daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 14th, 2011, 12:37 PM   #21
Muttie

Likes (Received): 1346

That looks awesome man!
Muttie no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #22
The Cake On BBQ
Moderat÷r

Likes (Received): 8480

I like the design, but why wasting people's tax on a mosque?
Old May 15th, 2011, 06:44 PM   #23
Kulla
BANNED

Likes (Received): 846

For the elections BS. I doubt this one will ever get build at least not like this.
Kulla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #24
7t

There will be revisions for sure. It's nice to see BIG design for Tirana. They are the big dogs in world architecture in nowdays.
7t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2011, 05:25 PM   #25
Albaneren
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Is this a joke? Where is the minare? We DEMAND a big minare, not a small one, and a big buildning that doesnt look like a mosque at all!! The majority in tirana are muslims, so build a regual mosque, not a shopping mall!
Albaneren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2011, 04:41 PM   #26
gjergjkastrioti

Likes (Received): 4891

With the new mayor of Tirana this project will be deleted .
gjergjkastrioti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2011, 04:01 PM   #27
sarahkm

live in harmony that's i like it
sarahkm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 12:54 AM   #28
carrieso

A tourist spot that tells what they believe!!!
carrieso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 07:22 AM   #29
Albaneren
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjergjkastrioti View Post
With the new mayor of Tirana this project will be deleted .

Hehe, not a chance. Lulzim Basha is a good muslim, Edi Rama wasnt even a muslim, so there you got it. This project may even get better now since Basha is the mayor. The only thing i hope is that the mosque will get a minare.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 11:20 AM   #30
guy4versa4
BANNED

Likes (Received): 52

what do you think mosque will look like?come on man.this is modern era..the most important things is faith in your heart when your enter that building,its not just about dome,minaret
guy4versa4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 10:45 PM   #31
Ohri
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albaneren View Post
The majority in tirana are muslims
Where did you get that statistic from? Wikipedia?

This project is over, which is fantastic news. The owners of the land are against the project. The whole competition was a PR stunt.
Ohri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 11:13 PM   #32
Albaneren
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohri View Post
Where did you get that statistic from? Wikipedia?

This project is over, which is fantastic news. The owners of the land are against the project. The whole competition was a PR stunt.
No, from Albanian journalismen, that covered the holy month of ramadan last year. The muslim population is incareasing for each year that goes, have a look at how mutch it has increased asince the fall of communism. Mashallah is the word. Here the reporters says that the majority in Tirana are muslims ( as well as in Albania) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcrRk...feature=relmfu ,a laisten carefully. Note that this video was 3 years ago, asince then it has aincreased ALOT.

The project dead? With Lulzim Basha it will sure be a mosque like the mosques the albanians ahave in MAedonia or in Turkey.
Old September 17th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #33
Kulla
BANNED

BS 80% of the population is atheists and the rest of that 20% are: orthodox,catholics and muslims. I for one hope this never gets built. There are plenty of empty mosques around. We dont need anymore of them.
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:45 AM   #34
Isek

Likes (Received): 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulla View Post
BS 80% of the population is atheists and the rest of that 20% are: orthodox,catholics and muslims. I for one hope this never gets built. There are plenty of empty mosques around. We dont need anymore of them.
80 % atheist? That that are maybe statistics you WANT to see but that are far away from reality. Despite Albania has a strong atheist community it is a predominantly Muslim country. I think this fact was strengthening the last years and there are lots of people in the Muslim world that are proud having a Muslim country within Europe and are supporting and mainly financing the reislamisation of Albania.
Over the years i visited Albania religious signs you may see in the streets got more and more. That is including women wearing veil or even Niqab, the building of new mosques and other religious buildings for orthodox or catholic people. Last time i heard the Islam Adhan for the first time in the hotel i stayed in Tirana. I guess they opened a new mosque somewhere in the neighborhood.
Isek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 10:24 AM   #35
Illyrian_Patriot
BANNED

Likes (Received): 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isek View Post
80 % atheist? That that are maybe statistics you WANT to see but that are far away from reality. Despite Albania has a strong atheist community it is a predominantly Muslim country. I think this fact was strengthening the last years and there are lots of people in the Muslim world that are proud having a Muslim country within Europe and are supporting and mainly financing the reislamisation of Albania.
Over the years i visited Albania religious signs you may see in the streets got more and more. That is including women wearing veil or even Niqab, the building of new mosques and other religious buildings for orthodox or catholic people. Last time i heard the Islam Adhan for the first time in the hotel i stayed in Tirana. I guess they opened a new mosque somewhere in the neighborhood.
So you an arab know better our country albania ?! Go and see matters , about your unicivilizised arab country and stop commenting on things that you have no idea off .

I can completely confirm what is Kulla saying . And i as well am REALLY glad that this project-or any other object- is not gonna be built .

In the latest polls , 70% delcared atheists/agnostic , 11 % orthodox , 9% catholic , 10 % muslim . So kulla was right about what he was saying .

And pls do me a favor DONT come to albania another time , you are not welcomed ...

Last edited by Illyrian_Patriot; September 19th, 2011 at 10:33 AM.
Illyrian_Patriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #36
Kulla
BANNED

Quote:
The Arab countries are trying to fund this yes thats true I seen that with my own two eyes, but they tend to aim for *weak* people who got no jobs and are retarded to be honest for falling for the BS they get told. I seen women wearing veils who you could get on top for after two drinks. Also from time to time you see some men in their white dresses or whatever they are with beards, but the opinions on this are clear here. We will tolerate it if those people indeed want that, but if it goes to extremism I myself will kick their ass back to the middle east and this is how the entire Albanian population thinks. This is Europe afterall and not some Arab country. I for one am an atheist myself,but if I need to believe in something I will be an Catholic. Back to our old roots and not some religion we got forced into.

Dont forget one thing btw they cant pull shit here that they can in the EU and get away with it. Here they pay an big price for it....Afterall this is the Balkan.

Last edited by Kulla; September 19th, 2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:42 PM   #37
UserFree
BANNED

Likes (Received): 51

Lovely discussion.

Nuk ju duke boll forumi shiptar, por ju duhet edhe ketu te bini debatet e fes?
UserFree no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #38
Amrafel
Bratislava YIMBY

Likes (Received): 5002

What a beautiful project and what a typical eastern-european discussion and problems

Come on people, build it! Tirana will become a much better city!

BRATISLAVA YIMBY.
Amrafel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2011, 10:23 PM   #39
Kulla
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrafel View Post
What a beautiful project and what a typical eastern-european discussion and problems

Come on people, build it! Tirana will become a much better city!
I also am pro building it, but they could of spend the money on better things though.

Last edited by Kulla; September 19th, 2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old September 20th, 2011, 07:24 AM   #40
StevenNL

Likes (Received): 529

Quote:

I like this mosque & museum if its built exactly like the render. I think it adds character to a multi religious Albania.

But what are the chances the mosque will be built like the render? 0%.

Last edited by StevenNL; September 20th, 2011 at 07:33 AM.
StevenNL no está en línea   Reply With Quote