daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 31st, 2012, 03:58 AM   #321
manrush
Agenda 21 Advocate

Likes (Received): 499

Amazing design of those stations. Also, I have to say, I am liking the graphical representation of Greater Stockholm's transit network on SL's site.
manrush no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2012, 02:40 PM   #322
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8794

Quote:
Originally Posted by manrush View Post
Amazing design of those stations. Also, I have to say, I am liking the graphical representation of Greater Stockholm's transit network on SL's site.
It's a very good network that is, thankfully, having even more money poured into it. It's actually one of the largest networks based on track length per capita in the world and that's just for the tunnelbana excluding all the other railway systems we have.
Svartmetall está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 02:26 AM   #323
Mr_Dru

Likes (Received): 547

Very nice stations. Especially the cave ones! Very unique, I never seen it like this before.
Mr_Dru no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2012, 02:04 AM   #324
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden

Stockholm Citybike

Yep, the city bikes are back. My wife and I now have a whole season subscription (it cost 250kr each for the whole season). I love the service myself and I think it's a great addition to our transport network. Given how popular it seems to be I hope it'll be expanded further.

The bikes are not bad and the locations for the bike stops are generally really good. We found bikes wherever we wanted them. Also, with the new Android/iPhone app available you can see how many bikes and places to return the bikes are available at each bike point. This is excellent.

Also, as a side note, I'd say that Stockholm is a very easy to cycle around. There are bike paths on most major roads and it's quite intuitive to use even for a foreigner like me who is used to traffic on the other side of the road. The drivers were surprisingly understanding and cautious around bikes which was excellent for us both. Given that 1 billion SEK is going to be invested in cycling around Stockholm until 2017 I look forward to see how much it'll be improved.

Old April 18th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #325
KarlG

Likes (Received): 0

Some photos of last years April

By bonifaacijs at 2011-04-14

KarlG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #326
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Where did you see the old bus? Was it at the Spårväg Museet? Those don't run in regular service.
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #327
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

That is a very interesting old bus! Looks kinda Us-buses.

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #328
KarlG

Likes (Received): 0

It is Scania Vabis bus, and was near depot of Djurgårdslinjen.

KarlG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #329
dj4life

Likes (Received): 48596

Stockholm light rail, tvärbanan:

Source
dj4life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #330
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

That's a nice picture, but quite old isn't it as the station behind is still under construction whilst it is now finished.
Old May 4th, 2012, 03:57 AM   #331
dj4life

The characteristics of the CAF trams that SL plans to intriduce in the public transportation system quite soon:

Basic details:

Carbody structure: Aluminium with steel underframes
Consist: Three articulated carbodies over four bogies
Doors clearance (mm): 1300 (double doors)
Doors per side: 3
Exterior width (mm): 2650
Height of floor (mm): 355
Length between bodyends (mm): 30800
Supply (Vdc. catenary): 750
Vehicle height (mm): 3600

Performance:

Maximum speed (Km/h): 90
Seating places per streetcar: 72 (2 PRMs)
Standing places per streetcar (7p/m2): 203
Start up acceleration (m/s2): 1.2

Equipment:

Audio and visual information for passengers
Breathalyzer
Cab air conditioning
Control and supervision system
Event Recorder (OTMR)
On board passenger counting system
Passenger saloon air conditioning
Video surveillance
Wi-Fi Train-Ground Communication System

Vehicle Type

Bidirectional, UIC (1435 mm) LRV with two driver cabs, made up of 3 carbodies, articulated between each other, supported on four motor bogies.
This LRV offers 85% low floor with access at 350 mm over the rail and a nominal vehicle floor height of 425 mm. It is fitted with four priority seat places and two places for wheelchairs, bicycles and pushchairs.
LRV access is through 3 large double doors which are virtually at platform height. The vehicle interior has been designed to facilitate user movement within the vehicle with the removal of any obstacles that could hinder passenger movement.
The units are prepared to operate in extreme weather conditions (-35ºC) and all the equipment is fitted with the appropriate protections for these operating conditions offering passenger a high degree of comfort.

Bogies

Bogies are based on the traditional bogie concept and permit a high degree of relative carbody-bogie turning with the ensuing improvement of wheel-rail interference.
Motor bogies have two motors, one over each axle, mounted in longitudinal direction and entirely suspended. Equipped with resilient wheels, rubber primary and secondary suspension. They are also equipped with hydraulic and electromagnetic rail brakes.

All the information is taken from the official site of the manifacturer: http://www.caf.es/ingles/productos/p...c=desc&pais=40.
Old May 4th, 2012, 04:00 AM   #332
dj4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
That's a nice picture, but quite old isn't it as the station behind is still under construction whilst it is now finished.
Yes, the picture is old. However, the trams do look nice in it.
By the way, what is your oppinion about the ambition of SL to replace the 'Bombardier Flexity Swift' cars with 'CAF' ones?
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #333
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4life View Post
Yes, the picture is old. However, the trams do look nice in it.
By the way, what is your oppinion about the ambition of SL to replace the 'Bombardier Flexity Swift' cars with 'CAF' ones?
CAF products tend to be quite nice and generally perform well. I'm just glad they didn't go with Ansaldo Breda trams as Gothenburg had massive problems with their products.
Old May 5th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #334
gincan
Gincan

Likes (Received): 183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Where did you see the old bus? Was it at the Spårväg Museet? Those don't run in regular service.
That SS logo you see on the side of the bus belong to the Swedish Tram Society. They run the historic tram Djurgårdslinjen and a few veteran buses for special occasions.

https://www.sparvagssallskapet.se/svenska/
gincan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 03:33 AM   #335
dj4life

I am very sorry, if this is too off-topic (hopefully, not), but i would like to share a picture/wallpaper that was accidently found on the net.

Source

The one can see the electric buses that are operated in Stockholm region during their 'rest time'. It is worth mentioning that SL owns quite a lot buses of this type.
Old May 10th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #336
blago84
Technocrat

Likes (Received): 3

I do not think they are electric. Just been supplied with compressed air and battery charge while the engine is not working, in order to provide easier and faster start when the bus has to leave for service. (You can clearly see the inscription "etanlobuss" on the side of the first one)

By the way I spotted a section of a CAF tram being delivered on Sunday. It was loaded on a truck and had number 450.
blago84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #337
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Quote:
Originally Posted by blago84 View Post
I do not think they are electric. Just been supplied with compressed air and battery charge while the engine is not working, in order to provide easier and faster start when the bus has to leave for service. (You can clearly see the inscription "etanlobuss" on the side of the first one)

By the way I spotted a section of a CAF tram being delivered on Sunday. It was loaded on a truck and had number 450.
Yep, you're quite right. The fleet of SL buses are primarily ethanol/biogas buses. I am not sure if we have any hybrids, and I know we don't have any hydrogen buses any more following a trial in the past I believe.

That aside, it is a nice picture showcasing some of our red bus stock!
Old May 10th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #338
C30

Likes (Received): 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by blago84 View Post
It was the mockup on its way to the tram museum.

https://www.sparvagssallskapet.se/fo...p?f=17&t=34536
C30 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #339
dj4life

Sorry for a mistake. Indeed, the buses are run on ethanol/biogas and not electricity. It is the cables that confused me pretty much.
Thank you for your comments and some interesting information about the new tram.
Old May 10th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #340
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4life View Post
Sorry for a mistake. Indeed, the buses are run on ethanol/biogas and not electricity. It is the cables that confused me pretty much.
Thank you for your comments and some interesting information about the new tram.
That's okay. Thanks for finding all these photos and your info about the trams!

I want to go out and take some more photos of transport here, however, my photo host is almost maxed out!

Tags
metro, scandinavia, stockholm, sweden