daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Vietnam Forum

Vietnam Forum Xin Chào! Welcome to Vietnam

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 25th, 2012, 08:42 AM   #1021
vttnguyen

Likes (Received): 1

Vietnam abandoned of the deep-water port in southern Vietnam

The abandoned of the deep-water port in southern Vietnam stands as a symbol of incompetence and idiotic regime doing to the country’s economy. Vietnam once seen as on it’s way to joining economic tigers and She’s now loses appeal to foreign investors.

“All that remain of Vietnam's plan to build a major deep-water port are 114 exposed pilings trailing into the South China Sea and a barge full of rusty machinery.”

“Vu Tu Thanh, Vietnam representative for the Washington-based US-ASEAN Business Council, said Vietnam has lost the reputation it enjoyed a few years ago for being among the most attractive destinations for investment in Asia”

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/...roubled.Ports/
Let me live in my house by the side of the road And be a friend to man."
vttnguyen no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 25th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #1022
vttnguyen

A Vietnamese court issued jail sentences to the three bloggers who wrote about human rights abuses, corruption and foreign policy ranging from four to 12 years on Monday.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/...oggers_.Trial/
Old September 25th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #1023
tuanhung

Likes (Received): 12

was watching a very important Current affairs discussion between australias role and in SEA seas, and whats it doing in vietnam helping with intelligence and shit against the rise of china and the island disputes, i wait for the podcast to be uploaded and post the link...very interesting discussion between australia and USA...

apparently vietnam has no friends in the region besides russia who lives a distance away, while its commie allies are further away who will not back them up, cause at the end of the day its all about the money....vietnam has no fkn relationship with its SEA neighbors, seems like everyone is working on their own...instead of a joint partnership to deal with teh chinese....and yet i dunno why australia is helping vietnam anyway with all the bullshit news coming out lately about its country...

vietnam currently bought a few russian subs, who the indians also bought some, are now in joint operations providing training etc together...vietnam needs to build better relations with chinas enemys in the region

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/conte...2/s3597882.htm
clip and transcript of teh interview...

Last edited by tuanhung; September 26th, 2012 at 03:43 PM.
tuanhung no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 07:56 PM   #1024
Cosaonoivay

Likes (Received): 257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Do View Post
Nguyen Tan Dung is hell-bent on getting Vietnamese dissidents in line

[/CENTER
This guy is from Southern Vietnam and just a stupid puppet of Hanoi ( they use him to do the dirty work for them , that's why I call him stupid , or idiot) he has no power ...the people with power are the ones from Northern Vietnam most of them residing in Hanoi , I wouldn't pin point at him for all the troubles, miseries they have caused for Vietnamese , if he had the absolute power , Southern Vietnam wouldn't have been so lagging so far behind in developing compare to Northern Viet nam especially at '' dong bang song cuu long ''
Cosaonoivay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2012, 12:17 AM   #1025
nguyend

Likes (Received): 88

http://travel.yahoo.com/ideas/world-...es.html?page=7

World's happiest countries

Vietnam: Second Place

It's been a slow road back for Vietnam in recent decades, but with healthy economic growth, an increasing life expectancy, and solid reported well-being, Vietnam scores second place in this year's Happy Planet Index. And with tourism on the rise, it's clear that more visitors are happily discovering the country.
nguyend no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2012, 05:35 AM   #1026
Cosaonoivay

Yup ! Vietnam is a very happy Country due to it peoples nature , have we not ? I remember seeing fotos of Vietnamse children running after American soldiers during the war smiling waiting for them to toss candies and toys they were so happy even though some of them were being naked at the time , but heck , what was there not to be happy? life is short, you could die anytime in that period ...and then right after the VC invaded Saigon and South VN , we all went out smiling to celebrate the unification on VN and planning to leave the Country by all mean in mass after that , yes we Vietnamese are happy , have been and will always be happy , because in Vietnam if you are not putting on a happy face you might just as well kill yourself ,because too many injustice will crush you instantly , foreigners and journalists don't know that , they just see it and they think that's what it is ...hix , they have to be Vietnamese to understand it man !

And as of right now if any of Vietnamese got a chance to leave VN either to study or visit relative in the western world , I can bet that no one wants to return back to that ''happy Country'' including you Mr Nguyend

Last edited by Cosaonoivay; October 2nd, 2012 at 05:50 AM.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 03:53 PM   #1027
nguyend

You are still as 3 rights as old day You've never changed, didn't you, Mr 3 rights?
Old October 2nd, 2012, 05:16 PM   #1028
Cosaonoivay

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyend View Post
You are still as 3 rights as old day You've never changed, didn't you, Mr 3 rights?
Of course , why change when I'm 3 times more right than you are ? Have you made it up to Coolink yet ?
Old October 5th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #1029
tuanhung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosaonoivay View Post
This guy is from Southern Vietnam and just a stupid puppet of Hanoi ( they use him to do the dirty work for them , that's why I call him stupid , or idiot) he has no power ...the people with power are the ones from Northern Vietnam most of them residing in Hanoi , I wouldn't pin point at him for all the troubles, miseries they have caused for Vietnamese , if he had the absolute power , Southern Vietnam wouldn't have been so lagging so far behind in developing compare to Northern Viet nam especially at '' dong bang song cuu long ''
u do know the top 3 positions are shared by the 3 state governments, south, central and north...north makes all the decisions, the other 2 are just puppets....

hate him all you want, alot of ppl are still sour over him cause his a southerner working for the commies, with or without him even if you replace him makes no difference....someone will have to do the dirty work

a few years ago him and his group of backers tried to enforce new reforms, in other words tried to steal power from the norh cause of teh economic wealth activity down south and the wealthy business ppl wanted reform...they are gettin squach one by one as we speak....
Old October 13th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #1030
tuanhung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Do View Post
Vietnam PM's future uncertain as communists meet

Oct 2, 2012

The political future of Vietnam's prime minister is hanging in the balance as communist party chiefs gather for talks overshadowed by financial scandals and economic malaise, experts say....

Read more in :

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...6f586f9868.2b1
most of his rich buddies that supported him, all have been captured...most VNCH AND SVN supporters should be happy that his group of minions who are business thinkers even with bad ethics tried to introduced reforms and open up the country all have been squashed by the real power brokers up north who still gets to decide how the country is run...
Old October 13th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #1031
Cosaonoivay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuanhung View Post
most of his rich buddies that supported him, all have been captured...most VNCH AND SVN supporters should be happy that his group of minions who are business thinkers even with bad ethics tried to introduced reforms and open up the country all have been squashed by the real power brokers up north who still gets to decide how the country is run...
So the Northern ''power broker'' have better business ethics than their counterparts in the South ? you sounded like they were playing the fair game and the other side cheated , the current Government of VN to day is a laughing stock of the world...!what you hear about VN regularly on the International news ? Corruption . No human right . mismanagement . Inflation . VN high ranking officers doing illegal business while working over sea hmm ..not much of worthy news to read anyway .
Old October 14th, 2012, 03:09 PM   #1032
tuanhung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosaonoivay View Post
So the Northern ''power broker'' have better business ethics than their counterparts in the South ? you sounded like they were playing the fair game and the other side cheated , the current Government of VN to day is a laughing stock of the world...!what you hear about VN regularly on the International news ? Corruption . No human right . mismanagement . Inflation . VN high ranking officers doing illegal business while working over sea hmm ..not much of worthy news to read anyway .
tryin is better than doing nothing right?

just like the arm chair experts with no commitment
Old October 14th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #1033
Cosaonoivay

Didn't know you've absorbed the ''Get rich or die trying''s philosophy from the African american Singer 50 cents lol
Old October 16th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #1034
lush3ng

Likes (Received): 0

profect pro

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
lush3ng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2012, 01:08 AM   #1035
vttnguyen

US aircraft carrier cruises disputed Asian seas

By CHRIS BRUMMITT, AP

A U.S. aircraft carrier group cruised through the disputed South China Sea on Saturday in a show of American power in waters that are fast becoming a focal point of Washington's strategic rivalry with Beijing.

Vietnamese security and government officials were flown onto the nuclear-powered USS George Washington ship, underlining the burgeoning military relationship between the former enemies. A small number of journalists were also invited to witness the display of maritime might in the oil-rich waters, which are home to islands disputed between China and the other smaller Asian nations facing the sea.

The visit will likely reassure Vietnam and the Philippines of American support but could annoy China, whose growing economic and naval strength is leading to a greater assertiveness in pressing its claims there. The United States is building closer economic and military alliances with Vietnam and other nations in the region as part of a "pivot" away from the Middle East to Asia, a shift in large part meant to counter rising Chinese influence.

The Vietnamese officials took photos of F-18 fighter jets taking off and landing on the ship's 1,000-foot- (305-meter-) long flight deck, met the captain and toured the hulking ship, which has more than 5,000 sailors on board.

The mission came a day after Beijing staged military exercises near islands in the nearby East China Sea it disputes with U.S ally Japan. Those tensions have flared in recent days.

China claims nearly all of the South China Sea, where the U.S. says it has a national interest in ensuring freedom of navigation in an area crossed by vital shipping lanes. Vietnam, the Philippines and several other Asian nations also claim parts of the sea. The disputes attracted little international interest until the late 1990s, when surveys indicated possible large oil reserves. American rivalry with China has given the disputes an extra dimension in recent years.

The U.S. Navy regularly patrols the Asia-Pacific region, conducting joint exercises with its allies and training in the strategic region. The trip by the George Washington off the coast of Vietnam is its third in as many years. A second aircraft carrier, the USS John C. Stennis, has also conducting operations in the western Pacific region recently, according to the U.S. Pacific Fleet.

Capt. Gregory Fenton said the mission was aimed in part at improving relations with Vietnam and ensuring the U.S. had free passage in the South China Sea.

China's military buildup, including the launch of its own carrier last year and rapid development of ballistic missiles and cyber warfare capabilities, could potentially crimp the U.S. forces' freedom to operate in the waters. The United States doesn't publicly take sides in the territorial disputes among China and its neighbors.

"It is our goal to see the region's nations figure out these tensions ... on their own, our role of that to date is to conduct freedom of navigation exercises within international waters," Fenton said in an interview on the bridge.

Although claimant countries have pledged to settle the territorial rifts peacefully, the disputes have erupted in violence in the past, including in 1988 when China and Vietnam clashed in the Spratly Islands in a confrontation that killed 64 Vietnamese soldiers. Many fear the disputes could become Asia's next flash point for armed conflict.

Vietnam is pleased to accept help from its one-time foe America as a hedge against its giant neighbor China, with which it also tries to maintain good relations.

Still, the Hanoi government reacted angrily to recent moves by Beijing to establish a garrison on one of the Paracel islands, which Vietnam claims. The United States also criticized the move by Beijing, earning it a rebuke from the government there.

"China will take this (cruise) as another expression by the United States of its desire to maintain regional domination," said Denny Roy, a senior fellow at the East-West Center in Hawaii. "The U.S also wants to send a message to the region that it is here for the long haul ... and that it wants to back up international law."

While most analysts believe military confrontation in the waters is highly unlikely anytime soon, they say tensions are likely to increase as China continues pressing its claims and building its navy.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/...sputed.Waters/
Old October 30th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #1036
vttnguyen

Vietnam sentences 2 songwriters to prison terms

HANOI, Vietnam — Two musicians in Vietnam whose topical songs are popular among overseas Vietnamese were sentenced to prison Tuesday, prompting criticism from the United States and international rights groups.

Vo Minh Tri and Tran Vu Anh Binh were sentenced to four and six years in prison, respectively, on charges of spreading propaganda against the state, said Tri's lawyer, Tran Vu Hai. They faced possible sentences of up to 20 years.

In a half-day trial, a court in Ho Chi Minh City accused the musicians of posting songs on a website operated by an overseas Vietnamese opposition group, Patriotic Youth, according to Hai. Communist Vietnam does not tolerate challenges to its one-party rule.

Tri, 34, known as Viet Khang, has composed songs criticizing the government for not taking a more aggressive position against China in the potentially resource-rich South China Sea, where Vietnam, China and other Asian nations have competing territorial claims. A video of his song "Where is My Vietnam?" (Viet Nam Toi Dau) has been viewed more than 700,000 times on YouTube.

Binh, 37, is credited with writing the music for "Courage in the Dark Prison" (Nguc Toi Hien Ngang), a song that encourages nonviolent protest and expresses support for imprisoned blogger Nguyen Van Hai.

The convictions come a month after Hai, known as Dieu Cay, and two other Vietnamese bloggers were sentenced to four to 12 years behind bars on the same charges.

Human Rights Watch condemned Tuesday's trial and called for the songwriters' immediate release.

"First critics, then bloggers, then poets, and now musicians!" Phil Robertson, deputy director at the New York-based group's Asia division, said in a statement. "The international community can no longer stand by quietly as these free speech activists are picked off one by one by Vietnam's security apparatus."

Truc Ho, one of Tri's U.S.-based supporters, told The Associated Press in April that Patriotic Youth is a group of students, artists and young professionals who promote awareness of social justice and human rights issues in Vietnam.

After Tri was arrested in December, Truc Ho said he and some friends launched a campaign in the United States to press for the songwriter's release. Their online petition to the White House gathered more than 150,000 signatures within a month, he said.

The U.S. Embassy said it was deeply troubled by Tri's sentencing.

"This conviction is the latest in a series of moves by Vietnamese authorities to restrict freedom of expression. The Vietnamese government should release this musician, all prisoners of conscience and adhere to its international obligations immediately," embassy spokesman Christopher Hodges said in a statement.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/...idents.Jailed/
Old November 5th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #1037
tuanhung

have u guys heard or read news about the female vietnamese student who sent a parcel to some csvn govt jurisdiction with a home made bomb inside a box with the SVN flag? apparently she got caught and her reply was doing this to get money to buy a laptop...
Old November 9th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #1038
nguyend

Subject: NASA predicts total black out on 23 to 25 th DEC 2012.

NASA predicts total blackout on 23-25 Dec 2012 during alignment of Universe. US scientists predict Universe change, total blackout of planet for 3 days from Dec 23 2012. It is not the end of the world, it is an alignment of the Universe, where the Sun and the earth will align for the first time. The earth will shift from the current third dimension to zero dimension, then shift to the forth dimension. During this transition, the entire Universe will face a big change, and we will see a entire brand new world.
Old November 10th, 2012, 05:13 AM   #1039
going-higher
GRRRRR

Likes (Received): 104

where is link to the source NguyenDe^ and what's that have to do with Vietnam but sound scary tho. End of the world is coming!..sike
Old November 15th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #1040
fuzzymemo
Blind Ambition

Likes (Received): 6

where, I wanna read this too, haha
fuzzymemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
saigon, vietnam