search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old April 23rd, 2011, 05:45 PM   #21
Bez_imena
Kosovo is Serbia!
 
Bez_imena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Serbia, Србија
Posts: 5,595
Likes (Received): 3294

Cathedral of Saint Sava - Belgrade

The Cathedral of Saint Sava (Hram Svetog Save) is the largest Serbian Orthodox church, the largest Orthodox place of worship in the Balkans and one of the largest Orthodox churches in the world. It is located on the eastern part of the Svetosavski Trg square on the Vračarski Plato in Belgrade. It was raised on the spot where it is thought that in 1595 Sinan-Pasha burned the relics of Saint Sava, founder of the Serbian Orthodox Church. This memorial cathedral is an organic component of Belgrade’s contemporary skyline, and one of its key features.

The church was built in the Serbian-Byzantine style, with four 44 m-high steeples. At its highest point the dome is 70 m in height, while the main gilded cross is an additional 12 m high, giving the Cathedral a total height of 82 m and a height above sea level of 134 m (64 m above the level of the Sava river). For this reason the church occupies a prominent place on Belgrade’s horizon and can be seen from all approaches to the city. The church occupies an area of 3500 m˛ at floor level, with an additional 1500 m˛ in the three galleries on the first level. There are more galleries 120 m2 in area on the second level, where a panoramic outside view can be seen all around the dome. The church extends 91 m in the east-west direction, and 81 m in the north-south direction. The domes are decorated with 18 gilded crosses of three different sizes, while the belfries house 49 bells.

The church can accommodate 10,000 believers at any one time, and the western choir gallery can hold 800 choristers. Beneath the floor of the church, there are vaults and the crypt of Saint Sava as well as the burial church of Holy Prince Lazar, totalling 1800 m˛ in area. The cathedral is clad in white marble and granite, while the murals, which are yet to be undertaken, will be mosaics. The plan is for the main dome to be decorated with a huge mosaic of Christ Pantocrator.

[IMG]http://i51.************/mmznl0.jpg[/IMG]

www.hramsvetogsave.com
__________________
Kosovo is Serbia!
Bez_imena no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2011, 05:59 PM   #22
Bez_imena
Kosovo is Serbia!
 
Bez_imena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Serbia, Србија
Posts: 5,595
Likes (Received): 3294

Ulpiana was an ancient Roman city located in southern Serbia. It was also named Justiniana Secunda. Ulpiana is situated in the municipality of Lipljan. In 1990, Ulpiana was added to the Archaeological Sites of Exceptional Importance list, protected by Republic of Serbia.

Under the Roman Empire, Ulpiana flourished and it is mentioned as a glorious city "urb splendidissma". Ulpiana suffered numerous attacks from barbarian tribes (Huns, Goths), it was destroyed in 479 when the Goth King Theodemir sent his son Theodoric the Great with 3,000 soldiers to destroy the city. A final blow came when an earthquake struck in 518 AD and destroyed what remained of Ulpiana.

Procopius writes that "He (Justinian) rebuilt all the falling walls of the city (Ulpiana) and after he decorated them with a splendour, he gave them the beauty of the present day and called them "Justiniana Secunda"."

In the 6th century during the rule of Justinian the city was rebuilt, after whom it was called Iustiana Secunda.

Remains of this city - destroyed and rebuilt several times throughout history, with basilica, mosaics, and tombstones - have been unearthed west of Gračanica. In the early Christian period, Ulpiana was an important episcopal center. A number of articles were discovered here such as coins, ceramics, weapons, jewellery, and similar.

[IMG]http://i55.************/24q7bzl.jpg[/IMG]
__________________
Kosovo is Serbia!
Bez_imena no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2011, 06:07 PM   #23
Bez_imena
Kosovo is Serbia!
 
Bez_imena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Serbia, Србија
Posts: 5,595
Likes (Received): 3294

Beli dvor - Belgrade

Beli dvor is a mansion located in Belgrade, Serbia. The mansion is part of the Royal Compound, a real estate of royal residences and parklands located in Dedinje, an exclusive area of Belgrade.
The Royal Dedinje Compound covers an area of over 100 hectares, of which 27 hectares surround the Royal Palace and another 12 hectares the Beli dvor. The service buildings include kitchens, garages, Palace Guard buildings, the administration of the Office of the Marshal of the Royal Court, etc.

Designed by architect Aleksandar Đorđević, Beli dvor is a severe neo-Palladian structure that was inspired by 18th century English houses such as Ditchley Park. Its interiors were decorated with English Georgian and 19th century Russian antiques by the French design firm Jansen, which later decorated the White House during the administration of John F. Kennedy.
While the Old Palace (Royal Palace) was being built, King Aleksandar of Yugoslavia wanted to build a house for his children.

[IMG]http://i51.************/2cffxwk.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i52.************/of6n4h.jpg[/IMG]

The qualified tour guides at the Palace will tell any visitor that Beli dvor's notable works of art include paintings by Eugčne Fromentin, Simon Vouet, two paintings by Nicolas Poussin, Sebastien Bourdon, Madonna dream by Albrecht Altdorfer, Man with flaute by Rembrandt, St. John and Donor and The Holy Family with St. Catherine by Palma Vecchio , Paolo Veronese, two paintings by Antonio Canaletto, Breughel, Eugčne Fromentin, Jean-Baptiste Carpeaux , Biagio d'Antonio, Giuseppe Crespi, Nicolae Grigorescu , Franz Xaver Winterhalter, Đura Jakšić, Steva Todorović, Ivan Meštrović, Vlaho Bukovac and others. This collection was created by Prince Paul of Yugoslavia. Also the green and white Sevres porcelain service was purchased by him in 1932 in Paris from the gallery Charpentier. The service once belonged to the Comte d'Artois.

[IMG]http://i56.************/2e4eoop.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i52.************/deo65f.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i51.************/343jker.jpg[/IMG]
__________________
Kosovo is Serbia!
Bez_imena no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2011, 06:22 PM   #24
Bez_imena
Kosovo is Serbia!
 
Bez_imena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Serbia, Србија
Posts: 5,595
Likes (Received): 3294

The Gardoš Tower - Zemun

Kula naThe Gardoš Tower, a visual and historical symbol of Zemun, is also famous as the Sibinjanin Janko’s Tower or “Millennium Tower”.
According to the legend in this tower died famous Hungarian hero from the battles against the Turkish soldiers, Janoš Hunyadi, known as Sibinjanin Janko as well and after him the tower got its name. However, history refutes the legend and shows how truly Hunyadi died just at that point, within the Zemun fortress but even 440 years before building the tower.

[IMG]http://i53.************/69gvmp.jpg[/IMG]

According to the logic and most convincing theory, the name “Millennium Tower” is the most correct one. Specifically, the tower is evidently built the Hungarians (the construction was completed on August 5, 1896.) as a symbol of his present in Pannonia. Moreover, it was built in total 5 identical buildings: one on the far north, west, east and south (in Zemun) border of its empire, and one central one in Budapest. Except the tower in Budapest, it is preserved the Zemun Tower till today too.

Otherwise, the tower is located at the most prominent point on the Gardoš Hill in the ruins of the fortress of which has remained today only the corner towers in the medieval architectural style which impressions are even more prominent with narrow and cobblestoned streets and stairs of the ancient Zemun. There is a magnificent and certainly unforgettable view of Zemun and Danube from the Tower. The Gardoš Tower is by itself an essential and dominant element of the Zemun silhouettes and the best view you can take from the Danube and the Belgrade fortress.

[IMG]http://i55.************/jgk5sp.jpg[/IMG]

www.kulanagardosu.com
__________________
Kosovo is Serbia!
Bez_imena no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2011, 06:22 PM   #25
brscraper
Gave bad
 
brscraper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,508
Likes (Received): 1846

Beautiful
brscraper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 03:02 PM   #26
Bez_imena
Kosovo is Serbia!
 
Bez_imena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Serbia, Србија
Posts: 5,595
Likes (Received): 3294

Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts - Belgrade

Since the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts was founded by law (as the Serbian Royal Academy) of 1 November 1886, it has been the highest academic institution in Serbia. According to the Royal Academy Founding Act, King Milan was to appoint the first academic, who would then choose other members of the academy. The names of the first academics were announced by King Milan on 5 April 1887. At that time, there existed four sections in the academy, which were then called "specialised academies". Four academics were appointed to each section:
The building of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, erected in 1922.

[IMG]http://i53.************/zy6on8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i56.************/29zuc61.jpg[/IMG]
__________________
Kosovo is Serbia!
Bez_imena no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 03:35 PM   #27
Bez_imena
Kosovo is Serbia!
 
Bez_imena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Serbia, Србија
Posts: 5,595
Likes (Received): 3294

Lepenski Vir is an important Mesolithic archaeological site located in Serbia in the central Balkan peninsula. It consists of one large settlement with around ten satellite villages. The evidence suggests the first human presence in the locality around 7000 BC with the culture reaching its peak between 5300 BC and 4800 BC. Numerous piscine sculptures and peculiar architecture are testimony to a rich social and religious life led by the inhabitants and the high cultural level of these early Europeans.

[IMG]http://i53.************/r1e72b.jpg[/IMG]

Lepenski Vir is located on the banks of the Danube in eastern Serbia, within the Iron Gates gorge, near Donji Milanovac. The first excavations were made on the site in 1965. In 1966 it was listed as a cultural monument of Yugoslavia. It was only in 1967 that its importance was fully understood after the discovery of the first Mesolithic sculptures. The excavations ended in 1971 when the whole site was relocated 29.7m higher to avoid flooding from a new artificial lake created in the Iron Gates gorge. The main contribution to exploration of this site was through the work of professor Dragoslav Srejović of the University of Belgrade. 136 buildings, settlements and altars were found in the initial excavations in 1965-1970.

Lepenski Vir was declared a Monument of Culture of Exceptional Importance in 1979, and it is protected by the Republic of Serbia.

[IMG]http://i54.************/14mtl41.jpg[/IMG]

History

The main site consists of several archeological phases starting with Proto-Lepenski Vir, then Lepenski Vir Ia-e, Lepenski Vir II and Lepenski Vir III, whose occupation spanned well over a millennium from the Mesolithic to the Neolithic period. A number of satellite villages belonging to the same culture and time period were discovered in the surrounding area. These additional sites include Hajducka Vodenica, Padina, Vlasac, Ikaona, Kladovska Skela and others. Found artifacts include tools made from stone and bones, the remains of houses, and numerous sacral objects including unique stone sculptures.

It is assumed that the people of Lepenski Vir culture represent the descendants of the early European population of the Brno-Předmost hunter gatherer culture from the end of the last ice age. Archeological evidence of human habitation of the surrounding caves dates back to around 20,000 BC. The first settlement on the low plateau dates back to 7000 BC, a time when the climate became significantly warmer.

The development of the settlement was strongly influenced by the topology of the surrounding area. It sat on a narrow plateau on the banks of the river, squeezed between cliffs and the flow of the Danube. As such it offered only limited resources in terms of food, raw materials and living space. This is reflected in the findings from the earliest layer. Proto-Lepenski Vir represents only a small settlement of maybe just 4 or 5 families with fewer than a hundred inhabitants. The primary food source of the inhabitants was probably fishing. Fishing communities of this type are typical for the wider Danube valley region during this period.

In later periods the problems of overpopulation of the original settlement became evident. At this time important sociological change occurred, a change that makes Lepenski Vir a truly outstanding culture in the Mesolithic era.

Archaeological findings in the surrounding area show evidence of temporary settlements, probably built for the purpose of hunting and gathering of food or raw materials. This suggests a complex semi-nomadic economy with managed exploitation of resources in the area not immediately surrounding the village, something remarkable for the traditional view of Mesolithic people of Europe. More complexity in an economy leads to professional specialization and thus to social differentiation.

This is clearly evident in the layout of the Lepenski Vir Ia-e settlement. The village is well planned. All houses are built according to one complex geometric pattern. These remains of houses constitute the distinct Lepenski Vir architecture, one of the important achievements of this culture. The main layout of the village is clearly visible. The dead were buried outside the village in an elaborate cemetery. The only exceptions were apparently a few notable elders who were buried behind the fireplaces in houses, according to a religious ritual.

The complex social structure was dominated by a religion which probably served as a binding force for the community and a means of coordination of activity for its members. Numerous sacral objects that were discovered in this layer support this theory. The most remarkable examples are piscine sculptures, unique to the Lepenski Vir culture, which represent one of the first examples of monumental sacral art on European soil.

Lepenski Vir gives us a rare opportunity to observe the gradual transition from the hunter gatherer way of life of early humans to the agricultural economy of the Neolithic. More and more complex social structure influenced the development of planning and self-discipline necessary for agricultural production.

Once agricultural products became a commodity, a new way of life replaced the old social structure. Distinct characteristics of Lepenski Vir culture, its house architecture and fish sculptures, disappeared gradually. Lepenski Vir III is representative of a Neolithic site and is more typical of other sites across a much wider area. The exact mechanism of this transition remains unclear, but the evidence suggests development through evolution rather than outside invasion.

[IMG]http://i54.************/359d10j.jpg[/IMG]

Sculptures

The earliest sculptures found on the site date to the time of Lepenski Vir Ib settlement. They are present in all the following layers until the end of the distinct Lepenski vir culture. All the sculptures were carved from round sandstone cobbles found on the river banks.

The sculptures can be separated in two distinct categories, one with simple geometric patterns and the other representing humanoid figures. The latter are the most interesting. All of these figural sculptures were modelled in a naturalistic and strongly expressionistic manner. Only the head and face of the human figures were modelled realistically, with strong brow arches, an elongated nose, and a wide, fish-like mouth. Hair, beard, arms and hands can be seen on some of the figures in a stylized form. Many fish-like features can be noticed. Along with the position which these sculptures had in the house shrine, they suggest a connection with river gods.

[IMG]http://i55.************/2i23qrk.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i53.************/29v0vae.jpg[/IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lepenski_Vir
__________________
Kosovo is Serbia!
Bez_imena no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2011, 08:59 AM   #28
johnbriner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5
Likes (Received): 0

Based from these photos alone, it appears that Serbia has a rich history and culture. Those structures are truly impressive and are really luxurious. Thank you for sharing these images. Now, I would like to visit Serbia to experience its rich culture.
__________________
John Briner Art
johnbriner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:11 PM   #29
Bez_imena
Kosovo is Serbia!
 
Bez_imena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Serbia, Србија
Posts: 5,595
Likes (Received): 3294

Trajan's Bridge - Kladovo

Trajan's Bridge or Bridge of Apollodorus over the Danube was a Roman segmental arch bridge, the first to be built over the lower Danube. For more than a thousand years, it was the longest arch bridge in the world to have been built, in terms of both total and span length. The bridge was constructed by the Greek architect Apollodorus of Damascus for the deployment of Roman troops in the war against Dacia, in 105 AD.

The bridge was situated East from the Iron Gates, nearby the present-day cities of Drobeta-Turnu Severin (Romania) and Kladovo (Serbia). Its construction was ordered by Emperor Trajan as a supply route for the Roman legions fighting in Dacia.

The structure was 1,135 m (3,724 ft) in length (the Danube is 800 m (2,600 ft) wide in that area), 15 m (49 ft) in width, and 19 m (62 ft) in height (measured from the river's surface). At each end was situated a Roman castrum, each of them built around an entrance (crossing was possible only by walking through the camp).

Its engineer, Apollodorus of Damascus, used wooden arches set on twenty masonry pillars (made with bricks, mortar and pozzolana cement) that spanned 38 m (125 ft) each. Nevertheless, it was built over an unusually short period of time (between 103 and 105)–one possible explanation is that the river was diverted during the bridge's construction.

[IMG]http://i54.************/16hq461.jpg[/IMG]

-The bridge was destroyed by Aurelian, after the Roman Empire withdrew its troops from Dacia.

-The twenty pillars could still be seen in the year 1856, when the level of the Danube hit a record low.

-In 1906, the International Commission of the Danube decided to destroy two of the pillars that were obstructing navigation.

-In 1932, there were 16 remaining pillars underwater, but in 1982 only 12 were mapped by archeologists; the other four had probably been swept away by water. Only the entrance pillars are nowadays visible on either bank of the Danube.

-In 1979, Trajan's Bridge was added to the Monument of Culture of Exceptional Importance, and in 1983 on Archaeological Sites of Exceptional Importance list, and by that it is protected by Republic of Serbia.

[IMG]http://i54.************/jsj78h.jpg[/IMG]

Serbia to project historic bridge hologram over Danube
Serbian archeologists and engineers are working on a hologram to be projected over the Danube river to reproduce parts of a Roman bridge that once stood on the spot, project director Miomir Korac said.
"The hologram will show a replica of the original bridge for a length of 150 to 200 metres (yards)," Korac told AFP.
"We will install pumps that will spray a fine mist of water droplets which will allow the laser to project the image of the bridge," he explained.
__________________
Kosovo is Serbia!
Bez_imena no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 04:57 PM   #30
Bez_imena
Kosovo is Serbia!
 
Bez_imena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Serbia, Србија
Posts: 5,595
Likes (Received): 3294

Bač Fortress

[IMG]http://i52.************/s1254z.jpg[/IMG]

Bač Fortress is the medieval fortress in the Serbia, in Vojvodina. It is located near the town of Bač.

Built at the time of Hungarian King Charles Robert I (1310–1342). Then there are eight towers, various chambers of the county manager, hodinke, arrest the guards, kitchen, well, barn, etc.. Bač Fortress then became an important military, political, cultural and ecclesiastical seat. When your existing between the Mohács battle 1529, the city and fort were under the Turkish rule. From this period dates the descriptions of the fortress in Backa itineraries Evlia Ćelebia. According to traveler description the city was surrounded by a wide circle of trenches filled with water.

From the time of Rákóczi Rebellion (1703–1711) fortress was burned, destroyed and abandoned. In addition Bač fort remained the best preserved medieval fortress in Vojvodina. In Bač and today are the ruins of the former fortress whose base is in the form of an irregular pentagon.

In the ruins there are four lateral and one central tower height of 18 metres, which was partially reconstructed.

[IMG]http://i55.************/adjh1e.jpg[/IMG]
__________________
Kosovo is Serbia!
Bez_imena no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 02:26 PM   #31
Bez_imena
Kosovo is Serbia!
 
Bez_imena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Serbia, Србија
Posts: 5,595
Likes (Received): 3294

Mileseva monastery

The Monastery church dedicated to the Ascension of the Lord on the River of Milesevka, near city of Priijepolje, was founded by Serbian King Vladislav, c 1234/5. It was here that King Vladislav transferred from Bulgaria the relics of his uncle St. Sava, which he buried in 1236. The body of Vladislav himself was laid here as well.

[IMG]http://i53.************/21jtbo3.jpg[/IMG]

Mileseva (serb. Mileševa) is one of the most important Serbian sanctuaries and spiritual centers. Some historians believe that the coronation of King Tvrtko I of Bosnia took place in Mileševa. In 1594, the Turks removed the relics of the greatest Serbian saint, St. Sava from the monastery and publicly burned them on Vracar hill in Belgrade, making him thus a posthumous martyr.

The Monastery was also famous as a printing centre at the time of the Turkish occupation. In the first half of the sixteenth century, the first service books were illuminated here.

The first group of frescoes were produced in the 1230s. The other groups include works from the Turkish period, to be found in the exonarthex. These thirteenth century frescoes may be considered to be the supreme achievement of all the painting in Europe of that time.

[IMG]http://i51.************/2vmu23n.jpg[/IMG]

White Angel (Serbian: Бели анђео) is a detail of a world famous fresco from the Mileševa monastery circa 1230 AD in Serbia, Mironosnice na Hristovom grobu (Myrrhbearers on Christ's Grave). It is also one of the most famous frescoes in Serbian culture. It depicts an angel sitting in front of the tomb of Christ. This monastery belongs to a Latin period in Byzantine art.

The first satellite broadcast in 1963 between Europe and North America sent a picture of White Angel from Mileševa in first broadcasting frames to salute American people from Europeans. Later the same signal was transmitted to space to meet eventual extraterrestrial life forms. It once again contained the White Angel, as it has been recognized world wide as a true and unique message of overall peace.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mile%C5%A1eva_monastery
__________________
Kosovo is Serbia!
Bez_imena no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2011, 07:21 PM   #32
EagleX
GLaDOS
 
EagleX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Subotica
Posts: 3,101
Likes (Received): 1593

Rajhlo's Palace(Subotica) a masterpiece of secession architecture. It was build in 1904 as the architect's home. There is a trivia that there was a secret entrance from the attic to the palace next to this one where the architect's mistress lived.





Last edited by EagleX; May 11th, 2011 at 11:10 PM.
EagleX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 01:39 AM   #33
EagleX
GLaDOS
 
EagleX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Subotica
Posts: 3,101
Likes (Received): 1593

Vojnić palace (Subotica)


image hosted on flickr

djomla

Some old photos


After the war (WWII)
image hosted on flickr


View from the palace.
image hosted on flickr
EagleX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 09:14 AM   #34
titit
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
Likes (Received): 0

Divne slike , lepo objasnjene
titit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 09:18 AM   #35
Ivo Andrić
All we need is Šljivovica
 
Ivo Andrić's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,580
Likes (Received): 96

Pirot fortress: Momčilov grad

Momčilov grad (Momčilo's fortress) is situated in Pirot, SE Serbia. It was built in the 14th century by Duke Momčilo. It was supposed to serve as a defense against the Turks on the busy road which led from Belgrade to Constantinople.

Pirot Fortress was declared Monument of Culture of Great Importance in 1979, and it is protected by Republic of Serbia.

Ivo Andrić no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 06:48 PM   #36
Bez_imena
Kosovo is Serbia!
 
Bez_imena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Serbia, Србија
Posts: 5,595
Likes (Received): 3294

The Name of Mary Church - Novi Sad



The Name of Mary Church is a Roman Catholic church named after Virgin Mary. It is in the capital of Serbian province of Vojvodina, Novi Sad. Locals refer to it as the "Catholic cathedral", or just "cathedral", even though the actual cathedral (bishop's seat) is located in Subotica.

The church was built on the foundation of an old Roman Catholic church, which was damaged during Revolution of 1848. This church was not restored correctly, so Catholics from Novi Sad decided to build a new church. It was finished in the end of the 19th century, in 1894 by architect Georg Molnar. The church is a three-nave building, with gothic arches. The altar is made of carved wood from Tyrol, the windows with stained glass from Budapest and the roof tiles were made of Zsolnay ceramics. It is the highest church in Bačka region and dominates the city center of Novi Sad.

The steeple is 72 m high. The church is 52 m long, 25 m wide and the height of the roof 22 m. The exterior is built of yellow facing bricks, while the church itself, with its interior carvings, was decorated in the Neogothic style.





www.novisad.rs
__________________
Kosovo is Serbia!
Bez_imena no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 07:00 PM   #37
Bez_imena
Kosovo is Serbia!
 
Bez_imena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Serbia, Србија
Posts: 5,595
Likes (Received): 3294

Castle Belimarković - Vrnjačka Banja

Built in the period between 1882 and 1887 to the design of Viennese architect Franz Winter for General Jovan Belimarković, minister to Serbian king Milan Obrenović and regent to the juvenile king Aleksandar Obrenović.

This summer residence was built above the boundary of the spa complex of the time, on the slopes above a warm water spring. The opulent Belimarković residence was built in the Romantic Historicism style, with Renaissance elements modeled on the rural villas of northern Italy. The main material used was white marble from Belimarković’s quarry at the foot of the mountain of Goč.

The house has been designated a protected cultural property of great value. Today it operates under the name Castle of Culture and houses the Vrnjačka Banja Homeland Museum and an exhibition area in which frequent concerts, lectures, drama medleys staged by the summer school, book promotions and exhibitions are held.





www.vrnjackabanja.co.rs
__________________
Kosovo is Serbia!
Bez_imena no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 08:25 AM   #38
Todorovic
Photo
 
Todorovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Belgrade - Nish
Posts: 254
Likes (Received): 71

Excellent topic, maybe one of best for Serbia, I will put here one photos from Mediana, residence of Konstantin The Great,


__________________
TT Group | Bugarska iz mog objektiva | www.SeoExpert.rs | Moja priča o Istanbulu
Todorovic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 11:44 PM   #39
Bez_imena
Kosovo is Serbia!
 
Bez_imena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Serbia, Србија
Posts: 5,595
Likes (Received): 3294

Captain Miša’s Mansion - Belgrade

Captain Miša’s Mansion, at Students’ Square 1, was built between 1858 and 1863 as the private palace of Miša Anastasijević, the “Danube Captain” and the wealthiest person in Serbia at the time.

It was designed by the Czech Jan Nevole, who also left behind a number of other architectural works around Belgrade. Built as a palace, it was presented as a gift to the Serbian people for educational and cultural purposes (the inscription on the main façade states – “Miša Anastasijević to his fatherland”). It was the greatest and most beautiful mansion in Serbia at the time.

Its architecture represents a mix of various styles, cultures and epochs, mostly presenting elements of renaissance and romanticism. In accordance with the wishes of the donor, the building housed nearly all significant educational and cultural institutions in the Principality of Serbia – the Ministry of Education, the Grand School (forerunner to the University), the First Belgrade Gymnasium, National Museum, a gallery of paintings and a library. The Ceremonial Hall was occasionally used for sessions of the National Assembly (1864-1875) and the Senate (1901-1903). It currently houses the Belgrade University Rectorate and parts of the Faculty of Philosophy.

[IMG]http://i51.************/2n9ayrq.jpg[/IMG]
__________________
Kosovo is Serbia!
Bez_imena no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #40
Bez_imena
Kosovo is Serbia!
 
Bez_imena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Serbia, Србија
Posts: 5,595
Likes (Received): 3294

Zrenjanin City Hall

Zrenjanin City Hall is located at the Trg Slobode (Liberty Square) in Zrenjanin, Serbia. It is a seat of the Zrenjanin municipality.
Present-day Zrenjanin (formerly known as Veliki Bečkerek / Nagybecskerek / Großbetschkerek / Becicherecul Mare) was a seat of Torontaliensis county from 1779. A great fire in 1807 destroyed almost every building in the city, including old county building. Construction works for a new building started in 1816 and were finished in 1820 under project of architect Joseph Fischer. After 70 years, county building was re-constructed under projects of two renowned architects from Budapest - Gyula Partos and Ödön Lechner.

[IMG]http://i55.************/j0y3uo.jpg[/IMG]

The county building was added by right and left wings, modernised facade in Neobaroque, new balcony, Zsolnay roof tile patterns and several other things like electrical lightning and telephone line.

Main stairs are decorated by three stained glasses, depicting personifications of "Justice", "Wisdom" and "Power".

[IMG]http://i55.************/2pt0vib.jpg[/IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zrenjanin_City_Hall
__________________
Kosovo is Serbia!
Bez_imena no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
beograd, srbija

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu