daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 14th, 2015, 01:10 AM   #901
dj4life

Likes (Received): 48597

A picture with the new Entrance control system (installed by Gunnebo and SL):

T-Centralen by Michael Erhardsson, on Flickr

dimlys1994, geometarkv liked this post
dj4life no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2015, 11:45 AM   #902
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8810

It's not that new is it? When I first came to Stockholm in 2010 they had the same type of barriers...
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2015, 11:38 PM   #903
dj4life

A new CAF A36 tram designed for Lidingöbanan light-rail line (Lidingö island, Stockholm) was spotted during a test-driver in July this year:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/670425...in/photostream

Swede liked this post
Old August 16th, 2015, 12:37 AM   #904
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden

Another little tour of a few stations in Stockholm.

First up, Bergshamra station. This station is located on the red line (Mörby Centrum branch). It's a rockcrete station with some interesting artwork.

Next up - Solna Station. This station has a new entrance at its north end (from 2013).

Old August 16th, 2015, 12:50 AM   #905
dj4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
It's not that new is it? When I first came to Stockholm in 2010 they had the same type of barriers...
It may well be a picture with the older entrance control system. The new system doesn't look too different anyway. However, the new gates are installed in some stations which I bypassed once myself. Perhaps, I cannot remember where exactly are installed - T-centralen, Gullmarsplan or Liljeholmen station.
Old August 16th, 2015, 12:52 AM   #906
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4life View Post
It may well be a picture with the older entrance control system. The new system doesn't look too different anyway. However, the new gates are installed in some stations which I bypassed once myself. Perhaps, I cannot remember where exactly are installed - T-centralen, Gullmarsplan or Liljeholmen station.
Aha, so they changed the control system? Interesting. I'll have to go and take a look for myself. Cheers for the info.
Old August 19th, 2015, 05:11 PM   #907
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1663

Time for more Citybanan pictures!

All from Citybanan's official flickr.

IMG_4746 420-m-rältåg by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr

5925-1515969 Nedfarten till Citybanans tunnel i Tomteboda by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr

5925-1515957 by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr

5925-1516041 by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr

5925-1516087 by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr

5925-1516237 by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr

5925-1516205 Nylagda spår längs Stockholm Odenplans plattform. by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr

LR5925-1516471 makadamtåget by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr

Spårläggning i Citybanans tunnel under Söderström, maj 2015 by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2015, 09:46 PM   #908
Manssiere

Likes (Received): 6

Thanks for all the great information on here! Relocating to Stockholm next year for studies and will no doubt be using the rail network a lot from Universitetet!

dj4life liked this post
Manssiere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2015, 10:48 PM   #909
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Be prepared. Winter is coming.

Universitetet is my neck of the woods. Need any info, let me know.
Old September 5th, 2015, 03:16 AM   #910
dj4life

One more pciture of the CAF A36 tram test on Lidingöbanan line which was executed this summer:

Source

dimlys1994, Swede liked this post
Old September 5th, 2015, 03:28 AM   #911
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

They've not opened it yet have they? Have they set a date yet after the signalling problems?
Old September 6th, 2015, 02:03 PM   #912
Swede
forumer #29

Late fall / early winter 2015 is the planned opening now. They HAVE solved the signalling issue. At least in part by getting new axle-counters from a different supplier - which meant that system had to be tested and approved by the proper authority. Which has now been completed afaik.
I wonder how long time it will take for Lidingöbanan to get up to the old passenger numbers, on the one hand it'll now use far better vehicles and have more double tracking making a more frequent, more reliable and more comfortable service possible. On the other it was replaced by busses for two years which probably ment the modal share of cars increased (and that's hard to get back).
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Svartmetall liked this post
Old September 6th, 2015, 02:14 PM   #913
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Indeed, it was badly handled. I liked taking the Lidingöbanan and am looking forward to taking it again (and featuring it on my channel actually).

Good to hear the issues have been solved finally. The news was a little vague about it all and I only read about "autumn 2015".
Old September 7th, 2015, 09:41 AM   #914
Swede
forumer #29

Here's a good thread on the issue: (in Swedish - if you can read it)
https://www.sparvagssallskapet.se/fo...hp?f=2&t=37765
Old September 9th, 2015, 08:28 PM   #915
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26132

From Railway Gazette:

Quote:
http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/u...-extended.html

MTR’s Stockholm metro contract extended
09 Sep 2015

SWEDEN: Stockholm transport authority SL exercised an option on September 8 for MTR Stockholm to continue to operate the city’s metro network for a further six years.

The subsidiary of Hong Kong’s MTR Corp began operating the network in November 2009 under an eight-year contract. This has now been extended until 2023. The 110 km metro carries an average of 1·2 million passengers on weekdays

:jax:, dj4life liked this post
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2015, 10:31 AM   #916
Swede
forumer #29

I'm not surprised. MTR has been handling it pretty well.

dj4life liked this post
Old September 10th, 2015, 10:52 AM   #917
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Indeed. Shame the workforce is still made up of people who could not care less about good customer service or have any job responsibility though. I just give up with complaining inside Sweden now if ever there is a problem, like drivers of the tunnelbana texting and driving, because Sweden does nothing as per usual when thee is an issue in this country. Instead, if I send an email to HK MTR corporate offices in Hong Kong, I actually get a phone call back and a promise of the situation being rectified. So yes, I am glad that a foreign company is running things.
Old September 14th, 2015, 11:18 AM   #918
Swede
forumer #29

The May - August 2015 update of the Citybanan commuter rail tunnel project:

dj4life liked this post
Old September 14th, 2015, 07:50 PM   #919
dj4life

A few fresh pictures of the ongoing work in the tunneln section of Citybanan in Odenplan area:

LR5925-1522032 spåren in mot Stockholm Odenplans station by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr

5925-1521801 Montering av kontaktledningsskena by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr

5925-1521798 Spårområde & plattform by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr

LR5925-1521829 by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr

LR5925-1521837 Stockholm Odenplans plattform by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr

5925-1521821 by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr

dimlys1994, mrsmartman liked this post
Old September 15th, 2015, 10:15 AM   #920
Swede
forumer #29

Red line upgrade, by SL

dj4life liked this post

Tags
metro, scandinavia, stockholm, sweden