daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 4th, 2011, 11:00 PM   #21
WaterOnMars

Likes (Received): 42

Great work. Went there twice but did not manage to take any decent pics of the old architecture. It was good seeing the old BMO again.
WaterOnMars no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2011, 10:36 AM   #22
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadoh25 View Post
Great photos! I've always wanted to visit there!
I finally made it to Winnipeg a few years back. I heard that they had a good inventory of old building stock, but didn't want to get my hopes up because Winnipeg isn't all that big. I was really impressed. The Manitoba Legislature is absolutely fantastic and the Exchange District makes you feel like you're in an old established big city.

If you're ever close to Manitoba, it's worth the extra trek. Winnipeg is currently building the first national museum outside of Ottawa. It's called the Canadian Museum of Human Rights. It will be yet another reason to make the trip.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 10:39 AM   #23
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10969

Quote:
Originally Posted by flar View Post
What's going on here? Is it the Red River flooding or are those just icy fields?

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 06:18 AM   #24
flar
____

Likes (Received): 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
What's going on here? Is it the Red River flooding or are those just icy fields?
It's just the sun reflecting off the snow.
Old May 8th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #25
WpG_GuY

Likes (Received): 24

this was worth revisting over here!
WpG_GuY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2011, 12:10 AM   #26
niko.athens.greece
Niko Athens

Likes (Received): 4

Wonderful thread! I drove through Winnipeg in 1996 on my way to Chicago and NYC ! I loved my Trans Americanada trip as we drove from coast to coast. Some of the loveliest parts of Canada and the USA is to be found in their center...namely the prairie/plain provinces and states. One of the highlights of our trip was the amount of "heritage" buildings and neighborhoods that we encountered as well as some of the nicest people in North America!
niko.athens.greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2011, 09:36 PM   #27
Jaybird

Likes (Received): 600

I now very much now look forward to visiting Winnipeg in a couple of years, when the Jets are playing and the city becomes my next NHL destination! Great pics, lots of grand old buildings and architecture downtown which I never knew about, and the city looks even nicer at night, too!

BTW, I predict downtown is going to get even better when the re-incarnated Winnipeg Jets start playing @ the MTS Centre!
Jaybird no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnipeg