daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 15th, 2015, 10:32 AM   #921
K_

Likes (Received): 243

Is there a detailed track diagram of the Tunnelbanan? I couldn't make much sense of the track layouts of the red and green lines trought the central section when I was in Stockholm.
K_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2015, 10:57 AM   #922
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1663

I don't think so. I haven't seen one online at least. What parts did you not get a grip of? I know in my head how the regularly used tracks are layed out.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2015, 03:05 AM   #923
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8794

A couple of new videos of mine from Stockholm showcasing the pendeltåg network to the north of Stockholm on the Märsta and Uppsala lines.

First up is Ulriksdal in Solna municipality.

Sollentuna Station in Sollentuna Municipality.

Svartmetall está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2015, 12:57 AM   #924
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden

Another little tour of Stockholm, this time the Solna branch of the Tvärbanan. The northern stretch of the Tvärbanan from Alvik to Solna has undergone a lot of closures as well as a few signalling updates (due to defective equipment) after its opening in 2013. It is not currently properly integrated with the southern portion of the Tvärbanan from Alvik to Sickla due to differences in signalling (and separate rolling stock at the moment too).

Anyway, here's a tour of Alvik station. Alvik is a very busy interchange as it is where all three branches of the green line of the Tunnelbana comes together with the Nockebybanan (legacy light rail) and both Tvärbanan (light rail) sections.

And a ride on the Solna branch of the Tvärbanan from Alvik to Solna. There was a signal failure while I was on the train so we stopped for a while. I didn't realise until the announcement so I stopped recording shortly afterwards.

Old October 2nd, 2015, 01:25 AM   #925
The Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post

Västra Skogen is a quite unique station. It is incredibly deep at 33-40m deep. It also features one of the longest escalators in Europe at 66m long and 33m high.

Hope you enjoy.
Brings back memories from my student exchange. My student dormitory was near Västra Skogen .

The Enthusiast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2015, 01:53 AM   #926
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Enthusiast View Post
Brings back memories from my student exchange. My student dormitory was near Västra Skogen .

A lot of our students are housed there as well. Strix and Pax for SSSB are there amongst other accommodation.
Old October 7th, 2015, 03:17 PM   #927
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1663

The exits from the new subway stations have been placed:
http://www.stockholmdirekt.se/[email protected]/
http://www.stockholmdirekt.se/nyhete...vu7xKhlI3Z8TQ/

I did a quick doodle in google maps since the official maps in that article didn't match with the text (which is based on quotes from a new document).
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...s.ksjZpQ90b258
EDIT: MY MAP IS WRONG. I emailed the New Subway project and they were clear that their maps are correct. My source was incorrect.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

InK.fan liked this post

Last edited by Swede; October 10th, 2015 at 02:33 PM.
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2015, 05:11 PM   #928
dj4life

Likes (Received): 48596

A model of Bombardier C30 Movia on display at Elmia Nordic Rail in Jönköping:

Source

dimlys1994, InK.fan, Swede, austrian, sandoz25 and 3 others liked this post
dj4life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2015, 10:46 PM   #929
dj4life

Traffic in the light-rail system Lidingöbanan in Lidingö island will be re-launched on saturday, 24th of October.

Source: Snart återupptas trafiken på Lidingöbanan

dimlys1994, Svartmetall, Swede liked this post

Last edited by dj4life; October 9th, 2015 at 10:59 PM.
Old October 10th, 2015, 01:06 AM   #930
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

VERY good news! Will look forward to seeing the new tracks up and running!
Old October 10th, 2015, 01:29 AM   #931
dj4life

Finally, indeed. Hopefully, an extention of Spårväg City to Ropsten and a junction with Lidingöbanan will follow.
Old October 14th, 2015, 10:45 AM   #932
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26123

Spårväg syd project video:

dimlys1994 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2015, 11:54 AM   #933
:jax:

Likes (Received): 538

While the Spårväg Syd project looks cool, the money could be spent way better elsewhere. Connect the tram lines we've got into one network, dammit, and don't add more disconnected pieces. Stockholm must have European record in number of disconnected rail systems. Lidingö-to-Tvärbanan, cool.

Spårväg Syd is also the least profitable of all proposals. On the other hand it is excellent for BRT, particularly with Förbifarten. It would still be non-profitable, but at least it could be excused for long term Södertörn development. If the development continues the BRT could possibly turn into LRT some decades from now.

dimlys1994 liked this post
:jax: está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2015, 11:58 AM   #934
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

The south already has pseudo-BRT. I really would, given the passenger usage in that part of Stockholm, rather have a proper light rail system.

Stockholm seems to be going the route of Paris - unconnected light rail to fill gaps between heavy rail systems. You don't necessarily need a network of light rail and a network of heavy rail, you just need a network, and that is what we are working towards.
Old October 14th, 2015, 02:39 PM   #935
:jax:

Likes (Received): 538

You don't need a connected network, but there is a huge cost to that. Literally, as it is more expensive to run a dozen different networks, and purchase systems, vehicles, and services. But also in the loss of flexibility and reduced network effects. When a problem happens you can't reroute. If the problem happens between T-Centralen and Slussen (for the metro), between Karlberg and Älvsjö (for the pendeltåg), anywhere (for the light rails), the network is broken. Multiple transfers, which many disjunct pieces enforce, adds both to psycological and actual travel time, and radically increases the likelihood of unforeseen delay.

Fully integrating systems like Roslagsbanan and Saltsjöbanan is practically impossible, and that is fine, that is legacy. But scattering tram systems around is just giving an opportunity for tramhaters to eventually say "told you so", and you get calls to shut the whole thing down.

What I, and basically everyone else, look for in a transport system when travelling is efficiency, comfort, convenience, reliability, price, ease/simplicity, frequency (environmental issues come in when planning it)... The actual means of propulsion isn't that relevant except where it affects those factors.

The south (or for that matter the north and centre) doesn't even have pseudo-BRT. The trunk routes 1-4 in the Stockholm city core would be the closest. The buses in Stockholm are not particularly good, though I have seen worse, and the bus stops are of highly variable quality.

My choices from Södertälje to Stockholm are three. The J36 pendeltåg, which is good, if slow and unreliable these days, and the 748 and 749 lines.

The last route is excellent and fairly new, and only goes in the rush hour weekdays. It is also very popular and hopefully will be extended when SL get out of the hole they dug themselves in. After leaving Södertälje it goes straight on the motorway, has a quick intermediate stop and then arrives at Liljeholmen. There you have to cross the square for a couple minutes to get to either the metro or the Tvärbanan tram. Returning by metro it is even better as the bus terminal is integrated with the metro. It is Sweet.

The 748 also goes on the motorway, but when it nears first (and weekends last) stop Fittja it changes from a bus into a carousel. The people on the bus go round and round until it settles outside the metro station. Then it is a couple more circles before on the way to Kungens Kurva and eventually (rush hour) Liljeholmen. Two buses, same starting point, same end point, essentially same route, but different experience.

There are many Fittjas in Stockholm, far too few Liljeholmens.
:jax: está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2015, 04:58 AM   #936
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

I just realised you replied to me, I will formulate a reply tomorrow for you.

But first, because I've just finished processing them, I'm going to share some videos I took yesterday for the metro system here in Stockholm.

First up is Karlaplan station on the red line (Ropsten branch).

And one of the major interchange stations, Östermalmstorg.

Hope you enjoy.
Old October 18th, 2015, 10:39 AM   #937
metr0p0litain

Likes (Received): 271

There is an interior view of the new C30 trains on Bombardier's website:

For a closer look, here is the original in 4.000 x 2.000.

I also found some pictures from the engineering I would like to share with you:

Source: http://www.rbb-online.de
Old October 21st, 2015, 08:05 PM   #938
dj4life

Citybanan picture update:

Station City

5925-1523228 Stockholm City - Här kommer delar till plattformsväggarna by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr

5925-1523252 by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr

5925-1523193 by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr

Station Odenplan

5925-1525061 Stora lådor på T-plattformen Odenplan by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr

5925-1525609 by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr

LR5925-1525678 Mellanplanet mellan T-plattformen och pendeltågsplattformen under Odenplan. by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr

LR5925-1525668 by Projekt Citybanan, on Flickr
Old October 21st, 2015, 11:21 PM   #939
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Amazing, the project is beginning to come together. I actually hope that I get to ride on the Citybanan before I leave.

Also interesting is that the escalator installers are from the UK - the +44 and area code gives that away somewhat!
Old October 22nd, 2015, 07:03 AM   #940
dj4life

This project will become reality. The construction work is scheduled to start in 2018 and the process will last until the year 2022.

More information: Upphöjning av Saltsjöbanan vid Nacka Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4life View Post
Nacka kommun and Atkins made a possibility study for reconstruction of Salstjöbanan light railway in Sickla, Nacka. According to the plan, the tracks can be lifted up and placed on the estacade and the top of an existing building in Sickla köpkvarter. A new joint tunnelbana (planed extention of the blue line) and Salstjöbanan station would be used by passengers of both systems. Among other things, such project would make more space for further expansion of Nacka municipality.

Source

Source

Source

Source

Source

More information: Upphöjning av Saltsjöbanan vid Nacka Station, Atkins.

dimlys1994, Swede, Urbanus, Svartmetall liked this post

Last edited by dj4life; October 22nd, 2015 at 07:16 AM.

Tags
metro, scandinavia, stockholm, sweden