daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 2nd, 2014, 03:56 PM   #621
LeifSpangberg

Likes (Received): 53

Some more fresh videos, from the Blue Line / Metro system III

-

-

-

-

-

-

/Leif, Stockholm

Sponsored Links
Old February 2nd, 2014, 07:48 PM   #622
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8776

One of these days you'll capture me in your videos!

Good work!
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2014, 12:29 AM   #623
dj4life

Likes (Received): 48594

A nice video with the new and old tvärbanan trams being operated in the line Alvik - Solna Centrum - Alvik line:

LeifSpangberg, Swede liked this post
dj4life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2014, 09:48 PM   #624
LeifSpangberg

Thanks for showing my video. Below is a link to a Swedish newspaper ( in Swedish only, but with a nice Picture ), showing on the same place, what can go wrong when you drive a car with too much alcohol in the blood system...

The guy just took the wrong way. last tuesday.

http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/beru...-pa-tvarbanan/

BTW, here are two more videos from the same line

-

Svartmetall, are you in the opening day video ?

/Leif

Swede liked this post
LeifSpangberg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2014, 10:58 AM   #625
suburbicide

Likes (Received): 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeifSpangberg View Post
Some more fresh videos, from the Blue Line / Metro system III
Good videos, but those trains have the most annoying "doors closing" warning sound I've heard.

Swede liked this post
suburbicide no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2014, 01:28 AM   #626
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeifSpangberg View Post
Svartmetall, are you in the opening day video ?

/Leif
Haha, thankfully not! I just watched them to be sure, but I managed to avoid being in your videos at least!

I was there on opening day, though. Was a good fun ride. Nice little party atmosphere there too. The crowds of people interested in the opening was nice as well.
Old March 2nd, 2014, 07:11 PM   #627
LeifSpangberg

Some more Tunnelbane / Metro videos. Most probably the last ones, as it is getting more difficult to shot videos now-a-days...

-

-

-

-

-

/Leif, Stockholm

Svartmetall, dj4life liked this post
LeifSpangberg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2014, 11:08 PM   #628
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

How come you feel it's more difficult to shoot videos?

(Also, nice collection, thanks!)
Old March 11th, 2014, 02:38 PM   #629
infratecture

Likes (Received): 0

Stockholm Metro

The metro in Stockholm is one of the most spectecular metro lines in the world. Infratecture is the title of de research center of the Rotterdam University of applied sciences and is researching how to make integral infrastructure. One of the themes we are researching is the role of art within infrastructure. Are the passengers feeling more safe because of the art and are there more passengers then in simular lines?
Please help us to find out what art can for making infrastructure more attractive.
infratecture no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2014, 04:59 PM   #630
xeror

Likes (Received): 33

There is a thread for Stockholm Metro already:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1354709
xeror no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2014, 07:32 PM   #631
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Threads merged.
Old March 12th, 2014, 04:17 PM   #632
Agent_007

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by infratecture View Post
The metro in Stockholm is one of the most spectecular metro lines in the world. Infratecture is the title of de research center of the Rotterdam University of applied sciences and is researching how to make integral infrastructure. One of the themes we are researching is the role of art within infrastructure. Are the passengers feeling more safe because of the art and are there more passengers then in simular lines?
Please help us to find out what art can for making infrastructure more attractive.
It seems to be a very interesting research theme! This is one of the moments when I'm really sorry that I'm in plasma physics but not in urban geography.

I think that, generally, any forms of art don't make passengers feel more safe in public transport. As for me, the important things are the low crime levels in the city we're speaking about and the low degree of equipment wear.

However, it's very interesting to analyse art and its importance in subways. Let's compare the underground systems in Moscow and Stockholm from that point of view. I'm from Russia but I have been to Stockholm three times and I'm interested in its public transport so I can say something about this.

If you search for the Moscow Metro pictures in Google, you'll find out that it is one of the finest examples of Stalinist architecture. There are the Communist Party’s propaganda messages there. As Wikipedia says, "with their reflective marble walls, high ceilings and grandiose chandeliers, many Moscow Metro stations have been likened to an artificial underground sun". Indeed, the stations look pretty nice but believe it or not, when I go by the Moscow Metro, I feel myself as a foreign body there - both in peak and off-peak hours. I guess it is because the stations overwhelm me by their greatness and the artworks so I can't be at my ease and feel free. Probably, this is the point of Stalinist architecture.

The Stockholm metro was built during the rule of the Swedish Social Democratic Party. That period was characterized by the concept of people's home (folkhemmet) which means that the entire society ought to be like a small family, where everybody contributes. It seems to me that the aim to create such a society had an effect on the public spaces in Sweden, including the Stockholm metro which looks like a cozy and even restful place where everyone is happy. The artworks in the Stockholm metro have never been supposed to glorify the Swedish political leaders. The other important thing that should be considered is the so-called Swedish minimalism that makes the artworks and stations look freely, naturally and with ease so the passengers feel at home there.

dj4life liked this post

Last edited by Agent_007; March 12th, 2014 at 06:52 PM.
Agent_007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2014, 06:40 AM   #633
dj4life

This random compillation of pictures seem to be inspirational in an interesting way:

image hosted on flickr

Toy Car Queue par frauwernersen, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Bridge par Aku Pöllänen, sur Flickr

vs.

image hosted on flickr

The new cars par MauronB, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

The snow-plower car on the new bridge par MauronB, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Sundbyberg par MauronB, sur Flickr

Attus, Swede, VECTROTALENZIS liked this post
Old March 26th, 2014, 02:00 AM   #634
dj4life

A new, 'live', commercial:

Old April 28th, 2014, 03:23 PM   #635
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1662

A few pics of the under construction rail bridge that will lift the incoming inter-city tracks above and past the local commuter rail tracks near Årstaberg. The point is to shift the tracks so that there will be no at-grade crossovers needed when the new Citybanan commuter rail tunnel is opened in 2017.

Cool side-effect: people arriving to Stockholm by trains from the south will get a great view of the inner 'burbs (which are going to get quite a bit of development in the next couple of decades).

Rail bridge building itself! by Gustav Svärd, on Flickr

In need of change by Gustav Svärd, on Flickr

where the trains will land by Gustav Svärd, on Flickr

HSR? not really, no. by Gustav Svärd, on Flickr

Leaving Stockholm by Gustav Svärd, on Flickr

just a 3 more years til in service by Gustav Svärd, on Flickr

ending with a shot featuring an X60 commuter train.
still 09:19 by Gustav Svärd, on Flickr
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Svartmetall, kyah117 liked this post
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2014, 07:42 PM   #636
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

My little video of a walkthrough of Stadshagen station today (2014 06 01).

Old June 1st, 2014, 10:38 PM   #637
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Another of my videos taken today.

Old June 1st, 2014, 11:04 PM   #638
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Station tour of Universitetet this Sunday.

Old June 5th, 2014, 08:38 PM   #639
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26115

From Railway Gazette:

Quote:
http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/u...e-on-test.html

Stockholm's first Lidingö light rail vehicle on test
05 Jun 2014

CAF Urbos Axle A36 low-floor light rail vehicle for Stockholm operator SL

SWEDEN: The first of seven Urbos Axle low-floor light rail vehicles which CAF is supplying to Stockholm's SL is now being tested on the Petit Fôret test centre near Valenciennes in France.

Designated A36 by SL, the 1 435 mm gauge cars are similar to 15 A35 cars which CAF has supplied for the northern extension of Stockholm’s Tväbanan orbital light rail line, but have an extra intermediate section to increase capacity. The A36 cars are 40·6 m long and 2 650 mm wide, with 102 seats and space for 157 standing passenger at 4/m². The four-module cars are carried on five bogies, of which four are powered by eight ABB traction motors of 65 kW. This will give them a maximum speed of 90 km/h.

Both types of car have aluminium bodysides and roof, with a steel underframe and GRP cab ends enclosing a crash-resistant steel frame. The articulation is designed to enable them to operate around curves down to 17 m radius.

The A36 cars will operate on the 9·1 km Södra Lidingöbanan to the east of the capital, which runs from the Red Line metro terminus at Ropsten to Gåshaga on the island of Lidingö. This line was previously operated by a fleet of 21 much-rebuilt A30 and B30 trams dating from 1944, which ran as two-car and three-car sets. The line was closed in July 2013 for complete reconstruction, including a new depot, and is expected to reopen towards the end of this year, once the new cars have been commissioned

dj4life, Maadeuurija, Svartmetall, Swede liked this post
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014, 09:16 PM   #640
dj4life

Great news!

dimlys1994 liked this post

Tags
metro, scandinavia, stockholm, sweden