daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 7th, 2015, 10:52 AM   #841
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8810

Also, the state of Slussen, the biggest eyesore in Stockholm.

Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2015, 01:37 PM   #842
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 101695

I like very much how the combined part of the lines goes above the water and then, after Gamla Stan station goes underground, down the water. Very technically advanced.

P.S. What's the difference between Tvarbanan, Pendeltag and Roslagsbanan?

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

Импозантный liked this post
_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 02:11 PM   #843
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden

Tvärbanan = modern light rail line that links many different metro lines.

Pendeltåg = Higher frequency commuter train using full-sized mainline trains designated X60 stock.

Roslagsbanan = One of the oldest electrified, narrow gauge railways in Europe. 891mm gauge if I remember correctly.
Old April 27th, 2015, 12:05 AM   #844
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Some of my most recent videos from Stockholm.

First up, we have trams on Hamngatan.

Next up, a ride from Kungsträdgården to Djurgården on the tram.

A very long ride on Bus Number 4 - one of the blue bus lines ("See bus, think tram") that run through the city centre. This takes us from Värtavägen to Sankt Eriksplan.

A view of Sankt Eriksplan, a key transport hub in the west of Stockholm city centre on Norrmalm.

A ride on Bus Number 3 - another Blue frequent bus from Sankt Eriksplan to Karolinska Institutet.

Old April 30th, 2015, 01:35 AM   #845
dj4life

Likes (Received): 48596

MTR Stockholm statistics

MTR Stockholm released the yearly report. Among the other things, the metro ridership statistical data is presented. According to the report, there were 330 million metro journeys executed during last year (an increase by 1 million since 2013). The daily ridership, on average, was 1.2 million passengers.
The punctuality of the system was 96%. Thanks to MTR the punctuality of the 60+ year old Stockholm metro system is record high nowadays.
During the latest five years, the market share of MTR in the railway sector of Sweden increased by 10%.

Source: 330 miljoner tunnelbaneresor i Stockholm i fjol

Last edited by dj4life; April 30th, 2015 at 02:35 AM.
dj4life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2015, 10:16 PM   #846
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

A few public transport videos from Stockholm again.

First, showcasing the Roslagsbanan at Mörby Station.

A ride on the Roslagsbanan from Mörby Station to Universitetet.

Tunnelbana at Danderyds Sjukhus and the Bus Terminal.

Bus 178 from Danderyds Sjukhus to Helenelund. I apologise for the poor quality due to my location in the bus, but still, it gives an impression of how roady Stockholm can be outside of the city centre - lots of duel carriageways and motorways.

Arrival and departure of the metro at Kista station (as well as a view of the bus depot).

Old May 4th, 2015, 03:30 PM   #847
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26131

From Railway Gazette:

Quote:
http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/t...citybanan.html

Autonomous platform screen doors on Citybanan
02 May 2015

SWEDEN: The two new underground stations being built as part of Stockholm’s Citybanan project are to be equipped with Gilgen Door Systems platform screen doors with ClearSy’s Coppilot autonomous control system.

This uses sensors installed on the platform rather than equipment on the train, which ClearSy says is ideal for Stockholm where only two stations will have screen doors and existing rolling stock will be used

dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2015, 05:44 PM   #848
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1663

It is interesting that while SL is testing three different types/suppliers of PSDs för Tunnelbanan it is also getting PSDs built into Citybanan (by Trafikverket who are building it even if only SL trains will use it).
Different trains and brand new stations vs old stations might explain it all tho.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

dimlys1994 liked this post
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2015, 08:37 PM   #849
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26131

More on Citybanan:

LR5925-1510844 by Trafikverket Citybanan, on Flickr

5925-151852 by Trafikverket Citybanan, on Flickr

LR5925-1510858 by Trafikverket Citybanan, on Flickr

LR5925-1510870 by Trafikverket Citybanan, on Flickr

LR5925-1510897 by Trafikverket Citybanan, on Flickr

5925-151028 Montering av kontaktledningsskena i Citybanans tunnel by Trafikverket Citybanan, on Flickr

dj4life liked this post
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2015, 09:33 PM   #850
dj4life

New bus route network for inner Stockholm and Lidingö

At the end of April SLL (Stockholms läns landsting) and Keolis announced the changes affecting the bus network in the inner city and Lidingö municipality which will be actual starting from midsummer (middle of June).

Nya busslinjer i innerstan och på Lidingö

Quote:
Från och med midsommar får Stockholms innerstad och Lidingö nya busslinjer. Det nya busslinjenätet har anpassats efter nya resvanor i en växande stad, och ska ge resenärerna effektivare resor och smidigare byten.

New/replanned bus routes:

(1-49) no changes

50: MOA MARTINSONS TORG (Hornsberg) - LEKTORSTIGEN (Stora Lappkärrsberget), via Fridhemsplan (T), Kungsholms kyrka (T Rådhuset), Centralen (T-Centralen och pendel- och fjärrtåg), Odenplan (T), Universitetet (T),
53: KULTURSKOLANS HUS (Fridhemsplan) - FINNBERGET, via Kulturskolans hus (T Fridhemsplan Blå linje), Fridhemsplan (T), S:t Eriksgatan (T Fridhemsplan), Cityterminalen (flygbussar m.m.), Centralen (T-Centralen och pendel- och fjärrtåg), Gustav Adolfs torg (T Kungsträdgården), Karl XII:s torg (T Kungsträdgården), Slussen (T och Saltsjöbanan), Henriksdal (Saltsjöbanan),
54: RINDÖGATAN (Storängsbotten) - REIMERSHOLME, via Hornstull (T), Fridhemsplan (T), Pipersgatan (T Rådhuset), Centralen (T-Centralen och pendel- och fjärrtåg), Sergels torg (T-Centralen), Kungsträdgården och Nybroplan (spårvagnslinje 7), Östermalmstorg (T),
55: TANTO - MOTALAVÄGEN (Hjorthagen), via Södra station (pendeltåg), Slussen (T och Saltsjöbanan), Karl XII:s torg (T Kungsträdgården), Kungsträdgården (spårvagnslinje 7), Stureplan (T Östermalmstorg), Ropsten (T),
56: NORDENFLYCHTSVÄGEN (Hornsberg) - ESSINGETORGET (Stora Essingen), via Kellgrensgatan (T Stadshagen), Kulturskolans hus (T Fridhemsplan, Blå linje), Fridhemsplan (T Grön och Blå linje),
57: KAROLINSKA SJUKHUSET - TENGDAHLSGATAN (Sofia), via Rådmansgatan (T), Hötorget (T), Sergels torg (T), Kungsträdgården (spårvagnslinje 7), Karl XII:s torg (T Kungsträdgården), Slussen (T och Saltsjöbanan), Krukmakargatan (T Mariatorget), Södra station (pendeltåg), Skanstull (T),
59: FREDHÄLL - MALMGÅRDSVÄGEN (Norra Hammarbyhamnen), via Kristineberg (T), Cityterminalen (flygbussar m.m.), Centralen (T och pendel- och fjärrtåg), Mälartorget (T Gamla stan), Slussen (T och Saltsjöbanan), Medborgarplatsen (T), Östgötagatan (T Medborgarplatsen),
61: RUDDAMMEN - MOA MARTINSONS TORG (Hornsberg), via Valhallavägen/Odengatan (T Tekniska högskolan), Odenplan (T), Rådhuset (T), Fridhemsplan (T), Kristineberg (T),
65: CITYTERMINALEN - KASTELLHOLMSBRON, via Cityterminalen (flygbussar m.m.), Centralen (T och pendel- och fjärrtåg), Gustav Adolfs torg (T Kungsträdgården),
66: REIMERSHOLME - TENGDAHLSGATAN (Sofia), via Hornstull (T), Zinkensdamm (T), Södra station (pendeltåg), Östgötagatan (T Medborgarplatsen),
67: FRÖSUNDAVIK - SKANSEN,
72: KARLBERGS STATION - ÖSTHAMMARSGATAN (Frihamnen), via Karlbergs station (pendeltåg), S:t Eriksgatan (T S:t Eriksplan), Odenplan (T), Östra station (T Tekniska högskolan och Roslagsbanan), Musikhögskolan (T Stadion), Värtavägen (T Karlaplan),
93: SLUSSEN - HENRIKSDALSBERGET, via Barnängen,
96: ODENPLAN - SICKLA UDDE.

Other bus routes (1xx-9xx) not affected.

More information: http://www.sll.se/verksamhet/kollekt...njer-innerstan, http://sl.se/sv/info/resa/forandring...-linjenat-2015.

The actual routes and time for any trip can be checked at http://sl.se.

dimlys1994 liked this post

Last edited by dj4life; May 5th, 2015 at 09:38 PM.
Old May 5th, 2015, 10:25 PM   #851
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Buses 1-49 do have changes. Bus 40 no longer exists for example, there might be others too as this is what SL has to say about the changes.

There are also perhaps some dubious changes to the routes. For example, bus 40 that they are cutting means that the entire district of Ekhagen no longer has any public transport access. When they moved the Roslagsbanan train station from Frescati to Universitetet, Ekhagen lost nearby rail access (now they have to walk to Universitetet), now Ekhagen has lost its bus route. The only reason I know this is important is because there are many elderly people in Ekhagen who rely upon the bus for mobility, so that isn't necessarily a good thing unfortunately. Ekhagen is a problematic district, though, as it is a "one way in one way out" district, is incredibly hilly and has awful roads (single lane and very windy) which is hell for the bus drivers to get up - especially in winter. Really the whole district was a planning mistake, but that doesn't mean it should be left without sufficient transport options.

Quote:
The following lines are not changed in the new route: Blåbusslinjerna 1-4, rödbusslinjerna 69, 71, 73, 74, 76, 77 and the night bus lines 91 and 94.
Old May 5th, 2015, 10:43 PM   #852
dj4life

Oh, Ekhagen. I remember that the bus stops were pretty empty when I was travelling to/from Lappis almost every day. Many people tend to go to the bus stops located downhill anyway. Some smaller buses would suit to serve the area as it is difficult for the regular buses to get there.
Old May 5th, 2015, 10:53 PM   #853
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4life View Post
Oh, Ekhagen. I remember that the bus stops were pretty empty when I was travelling to/from Lappis almost every day. Many people tend to go to the bus stops located downhill anyway. Some smaller buses would suit to serve the area as it is difficult for the regular buses to get there.
Yeah, I catch those buses every day, twice a day, and still do and have done since the end of 2012, so yes, I do know them quite well, thank you (as does my wife).

Note that I said EXACTLY what you said - the neighbourhood is a problematic, however, you cannot cut off an elderly community without making sure there is närtrafiken - and guess what, there is none for Ekhagen as of yet, so hopefully they'll be able to put one in (http://www.fardtjansten.sll.se/sv/Va...m-nartrafiken/ ). You are right that many able-bodied people are able to catch the bus at the bottom of the district, but those are not the people I am concerned about at all. It's those with pushchairs who live at the top (and yes, there are quite a few) and the elderly that matter in this case.
Old May 7th, 2015, 10:59 PM   #854
dj4life

Nacka kommun and Atkins made a possibility study for reconstruction of Salstjöbanan light railway in Sickla, Nacka. According to the plan, the tracks can be lifted up and placed on the estacade and the top of an existing building in Sickla köpkvarter. A new joint tunnelbana (planed extention of the blue line) and Salstjöbanan station would be used by passengers of both systems. Among other things, such project would make more space for further expansion of Nacka municipality.

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source

More information: Upphöjning av Saltsjöbanan vid Nacka Station, Atkins.

Swede, Urbanus, dimlys1994 liked this post
Old May 8th, 2015, 11:09 AM   #855
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1663

I sooo hope that happens!
And that the whole stretch will get double tracking.

I also notice the trains they've used in the renders are all some type of very long trams. Not the expected re-purposed C20. Maybe a sign of what Nacka municipality want long-term.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

dj4life, dimlys1994 liked this post
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2015, 08:37 PM   #856
dj4life

Bromma, Kista and Helenelund in Sollentuna will be connected by a light-rail line as Sollentuna kommun and SL agreed on the importance and financing of the project.

Source: Tvärbanan viktig för Sollentunas utveckling

The vision of the future station at Helenelund (Sollentuna):

Source

Source

dimlys1994, Swede liked this post
Old May 9th, 2015, 10:42 PM   #857
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Some more videos from Stockholm on a beautiful sunny day.

First up - red line arriving at Universitetet.

Slussen Metro station to bus and Saltsjöbanan platform - bonus of departing metro trains.

Slussen bus station to the T-bana.

Liljeholmen T-bana, a view of new and old metro stock. Liljeholmen is a major metro stop in the south of Stockholm.

Liljeholmen light rail (Tvärbanan) departure. It was quite crowded given the good weather.

Old May 10th, 2015, 12:20 AM   #858
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Oh, and two more rather unique videos from my trip today. I had to replace the audio as I wanted to talk to my wife on the journey, so sorry if you don't like the music (plus the bus squeaked the whole way too due to the bendy section in the middle).

First is a bus ride all the way from Slussen to Hellasgården.

And the reverse trip - more views of the roads into Slussen this way.

Last edited by Svartmetall; May 10th, 2015 at 12:31 AM.
Old May 10th, 2015, 12:36 AM   #859
dj4life

Thank you for the videos. Nice to know that you tour around and try different means of transportation.
Old May 10th, 2015, 12:41 AM   #860
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Haha, I always have! I've got over 400GB of videos and photographs of Stockholm ranging from 2011 all the way to present documenting nearly every suburb in the city. There are very few places I have not been to and photographed.

Tags
metro, scandinavia, stockholm, sweden