daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Old April 1st, 2011, 03:36 PM   #1
lukaszek89
BANNED

Likes (Received): 905

LODZ | New City Centre

More than 90 ha of city area will be totally reconstructed. Huge investment plans include: 1. Underground railway station, 2. New railway connection through the city center, 3. Special Art Zone, Special Cultural Zone, Streets of Four Cultures. The project is supported by public funds. The New City Center project creates opportunities for both institutional and individual investors.

New city centre, as it is called both by the press and authorities, is going to be built on the base of a former factory district.

new Art Zone:

current look:

city is known as a "Polish Manchester"

One of the biggest infrastructural projects in Poland- new train station in Łodź- worth about 500m euro.

it will be used also for HSR:

The whole train station will be placed underground as opposed to what we can see now with Fabryczna's current incarnation.

current look of the Łódź Fabryczna:

New underground train station (click to make pictures bigger):

Last edited by lukaszek89; August 20th, 2011 at 10:55 PM.
lukaszek89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 1st, 2011, 08:13 PM   #2
dexter2
Pijcie piwa z BŁ!

Likes (Received): 4739

I'd like to say that only putting the new train station under the city with infrastructure (rails, streets above) will costs about 2bln zlotys (more than 700mln dollars) and it will be the most expensive infrastrucural investement in Poland.
Above that we've got adaptation of power station (EC1 East/West), tunnel under the city (from new train station to the west side of the city - part of the future high speed railway), some new roads, CŁC (by Frank Gehry; only a project, propably won't be built), SSS (the 'tube' building, struggling with the project and money for it), and declaration of cooperation from Daniel Liebeskind (born and lived for some time in Łódź). I wonder how much all those will costs in summary...

Of course those are only projects coordinated by the country/city/PKP. There will be a lot of space for private investors.

New City Centre Masterplan Project:

by stefbra

Webcam (NCC, tunnel and station): http://www.dworzec.lodz.pl/pl/stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by sormen View Post
Final project of railway station Łódź Fabryczna has been presented at Thursday 21.06.12.
Some pictures:

EC1 Wschód (east):

EC1 Zachód (west)

Bo gdzie byś nie był i jak by cię nie przyjęli
Nigdy nie będziesz się czuł jak na Obiecanej Ziemi

Łódź - Remonty kamienic i zabytków - 2010, 2011, 2012

NYC & EastCoast USA!

Last edited by dexter2; May 21st, 2013 at 02:49 PM.
dexter2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 08:44 PM   #3
Urbanista1

Likes (Received): 1422

Some of these projects are already underway, this could be the beginning of the renaissance of Lodz

Krakow - Florence of the North

Warsaw Post-War Reconstruction to Present
Urbanista1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 11:09 PM   #4
dexter2
Pijcie piwa z BŁ!

Exactly.

Adaptation of the old, (more than 100 years) Art Nouveau power station:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari00 View Post

And an article about train station. Sorry for the poor translation, but It's too much text so i put it into Google translator:

Quote:
Lodz Fabryczna. This will be the most expensive station in the country

Classifieds signed an agreement with the station, and PLK. Hiding underground station Factory will cost 2 billion zlotys. This is the largest infrastructure investment in the country.

Yesterday in the mirror room of the palace of Poznan, ministers, local authorities and the heads turn, signed a cooperation agreement on the reconstruction of the station. - City and railways were always together. Trains brought coal, which is then exchanged into energy. We want to go back, but now it will be a different energy - said Grzegorz Zielinski, project manager for New Center for Łódź.

It is said that the station is a landmark of the city. For many years our business card plastic booths were serving burgers and Lodz Fabryczna inscription, which notoriously burned out bulbs. You need to have a lot of imagination to see a modern glass pavilion, surrounded by a completely new architecture. Eight meters below ground to be train and bus stations, underground network of streets, parking lots for cars. Just below railroad tracks. And it all by December 2014.

But the new station is not only a great interchange. The train will meet with city buses, intercity and trams. And in the future also agglomeration rail and high speed rail. Every day, the node will be able to celebrate 200 thousand. travelers. Today, only 10 thousand.

However, you must first determine the contractor. April 4 will open the envelopes with the offers of five companies that joined the tender. Lodz authorities ensure that everyone concerned will be able to visit them. A giant investment will begin in the fall. The station, which we know will cease to exist. Will be replaced by 16-meter kick. - Yes big hole in the ground have not yet done - admits Zbigniew Szafranski, President of PKP PLK SA.

You will need to export thousands of tons of earth. The city authorities are afraid of paralysis of communication. Located on site is the way the tracks carrying trains now run to Warsaw. After that will be traveled by trucks. But they should expect difficulties in movement. - Develop detailed project reorganization movement. We will pass this information to residents. Soon will start an information campaign - promises Zdanowska Hanna, president of Lodz.

The investment will result in that the city is in the middle of the Polish transport network. - About Lodz was said that no station in Koluszki water in Pilica, and the airport in Warsaw. Now, so there will be no - said Szafranski.

The investment will cost around two billion zlotys. 24 percent. this amount has to spend the city. It's about 600 million zł. Where can I get money? - We have awarded a grant of EUR 230 million zł from European funds. The rest was entered into a multi-annual investment plan - explains President Zdanowska.

President Szafrański ensure that the station does not invest in order to stop the factory. There are plans to drill a tunnel mining method. They ride the trains high speed rail and agglomeration. - After the summary of the costs of upgrading the railway line from Krakow to Rzeszow found that 1 km cost 7 million euros. And speed only managed to raise from 120 to 160 km / h. In the case of KDP built new tracks, a kilometer costs up to 8 million. It is more profitable - says the President.

NYC & EastCoast USA!
Old April 2nd, 2011, 12:33 AM   #5
lukaszek89
BANNED

I see that thread is in good hands
Old April 2nd, 2011, 05:03 AM   #6
dexter2
Pijcie piwa z BŁ!

Thanks for creating it, thats a BIG credit for you

NYC & EastCoast USA!
Old April 9th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #7
lukaszek89
BANNED

Concept visualisation of the Łódź Fabryczna:

Old April 9th, 2011, 11:42 PM   #8
LoveAgent.
Need new name...

Likes (Received): 19

Is the Camerimage Centre also included in this whole project?
LoveAgent. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2011, 08:02 AM   #9
Melb_aviator

Likes (Received): 65

So much potential. Looks promising.
Melb_aviator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2011, 04:59 PM   #10
dexter2
Pijcie piwa z BŁ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAgent. View Post
Is the Camerimage Centre also included in this whole project?
As I said:

Quote:
CŁC [Camerimage Łódź Centre] (by Frank Gehry; only a project, propably won't be built)
There is simply no money for it. At least 500mln dollars is too much.

NYC & EastCoast USA!
Old April 10th, 2011, 09:36 PM   #11
dexter2
Pijcie piwa z BŁ!

Couple of shots by MiBac:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiBac View Post

NYC & EastCoast USA!
Old April 10th, 2011, 10:38 PM   #12
BG_PATRIOT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 31

I love this project. I really enjoy when they revitalize such old factories
BG_PATRIOT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:03 PM   #13
Slartibartfas

Likes (Received): 1462

Very promising project. I love how they are going to preserve industrial heritage and make the best out of it - turning an industrial site in the very heart of the city into a very urban high quality public space and district.

Btw, did I interpret that sign above correctly? Is PORR involved in that project?
Old April 11th, 2011, 03:34 AM   #14
dexter2
Pijcie piwa z BŁ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfas View Post
Btw, did I interpret that sign above correctly? Is PORR involved in that project?
Correct. PORR is very 'popular' in Poland and Łódź. They did for example the restoration works in Andels Hotel in Łódź: http://www.google.pl/images?q=hotel+...w=1094&bih=878
The same story is here (with SKANSKA).

NYC & EastCoast USA!
Old May 14th, 2011, 04:12 AM   #15
dexter2
Pijcie piwa z BŁ!

Update:

Quote:
bo deszcz

NYC & EastCoast USA!
Old July 7th, 2011, 12:51 AM   #16
dexter2
Pijcie piwa z BŁ!

Some updates:

Quote:
23/06/2011

Kurde mieli cegła po cegle rozbierać, a nie na brutala. Coraz mniej mi się to podoba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatar View Post
Z wczora:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Acha, zdaje się, że stoi gdzieś w tej "dziurze", przy ścianie ;-)

NYC & EastCoast USA!
Old August 20th, 2011, 10:49 PM   #17
lukaszek89
BANNED

Agreetment signed. Torpol has 42 months to build new underground train station:

Last edited by lukaszek89; August 20th, 2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old August 21st, 2011, 10:49 PM   #18
Bartas2004

Likes (Received): 771

http://www.ec1kolejowy.pl/en/news/44...trum-odzi.html

Quote:
The Mayor of Łódź, Hanna Zdanowska, met with Daniel Libeskind in Milan. It is another step towards achieving the goal of implementing the vision of the famous architect in the area of the New Centre of Łódź. On 29 July she showed, together with the president of the EC1 Łódź Foundation, Andrzej Walczak, initial, revolutionary visualisations prepared for the New Centre of Łódź by the American architect.

– We need to create a zone of energy, a magnetic field that will completely change the face of Łódź, to emphasise that it isn’t
any more a 19th-century city. This place will be alive 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With the right strategy we will convince people that it is worth investing here. We will convince people globally, not only local politicians. There really is money in the world. We just need something spectacular to invest in. Nobody is going to invest money in a boring 19th-century textile city – says Libeskind. – Łódź will become the promised land again –
believes the Mayor.

Łódź prepares for a real revolution, which will be the construction, from scratch, of a modern district around the station of Łódź Fabryczna and the hundred-year-old EC1 heat and power plant. The creation of a new image of the city is supported by one of the most outstanding sons of Łódź and, at the same time, one of the most famous architects in the world – Daniel Libeskind. The American designer was born in Łódź in 1946. He left Poland in 1957, first for Israel, and in 1959 he settled in New York. Today he is the leading representative of deconstructivism and one of the stars of the world of architecture. His most important projects include: Jewish Museum in Berlin, Jewish Museum in San Francisco and Imperial War Museum North (Manchester). He is also the author of the winning design for the redevelopment of the World Trade Center grounds in New York. The only building designed so far by Daniel Libeskind in Poland, the apartment building of Złota 44, is being erected in Warsaw. Daniel Libeskind is also a lecturer and professor at different schools of architecture around the world and a laureate of numerous awards, including three awards of the Royal Institute of British Architects and the Venice Biennale Stone Lion Award in 1985. The U.S. Department of State appointed him as the Cultural Ambassador for Architecture. He is also an honorary member of the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in London and the first architect to have been awarded the Hiroshima Art Prize, which is granted to artists whose works promote the world peace.

Daniel Libeskind is considered one of the most revolutionary architects. Is Łódź also in for a revolution thanks to his participation in the project? It is highly probable. In this way it seems real that Łódź will again be known as one of the most attractive metropolises in the world.

For nearly a year, that is since his visit to his home city in August 2010, the designer has been working on the concept for the central part of the New Centre of Łódź, encompassing Kobro Market Square, Special Cultural Zone and City Gate. At the beginning of this year Łódź was visited by Carla Swickerath, head of Daniel Libeskind’s studio. She met with the architect of the city and city clerks responsible for spatial development, who prepared guidelines for the architect.

During the March fair in Cannes the entire Europe could learn about Daniel Libeskind’s support for the project of the New Centre of Łódź. The architect prepared a special promotional stand for Łódź. And on 28 July the Mayor of Łódź, Hanna Zdanowska, met with Libeskind in Milan. She was accompanied by the president of the EC1 Łódź Foundation, Andrzej Walczak, and the city plenipotentiary for the New Centre of Łódź, Błażej Moder. On 29 July during the celebration to commemorate the 588th anniversary of the establishment of the city of Łódź, which was held at Wolności Square, the Mayor revealed the details of the discussions with the architect. We also got to know the outline of the architectural concept created by Libeskind.

The architect’s work on the concept was financed in full by the EC1 Łódź Foundation. Andrzej Walczak presented the first, initial visualisations. – We have been talking about the New Centre of Łódź already for five years. Daniel Libeskind, like Rob Krier earlier, legitimises our city. During the meeting with him we spoke mainly about money – about how to create an undertaking which would be attractive in terms of finance and investment, and which would earn a profit for Łódź. This idea is focused on young people, on hope, on success, and on money – said president Walczak. Mayor Hanna Zdanowska shares his enthusiasm. – Łódź will gain new value, it will become the promised land again.

The architect promises to visit his home city again in September to present further details and to take part in the official closing of the station of Łódź Fabryczna, which will be renovated to form the beginning of the New Centre of Łódź.

Dzielnica Straconych Nadziei - czyli dawne Nowe Centrum Łodzi albo po prostu w skrócie Ch.j, d..a i kamieni kupa
Bartas2004 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 01:57 AM   #19
Andre_idol
Fluorescent Adolescent

Likes (Received): 153

Very interesting project! Keep us updated
Old August 22nd, 2011, 09:54 AM   #20
Bricken Ridge

Likes (Received): 10

The former factory reminds me of the Distillery in Toronto. Nice project.
Bricken Ridge no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
Łódź, łódź, lodz, train station