was really funny, I don't know if any Ugandans have seen this show but I'll post a few clips for you to see

Sheila Nvanungi not a Buganda princess?

I am writing to set the record straight about the above programme which
was aired on Sunday 7th March 2010 on BBC Three [in Britain] at 9pm.

I am a true Princess from the Buganda Kingdom and my brother Kabaka (king) Ronald Muwenda Mutebi II is the present ruling King of Buganda.

The woman featured on the programme Sheila Nvanungi is not a Buganda princess or member of the Buganda royal family.

This woman started out using the name "Princess" Sheila Nvanungi as a stage
name but now to put in reality, it's shocking. She is well known in the Ugandan capital
Kampala as a singer and has appeared in a film but since 2004, she has hardly
brought out any songs and was rumoured to have many problems.

We are angry and shocked that BBC could make such a programme without verifying the authenticity of this person. I watched last years programme "The Undercover Princes" and enjoyed it but after seeing this one yesterday, it has made me question if these people are true Prince and Princess or has it all been staged by the BBC for the
sake of getting viewing ratings and good entertainment!

1. I hope the people who watched the programme on Sunday wondered why we never went inside any palace. The Buganda Kingdom has three palaces named Banda, Kireka and Bamunanika. None of the three was shown on the show let alone see this woman inside.

2. What this woman was wearing as our tradition attire is not what we wear. Our
attire is called a busuuti but this woman was dressed like a Zulu from South Africa.

3. This woman acted very primitive but members of the Buganda Royal Family are well educated who have attended schools, colleges and universities here in Britain and
America. Even at this moment, we have young members of our royal family at boarding school here. Yes, we do know what jacket potato, beef burger and coleslaw are but this woman did not have a clue.

It is shocking how primitive this woman came across in the programme. She has
ashamed, humiliated and embarrassed the Buganda Kingdom. I hope you will be able to print this for us in order to set the record straight.

this is from a Ugandan new paper.

the link:http://www.ugandarecord.co.ug/index....da%20princess?
u.g boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2011, 02:50 AM   #26
Sokotocaliphate
alienigenus

oh dear now I feel terrible....well I'm sorry for posting a false representation of Uganda then

oh and btw I had noticed that she wasn't wearing a busuuti but because I thought she was a royal I thought they had another special outfit reserved for them...but that is a good point though.

Quote:
3. This woman acted very primitive but members of the Buganda Royal Family are well educated who have attended schools, colleges and universities here in Britain and
America. Even at this moment, we have young members of our royal family at boarding school here. Yes, we do know what jacket potato, beef burger and coleslaw are but this woman did not have a clue.
okay as terrible as I feel about this misleading potrait from the BBC I couldn't help laughing at this
Old April 18th, 2011, 05:03 PM   #27
Liones

Likes (Received): 1

Sokots

I need to get this out of my system b4 it's too late......Sheila's hairstyles throughout the episiodes were a complete mess.com.....my fingers were literally itching to fix her hair.

I watched all the episiodes and Sheila was hialrious and entertaining. (i really don't care whether she was a fake princess). She was interesting to watch. The princess from Germany just didn'tlook like a princess IMO.......and her choice in men sucked. Sheila got a good taste in men and Lawrence was a fine specimen+ good personality (hard to find these kinds).

As for the Indian princess, I was like "chile please, keep it moving"....she was on the wrong show, she was very boring, and lacked personality. Having said that, the only princess IMO from that show was the Indian princess(however, i don't think she comes from a very popular Kingdom. Probably comes from one of those less significant kingdoms). The Indian princess too was crying and taking sticky notes on how to appraoch a man! ..wtf......Anyways, the German girl just didn't look like a princess and she needed to fix her teeth. I am sure she was a hired actress. As for my favorite, Sheila, girlfriend was the bomb.com

The producers definitely know what they were doing and hired actors and less significant descendants of a royal kindom (the Indian princess) to make a show.

But yeah, it was good to see three strangers from different continents interact with one another without succumbing to the prejudices and stereotypes on this world.
Liones no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #28
Sokotocaliphate
alienigenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liones View Post
Sokots

I need to get this out of my system b4 it's too late......Sheila's hairstyles throughout the episiodes were a complete mess.com.....my fingers were literally itching to fix her hair.

I watched all the episiodes and Sheila was hialrious and entertaining. (i really don't care whether she was a fake princess). She was interesting to watch. The princess from Germany just didn'tlook like a princess IMO.......and her choice in men sucked. Sheila got a good taste in men and Lawrence was a fine specimen+ good personality (hard to find these kinds).

As for the Indian princess, I was like "chile please, keep it moving"....she was on the wrong show, she was very boring, and lacked personality. Having said that, the only princess IMO from that show was the Indian princess(however, i don't think she comes from a very popular Kingdom. Probably comes from one of those less significant kingdoms). The Indian princess too was crying and taking sticky notes on how to appraoch a man! ..wtf......Anyways, the German girl just didn't look like a princess and she needed to fix her teeth. I am sure she was a hired actress. As for my favorite, Sheila, girlfriend was the bomb.com

The producers definitely know what they were doing and hired actors and less significant descendants of a royal kindom (the Indian princess) to make a show.

But yeah, it was good to see three strangers from different continents interact with one another without succumbing to the prejudices and stereotypes on this world.

I never knew you guys could watch this programme in America

yeah I did know one Ugandan girl that was embarassed of Sheila but she was the most fascinating to watch and after reading that revealing letter from u.g boy she does actually reveal herself to be a bit....hmmmmmm....a bit of a fake I suppose. She acts like she's never been let out in the world before but she was the most interesting and entertaining "princess".

The German one looks like someone who is down to earth and really cool and fun to hang out with - I duobt she even knew about her royal connections...lol @ the Indian one, she's lived a sheltered life all her life - she didn't even know how to approach women all that so how was she supposed to know how approach men lol

I think the undercover princes were more enetertaining however....The Swazi King was such a typical African man ....damn he needed to excercise as well.

I loved what he told his date....she dared to disagree with him about the British vs Zulus etc and he said "lady, today we must agree with me tomorrow we will only agree with your points" ...just because she said she didn't want to be with him he blanked her for the rest of her stay in Swazi

The Indian Prince was into men

and there was another one - can't rememeber where he comes from and he was banished from his own Kingdom

but yeah Sheila was the best thing to happen in the women series - she should just have taken advatange of her exposure and short lived royalty status and gone and act in Nollywood ....that's where she belongs really
Old April 18th, 2011, 07:16 PM   #29
Liones

Likes (Received): 1

Nope gurl, it is not shown here but you did influence me in watching the entire episodes after you posted the preview for the series in this thread.....someone uploaded the whole episodes on YouTube.

Sheila had the nerve to call herself CINDERELLA.... Smh :

My funniest Sheila Moments:
  1. When she got scared of a dog from a passer-by
  2. Her sudden strange behaviour when she and her man were in Uganda.
  3. Calling a white man "too pink"
  4. Her first sip of British coffee
  5. Equating Essex/Britain to Paradise
  6. The scene where she meets her blinddate for the first time......No comment:

Apart from that, was the wierd voiceover from the background describing what Sheila was doing at various scenes
  1. The scene where the voicever described Sheila as talking to the trolley (at the supermarket) :
  2. When Sheila was standing at the balcony of the supermarket.

The Indian Princess ( forgot that girl's name)
  1. Her blindate date with that chef at the restaurant.....urg awkward!!!! :
  2. When that white boy dumped her on their date..lol......, girlfriend tried to unbruise her ego by forcing herself to go on another date thet very instant :...(we all know that the white guy dumped her)

Sheila is wrong on so many levels for doing this...the comedy starts from 8:08 - the end of the video... Smh

Please if you know where I can watch the episodes for the Prince, pls send me the links....I couldn't find the entire episodes on You Tube.

Last edited by Liones; April 18th, 2011 at 07:30 PM.
Liones no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 07:33 PM   #30
Sokotocaliphate
alienigenus

Quote:
Nope gurl, it is not shown here but you did influence me in watching the entire episodes after you posted the preview for the series in this thread.....someone uploaded the whole episodes on YouTube.

Sheila had the nerve to call herself CINDERELLA.... Smh :
well it's better than she calling her self Snow White

Quote:
My funniest Sheila Moments:
  1. When she got scared of a dog from and
  2. Her strange habits when she and her man were in Uganda.
  3. Calling a white man "too pink"
  4. Her first sip of British coffee
  5. Equating Essex/Britain to Paradise
  6. The scene where she meets her blinddate for the first time......No comment:
Oh Lord she called a guy "too pink" ....

I didn't even see that episode

lol @ calling essex a paradise ....yeah a paradise for horny men more like - that is known as the slutty side of London

I was laughing so hard when she forced her date from Tirnidad to pretend he was a prince from his country to impress her family

he couldn't even fake that...when they were asking him if he were a prince and how the royal structure is in Trinidad he was talking about presidents, election etc

And the first time he came out to Uganda she kept him waiting for so long and just showed up and was like feeling sorry for herself - lol that girl is a diva

Quote:

The Indian Princess ( forgot that girl's name)
  1. Her blindate date with that chef at the restaurant.....urg awkward!!!! :
  2. When that white boy dumped her on their date..lol......, girlfriend tried to unbruise her ego by forcing herself to go on another date thet very instant :...(we all know that the white guy dumped her)
lol the Indian Princess was a 5 year old trapped in a womans body - I sorry for her lol

Quote:
Please if you know where I can watch the episodes for the Prince, pls send me the links....I couldn't find the entire episodes on You Tube.
sorry I don't know how to retrieve the whole episodes but the Prince version was hilarious...none of the girls in the UK were feeling the Swazi King - must have hurt his royal ego....I don't even think they knew what flirting was...he would just go to a group of girls with a pen and paper collecting numbers

the next day he tried calling them up to come over they were like no way lol
Old June 11th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #31
Kenguy

Likes (Received): 560

Ugandan Music Thread

Post Ugandan music videos here.
Old June 11th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #32
Kenguy

Bagala KiKi - Grace Nakimera, Azizi Azion.

Old June 11th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #33
Kenguy

Where you are- Blu 3 Radio and Weasel

Old July 29th, 2011, 12:45 AM   #34
xJamaax

How do we get more active Ugandan forumers?

I've just noticed that the forum is somehow dead and ug boy is like the one holding everything up?Which forums do Ugandans visit?at least we can convinced them to cross over to SSC and rep their country too.
xJamaax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 12:54 AM   #35
Depotmaster

Likes (Received): 7

present your neighbours free computers!
Are really all 7 billion people conscious like me, or are we only a few? Is individuality an illusion?
Depotmaster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 07:35 PM   #36
đđeůx
DrEameR

Likes (Received): 1478

I'm wondering too, but anyways I think we should start helping u.g.boy out.
đđeůx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:31 AM   #37
xJamaax

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by đđeůx View Post
I'm wondering too, but anyways I think we should start helping u.g.boy out.
Yes, we have to try.
xJamaax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 09:38 PM   #38
alama
Oye, brode!

Likes (Received): 1145

It's like me, i'm practically the only one holding the mozambican sub-section, sometimes i feel like i'm talking alone LOL. Thanks God new Mozambican members are joining and contributing a lot these days.
alama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 09:42 PM   #39
Sokotocaliphate
alienigenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by alama View Post
It's like me, i'm practically the only one holding the mozambican sub-section, sometimes i feel like i'm talking alone LOL. Thanks God new Mozambican members are joining and contributing a lot these days.
don't worry bonito when your child comes you'll have company
Old August 18th, 2011, 09:45 PM   #40
Arinze

Likes (Received): 1451

For a small fee I'll be Ugandan
Arinze no está en línea   Reply With Quote