daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 11th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #481
datoriprogram

Likes (Received): 428

They look very nice! Very "Stockholmish"/"SL:ish" As of yet I don't really use the tram much except for one ride every week, but hopefully that'll change. It's quite relaxing compared to buses and subway (although the subway also is kind of relaxing).

dj4life liked this post
datoriprogram no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #482
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8794

Quote:
Originally Posted by datoriprogram View Post
They look very nice! Very "Stockholmish"/"SL:ish" As of yet I don't really use the tram much except for one ride every week, but hopefully that'll change. It's quite relaxing compared to buses and subway (although the subway also is kind of relaxing).
Indeed, funny how we all seem to find the railway more relaxing than buses... I find buses stressful myself.
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #483
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1663

Yeah, trams are just plain nicer to ride than buses. I too think they're looking real SL:ish the right shade of blue & a great fabric pattern.

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread, but there's also the A36 trams on the way for Lidingöbanan. The A36 is really the same model as these A35s, except they are one module longer. The reason for this is that that line isn't built for vehicles as long as a double-coupled A35.

Also, with the increased services planned there's no plans for retireing any of the current Tvärbanan trams - they're all gonna be needed. Hopefully they won't be used as long as the current Lidingöbanan vehicles (nearly 70 years).
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Svartmetall, dj4life liked this post
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 11:49 PM   #484
dj4life

Likes (Received): 48596

These are really great news! Thank you very much for sharing them with us, Sweden. Like many others, I can't wait to see and try the new trams once they are officially introduced to Stockholm.
dj4life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2013, 02:11 AM   #485
Dahlis

Likes (Received): 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
That's quite interesting actually. It's a great thing that the system is so well used.
Stockholms geography is quite special, being situated on islands it is not convenient to travel to and in the inner city by car.

dj4life liked this post

Last edited by Dahlis; April 16th, 2013 at 12:53 PM.
Dahlis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2013, 06:40 PM   #486
dj4life

Some fresh pictures of Citybanan projekt works:

Source: Citybanan (official "Facebook" page).

Svartmetall, Kolothos, n20 liked this post
Old April 30th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #487
Swede
forumer #29

http://www.svt.se/nyheter/regionalt/...d-saltsjobanan
SVT ABC news story on a new deal to extend Tvärbanan to Sickla (creating an interchange station Tvärbanan-Saltsjöbanan) which will cost 410Gkr and take 3 years.

IMO: wunderbar!

I added it to my scribblemap of curernt & firmly planned Urban Rail in Stockholm.
http://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/Gurre2
Currently in service rail:
http://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/Gurre1
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

dj4life liked this post

Last edited by Swede; April 30th, 2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:12 AM   #488
dj4life

A few pictures of buses:

image hosted on flickr

MAN by Tomek & Sylwia, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Route 2 Stockholm Bus by Tomek & Sylwia, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Hamngatan by Tomek & Sylwia, on Flickr

Svartmetall, n20 liked this post
Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:26 AM   #489
Swede
forumer #29

If you look at the street in the second pic you'll see three tram tracks next to eachother. It goes that way for a full block.

EDIT:
The first of the new trams/LRVs is in Stockholm now! Model A35 (using the local "name") vehicle #454

Quoting a post made two days ago on the sparvagssallskapet.se forum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A32
Här kommer ett par bilder på den första A35 med nummer 454 som levererades till Bromma i natt.

/A32 :wink:
Pics are of course (c) A32 on that forum.

dj4life, IceCheese, Svartmetall liked this post

Last edited by Swede; May 2nd, 2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #490
Swede
forumer #29

Since no-one else has posted it yet, I guess it is up to me...

Beslut om byggstart av Tvärbanans Kistagren
Quote:
På frukostmötet i Kista Science City i morse blev det officiellt – byggstart för Tvärbanan till Kista Science City sker 2016. Det innebär att trafiken på Tvärbanan kan vara igång 2019.
[...]
Anders Lindström, förvaltningschef på trafikförvaltningen i Stockholms läns landsting, bekräftade beslutet om byggstarten för åhörarna på ett tidigt frukostmöte i Victoria Tower. Den tidigare risken om ytterligare försening av Tvärbanan till Kista är borta och bygget kommer igång inom tre år.
Tvärbana Kista in operation by 2019! That's the longer, outer northern branch of the LRT ring line.
Sh!t is really starting to happen in Stockholm

Current urban rail system:

[IMG]http://i42.************/2zqg2v4.jpg[/IMG]

System in 2019
Except for Spårväg City to T-centralen and I haven't heard commitments lately about Spårväg City to Ropsten either.

[IMG]http://i40.************/33maaer.jpg[/IMG]

Svartmetall liked this post
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:31 PM   #491
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden

Some massive projects to be finished by then - Citybanan, all Tvärbanan expansions, Spårväg City, new rolling stock and signalling for the Roslagsbanan and Röda linjen.

Fingers crossed for the extensions to the blue line and the new tunnebana line to Hagastaden to have started construction too.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 05:35 PM   #492
Swede
forumer #29

Screencap from the local news of the new C30 subway cars. 96 have been ordered with an option for 80 more. The whole initial order is bound for the Red Line which is also getting a new signaling system, aiming for 30 trains per hour.

[IMG]http://i42.************/5u36rt.jpg[/IMG]

Svartmetall liked this post
Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:50 PM   #493
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

As I said in the Swedish section, it's great to see longitudinal seating AND more doors per car too (as the drivers end of the C20's only have two doors). Hopefully this will increase capacity markedly in the new trains.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:35 PM   #494
Swede
forumer #29

More doors is great as is longitudinal seating. One more thing about the doors: the seem to be (from both the drawing and one of the articles in the media) evenly spaced along the length of the car. I like that and wonder what it is based on, could there have been studies done on how that spacing affects how people use the doors? maybe fewer people bunched at the first segment of the car?
Old May 23rd, 2013, 03:04 PM   #495
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
More doors is great as is longitudinal seating. One more thing about the doors: the seem to be (from both the drawing and one of the articles in the media) evenly spaced along the length of the car. I like that and wonder what it is based on, could there have been studies done on how that spacing affects how people use the doors? maybe fewer people bunched at the first segment of the car?
In fact, these trains look quite similar to a number of Japanese metro trains in their layout. Given the width of trains on the Stockholm tunnelbana, they're pretty close to Japanese dimensions too - definitely a move in the right direction as I didn't notice the same extent of bunching at the doors there as I do here (and in other places with stock that does force people to bunch near the closest doors).
Old May 24th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #496
Swede
forumer #29

A better screenshot:

[img]http://oi40.************/m79s09.jpg[/img]

got it directly from the source:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fp6xhfuz7x...0%20130521.pdf
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:10 PM   #497
Phill

btw those metro stations are awesome

dj4life liked this post
Phill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #498
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5745

I read there was some damage to the system due to civil unrest. It seems the Swedes are a bit shy about it as I can't find any photos online.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #499
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

No, not really at all.
Old May 25th, 2013, 12:19 AM   #500
Minato ku

What is the ridership of Stockholm commuter railway network?

Tags
metro, scandinavia, stockholm, sweden